Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
EC was drinking that night. According to many WSers, she was off the booze as she was an alcoholic. So the neighbour going back could have been to make sure she was safely in bed. She may have been upbeat, and safe in bed. But I've read many stories in this thread from people with experience with suicide who have said it can be really spontaneous. If she was in fact drunk, passed out, woke a few hours later, and suddenly got that horrible feeling of regret, then it is possible she did something drastic. She may have felt guilty for drinking, wondered how she could face her family hung over, been appalled with herself for allowing herself to have so many. Your brain just doesn't work as it should when it's affected by alcohol. She may just have thought, I can't beat this, I'm out.

I know Trooper, why take a turned off phone for a run? Even if she wanted to take the phone to look at pics of her kids before she jumped etc the PHONE wasn't turned back on!!
I don't use my phone much for the internet but when I do I log out of anything I may have used, delete history, delete cache and cookies and I don't have my email or any other personal stuff stored in it...

However, I notice most people keep a lot of information on their phones including log in details or they simply never log out of email or Facebook and so on, many having little or no idea how to lock down internet privacy. Maybe (if that is what happened that she did commit suicide) she didn't want her personal log in details or other information found....

My closest friend died from cancer about 8 years ago and not long before she died she asked me to bring in her Diary to her hospital bed (she was big on writing all about her life in a diary and I was the only person who knew where she kept it)...

She ripped out many pages, mainly very personal stuff and I then ripped them into tiny pieces and disposed of them... My friend told me that there was stuff written in there her family didn't know about (I knew it though) and that better for them to remember her as they knew her rather than have them pass judgement or get dismayed about some of the more secretive things she wrote in her diary...

After she died her daughter did make mention to me how she would have thought her mum had written a lot more than what she had found in her diary and I said nothing...

Quite a rant happening of late...seething with rage that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooo. I hadn't read todays. I have now. I think the name Glen suits him... :laughing:

Your comment did not stick in my craw. As you say, we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Claw, not craw. :laughing:

Reminds me of a Get Smart episode!

hands up who has ever had a problem with neighbours.....:wave:

I think this - or depression - makes sense. The neighbour who came back seemed to be saying that Elisa was in bed when she left. That's unusual. If you have someone over, you don't go to bed until they have left - unless something's very wrong.

I think this - or depression - makes sense. The neighbour who came back seemed to be saying that Elisa was in bed when she left. That's unusual. If you have someone over, you don't go to bed until they have left - unless something's very wrong.

Totally agree. You nailed it.

And if the neighbour was guilty, why would they even mention such a point? Very incriminating. I think she must have thought it was very useful information to give.

I'm so sorry about your friend Blue Bottle...yes it's very possible that she didnt want anyone scouring thru her phone. Her lack of digital footprint gives the impression she was a private person but then her letter writing suggests otherwise...

It's such a personal thing I think. When my grandmother killed herself she left all her diaries and wrote a long suicide note (over 2 pages) She was also bipolar and an avid letter writer her whole life (not to newspapers but to family and friends)

I'm so sorry about your friend Blue Bottle...yes it's very possible that she didnt want anyone scouring thru her phone. Her lack of digital footprint gives the impression she was a private person but then her letter writing suggests otherwise...

It's such a personal thing I think. When my grandmother killed herself she left all her diaries and wrote a long suicide note (over 2 pages) She was also bipolar and an avid letter writer her whole life (not to newspapers but to family and friends)

That's awful. Sorry to hear that. So many people touched by suicide on here.

My money is still on the neighbours who last saw her. For the neighbour to have then said "oh yeah I came back on my own over a personal issue" is too much of a coincidence coupled with the time that the phone then went dead. Was the lady worried that someone may have seen her go back to the house so she concocted the story? Did she go back to the house to 'clean up'? I smell a rat.

Yes ... the Neighbour said she was fine, so why go check on her .... maybe she slipped her something in a drink and then went over to wait till she passed out ...easier to smother someone when unconscious ... but where's the body .... JMO or a far fetched theory

I'm positive I read in MSM that Elisa CALLED the neighbour back to discuss the personal matter. Can anyone confirm?

True ... but then you don't say she was upbeat ... you say I was concerned for her welfare ... and Insp. S should of said the Neighbour was concerned for EC's welfare .... there has been so many mixed messages in the reporting

I change my mind every 2 minutes at the moment I am thinking accidental self harm on a walk or something quite sinister. I am with Trooper on the phone activity. I know next to nothing about phones. But my mind finds someone harming themselves in a planned way in too dark of a place to worry about everything needed to be rid of the phone. Like I said though that's the thought for this moment

I'm positive I read in MSM that Elisa CALLED the neighbour back to discuss the personal matter. Can anyone confirm?

Yes correct it does say "called back". If this is literally true (as we know media do get things wrong), then where is the call log for this call? Or does she mean called out loud - they were out the door and she called out "come back I want to chat"?

It doesn't sit well for me either way, something is off. Too much coincidence for when the phone was switched off for me.
My guess is that they didn't know that by turning the phone off when they did would result in the police knowing when a phone is switched off.

And if the neighbour was guilty, why would they even mention such a point? Very incriminating. I think she must have thought it was very useful information to give.

Maybe she thought someone might have seen her .... but it seems silly because she wouldn't be able to get rid of a body on her own she'd need help

Maybe she thought someone might have seen her .... but it seems silly because she wouldn't be able to get rid of a body on her own she'd need help

It's possible the couple took her out of the house together (drugged her?) and then the wife came back later to clean up.

I agree, it's possible she was worried someone might have seen her and made this bit up. We know the cops have said the wife has made a formal statement. Did the cops drill her and she thinks they might know she went back so she changes her story so she can say "oh yeah I went back"

Maybe the neighbour who went back took the phone, so that Elisa had not way of getting help - I am writing this from a foul play perspective. MOO

It's possible the couple took her out of the house together (drugged her?) and then the wife came back later to clean up.

I agree, it's possible she was worried someone might have seen her and made this bit up. We know the cops have said the wife has made a formal statement. Did the cops drill her and she thinks they might know she went back so she changes her story so she can say "oh yeah I went back"

We need a motive if we are going to go down this route. Why would the neighbours want her dead? It would have to be something very terrible ...

Just a few notes in regard to running. I think the point made about the door key is an excellent one. Was her 'running one' missing too?
I've tried to find EC and shortened LC on Strava (the great running/riding app) but no record. She'd have been doing some distance each week if running 3.45 marathons. Anyone on 'track my run' who can have a search?
I get that she didn't take her Fitbit in the week up to run, (not wanting to record 'bad' times), but might have repeated run profiles on a site, like 'track my Run' (all usually pretty accessible).
As for kids, at least 0-11year olds seem to bound out of bed regardless of it being a Sunday. However that Sunday was daylight saving coming on, so it would have been like 5am leaving time??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members