NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total weapons found thus far in his arsenal - 38. SMH.

They're just now searching his home in Reno, NV, so there may be more. Hoping those SWAT officers are ok, who knows what else he might have stashed away there.

If this guy is a multimillionaire can the victims families sue his estate for wrongful death?

Sherriff announced during the presser going on right now that he had 18 weapons and explosives, later he confirmed it's Tannerite in the home they searched today and they confiscated several electronic devices too. We'll be hearing a lot more in coming days. Why would anyone legally need Tannerite?

tannerite is a compound used by target shooters to add a little excitement by making the target explode also for long range targets it is a confirmation of hitting the target without schlepping back and forth to check. It comes as 2 separate inert chemicals that must be combined before it becomes an explosive. It is also not easy to detonate. It takes the heat generated by the speed and revolutions of the bullet to ignite it. It would take an unbelievably large amount to blow up a building. Fireworks are more dangerous if used correctly.

Yes, apparently he was planning to build and set off a bomb. Ammonium nitrate plus fuel oil = a big bomb.

Wonder what stopped him from doing it?

(Of course, I'm glad no bomb went off!)

If this guy is a multimillionaire can the victims families sue his estate for wrongful death?

All his money should go to the medical bills and pay for all the funerals. IMO

attachment.php

Attachments

• candle lit.jpg
    candle lit.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 255
The title of the forum should read 59 now per latest report

Yes his estate could be sued, and I am sure it will be. Whether there is actually money available or not will have to be seen. This was planned so its possible he transferred his money/property. I wouldnt be surprised if we see a suit filed in the next couple days. An estate can be opened by a victim in many states.

I would not have paid him any mind regardless of his race.

People carry multiple, heavy bags into Las Vegas hotel rooms for any number of reasons that don't involve the "sin city" billing or plans for mass murder. For example, Las Vegas hosts over 20,000 trade shows of various sizes per year: https://www.statista.com/statistics/221043/conventions-in-las-vegas/

So, my guess is that older men lugging heavy baggage into expensive hotel rooms is a common sight- and that such luggage usually contains display merchandise, product information, lap tops, break down booths etc.

Exactly. Nevermind you have no clue when you look at someone how long they are staying or for how many people they are carrying luggage.

I'm still in shock. Unbelievable. But it's our new reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evening news said he had been transferring cash to the Phillipines. that could make wrongful death suits hard to collect.

Another CNN update says he was still alive when SWAT officers broke into his room. He charged them and fought, managed to shoot one officer in the leg before being killed. He went out fighting.

At the end of the presser a few minutes ago the speaker stated he knew nothing about a fire alarm. Anyone else catch that? I couldn't hear the question he was asked, so just wondered why he replied with that statement. Ty.

MOD NOTE

If your post was removed, it violated TOS.

DO NOT repost it. You're creating more work for the moderators by doing so.

Time Outs will be issued to those who continue to repost previously removed posts.

Another CNN update says he was still alive when SWAT officers broke into his room. He charged them and fought, managed to shoot one officer in the leg before being killed. He went out fighting.

Ty! That might explain why a few minutes ago the final speaker at the presser stated he knew nothing about a fire alarm? Hmmm.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I am trying to get my brain around this. A gun hoarder shoots up a bunch of Country fans. Attended Life is Beautiful Festival also in Vegas according to the Sheriff's press conference 2 weeks earlier. Totally baffling. The ideology (which I am thinking we will learn). Mind blown. [/FONT]

Fox: Marilou is in Tokyo, will be questioned extensively when she gets back to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member