Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think it may have been milk not drunk at dinner time and the punishment was ongoing with out next to the tree as the final bit.

I have 5 kids, 2-17 and we tried timeouts for a while with the older kids. It never helped anything. I recently had a FB friend concerned about abuse of a child because of torturous timeout conditions of a friend's child. Apparently it was prescribed by a psychologist. IMO it's absolutely abusive but is also considered tolerable "medical treatment" for unruly children as young as 2.
-Child goes to time out for certain number of minutes
-Child talks or gets up once, time starts over
-Child gets up again, parent uses "Vulcan death grip" on pressure point to get child to sit back down, time restarts
-Child may need to be spanked to go back to timeout
-Continue until child sits quietly for X minutes, *specified* even if it takes 6-10 hours of steps 1-4 to get the child to comply

If this is a (relatively) mainstream and accepted technique for a parent to force a child to behave in our society, I weep for those children as well as those from familial cultures which suggest even harsher punishment for children's honesty inconsequential infractions.

IIRC most of the religions that people from India subscribe to place a massive taboo on killing anything, especially a human. This makes me wonder that if he didn't flat out kill this poor baby, that he left her for dead somewhere in hopes that she'd pass of circumstances that weren't (in his mind) 100% his fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A church member said mom was depressed and sad. If my baby was missing, I would be worried, afraid, angry, hysterical...I don’t think depressed or sad would be on my list.

Depressed and sad sounds like all hope is lost. A mom whose child is truly missing will do anything to find them and that means beating the streets with the press begging someone to show her photo and get out and look for her. I can imagine depression and sadness 6 mos later if your child is not found, but not the next day.

What is this about Mom walking fast with a sash? I think I read this somewhere in here but I can't find it in msm? :doh:

I read that here as well but didn't know where that came from and Google searching wasn't much help. Turns out it was in the link of a FB live video from reporter Maria Guerrero posted here just before the sash was mentioned in a post. However, in the report, it does not specify that it was the mother OR that anything was being carried in the sash. Neighbors surveillance videos were being discussed by Guerrero just before this but it does not specify if this is what the neighbor saw himself at 7:27 or what he saw after the fact when reviewing personal surveillance footage. It also doesn't specify which street.

16:30 mark on this video:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1034982916644492&id=431255513683905&_rdr

"We spoke with one neighbor, uh one resident in this subdivision who said at 7:27, he saw who he describes as an Indian woman with like a sash around her chest walking in the street very quickly at 7:27"

(JMO) Could be a different woman entirely, could be the mother looking for her child, or could be the mother up to no good. I'd be interested to know if the sash was a baby wrap or baby sling of somesort or perhaps a piece of traditional clothing?

I'm heart broke for this beautiful baby. Normally when people lie its easier to include some truths so its easy to remember. IMO he did put her out in the alley or ''punished'' her in another way over not drinking her milk but it wasn't at 3am. Or some punishment happened at 3am but it wasn't about not drinking milk. I think part is true but don't know which part. I think he is hoping to convince people that coyote s took her or strangers, within 15 mins. Evil dispicable people. I do hope she is found and I'm proven wrong though.

Have they searched the area leading to or in the church? If they were active Church goers, maybe (speculating, crossing fingers) maybe she walked toward there as a familiar area to get to safety.

After some thinking I believe the fathers story is completely false.
No way do you put your child outside, even moreso outside your property line as punishment in the middle of the night. Nope! No way! What if she screams, what if she cries? The neighbors will here and you'll be all over NextDoor and most likely have a nice wake up call from CPS.
The fact he offered this story up is telling. The girl is not going to be found alive. He knows this.
Punishment most likely taken too far and happened inside the home.
The chance of this being an accident is very unlikely, in my opinion, given that the story given still highlights neglect and guilt.
Only way I can see that one or both parents did not do this is if the other child or another relative in the home did and they are covering.
All this my opinion of course.

David Goins‏Verified account @dgoins

NEW: CPS confirms oldest child in Richardson home where Sherin Mathews was last seen is now in state custody. #AmberAlert @wfaachannel8 1/2

David Goins‏Verified account @dgoins

NEW: CPS confirms oldest child in Richardson home where Sherin Mathews was last seen is now in state custody. #AmberAlert @wfaachannel8 1/2

Of course she is. With Dad out on bond they can't take any chances of her not drinking her milk.

After some thinking I believe the fathers story is completely false.
No way do you put your child outside, even moreso outside your property line as punishment in the middle of the night. Nope! No way! What if she screams, what if she cries? The neighbors will here and you'll be all over NextDoor and most likely have a nice wake up call from CPS.
The fact he offered this story up is telling. The girl is not going to be found alive. He knows this.
Punishment most likely taken too far and happened inside the home.
The chance of this being an accident is very unlikely, in my opinion, given that the story given still highlights neglect and guilt.
Only way I can see that one or both parents did not do this is if the other child or another relative in the home did and they are covering.
All this my opinion of course.

I couldn't agree more.

Question: The interview with the church's pastor and several -what looked like- congregants... the folks looked to be of Indian descent too, like The Mathews. Which makes me wonder if their neighborhood, if their neighbors were also a pocket of East Indians, in which the witness seeing the Indian woman with the kid in her sash may not be relevant. Besides, how far can a woman walk to hide a body, it would have been found by now if that particular tip were credible or relevant.

This is not sounding good at all MOO:

MaryAnn Martinez‏ @maryanncbs11 15m15 minutes ago

#BREAKING: CPS had contact w Sherin Mathews' family before her disappearance. 4-year-old sister in foster care. @CBSDFW @HaggertyCBS11 #dfw

I think its sadly true that she won't be found alive and that's why he wants every one to believe she was took by strangers or coyotes. It says something if admitting to leaving you 3yr old in an alley for not drinking milk, is better or not as bad as the truth. I'm dreading learning the truth.

Sherins 4 year old sister is old enough to give information to LE.

What if sister told officers / psychologist: Daddy got mad when Sherin didn’t drink her milk.

Dad would need to include the milk issue in his account of what happened. moo

Either way, I believe she is/was within a 7 minute walk or drive from the home. jmo

From the link

At 3am, this is what she was wearing? Why was this baby not in her pajamas at 3am? I know others have mentioned the same thing but it's just really, really bugging me.

and why was he forcing her to drink milk in the wee hours of the morning? Assuming the punishment directly followed the milk incident?

Poor lil punkin. Must have been so frightened.

Prayed for better news on this child this morning. Must still be asleep because the nightmare is ongoing.

Could another neighbor have her hidden? Disturbed type woman.

Wonder if LE will bring a child psychologist in to talk with the sister? At four years old, she can answer many questions as to what went on in that house and tell facts about Sherin.

No, she probably has nothing to report on Sherin's missing. I think it happened while the sister was sleeping.

Four year olds love to talk and will be a good "inside" informant.

Poor little baby :( hoping she's still alive but...it doesn't look likely! Please let me be proven wrong!!

and why was he forcing her to drink milk in the wee hours of the morning? Assuming the punishment directly followed the milk incident?

Poor lil punkin. Must have been so frightened.

IMO if the "didn't drink her milk" is actually a factor in this, it was an ongoing punishment from dinner or bedtime.

Could another neighbor have her hidden? Disturbed type woman.

As in the neighbor saw a baby girl abandoned outside at 3am and took her into their home to care for her? No. You would have to believe his insane story of his punishment of a fully dressed baby girl and add to it the unbelievable coincidence that there is a crazy neighbor lady who was awake and took her. It doesn't happen like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44