Found Deceased LA - Michael Nickelotte, 21, Baton Rouge, 18 Sept 2017

Saw the notice on the Find Michael FB page...such a sad outcome. I was worried that he may have been depressed and harmed himself. I don't know if that's the case, as details haven't been released. My prayers are with him family and all who loved him.

This is a tough time for the LSU community who have lost two students in as many weeks. First Maxwell Gruver, who died in an alleged hazing incident, and now Michael.

Am so deeply heartbroken, was so hoping he would be Ok. To those on this thread that knew and loved him I am very very sorry for your loss.

Heartbroken. RIP Michael and may Gods spirit bring comfort to your beautiful family. ��

Tragic update with message from the family.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1730059777300193
3ea3ce61289d6008343a56115eeecd18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a link to a map that shows Michael's apartment (ECA) and the route that would have been taken to get to the wooded area where the hunters found his body today along Nicholson Drive, between Ben Hur and Gardere Lane. My heartfelt sympathies for his family.

https://goo.gl/maps/JskSNk8nrkv

I'm so sad to hear this. I am grateful, though, that since Michael was deceased his remains were found and his family can put him to rest and hopefully find out what happened.

I wonder if his bike was with him. That is quite a ways away from campus....especially at 1am or 2am on a bike. I wonder if he ever took nighttime bike rides to blow off steam or whatever? (I'm a runner and like to run at night, but like 8pm, not 1am and not on that far away.....) Maybe he met with found play or was a hit and run victim and then was moved into the woods? There are some higher-crime areas he'd have been near as well along that route. It seems like he should appear on some businesses' surveillance cameras if he rode out towards Tigerland and then went down Hwy 30. I hope they get answers. Rest in Peace, Michael.

I'm so sad to hear this. I am grateful, though, that since Michael was deceased his remains were found and his family can put him to rest and hopefully find out what happened.

I wonder if his bike was with him. That is quite a ways away from campus....especially at 1am or 2am on a bike. I wonder if he ever took nighttime bike rides to blow off steam or whatever? (I'm a runner and like to run at night, but like 8pm, not 1am and not on that far away.....) Maybe he met with found play or was a hit and run victim and then was moved into the woods? There are some higher-crime areas he'd have been near as well along that route. It seems like he should appear on some businesses' surveillance cameras if he rode out towards Tigerland and then went down Hwy 30. I hope they get answers. Rest in Peace, Michael.

IMO, the family has answers and knows what happened. They'll announce if/when they're able.

This case hit close to home as his family lives in my town. I didn't know them, but Michael fell in between my oldest two (22 and 20) in age. He shared many traits with my boys: introverted (my oldest), former Boy Scout (both my older two), online gamer (my middle), JROTC (my older two). We may never fully understand what happened on the evening of the 18th... I have no more words.

I don't know what led Michael out of his dorm into the night.

Where could somebody hide themselves for this long tho? If that was the case it looks like somebody would've found him by now? That cord could have been used to tie him up as well as the reason you stated. Who knows? This is frustrating.. I can kinda see what you see happening but I get stuck on the fact he has hidden himself sooooo well!!! 😢😢 his poor mama!!

In a deer stand in the middle of the woods 💔

Local news stories are reporting that Michael was found in a deer stand. Seems like hit and run is off the table. Foul play is not suspected.

What's a deer stand? Sorry, I'm from California and not familiar with that.

Such very sad news, sorry for your loss golden_darkness :-(

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's a shelf, for lack of a better word, built onto a tree for hunters to sit on and have a bird's eye view of an area where they're hunting.

(Huge variety tho - yhey can go from a shelf to more of a tree fort.)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A deer stand is like a chair or small platform placed on a tree or a pole in the woods. Hunters use them to sit quietly and wait for deer to pass by.

Local news stories are reporting that Michael was found in a deer stand. Seems like hit and run is off the table. Foul play is not suspected.

It actually reported foul play not suspected at this time. Autopsy has to be preformed and the investigation is ongoing..
http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db_330682/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=XLM2qt45

My condolences to you, golden_darkness, and to Michael's family.

RIP, Michael.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ourDeepestCondolence_Smaller.jpg
    ourDeepestCondolence_Smaller.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 365
The human remains found Friday on Nicholson Drive are believed to be those of LSU student Michael Nickelotte Jr., 21, whose parents had reported him as missing for almost two weeks, a Sheriff's Office spokeswoman said.
Hicks said the family has been notified that authorities believe the body found is their son, though DNA tests will be done to obtain a positive identification.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_0f1d791e-a57b-11e7-9ff0-27008986c0c5.html

Not yet confirmed ID

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back