GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can link news media posts

I know we can’t post links or give details but after hearing from those who searched and who were there when she was found, I have a strong suspicion this was intentional and there may be items that link one or both of the parents to the crime. There has been a lot of comments left on the news media posts. It makes me sick.

have you sent it to the cops?
I have not, but it has been shared multiple times by a relative in public comment sections on FB. That's where I got it, and I feel confident LE is well aware.

I could be wrong but if she’d fallen and that was COD I believe it would be “blunt trauma” but in this case, it’s blunt “force” trauma which would indicate she was physically attacked... just my thinking.

I'd never thought about it before but blunt force trauma is one of the more common causes of death. I got curious.

Deaths resulting from blunt force trauma are some of the most common cases encountered by the practicing forensic pathologist. Whereas other forms of traumatic death (eg, gunshot wounds, sharp force injuries) occur under a relatively limited number of circumstances, deaths resulting from blunt force trauma occur in a variety of scenarios.

For instance, almost all transportation fatalities — including those involving motor vehicle collisions, pedestrians being struck by vehicles, airplane crashes, and boating incidents — result from blunt force trauma.

Other deaths resulting from blunt force trauma involve jumping or falling from heights, blast injuries, and being struck by a firm object, such as a fist, crowbar, bat, or ball. Bite wounds and chop injuries may be considered variants of blunt force trauma, sharp force trauma, or a class of injuries unto themselves.

Blunt force trauma is routinely involved in cases classified as accidents, as well as in cases of suicide and homicide.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1680107-overview

I was so hoping this was an accident and they freaked out because of his history.

I'd never thought about it before but blunt force trauma is one of the more common causes of death. I got curious.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1680107-overview

I was so hoping this was an accident and they freaked out because of his history.

The only issue is that it’s been ruled a homicide... can you be charged for accidental “murder”? I would think of that was the case it would be something else stated vs homicide. Accidental death or something like shaken baby syndrome or abusive head trauma. I hate that it’s ruled a homicide because to me, whether or not killing her was intentional, the anger and force most certainly was.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean your post. I was a mess. I even yelled at the operator (ashamed to say this) I was in shear panic. I just didn't go into details on how the morning started. I did once police and ems came to my home. I'm sorry :(
Sadly my father died that day and I think I knew in my heart he was gone already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry for your loss.

attachment.php
For those that can’t get into the site

Attachments

• FB140A7C-C96B-4504-B866-0E72CAB1876A.jpg
    FB140A7C-C96B-4504-B866-0E72CAB1876A.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 537
They have ways of telling how much force was applied and often what kind of surface made impact. In many infant and toddler deaths, the killer will try to say the baby fell, but a fall would cause less impact than being struck or thrown or whatever. So if they said homicide, they're pretty certain it wasn't an accident.

homicide means the killing of someone. It can be intentionally, even 1st degree preplanned murder, accidental, in self defense, as a result of neglect, etc.

Absolutely, infants can't just crawl off, nor can they respond to their name randomly called out while you're on 911. Just an odd call. Another thing that caused me pause, was the bag of drug paraphernalia near the baby. If someone who was clean had injured a baby, it would be easy to set up someone in the home, who wasn't clean. That drug paraphernalia almost seemed like a plant to me. Just color me skeptical.
Very true. I believe he/they wanted to make sure their stash was not in the home as they expected it would be searched.... but not smart enough to realize the entire outdoor area would be searched as well. Neither one seems too bright to me and heavy drug usage makes it worse.

They have ways of telling how much force was applied and often what kind of surface made impact. In many infant and toddler deaths, the killer will try to say the baby fell, but a fall would cause less impact than being struck or thrown or whatever. So if they said homicide, they're pretty certain it wasn't an accident.
Absolutely. They give "blunt force trauma" as the cause of death, but there very well may be other horribly obvious things that were done to the baby that indicate this was definitely no accident.

Statement analysis on the phone call is going to point to textbook signs of deception. Like others pointed out, she starts the call without asking for HELP right away ... If you didn't know better, you would think this mom was alone with the two kids. She doesn't even allude to the baby daddy being there until 3 minutes into the call ... Even when the 911 operator asked, "who else would come into the house." She doesn't mention that the dad was home. She talks of her parents and grandparents LONG before even mentioning the dad was there "outside, looking for her." When she is asked point blank questions, she pauses to think, then her answers are in context with the 2 year old (what the 2 year old said, etc.)

There are a lot of 911 call interpretations for Statement Analysis on Youtube. Someday, this call will be there, too. Mom knew more, or suspected more, at the time of the call.

McNabb was arrested around 7 p.m. Sunday after a rather bizarre encounter at the Chevron gas station on Highway 36.

"I was standing there waiting on customers. He came in and somebody said ‘That's him.’ I looked at him and said ‘That is him. That is him,’" said Julie Hannah, store clerk.

Store surveillance cameras captured McNabb wearing a cap and gray shirt.

"He was real wet and nasty like he had been running through the woods in the rain," said Hannah. "He started hollering and talking about ‘they are going to get me. They are going to get me. I've been running all day. I have been in the woods all day.’"

"He come back up here and he started talking to me and he says, ‘You know me? You recognize me?’ I said, ‘No.’ He says, ‘I was in here last night talking to you guys about my baby getting kidnapped," said Hannah. "He went on and on and on just rambling ‘I didn't do it. It wasn't me. It wasn't the baby's mama y'all going to look crazy when you figure this out.’"

(modsnip)

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/body-of-newton-county-infant-identified-as-missing-girl

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

can't he work while on probation there? where I live they can

What I'd like to know is, if the dad was on probation, who was working to help support the baby? The mother?

There is just so much that is wrong with this story I do not know where to begin.

Jmo they can tell the difference between a bumped head or a wound from being hit with an object, i.e...or multiple strikes against a surface, etc...

The only issue is that it’s been ruled a homicide... can you be charged for accidental “murder”? I would think of that was the case it would be something else stated vs homicide. Accidental death or something like shaken baby syndrome or abusive head trauma. I hate that it’s ruled a homicide because to me, whether or not killing her was intentional, the anger and force most certainly was.
It must mean that the head trauma was so severe that there is no way it was an accident.... plus it's possible there were other things done to indicate that someone was definitely intentionally trying to harm/kill the baby.

He seemed to dote on the older baby, but not the newborn... I wonder if he suspected that Caliyah was not his biological child, resented her. Killed her in a drug fueled rage, and the mother is so devoted to him she went along with it. Maybe they have/will run DNA to see if this was a possible motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member