IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still catching up so would someone answer these questions please?

How did the national media get the information that there may be a connection to this guy about Abby and Libby's murder? Were they alerted by an unnamed source that an arrest in CO may be connected to the girls?

Has it said what part of Indiana he was from on his expired license plates?

He may not have had to use a gun against the girls. The hatchet would frighten them terribly if he threatened them with it to get them to go down the hill. Since we still do not know how the girls were killed it could have been by a gun or some other bludgeoning weapon like a short handled hatchet which would be easy to conceal under a coat.

TIA

He lived in two places in IN, each was about 100 miles from Delphi. He up and left in June (or LE couldn't find him in June....not sure when he actually left.)

jmo

I didn't know LE requested that.

Curious, what was the difference between this guy and the property owner were the girls were found.

TIA
Maybe this guy is the real deal and they don't want a media circus to ruin any conviction chances. I'm sure we don't want that either. Can't wait for more developments. Are we going to have to wait until 16th October arraignment date?

Thank you. How far is Greenwood from the murder scene for Abby and Libby? Do we know how long he lived there and was he living in Greenwood when the girls were murdered? tia
Only going by what was said on here but he broke up with his wife on the 8 Feb so don't know where he lived then. When he was arrested for the drugs and driving charges in April 2017 his address was listed as Greenwood.

Thank you. How far is Greenwood from the murder scene for Abby and Libby? Do we know how long he lived there and was he living in Greenwood when the girls were murdered? tia

He's been living in and around south of Indianapolis for some time - small towns like Martinsville, Camby, Monroesville. They are all about 1.5 hours from Delphi.

Around 2012 he was living in St. Petersburg, FL. In 2011 and prior to that, he was living in South Carolina. He grew up in a town called Chesnee and lived there after his conviction in 2007 for indecent exposure. Apparently he was in the marines prior to 2007 and spent time at Camp Lejeune and Parris Island.

The fact that they've been holding the manner of death in this case quiet has always had me thinking they were killed in a way that is not "normal". In other words I've always thought it was unfortunately gruesome. We hear of people getting murdered all the time by shootings and stabbings. So in my mind I had ruled that out. But when a hatchet was mentioned I immediately felt sick and thought back to the picture that many thought he had a gun in his pocket. I never thought it was a gun but something else I couldn't identify.

Yes, this is what really stood out to me at first, too. Then the nose, Then his ties to Indiana. Then his background.

What confuses me, though, is that his wife and kids were in the car in Colorado. It's hard for me to imagine even a seasoned killer hunting victims and menacing others while the wife and kid are in tow.

jmo

His Greenwood address is 7 minutes from my home according to Google Maps. I passed by near Delphi this summer. It's about 1.5-2 hours away.

Re: accent.

I'm from the deep south but have been living in Indiana for many years now and my accent is all but gone unless I am around other southerners and for a few sayings and slang I've kept. If this guy had been out of SC for any number of years he may not have much of an accent left.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

<modsnip> i did call. at 10am tuesday. <modsnip> So i was following the story. I never follow these types of things, but it is close to my home. <modsnip> Needless to say, everyone around here is watching closely. When i googled daniel nations monday night, I saw all of the things you are seeing. I got excited because he looked like the pics of the delpi killer. I called and spoke to a lady at the INDY FBI office, who took down all the info and was calling teller county. She took my info. Strangely, she asked for my social. Then, i started to get excited and dropped some of this info on this site and facebook because I wanted to see if anyone could offer anymore info.

Just getting in and caught up, wanted to link this quote from above, sorry if repost:

"Abby Williams’ mother, Anna Williams, said the arrest has given her a glimmer of hope.

"Our family is hoping and praying that 'God's got this' and that today is finally the day," Abby Williams told ABC News Wednesday evening."

(There are currently 275 people browsing this thread)

Same here, Falling. I heard what I'd call Appalachian 'lite', meaning on the fringes rather than in the heart of it. To be more precise, to my ear, the western edges of central to north central Appalachia. This guy DN is from the far eastern edge of southern Appalachia, a dialect I'm less familiar with. I'd like to hear him say the words.

attachment.php

Thanks. I love info about accents and regional vocabulary.

no, the 16th is just for his weapons charge. should know before then

I think it's him.

That earlier mug shot when he had the goatee clinched it for me. Plus that bulbous nose!

His Greenwood address is 7 minutes from my home according to Google Maps. I passed by near Delphi this summer. It's about 1.5-2 hours away.

Greenwood addy is about 10 minutes from me and I drive by fairly often. I really wonder if he had a local job ever. I haven't seen anything about him working at all.

TY for putting my mind at rest. So essentially he will have a choice of sitting in jail in CO or paying $2k to be released into Johnson County IN jurisdiction? Maybe we should pass the hat to get him back to IN?

Puts my mind at ease too, somewhat... I was looking at the calendar and saw that with Sunday being the first of the month, if he receives a check of some kind it would hit his bank tomorrow. Even though he has been living off the grid, he must get money from somewhere, right? What do y'all think? Military check? Disability maybe? If it goes direct deposit, he can access from any ATM. What are his charges in Johnston Co, would they have a higher bond, so that even he got a monthly check it wouldn't be enough for bond?

no, the 16th is just for his weapons charge. should know before then

So I had typed out a long post that got lost in cyberspace...sigh. Anyway, I believe that we can conclude that LE and FBI in Delphi do not have any of the killer's DNA from Abby and Libby's crime scene. I believe that LE cleared the scene early thinking ( as many of us do/did) that they would find evidence of sexual assault on examination and plentiful DNA. I believe the reason that LE rushed back to the crime scene several days later is that the ME report stated there was no unexplained DNA on their bodies, so back to the drawing board and they secured the scene. Poor RL had been back down there ( so they probably found his DNA) and that coupled with a shoddy alibi due to his parole violation ( probably went to a bar) was very bad news for him.

Do not underestimate DN. When arrested his wife was in the driver's seat of the car and making all kinds of excuses for him. We don't know if he killed Abby and Libby but I"m fairly certain he killed Tim Watkins. Just because he doesn't look smart with his FAS features doesn't mean he isn't the cold and calculated serial killer we had devised in our minds. If he's responsible for Abby and Libby's death it is MOO that the DA will need a conviction without DNA evidence, hard to do. I am betting that hatchet is already at Quantico. I also believe that FBI and LE squashed any more information out of Colorado because they were concerned that the condition of Abby and Libby's bodies when found would be revealed and they really want to keep that just between them and the killer, all MOO of course.

Sorta feels like homecoming week in Abby and Libby's forum. I haven't visited in quite a long time as I was so discouraged with the consistent repeat of information. Thought for a while there that the washing machine cycle was playing Groundhog Day. And then the hurricane hit the Texas Coast and I got involved with the murder of the real estate agent by her hubby and then with the local collection centers for hurricane relief. Then today I take a peek on websleuths and THIS! Don't want to make a judgement on whether I believe he's the BG but I'd weep with satisfaction if these families found the evil that destroyed their babies.

I think it's him.

That earlier mug shot when he had the goatee clinched it for me. Plus that bulbous nose!

Yes that earlier mug shot OMG when I paste them side by side it is uncanny really. Maybe recent events or drugs has him looking much slimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305