GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following Jenna's case off and on from the beginning. I'm sure I have missed some posts, so forgive me, if the following suggestion has already been discussed in depth. Does anyone think it is possible Jenna is being held captive by someone she trusted? I'm not talking about trafficking but rather a situation similar to what happened to the teen with Asperger's who went missing from Charlotte, NC: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?308889-NC-HB-16-Charlotte-23-May-2016-*Arrest*

HB met a man online, got in his car to go to his house and was held captive by him for over a year. Due to her autism she was tricked into believing her captor when he said if she tried to escape she would be arrested. Could this be the case with Jenna?

I have been following Jenna's case off and on from the beginning. I'm sure I have missed some posts, so forgive me, if the following suggestion has already been discussed in depth. Does anyone think it is possible Jenna is being held captive by someone she trusted? I'm not talking about trafficking but rather a situation similar to what happened to the teen with Asperger's who went missing from Charlotte, NC: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?308889-NC-HB-16-Charlotte-23-May-2016-*Arrest*

HB met a man online, got in his car to go to his house and was held captive by him for over a year. Due to her autism she was tricked into believing her captor when he said if she tried to escape she would be arrested. Could this be the case with Jenna?
That also reminds me of a young girl who was duped into helping a friend of a relative ( I think it was) and was held captive tied up by her neck, and made to stand on a bucket, raped and tortured eventually escaping and swimming across a lake half naked to safety. She was only 16 so no name was released but two guys have been arrested. I cannot see J age 25 being duped in that way, but Subie may be able to explain how trusting or not J could be.

That also reminds me of a young girl who was duped into helping a friend of a relative ( I think it was) and was held captive tied up by her neck, and made to stand on a bucket, raped and tortured eventually escaping and swimming across a lake half naked to safety. She was only 16 so no name was released but two guys have been arrested. I cannot see J age 25 being duped in that way, but Subie may be able to explain how trusting or not J could be.

I think you are talking about "JB". We have a thread for here here too: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?346119-MN-JB-15-Alexandria-8-Aug-2017

The difference between JB and HB is that HB had high functioning autism. That's the main similarity I see in HB's case and Jenna's case.

I think you are talking about "JB". We have a thread for here here too: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?346119-MN-JB-15-Alexandria-8-Aug-2017

The difference between JB and HB is that HB had high functioning autism. That's the main similarity I see in HB's case and Jenna's case.
Yes it was the JB case. Although no aspergers or autism it was the duping by an older man (friend of a family friend) of an innocent that I am thinking of really. In HB case the parents didn't want her to even have a cell phone but she managed to meet using someone else's and was also duped by a predator. I am not sure J would be similarly duped like that. She had two cell phones and was independent but I don't know-only family could know if that was possible. If she was persuaded to take money from her till, it's possible perhaps. JMO.

What is the significance of what was or wasn't in her apartment bedroom? Wouldn't her roommate know the answer? Is it suspected that items may be missing perhaps?
All great questions! I really hope someone who knows the answer comes forward :/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What is the significance of what was or wasn't in her apartment bedroom? Wouldn't her roommate know the answer? Is it suspected that items may be missing perhaps?
Potentially. We found out that a thorough search was not done at the apartment like we were told. We looked back and it was stated that there was no bed / sheets at the apartment and she was sleeping on the floor however, we have gotten verfication from one person that she did have a bed and blankets there. Looking for anyone else that can verify if she had a bed or couch and blankets that she slept on. None of this of course raised any flags it sounds like

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Potentially. We found out that a thorough search was not done at the apartment like we were told. We looked back and it was stated that there was no bed / sheets at the apartment and she was sleeping on the floor however, we have gotten verfication from one person that she did have a bed and blankets there. Looking for anyone else that can verify if she had a bed or couch and blankets that she slept on. None of this of course raised any flags it sounds like

This is major information. I can't imagine if the roommate said there was no bed that LE didn't check that out. Wonder if any neighbors saw a mattress being disposed of. I hate to say this but I really think LE dropped the ball on this case. I do hope the PI you have is very experienced.

Well it should have done ( raised flags for LE I mean). I remember someone saying there was cctv at J's apartment. Did your PI or LE get copies? They may see the bed/mattress/ bedding being removed. This could indicate foul play or innocent moving out by J. Either way that cctv could be useful.

Subie, I remember you saying in thread 2 that the person whom J was sending Western Union payments to had been traced. What, if anything, came of that?

It really saddens me to see how much LE seems to want to rush things and ignore/overlook the littlest details. I am glad that you have a PI who can focus on this and possibly pressure LE into doing things. Also do not forget the power of the media! Keep the local TV news up to date, ask them to run another story (they love these human interest type stories) keep hounding them, perhaps they will grow tired of hearing from you and agree to do something just to shut you up! :) I know that you have the digital billboards with the missing person flyer, that is a great start, see if you can get the word out!

So the roommate would not let parents into apartment without a warrant, gave potentially false info to LE, and LE never actually went into the apartment?
Does that mean that they didn't get a warrant?

Whose statement indicated that she had no bed and slept on the floor-was it the roomates?

Can we revisit how long she had been living there?

So the roommate would not let parents into apartment without a warrant, gave potentially false info to LE, and LE never actually went into the apartment?
Does that mean that they didn't get a warrant?

Wow-where does it state LE didnt search the apartment?

I remember VI indicating that their PI had been over to the apartment one or more times. Did the PI make a more thorough search?

Warrants are tricky things- they cant just get one unless there is compelling evidence of a crime I am pretty sure. An adult who cant be found isnt really indicative of a crime. The previous page, I believe, included some thoughts about whether or not there is clear evidence of a crime here. We all know how we feel about it, but I am not sure what is on hand that would justify a search that didnt require the cooperation of the roommate. JMO.

But I dont know.

Did the PI find roommate cooperative?

I guess if I were going to spend some energy I would focus on her last known location, which is parent's house and her last seen which is sometime on 8/19.

Hopefully parents home was well covered by police and hopefully there were K9's at the scene. I remember conversations about no fingerprints in Mom's car, but there hasnt been much discussion about how the house was processed. I would love a timeline that shows what happened after VI made the call on the 20th. I am sure there is an incident report-subie if you dont have one, anyone can request one via FOIA.

I would love to know which of the pictures looks the most like she looks now.

Wow-where does it state LE didnt search the apartment? ...

...We found out that a thorough search was not done at the apartment like we were told. We looked back and it was stated that there was no bed / sheets at the apartment and she was sleeping on the floor however, we have gotten verfication from one person that she did have a bed and blankets there. Looking for anyone else that can verify if she had a bed or couch and blankets that she slept on...

Quotes snipped by me

I misspoke. It's possible that LE did search the apartment and roommate told LE that she did not have a bed.

I would love to know which of the pictures looks the most like she looks now.
Taken from the official "Help Find Jenna....." FB page
199a7cdfc7b49d7b08c1f92874e5e082.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads