Identified! AR - Blytheville, WhtFem 449UFAR, 18-36, 'Kim' tattoo, Jun'78 - Kimberlin Mills

What I meant to convey was that "Jim & Kim" had been making calls home, and i read they sent a letter, from the truck stop.

That was my error earlier - about the letter. He made a call to his sister from the truck stop, they didn't send a letter.

Any chance of the family releasing a photo of Kim? Do we know Jimmy and Kim's age?

Any chance of the family releasing a photo of Kim? Do we know Jimmy and Kim's age?

The family is still waiting for confirmation that Kim Doe, is indeed their Kim. As of now, her NAMUS page is still up. With UNT currently behind and catching up...it might be awhile before they have that confirmation. I will be very surprised if we see a photo of her before then. JMHO

As for ages....Jimmy was 21, a few months shy of his 22nd birthday....and I don't think we know a DOB for Kim.

Found her 2 siblings on facebook but no photo og her, atleast not public

I think they are still waiting for DNA results for a positive I'd? I know with jimmy, he was ID in may but nothing was released till September. I keep waiting too!

The family is still waiting for confirmation that Kim Doe, is indeed their Kim. As of now, her NAMUS page is still up. With UNT currently behind and catching up...it might be awhile before they have that confirmation. I will be very surprised if we see a photo of her before then. JMHO

As for ages....Jimmy was 21, a few months shy of his 22nd birthday....and I don't think we know a DOB for Kim.

Will UNT accept family DNA?

I thought it was interesting that after serving two years, why run now? Did jimmy feel threatened and if so, maybe this was no random killing.

When you are that age, a few months passes like a few years. Young adults don't do well forecasting into the future. They just don't. Time only speeds up the older you get. Ultimately, my guess is they felt trapped and all they could see was the overwhelming repeated pattern over and over. Especially, if they had kids and family around them lived the similar lifestyle of brushes with the law, time spent in, etc. They most likely wanted a fresh start and better life.

There were no threatening letters or phone calls.

They were young and made young people's mistakes. They felt it was the end of the world to not to be together every moment. It's very sad that they did not just stay and Jimmy finish his sentence. I believe they had another reason to run, but it wasn't because they were being threatened.

I agree with this. Though released a couple years later, Rod Stewarts son-Young Turks, sums up the feelings a lot young people trapped in small towns just digging bigger holes for themselves felt. It's a bad cycle.

"But there ain't no point in talking when there's nobody listening, so we just ran away".

They seem to have their own page now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jimmy_Hendricks_and_Kim_Mills

Brand new here, but this case has always interested me. I've been following it for a few years now, and I am thrilled to see they were ID'd. As I browsing the internet, bored out of my mind at work, I came across something interesting. This man Travis Mills, would be Kim's nephew, as in Dennis Mills Jr. son. Here is his site, very courageous story.

https://www.travismills.org

Not sure if this has been brought up before but still interesting nonethe less.

Wow..very interesting. Thank you for sharing influstenza

When you are that age, a few months passes like a few years. Young adults don't do well forecasting into the future. They just don't. Time only speeds up the older you get. Ultimately, my guess is they felt trapped and all they could see was the overwhelming repeated pattern over and over. Especially, if they had kids and family around them lived the similar lifestyle of brushes with the law, time spent in, etc. They most likely wanted a fresh start and better life.

I agree with this. Though released a couple years later, Rod Stewarts son-Young Turks, sums up the feelings a lot young people trapped in small towns just digging bigger holes for themselves felt. It's a bad cycle.

"But there ain't no point in talking when there's nobody listening, so we just ran away".

They seem to have their own page now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jimmy_Hendricks_and_Kim_Mills
I happen to know this cold case, mystery.Alot was involved in leaving.Love was one,and wanted a fresh start,in life,it could very well be more,and Jimmy protected his family by not revealing All he knew.I personally believe we the family know who did this but not sure,I'm also not sure if it's being investigated..40 years ,of greiveing asking God asking Jim n kim looking up to Heaven where are you.Holding cuddling a sweater he gave me at Christmas in 1977.Knowing now brings a 1000 questions,my heart goes out to all of us,left behind ,and all the ppl who help Thank you(.Sibling)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I happen to know this cold case, mystery.Alot was involved in leaving.Love was one,and wanted a fresh start,in life,it could very well be more,and Jimmy protected his family by not revealing All he knew.I personally believe we the family know who did this but not sure,I'm also not sure if it's being investigated..40 years ,of greiveing asking God asking Jim n kim looking up to Heaven where are you.Holding cuddling a sweater he gave me at Christmas in 1977.Knowing now brings a 1000 questions,my heart goes out to all of us,left behind ,and all the ppl who help Thank you(.Sibling)

Very sorry for your loss.

Hoping for a pic of Kim soon...maybe once a positive is made.
So glad she has her name now!!!!

Brand new here, but this case has always interested me. I've been following it for a few years now, and I am thrilled to see they were ID'd. As I browsing the internet, bored out of my mind at work, I came across something interesting. This man Travis Mills, would be Kim's nephew, as in Dennis Mills Jr. son. Here is his site, very courageous story.

https://www.travismills.org

Not sure if this has been brought up before but still interesting nonethe less.
I went to this site awhile back, after seeing this post.I don't know if Kim's,kin know who I am.I talked to Kim's mother a time or 2,in the first year,maybe once after,we lost contact somehow.At least Kim and her parents have reunited in heaven is my believe as well as Jimmy and I parents and many more family members.Its hard being left behind ,God has given me 3 young gd.children and 2 adult ones.My daughter is 40 my son 42,Jim n kim left in June 1978 and my daughter had turned 1 that year.Jimmy was there,at her birthday party for a few,with our bio dad,and hadd to get back to work.I hold onto our love,we sure had a ruff beginning in life,we were separated in different foster homes and reunited at 5 and 6, adopted by our bio dad's mother,then separated again by death,Jim n Kim lived with myself and my 2 baby's then,so there is so much not revealed to all who have followed.Ty all from my heart.Theres still a long way ahead.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998