IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm absolutely floored by this development. And completely leaning towards the idea that the ex-wife provided an actual photo of him to be used as a basis for the sketch, which would also explain the hesitation and "scared witness" consideration, with the trail stranger witness as a cover story from LE. Or maybe she didn't connect the dots until later. Either way, this sketch will go down in history for its accuracy!

Edit: when did she file for divorce and when was the domestic battery charge?

The ATF and FBI will be all over this. I used to sell guns. They will be tracing the history of that gun back to its manufacture. She never should have been sold that gun. Somebody is in for a world of hurt over it.

Why's that? She's not an RSO, and the paperwork doesn't ask if someone is related to one. Are you thinking it was a straw sale? If so, why?

Why's that? She's not an RSO, and the paperwork doesn't ask if someone is related to one. Are you thinking it was a straw sale? If so, why?

I interpreted the illegality to be related to the fact that it was semi-automatic? Do Indiana and Colorado laws differ on ownership of that type of gun?

Another thing, we do not know how safe DN's daughter/kids have been in his care.
So the child custody case where the judge asks him " did you kill the girls in Delphi" and he shakes his head. Did that really happen? Or did I imagine it?

Also significant in this news report the interviewee states "I took headphones and listened to the voice of the '..down the hill..' to me it could very well be him"...wow

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36479071/daniel-nations

The ex coworker said Nations also used to wear a hat very similar to the one in the composite sketch. Maybe soon we will have confirmation from LE if he's the BG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a dealer, I was the last line of defense to prevent guns from falling into the wrong hands. I had a computer terminal that the person buying the gun would fill out Part A of the form 4473 and answer several questions. When that was complete, I filled out Part B and then called a phone number that went directly to the FBI. I read the applicant's Name, social, DOB, type of gun being purchased (long gun) and waited while a background check was done. The answer would come back Proceed, Denied, or Delay

Part A question 11 (a),(d), or (h) either one alone if answered truthfully would have stopped this sale in its tracks. Both (d) and (h) had to have been answered falsely.

all this said, perhaps they bought the firearm from an individual and no background check at all was done. it happens all the time.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

Good morning everyone!

Today I woke up and felt a semblance of peace because I truly feel DN is the one responsible for the murders of Mr. Martin and Libby and Abby.

It all seems so surreal at how everything seemed to crawl along concerning L&As case and then go from 0-90 now become smoking hot instead of a months old case that seemed to have grown cold with fears of being left unsolved. And then add that on top of the police officer assigned to A&Ls case being in CO just like week and discussed their case with the CO police officers there makes it all seem so surreal.

It reminds me of all the ID cases I have watched where the detectives work tireless on a case....many for months or even years and they are at a dead end and THEN right out of the blue another PD from an entirely different state will call them and say 'we think we have someone in our custody that could be linked to one of your murder cases' and then everything changes immediately with the big break coming from the least likely places. Imo, this is what has happened here.

I was one of the few that thought the BG could be in his 20-30s and I never felt he was that overweight. I do think he has heavier back then and lost weight trying to not fit the BG image.

There are just too many things pointing at DN for them to all be coincidences and I have never believed in coincidences when it comes to murder cases. I also wasn't convinced he had murdered others before L&A. I did believe there would be some type of sex offense in his history. Often sex offenders become less thrilled just exposing themselves and will then seek out victims to carryout their ultimate sick fantasies on which is to kidnap, rape, and murder their victims.

Wow, I'm absolutely floored by this development. And completely leaning towards the idea that the ex-wife provided an actual photo of him to be used as a basis for the sketch, which would also explain the hesitation and "scared witness" consideration, with the trail stranger witness as a cover story from LE. Or maybe she didn't connect the dots until later. Either way, this sketch will go down in history for its accuracy!

Edit: when did she file for divorce and when was the domestic battery charge?

Wait, what? You think his wife provided a photo of him to investigators to be used in the sketch and then continued to travel around with him? I'm confused.

Don't you need id and a fixed abode to purchase a gun?

Police found a .22-caliber semiautomatic rifle inside Nations' red sedan, according to the affidavit.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-suspect-indiana-no-stranger-crime/713951001/

He's a convicted felon out of Morgan County, Indiana, where he beat up Katelyn Nations in December 2015, according to Indiana court documents.
Felons in Indiana are not allowed to have firearms. Turns out, they aren't allowed to have firearms in Colorado, either.

I wondered the same. Marijuana doesn't usually cause violent outbursts does it? But I had read here way back that IN has a large meth problem and I know meth head's behavior can be all over the place. There is nothing stated that says he has a history of meth use so this is just speculation and maybe I'm just wondering that to help me understand how someone can walk around the woods with a hachet! threatening people. moo
I didn't want to bring up the drugs again cos of all the crapola I took for banging on about it before, but perhaps that's how he made enough to live on and why he liked the woods. MOO just saying.

Same. my friend and I looked at each other and we laughed. Granted we weren't alone on a deserted bridge, but we found it hard to take seriously, an adult man, standing there, penis in hand,.. Just seemed so...pathetic, as i recall, not really in a dangerous way...

Happened to me and a friend also. I was 10 and she was 11 it was late 70's early 80's and the police did not even come talk to us about it. I still remember some of the details. It is really upsetting to hear that it has happened to so many of us. It almost seems like it is something every tween or young teen girl has had happened.

As a dealer, I was the last line of defense to prevent guns from falling into the wrong hands. I had a computer terminal that the person buying the gun would fill out Part A of the form 4473 and answer several questions. When that was complete, I filled out Part B and then called a phone number that went directly to the FBI. I read the applicant's Name, social, DOB, type of gun being purchased (long gun) and waited while a background check was done. The answer would come back Proceed, Denied, or Delay

Part A question 11 (a),(d), or (h) either one alone if answered truthfully would have stopped this sale in its tracks. Both (d) and (h) had to have been answered falsely.

all this said, perhaps they bought the firearm from an individual and no background check at all was done. it happens all the time.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

I processed paperwork to make sure it was completed in entirety and to protect the store from an ATF audit. She bought the gun. No foul.

Do we know for sure that his DNA is in the national database? If he was in jail in Indiana 10 days after the murder is it likely they just had a backlog of tests to run and didn't connect the dots?

Am I correct in saying the gun was bought under his wife's name?

I keep seeing references than DN's Facebook page is gone. It's not. I'm looking at it right now. He uses his first name and middle name (no last name) and lists his hometown as Chesnee South Carolina.
I noticed that post with the picture of the woods and then the pill below it too and found it disturbingly interesting. I thought to screenshot it but then got sidetracked.... now his profile is gone.

I processed paperwork to make sure it was completed in entirety and to protect the store from an ATF audit. She bought the gun. No foul.

read 11 (h) Are you subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child or an intimate partner or child of such partner? (See Instructions for Question 11.h.)

she also had a restraining order out on him. As his "intimate partner", she would be prevented from having possession of said gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth