NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Terry Rasmussen/Robert Evans is that he used various aliases and moved frequently, so finding the area where the Jane Does came from is tricky. I do, however, stand by my idea that the adult was a pregnant runaway. But the Allenstown Bluebeard could have picked her up from anywhere.

You know, we've all assumed that Terry killed the A4 and then met Denise but there is a slight chance he killed them just before he left with Lisa in 1981. The first barrel was found in 1985, he had left in 1981, plenty long enough for the remains to skeletonize. Perhaps we should widen the search to include those who have been missing since 1981?

You know, we've all assumed that Terry killed the A4 and then met Denise but there is a slight chance he killed them just before he left with Lisa in 1981. The first barrel was found in 1985, he had left in 1981, plenty long enough for the remains to skeletonize. Perhaps we should widen the search to include those who have been missing since 1981?

You bring up a very good point. Since I started delving into this case, the original estimated TOD was 1977-1985, this was before we knew about RE/TR. When they released the isotope results in Nov 2015, the time frame was shortened to 1980-1984. We learned about him in Dec. 2016/Jan 2017. We found out he left Manchester around Dec. 1981. We know he resurfaces in CA sometime in 1984, and we don't know where he was in between 1981-1984. He could have still been in NH, just not Manchester. I think there is a possibility he could have been, and these 4 were killed during that time, but the biggest sticking point there is why would he kill the 4 and not D/L, too? It's a bit of a plot hole for a lot of folks.

You bring up a very good point. Since I started delving into this case, the original estimated TOD was 1977-1985, this was before we knew about RE/TR. When they released the isotope results in Nov 2015, the time frame was shortened to 1980-1984. We learned about him in Dec. 2016/Jan 2017. We found out he left Manchester around Dec. 1981. We know he resurfaces in CA sometime in 1984, and we don't know where he was in between 1981-1984. He could have still been in NH, just not Manchester. I think there is a possibility he could have been, and these 4 were killed during that time, but the biggest sticking point there is why would he kill the 4 and not D/L, too? It's a bit of a plot hole for a lot of folks.
But Denise isn't one of the four, so he hadn't killed her by then, or at least not in the same time and place. And if he hadn't killed her, there's no reason for him to have killed Lisa.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I'm guessing hard data has been culled by LE from the tenants in the apartment complex in Texas from 1978. Here, they'll be able to confirm if there was a live-in GF/Wife with Terry from 74 thru 78, and whether or not there were children.

I wonder what it was initially that brought Terry to Texas? An ex-military friend?

I'm guessing hard data has been culled by LE from the tenants in the apartment complex in Texas from 1978. Here, they'll be able to confirm if there was a live-in GF/Wife with Terry from 74 thru 78, and whether or not there were children.

I wonder what it was initially that brought Terry to Texas? An ex-military friend?
New Hampshire was a booming area in the late 70s and early 80s. The old was dying (mills for instance) and tech was starting up, often in the same vacated mill buildings.

I suppose it is possible that TR maintained more than one relationship at a time in different nearby cities and kept Denise from finding out about the Allenstown 4 while he was dating both women. Seems sort of complicated, but it's not impossible. The Allenstown 4 might have even known him by a different name. I believe Denise had to have been killed soon after disappearing in Nov 1981 because she did not contact her family again. She might even be somewhere in NH. Dawn/Lisa was only 6 months old when she was taken by TR, so if she was ever in the presence of the Allenstown 4 (assuming a scenario where they were killed after Denise), she would not be able to reveal his name, nor would she remember anything he did in front of her.
Do we know when the mill closure ended or when "Bob Evans" ceased working there? Knowing when he had access to the barrels from the mill might narrow down the timeline as well. JMO.

There is (and has been since the 1940s) a US Naval Air Station at Corpus Christi TX. How close was the apartment complex where TR was living to Corpus Christi?

I want to say the mill closed some time in 1980, but I've been searching and can't seem to find the source. I'll keep looking.

I suppose it is possible that TR maintained more than one relationship at a time in different nearby cities and kept Denise from finding out about the Allenstown 4 while he was dating both women. Seems sort of complicated, but it's not impossible. The Allenstown 4 might have even known him by a different name. I believe Denise had to have been killed soon after disappearing in Nov 1981 because she did not contact her family again. She might even be somewhere in NH. Dawn/Lisa was only 6 months old when she was taken by TR, so if she was ever in the presence of the Allenstown 4 (assuming a scenario where they were killed after Denise), she would not be able to reveal his name, nor would she remember anything he did in front of her.
Do we know when the mill closure ended or when "Bob Evans" ceased working there? Knowing when he had access to the barrels from the mill might narrow down the timeline as well. JMO.

Absolutely possible. He could have even said he was still in the military and "deployed" or elsewhere. Or a truck driver or seasonal worker. I do think he had multiple woman and "families". There is also a possibility that the mother of his daughter (the deceased) was a brief fling, then showed up with that child later. His rage towards that child was due to the child not recognising him as "dad" or not being attached to him because she was older when they met. Was the grief and lose of his marriage and first family so much he was trying to recreate it? Is this a situation where the women outed him on multiple relationships? Someone showed up at the wrong time. Woman A and kids show up where he is working (to support the family) in NH and finds woman B? Woman A ends up with another woman's toddler to care for, shows up and he is with Denise? Does this mess up his whole sympathy story of losing a wife and family in an accident, illness, etc? I just wonder if he kills women who are about the leave him. He didn't kill his first wife, but from there out kills the women who leave. Lose of control. Killed the kids who don't "idolise" him or have too many memories. Some sort of obsessive role playing. It would be so insightful to know from family why his first wife left him.

New Hampshire was a booming area in the late 70s and early 80s. The old was dying (mills for instance) and tech was starting up, often in the same vacated mill buildings.

I was referencing Texas, not NH.

There is (and has been since the 1940s) a US Naval Air Station at Corpus Christi TX. How close was the apartment complex where TR was living to Corpus Christi?

The Sun Meadow Apartments, formerly the Casa Del Rey Apartments. Terry had mentioned them in his visit to Arizona in 1974. The phone number is exactly the same as it was in 1974. The place appears rundown today, but this would have been a fairly new and stellar property when Terry was living there. He had to have been making some good money.
https://www.google.com/maps/@27.8832964,-97.2140849,193a,35y,81.24h,44.95t/data=!3m1!1e3

afew5v.jpg

https://www.newspapers.com/image/31247508/?terms="776-7613"

The article referencing him living in Ingleside, TX and at the Casa Del Rey Apartments.
http://www.unionleader.com/crime/allenstown-barrel-killers-true-identity-revealed-20170818

I want to say the mill closed some time in 1980, but I've been searching and can't seem to find the source. I'll keep looking.

State agency seeking Waumbec successor MANCHESTER (API - New Ramp- shire s industrial development office already has begun the search for a new tenant to occupy the 500.000-square-foot factory being vacated by Waumbec Mills, a drapery and clothing manufacturer. After 43 years in Manchester. Waumbec has announced it is closing its plant and consolidating with its parent company, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., in New Bedford, Mass. Waumbec was acquired by the New Bedford company five years ago. The closing should be completed within two months, according to Waumbec personnel director David Godlewski. He said a few of the mill’s approximately 180 employees may be transferred to New Bedford.

Nashua Telegraph Aug 1980 pg 3 :moo:

Dawn/Lisa was only 6 months old when she was taken by TR, so if she was ever in the presence of the Allenstown 4 (assuming a scenario where they were killed after Denise), she would not be able to reveal his name, nor would she remember anything he did in front of her.
Excellent point! She also was useful to him while on the run while playing his whole "grieving single father routine". A question though would be why she has memories of siblings that died while camping. Why did he spare her then?

Excellent point! She also was useful to him while on the run while playing his whole "grieving single father routine". A question though would be why she has memories of siblings that died while camping. Why did he spare her then?

I believe there could be another woman and possibly more children that we don't know about. TR was possibly seen in California with a woman and children. Also, we don't really know if Dawn/Lisa has actual memories of siblings. She was asked if she had siblings and that was her answer, but she might have only been told by TR that her siblings died from eating mushrooms. He told so many lies that I can see him making up a story like that to keep Dawn/Lisa in line. Or perhaps he used it as a sob story once to gain someone's trust and Dawn/Lisa believed it and repeated it. JMO.

State agency seeking Waumbec successor MANCHESTER (API - New Ramp- shire s industrial development office already has begun the search for a new tenant to occupy the 500.000-square-foot factory being vacated by Waumbec Mills, a drapery and clothing manufacturer. After 43 years in Manchester. Waumbec has announced it is closing its plant and consolidating with its parent company, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., in New Bedford, Mass. Waumbec was acquired by the New Bedford company five years ago. The closing should be completed within two months, according to Waumbec personnel director David Godlewski. He said a few of the mill’s approximately 180 employees may be transferred to New Bedford.

Nashua Telegraph Aug 1980 pg 3 :moo:

The only thing about Waumbec now that bothers me is they don't know the exact date he worked there. Which makes me wonder do they even know if he did work there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ClosingCLIPPed.jpg
    ClosingCLIPPed.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 169
I wonder if they checked into New Bedford's mill to see if he transferred there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail