TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me thinks that the reason the case remains unsolved is because the killer is not connected to MB in any way. LE has certainly interviewed every person she had contact with and pursued those avenues to no avail as far as we can tell.

My theory from early on was that the killer was a vandal/joyrider/opportunistic kinda burglar that got a thrill out of breaking and entering. Maybe he was connected to the church and wanted to "breach their security". I never viewed the location, timing, and method of attack as ideal for a targeted murder.

If my theory is true LE will solve this case by
-finding evidence during a future arrest (possibly b&e, robbery, LE impersonation, peeping, stalking) that can be linked to this case
-further interviews with people related to the church
-someone with knowledge steps forward with information

IMOO What better location for a targeted murder? Secluded, outside cams not working, church had no alarms, Missy enters alone, she posts where she will be, what time she will be there.

Perp(s) arrive well prepared with breaching tools, kill kit, and "went to great lengths to hide their identity" per MPD.

It is highly probable that LE has interviewed the killer(s) but if no physical evidence was left putting them in the church at the time of the murder there would be little chance of a conviction.

In one of the early MPD pressers they say " the person did what they did to whom they wanted to do it to"

All JMHOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMOO What better location for a targeted murder? Secluded, outside cams not working, church had no alarms, Missy enters alone, she posts where she will be, what time she will be there.

Perp(s) arrive well prepared with breaching tools, kill kit, and "went to great lengths to hide their identity" per MPD.

It is highly probable that LE has interviewed the killer(s) but if no physical evidence was left putting them in the church at the time of the murder there would be little chance of a conviction.

In one of the early MPD pressers they say " the person did what they did to whom they wanted to do it to"

I believe if they actually had a suspect, DNA evidence could easily place the suspect at the scene of the crime. This case can't be that simple, or it would have already been solved. Other evidence, such as electronic evidence could also put the suspect at the scene of the crime. It's just not that hard to link a suspect to the scene of the crime. If the police have interviewed a suspect, and haven't made an arrest yet, then they are total incompetents.

I believe if they actually had a suspect, DNA evidence could easily place the suspect at the scene of the crime. This case can't be that simple, or it would have already been solved. Other evidence, such as electronic evidence could also put the suspect at the scene of the crime. It's just not that hard to link a suspect to the scene of the crime. If the police have interviewed a suspect, and haven't made an arrest yet, then they are total incompetents.

Did they leave DNA behind? They were completely covered. I don't see how they could have left hair or saliva let alone touch DNA anywhere.

If you followed the Michelle Young murder case, very little of her husbands DNA was found in his own home. Some people shed less than others according to an expert that testified in that trial.

I'm thinking a possible way to link someone to the scene of this crime (if no DNA was found) could be fibers from their vehicle or their home being present on or around MB.

Did they leave DNA behind? They were completely covered. I don't see how they could have left hair or saliva let alone touch DNA anywhere.

If you followed the Michelle Young murder case, very little of her husbands DNA was found in his own home. Some people shed less than others according to an expert that testified in that trial.

I'm thinking a possible way to link someone to the scene of this crime (if no DNA was found) could be fibers from their vehicle or their home being present on or around MB.

Well that is another way. I don't believe a suspect can spend that much time at the scene of the crime and not leave a DNA trail. Especially with the video evidence that shows everywhere the suspect went. There must have been DNA evidence all over the place. There would have certainly been a lot of DNA evidence on the body.

Or they may have mishandled / contaminated evidence.

Or they may have mishandled / contaminated evidence.

That's why I said they would have to be incompetent. But I don't think that is the case. I believe it was the FBI that handled that part of the investigation. So you are saying that the FBI mishandled the case. The FBI is the highest investigative agency in this country. If the FBI is mishandling cases, then we have no hope for solving any crimes. But the FBI has solved almost half a million crimes with DNA evidence, and I don't know why this case should be an exception.

Saw this coming up to the top again and was hoping someone had been caught.

I'm also still of the opinion that this wasn't carried out by anyone she knew well, if at all, and that it wasn't targeted in the sense that the killer set the scene up and laid a trap specifically for her to be a victim. I have always believed this was fairly random from the start, and given it's been unsolvable so far that just reaffirms my belief there isn't a traceable connection between them.

That's why I said they would have to be incompetent. But I don't think that is the case. I believe it was the FBI that handled that part of the investigation. So you are saying that the FBI mishandled the case. The FBI is the highest investigative agency in this country. If the FBI is mishandling cases, then we have no hope for solving any crimes. But the FBI has solved almost half a million crimes with DNA evidence, and I don't know why this case should be an exception.

No I am saying it’s completely possible the crime scene and evidence collected there was mishandled. IMHO

ETA: the local police handled the collection of evidence and clearing of the church, not the FBI nor the Texas rangers.

Well that is another way. I don't believe a suspect can spend that much time at the scene of the crime and not leave a DNA trail. Especially with the video evidence that shows everywhere the suspect went. There must have been DNA evidence all over the place. There would have certainly been a lot of DNA evidence on the body.

With their entire body being covered, they may very well have left little at the scene. DNA can only be shed from some sort of bodily fluid, hair, skin cells, etc. and if everything was covered it would be hard to see where the transfer could've occurred.

If they hardly found any of Jason Youngs DNA in his own bedroom, I doubt someone covered head to toe, in a church that many people come in and out of(making it hard to identify what may be the murderers vs. Church member), would leave much behind.

Saw this coming up to the top again and was hoping someone had been caught.

I'm also still of the opinion that this wasn't carried out by anyone she knew well, if at all, and that it wasn't targeted in the sense that the killer set the scene up and laid a trap specifically for her to be a victim. I have always believed this was fairly random from the start, and given it's been unsolvable so far that just reaffirms my belief there isn't a traceable connection between them.

I agree 100%. It just doesn't make sense that a church lady / fitness trainer would have the type of enemy or enemies that would go to such extremes just to murder her. It would take a really serious psychopath, to do something like that. If there was anyone like that in her circle, they would have been a suspect from day one. Everyone would have known who did it right away. This woman clearly did not have an enemy like that. She may very well have had issues with certain people, but highly unlikely that she had anyone who wanted to murder her.

And I agree that as time goes on it's just more evidence that this was just a random crime. I've said right from the start, the only way this case will ever be solved is if the perpetrator is arrested for another crime, and somehow their DNA or other evidence links them to this case.

ETA: the local police handled the collection of evidence and clearing of the church, not the FBI nor the Texas rangers.

Incorrect. The FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, the U.S. Marshals Service, The Texas Rangers, and Midlothian Police Department were all there together collecting evidence. Their vehicles were all pictured in the parking lot at the crime scene. This was not just a bunch of local cops investigating. This was a major investigation right from the start.

All JMHOO

absolutely, one does not stroll around for half an hour before the murder without knowledge that the cams outside do not work and full knowledge they would not be interrupted until the job was done. I think it was a hired job, just my opinion

Incorrect. The FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, the U.S. Marshals Service, The Texas Rangers, and Midlothian Police Department were all there together collecting evidence. Their vehicles were all pictured in the parking lot at the crime scene. This was not just a bunch of local cops investigating. This was a major investigation right from the start.

They were there before the crime scene was released later, but they were not there initially. And the evidence was collected by local police.

I agree 100%. It just doesn't make sense that a church lady / fitness trainer would have the type of enemy or enemies that would go to such extremes just to murder her.

She may very well have had issues with certain people, but highly unlikely that she had anyone who wanted to murder her.

She also had a life style that that is capable of generating extremely violent emotional driven responses in some people. Though murder is rare, it has been connected with that interest in various ways for a very long time.

She also had a life style that that is capable of generating extremely violent emotional driven responses in some people. Though murder is rare, it has been connected with that interest in various ways for a very long time.

Cryptic---I wasn't aware of Missy having a lifestyle that would generate a violent response in some people. Could you please elaborate? Would love to hear your thoughts...

:confused:

The one entity you didn't mention was the one who had the lead in doing the CSI - Ellis County. They would have cordoned off the interior and then just that CSI team would have collected the evidence. Everyone else that was there were not specialized CSI - they were detectives and law enforcement officers.

But with that said, it's still amazing to me that the scene was cleared in less than 6 hours. That is way below the absolute minimum that a crime scene usually takes to clear. It's almost like they were so nervous about it being a house of worship that they rushed to turn it back over to the leaders so that they could resume God's work as quickly as possible.

As for DNA, though, I don't see how they could have had any luck. It's a high-use facility with hundreds of people going in and out. There would have been so much intermingled DNA, it would have been a nightmare. And SP was covered head to toe - no way they left any DNA anyway, IMHO.

I agree 100%. It just doesn't make sense that a church lady / fitness trainer would have the type of enemy or enemies that would go to such extremes just to murder her. It would take a really serious psychopath, to do something like that. If there was anyone like that in her circle, they would have been a suspect from day one. Everyone would have known who did it right away. This woman clearly did not have an enemy like that. She may very well have had issues with certain people, but highly unlikely that she had anyone who wanted to murder her.

And I agree that as time goes on it's just more evidence that this was just a random crime. I've said right from the start, the only way this case will ever be solved is if the perpetrator is arrested for another crime, and somehow their DNA or other evidence links them to this case.

what about the affairs? or even the perceived affairs I would think could make a spouse or lover or that lover's wife or even the parents of the victim angry enough to kill. Having young children and the thought of years of child support. People have killed for much less reasons.

what about the affairs? or even the perceived affairs I would think could make a spouse or lover or that lover's wife or even the parents of the victim angry enough to kill. Having young children and the thought of years of child support. People have killed for much less reasons.
Or even a lover of the spouse [emoji41]

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members