IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm totally confused. Does this mean they don't have DNA to compare to DN's?

I'm taking it as they are waiting DNA results. They stated the got his DNA last week. So they must be waiting for it to match or not. Any minute I think!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still pretty shocked to find our (possible) BG is so young! Upon seeing those first and second initial mugs I pulled up (before the CO mug was released) I immediately felt I was looking into the face of someone I somehow KNEW and knew well. This has really thrown me. Intent as I was on culling clues, I never expected to feel THIS way. Reading DN's facebook posts (while I realize many were fashioned to win back his wife), perusing personal photos, and finding that (to me at least) there seems less outright evil here and more a deep seated mental illness ... all has left me feeling a wish-someone-had-intervened-much-earlier sadness. Still waiting to hear from LE of course, but if THIS man is BG I hope his mental health will be addressed (to what extent it can be) and where a thirst for vengeance is concerned I'm not really feeling it, at all.

I'm feeling the same way for the same reasons in addition to the fact that he looks like someone I know personally. Guilty of A and L's murder or not, I think he needs to be confined away from the public, and I thought from the get-go the hatchet threatening indicated a mental break.

Why did they release this now? Why didn't they just wait until they had definitive information? Although they do say "include or exclude" something about this statement makes me feel like this isn't our guy. If they had ulterior motives for releasing this, I don't think it was helpful.

"[FONT=&amp]The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides."
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
BBM

I think they are buying themselves more time in order to lock this case up nice and tight. (That is what I'm hoping, at least.)

[/FONT]

JMO

And the next sentence in the ISP statement you quoted implies they are still looking at him:
Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado.

(I'm hoping too!)

Why did they release this now? Why didn't they just wait until they had definitive information? Although they do say "include or exclude" something about this statement makes me feel like this isn't our guy. If they had ulterior motives for releasing this, I don't think it was helpful.

While I remain hopeful (due to ISP's reveal that they haven't outright excluded Nations as a potential suspect), I totally agree with your concerns. My only guess is that the pressure from media/public must be so overwhelming for ISP that they felt that they had no choice in the matter. The statement is littered with editorial errors which I interpret as a rush job on their part. Wonder if the FBI had any say in the decision to release the statement and/or wording of the statement.

So as of today's date they have not been able to rule in him or rule him out.

The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides. Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado

JMO

And the next sentence in the ISP statement you quoted implies they are still looking at him:
Both state police detectives returned to Indiana late afternoon of October 2nd and will continue to review information gathered over the course of their visit to El Paso County, Colorado.

(I'm hoping too!)

So they have been in CO for many days and only returned late yesterday.

I think either the ISP or the FBI did obtain his DNA while there but may have done so just yesterday so they will have to wait for the lab results before including him or excluding him. imo

I don't think they have any ulterior motives (what ulterior motives would they have?) :confused: I think they have had the press from national to local breathing down their necks so they decided this was appropriate at this time. Once they get an affirmative exclusion or inclusion I think they will hold a PC rather than a printed press release.

I think they are waiting for his DNA profile to be done to see if it is a match with the DNA they said they found at the scene. So many state labs and even the FBI is so backlogged and far behind. The lab may not think it is necessary at this time to fast track the results since they know DN is in jail and going no where anytime soon.

It is obvious they dont have the test results back yet for if they did they would either say he is a match or excluded.

IMO

So they have been in CO for many days and only returned late yesterday.

I think either the ISP or the FBI did obtain his DNA while there but may have done so just yesterday so they will have to wait for the lab results before including him or excluding him. imo

That sounds reasonable. You can't just grab a sample and take it to the lab yourself. There are protocols, chains of custody, blank testing, retesting, certification, etc. There is a good reason lab tests take long. It had got to be accurate, regardless of how long it takes. About the only thing they can do to speed it up is to put it in front of the line at the crime lab.

So, I must have missed it here.. .but did someone confirm that he did not have access to a car in February of this year?

Things that MATCH:
1) Reddish brown hair.
2) Similar nose
3) Similar large bridge of nose
4) Indiana plates
5) Lived within reasonable distance to Delphi
6) History of RSO
7) Wandering around on trails with weapon

Things that Don't Match:
1) Apparent age in sketch vs DN
2) Chasing after people vs stalking.

"[FONT=&amp]The Indiana State Police can share, that thus far, there has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides."
[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
BBM

I think they are buying themselves more time in order to lock this case up nice and tight. (That is what I'm hoping, at least.)

[/FONT]
I agree. Looks like they are open to receiving more tips too. E.g. the persons rumoured to have been pestered by someone on the trail asking for dollars should get those type of tips called in IMO.

This baffles me. What do you think the point of this statement is? The ISP could have just as simply stated that they don't currently have an update on DN. That would lead us all to believe they are still investigating, waiting on lab testing, etc.

It seems there must be some reason they explicitly stated they could neither include or exclude DN as a POI. What are they trying to accomplish by releasing this lengthy statement, that in the end we really learn nothing from?

So, I must have missed it here.. .but did someone confirm that he did not have access to a car in February of this year?
He was split from his wife so we don't know who had the car or if he had access to a car then or even if she did. He was reportedly sleeping in someones car under a bridge in Morgan county and sometimes had access to a car and sometimes had car problems is what I have read. If there is confirmation, one way or the other I haven't seen it. MOO.

They can't win. People (generically, not just us) complain that LE isn't saying anything, and then when LE releases an honest statement about the state of the investigation, we criticize them for that.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

That sounds reasonable. You can't just grab a sample and take it to the lab yourself. There are protocols, chains of custody, blank testing, retesting, certification, etc. There is a good reason lab tests take long. It had got to be accurate, regardless of how long it takes. About the only thing they can do to speed it up is to put it in front of the line at the crime lab.

Exactly. They spent a tremendous amount of time out in CO on this one POI. I don't think they would do so if they didn't think he had a connection to the girls' murder case.

I am sure they also have video of him talking and that too will have to be sent to experts (most likely the FBI) to verify if he matches the voice of the BG. Voice analysis will be very important in this case.

ITA! Everything must be done correctly including everything you have listed. LE knows everything must be done exactly right for it to stand up in court if he is charged and brought to trial.

I think they are taking their time and being very careful about everything to do with this case including lab results that may connect him. They want this done right and that is the way it should be.

Some seem to think that all DNA lab results come back quickly but often it is the opposite. Very rarely does it come back quickly and when it does that is usually in cases where the murderers are still walking free. Here DN is in jail. They know where he is, and they also know he is not going to go free anytime soon.

It gives the investigators more time to not rush things through, rather than later on be accused by a defense attorney that proper protocols weren't followed.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the lab has not returned the results on DN to see if he is a match to the DNA found at the scene. If that had already been done then they would be able to exclude or include him.

I feel very hopeful they are on the right track.

I am still pretty shocked to find our (possible) BG is so young! Upon seeing those first and second initial mugs I pulled up (before the CO mug was released) I immediately felt I was looking into the face of someone I somehow KNEW and knew well. This has really thrown me. Intent as I was on culling clues, I never expected to feel THIS way. Reading DN's facebook posts (while I realize many were fashioned to win back his wife), perusing personal photos, and finding that (to me at least) there seems less outright evil here and more a deep seated mental illness ... all has left me feeling a wish-someone-had-intervened-much-earlier sadness. Still waiting to hear from LE of course, but if THIS man is BG I hope his mental health will be addressed (to what extent it can be) and where a thirst for vengeance is concerned I'm not really feeling it, at all.

I agree. I wonder if DN's family can confirm that he owns clothing that BG was wearing. What are their thoughts on the pictures and voice recordings?? I really think when news broke of possible connections between DN and the Delphi case....I really thought things would move along faster. My understanding was that they have DNA evidence from the scene in Indiana.

I don't know...I don't like the waiting game...or the play on words. "Neither exclude or include"....implies that they really shouldn't be making a comment at all. We all know he either did it or he did not do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher