Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I preface this with THIS IS MY OPINION... NO, I do not feel it was her. Even her reply to her son was not like her. There were a few things that stood out to me in the texts that didn't seem normal. I'm guessing JMO is Just my opinion... SO JMO.

Thank you fleurde for this information. This is what I have thought from the very beginning.

Your words sound very genuine. I am so sorry you are going through all this!

The questions are not meant to put you on the defensive. We are hoping to get our information straight, to try to offer ways to find Taylor.

We know your answers will differ from AbuDrake's. Both of you have your own perspectives from unique vantage points.

We realize too we are all outside the situation. Easy for us type the questions from behind a computer screen.

We're not emotionally involved. Our thoughts are not clouded with the severe anxiety you are living with 24/7.

But our hearts are in the right place, fleurde. We want to help.

Please hang in there with us.

I want to emphasize too the importance of taking care of yourself during this time. Normal routines have likely gone out the window, but please do what you can to get through this whole and healthy.

Prayers that Taylor will return safely...

She was awarded the money in "her column" in the marriage dissolution. Any taxes to be paid, my guess is that would have to be done for the 2017 tax year, which is filed in 2018.

I am totally confused! If she was awarded this money in her column, why is she having to pay money to her ex?

To add this in her column, it would be from her portion of something they owned together in the marriage - like the house, retirement account, etc.

It sounds like she had already received her payout. The normal way money is distributed would be if she owed ex money, it would be taken out before she was given her payout from ex. Thus, both parties receive their portion, it is settled!

Therefore, I am thinking TW had money acquired from another source, no idea what, Did she have the money in an account while they were married where it drew interest which they claimed on taxes? Was this in her name only?

From experience, she put it in a safety deposit box that was not in her name. The lawyers could not find it and make her share it with the ex. When asked where the money was, she should have said, I spent it. My ex did this! He was not asked for receipts proving what he spent it on either. He did this before we went to court so the judge didn't do anything about it. I had the passbook proving how much money he took as it was in both names.

The sad thing is with her training, she knows better than most of us how to disappear iwith no traces.

Please come home Taylor. You have a beautiful son who needs you.

She was not afraid of losing her license. She wasn't going to be held in contempt, worse case it would have been a slap on the wrist.

My understanding, and it may be different in FL, is that this can cause the spouse that lied about their income to have to pay court costs and attorney fees for the other party and can often result in contempt charges.

AbuDrake said that she had the previous hearing continued by submitting a letter she was going to help family that was in Irma's path and her dad submitted an affidavit saying that he hadn't even spoken to her recently IIRC. You can see in the summary that the hearing was continued and an affadavit was submitted shortly after. Do you know why she wanted it to be continued? Would she not have been in trouble for misreporting income and then allegedly lying about the reason she needed the date pushed back? That, to me, seems like it would make a judge very unfavorable towards her.

I also don't understand why she had the 100k in cash if it was from the divorce. Why not in a bank account? That is very unusual.

I'm sure you can't answer all this and it's largely rhetorical but I just can't make sense of some of TW's actions and your statements that she was just little anxious and thought this hearing would just result in a slap on the wrist. I don't get why she was pushing the date back for an allegedly fabricated reason and keeping a huge amount of cash in someone else's safe deposit box right before this court date.

The text thing is very suspicious though. If the syntax, spelling, and/or grammar was off from her usual texts that does raise some red flags. Do you know how extensively LE has talked to this friend with the safe deposit box? Do you know if TW had known this person for a long time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also meant to add that you're usually required to attach the previous years tax return to the forms disclosing your income(at least my husband had to in TN) which begs the question- had she not reported that income to the IRS as well? That would bring a whole other host of fines and money to be paid out for the back taxes. I would think this coming out in court would alert the IRS to the discrepancy and I'd think this would cause extra concern for her if that was, in fact, the case. I could be totally wrong about this as it's just my opinion and a thought I had when remembering what my husband went through when he went back to court with his ex.

I am confused over the court dates. Did TW miss a court date by not showing up? If so, what was that date? I know that the latest court date was continued, so that wouldn't count as a "no show."

The continuance was moved to the 12th, then the ex had it moved to the 22nd of Sept.... She was a no show to the 22nd showing. She has until October 22nd for the next compliance deadline, this is per what the ex husband told me.

My understanding, and it may be different in FL, is that this can cause the spouse that lied about their income to have to pay court costs and attorney fees for the other party and can often result in contempt charges.

AbuDrake said that she had the previous hearing continued by submitting a letter she was going to help family that was in Irma's path and her dad submitted an affidavit saying that he hadn't even spoken to her recently IIRC. You can see in the summary that the hearing was continued and an affadavit was submitted shortly after. Do you know why she wanted it to be continued? Would she not have been in trouble for misreporting income and then allegedly lying about the reason she needed the date pushed back? That, to me, seems like it would make a judge very unfavorable towards her.

I also don't understand why she had the 100k in cash if it was from the divorce. Why not in a bank account? That is very unusual.

I'm sure you can't answer all this and it's largely rhetorical but I just can't make sense of some of TW's actions and your statements that she was just little anxious and thought this hearing would just result in a slap on the wrist. I don't get why she was pushing the date back for an allegedly fabricated reason and keeping a huge amount of cash in someone else's safe deposit box right before this court date.

The text thing is very suspicious though. If the syntax, spelling, and/or grammar was off from her usual texts that does raise some red flags. Do you know how extensively LE has talked to this friend with the safe deposit box? Do you know if TW had known this person for a long time?

I do not know why she wanted it continued. I actually didn't even know her reason for the continuance until after she left and that info was found. I agree, I would just have my money in my bank account, for whatever reason TW felt different.
I can't speak on LE and friend conversation; mainly because I honestly don't know anything about what the LE has truly done. Tight lipped. I think they knew each other less than a year, again which yes seems odd to me to have someone hold that much money.

I do not know why she wanted it continued. I actually didn't even know her reason for the continuance until after she left and that info was found. I agree, I would just have my money in my bank account, for whatever reason TW felt different.
I can't speak on LE and friend conversation; mainly because I honestly don't know anything about what the LE has truly done. Tight lipped. I think they knew each other less than a year, again which yes seems odd to me to have someone hold that much money.

Thanks for all you're sharing with us, fleurde! I can tell you truly love Taylor and I feel she truly loves you as well. By all accounts, she was the happiest she had been in a long time leading up to her disappearance.

Do you think she may have glossed over some things regarding the court stuff so you wouldn't think badly of her? I'm sure you wouldn't have but she may be the type that has a major fear of abandonment(especially after a divorce) and she may have just been afraid to disappoint someone she cares so much about. I know I have struggled to open up to people I care deeply about in that way myself. Some people just struggle with that kind of vulnerability. She seems to project a very tough persona which I've found can often be a mask for a very sensitive person. In my case, I've mastered the "resting b* face" and people always think I'm cool as a cucumber when I'm absolutely not!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe she was much more anxious/worried than you were aware and in fear of disappointing you in some way, she was going to take a few days to strategize for damage control of some sort. And maybe it was a totally last minute, impulsive thing she did to try to figure out how to come out of the court issues as unscathed as possible.

That's not to say foul play isn't involved in some way either, but it's just a possible theory on why she left so suddenly and didn't make you aware of everything.

I still feel weird about the safe deposit box friend too, but it's hard to theorize further than that without more info. I just hope LE is considering the possibility of foul play and making sure everyone's story checks out.

I hope you don't take offense to anything I've theorized here about TW. I'm just trying to be objective and think things through and imagine what her thought process might've been with the money, etc.

Wherever Taylor may be, I hope she knows how lucky she is to have someone so devoted in her corner. You have been a wonderful advocate for her.

AbuDrake, if you come around, can you tell me if the custody orders in your case are final or temporary?

Thanks for all you're sharing with us, fleurde! I can tell you truly love Taylor and I feel she truly loves you as well. By all accounts, she was the happiest she had been in a long time leading up to her disappearance.

Do you think she may have glossed over some things regarding the court stuff so you wouldn't think badly of her? I'm sure you wouldn't have but she may be the type that has a major fear of abandonment(especially after a divorce) and she may have just been afraid to disappoint someone she cares so much about. I know I have struggled to open up to people I care deeply about in that way myself. Some people just struggle with that kind of vulnerability. She seems to project a very tough persona which I've found can often be a mask for a very sensitive person. In my case, I've mastered the "resting b* face" and people always think I'm cool as a cucumber when I'm absolutely not!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe she was much more anxious/worried than you were aware and in fear of disappointing you in some way, she was going to take a few days to strategize for damage control of some sort. And maybe it was a totally last minute, impulsive thing she did to try to figure out how to come out of the court issues as unscathed as possible.

That's not to say foul play isn't involved in some way either, but it's just a possible theory on why she left so suddenly and didn't make you aware of everything.

I still feel weird about the safe deposit box friend too, but it's hard to theorize further than that without more info. I just hope LE is considering the possibility of foul play and making sure everyone's story checks out.

I hope you don't take offense to anything I've theorized here about TW. I'm just trying to be objective and think things through and imagine what her thought process might've been with the money, etc.

Wherever Taylor may be, I hope she knows how lucky she is to have someone so devoted in her corner. You have been a wonderful advocate for her.

Thank you. I can see your theory here as a possibility. I actually was pretty up to speed on a lot of things with the divorce through TW that were actually pretty accurate. Of course I'm sure I don't know everything though. I think you hit the nail on the head about her being afraid of someone loving her and not abandoning her. She wrote a letter to me about 3, maybe 4 weeks before she went missing that said how she felt that she compromised her values and who she was all too often since the divorce because she just wanted to be accepted and loved. She noted that she was beginning to feel comfortable with who she was thanks to me and I can see that as she was growing to be a better person as time went on.
She was nervous about the court stuff, but again... I just don't see her dipping out like this. She has so much love for her son, for her "adopted" mother, for me, she loved her job, was excited about the home I was building, and so much more. Someone with way more good than bad going for them just doesn't vanish like this.
I also have taken no offense. It is up to you all to think of all possible theories AND things that can be done to try and help find her.

Thank you. I can see your theory here as a possibility. I actually was pretty up to speed on a lot of things with the divorce through TW that were actually pretty accurate. Of course I'm sure I don't know everything though. I think you hit the nail on the head about her being afraid of someone loving her and not abandoning her. She wrote a letter to me about 3, maybe 4 weeks before she went missing that said how she felt that she compromised her values and who she was all too often since the divorce because she just wanted to be accepted and loved. She noted that she was beginning to feel comfortable with who she was thanks to me and I can see that as she was growing to be a better person as time went on.
She was nervous about the court stuff, but again... I just don't see her dipping out like this. She has so much love for her son, for her "adopted" mother, for me, she loved her job, was excited about the home I was building, and so much more. Someone with way more good than bad going for them just doesn't vanish like this.
I also have taken no offense. It is up to you all to think of all possible theories AND things that can be done to try and help find her.

I have no doubt she loves all of you and was excited for the future. I think the length of time she has been gone is what makes me(and probably others that think it's likely she may have initially left on her own) question the voluntarily missing theory.

Have you expressed these feelings to law enforcement? I would make sure they hear and understand you clearly on this. Be a pest about it if you have to. And ask them why they have don't believe this is related to foul play. They probably won't give you an answer but if you stay on them, they might. I'd have TW's adopted mom do the same if she's willing. I'd hope since TW is a former LEO they would be on top of things, but you never know.

Anyone else feeling frustrated about this case? I almost wrote some sharply worded posts yesterday, but stopped myself. I stepped away for a day to try to come back and see it fresh again. But it still stinks. In fact, the stink is getting worse by the day, IMO. The more those who know Taylor loudly proclaim the reasons they think Taylor is missing on her own, the more I find it unlikely to be the case. JMO. It seems like no one who knows Taylor is willing to speak to the press, start a facebook page or even submit her name to the national missing persons databases. It feels like those claiming to want Taylor found really don't want her found at all or at best, are indifferent. It's very frustrating to continue to make suggestions for finding her and have those suggestions ignored. :sigh:

It is frustrating and very sad.

Gardener, you've been spying on my brain! Exactly the way I've been feeling and thinking -- especially the part where NOBODY seems to think she could possibly have met with foul play! Something is very, very off with that -- in my opinion! There are just too many red flags that scream: she did not run away!

I have had to muzzle myself and sit on my hands.
I feel the same way.

There is nothing but foul play, in my opinion, that would explain TW's disappearance. I really do think that LE has a suspect, but I have nothing concrete on which to base my opinion. With all of the information and resources LE has access to, I am confident that they have all the more reason to see her disappearance as suspicious. Mounting evidence leads to probable cause. (IMO)

There is nothing but foul play, in my opinion, that would explain TW's disappearance. I really do think that LE has a suspect, but I have nothing concrete on which to base my opinion. If so many of us see her disappearance as suspicious, they have to as well.

Wouldn't they have searched her car if that was the case? And performed searches near her last known location?

I think we'd know if there was a suspect, but this could be a case where they are trying to make the suspect think that they think she left voluntarily. It just seems to me there would be more media coverage if they really believed foul play was involved.

I'm not sure why you think foul play is the only thing to explain her disappearance. She clearly had a motive to disappear and had asked for a continuance on the hearing with her ex for a fabricated reason and her dad ended up signing an affidavit that he hadnt even spoken to her(aka the reason was a lie). So she was probably aware she may be in trouble and the judge wasn't going to be thrilled about that.

However, no one is saying foul play isn't possible. It absolutely is, but we have no significant evidence of that at this point. That's the issue here - we have no real evidence either way. That doesn't mean LE doesn't have some but they have not shared that info if they do. I do not believe they would ever state they'd "ruled out foul play" lightly though.

I still agree the friend who was keeping the money sounds strange and I concur that the money could've made her a target. I don't think TW would be easy to victimize with violence, however, so that muddles things even more.

I just don't see how anything can be ruled out with what we know at the moment.

I have no doubt she loves all of you and was excited for the future. I think the length of time she has been gone is what makes me(and probably others that think it's likely she may have initially left on her own) question the voluntarily missing theory.

Have you expressed these feelings to law enforcement? I would make sure they hear and understand you clearly on this. Be a pest about it if you have to. And ask them why they have don't believe this is related to foul play. They probably won't give you an answer but if you stay on them, they might. I'd have TW's adopted mom do the same if she's willing. I'd hope since TW is a former LEO they would be on top of things, but you never know.

Thank you again... I have been saying this since I reported her missing on the 10th of September initially. It didn't take me long to realize this was not normal TW behavior.

It is frustrating and very sad.

The suggestions are not going ignored. You may feel this way, but I promise you they are not. I want to find TW more than words can truly describe. I don't expect you to believe me, but I know where my heart is in this. (responding to ohiobuckeyegirl)

There is nothing but foul play, in my opinion, that would explain TW's disappearance. I really do think that LE has a suspect, but I have nothing concrete on which to base my opinion. If so many of us see her disappearance as suspicious, they have to as well.

I can't stop thinking about all the things that LE likely knows that we DON'T know:

1. Did LE find the Uber driver who allegedly picked Taylor up from the friend's place? And, if the Uber exists, did they find out where she was dropped off?

2. Did LE find video evidence of Taylor going to the bank with the friend?

3. Did LE search the farm/stables where Taylor allegedly went horseback riding? Did anyone else see her riding besides the bank friend?

4. Did LE give lie detector tests to any of TW's friends, family or associates?

5. Did LE collect Taylor's laptops or other personal items?

6. Did LE search the car they took away "for safe keeping"?

7. Can LE determine where Taylor's phone was located when it sent texts saying she "needed to get away"? Did they ping it and track the locations?

Even NOT knowing the answers to the above, her disappearance seems suspicious, IMO.

I'm going to try this again, I'm new at posting here.
I'm thinking maybe Taylor had money out away because she was going to need it for a lawyer to get custody of her son. She may also have asked for a continuance to stall so that her lawyer could start the custody case.

I also feel that some of the court records are correct there is no guarantee they all are, people say and do things all the time that aren't true especially in divorce cases. As for settlements and even custody things don't always work out as they should. And it isn't always fair or in the best interest of the child.

This may be nothing in comparison to a missing person. The missing tapestry from her parents house bugs me. It didn't walk out the door by itself!

Has this been located? I think something happened or started going wrong the night she had friends over.

Has LE and the PI interviewed and verified her friends alibis for the preceding day and the day she disappeared? I understand that you more than likely don't know the answers to these questions. They are thoughts that linger in my mind.

Also, am I remembering correctly that when LE found her car, they called her father and he came, then drove it home? This bothers me that the car wasn't taken by LE to do fingerprinting on. At that time, LE thought it was a voluntary missing person.

I think you meant to post this in Jenna Van Gelderen's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...enna-Van-Gelderen-25-Atlanta-18-August-2017-3

If LE thought she was a crime victim, surely they would be asking for help to locate her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288