IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean just how dam hard is it for a reporter to ask a wife if that's the voice of her husband who she has talked to on the phone hundreds of times?
Most likely the reporter did ask many of the questions that we are asking, but they didn't make the cut for the final on-air version for whatever reason. Could be anything from uninteresting answer (Maybe "couldn't hear it well enough to tell") to a sound or video glitch right in the middle. Condensing several minutes of interview to a couple of minutes requires that a lot be left out.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Well - you may well be right, and that means there will be no video. The 'tape' is really data and that probably wont be run over possibly is be for a long time.
It would be to DNs advantage to have a video of him in Martinsville on the afternoon of 2/13. LE could return to using all their resources to concentrate on their other leads.

Yes, it would definitely help matters along if they could place him there or not. I'm sure they probably feel the same way. At this point, KN's interviews don't exactly point her as a reliable witness either way.

When she says he didn't have 'access' to her car,that day, I wonder what that means?

He didn't have her keys? He didn't have her permission? Her car wasn't at home? She was using it all day herself?

I wish she had been more specific. If she can say for certain that she was driving her kids around all day in that car, and was nowhere near Delphi, it would be believable that he didn't have access.

But if she thinks that he didn't have keys or permission or gas money, then it is not such a solid denial, imo.

Spellbound, thank you for the link to the mug shot timeline. [emoji1303]

KN's interview was odd. I believe she KNOWS he was not with her at the 2/13 appt but doesn't want to admit it, for fear of unleashing even more speculation about him. I think deep down she really does suspect him but is afraid to face that truth. Poor girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He seemed able to get around other places without access to a car, didn't he?

Spellbound, thank you for the link to the mug shot timeline. [emoji1303]

KN's interview was odd. I believe she KNOWS he was not with her at the 2/13 appt but doesn't want to admit it, for fear of unleashing even more speculation about him. I think deep down she really does suspect him but is afraid to face that truth. Poor girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think that too. He is her children's father. No one would want that for their children. She can't let herself face that.

IMO KN is fearful of DN. Even though he is currently in jail, she fears he could get out at some point & that is what is causing her statements to be contradictory. She knows if she says anything to implicate DN, he would come after her IF he ever gets the chance. I have seen what DV does to a woman firsthand...one part love/loyalty, the other part is pure fear. Perhaps she is doing interviews to get news to him that she has not said anything to implicate him in Abby & Libby’s murders? Is that possible? I could be completely off, but again IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was only KN's second child with DN. Normally in non-high-risk pregnancies, one would not have many ultrasounds, so an ultrasound in KN's situation should be somewhat memorable.
We don't know KN's pregnancy status, however she did leave the state only 2 weeks after giving birth, an approx 18 hour drive which may have been more difficult to do if the pregnancy had been high risk... they may have wanted to monitor the child more than usual, etc.
Don't people usually get at least one photo of an ultrasound image to take home with them? Wouldn't that inspire conversation about what the baby looks like at that point, etc?
It isn't like DN had a job he had to attend, so if they were still together as a couple, why *wouldn't* he have gone with her? And if he didn't, did they disagree about him not going?
In the beginning did we not read that DN had just split up with his wife just before the girls were killed? But now KN is intimating that they were together, otherwise she would know for sure that DN had not attended the U/S with her, and she likely wouldn't have driven him the following day for his 'check-in' either. If he was living under a bridge at the time, where was *she* and their young daughter living?
If DN did *not* attend the U/S with her, did he instead babysit their daughter while KN went alone?
Wouldn't all of the above be memorable enough that one could put the pieces together in her memory, based on conversations with each other, conversations with their daughter (perhaps about the ultrasound/her soon-to-come sibling, etc), talk about the photograph, conversation with the U/S technician, banter about the discomfort of a full bladder, etc? There are lots of potential things to remember about that U/S event that it shouldn't be that difficult to remember whether DN was present or not.
Hopefully the U/S technician was interviewed by LE in the hope that something may have been written in her/his notes about the visit, or something which may spark a memory of whether DN was in attendance.
Has it been stated what time the U/S appointment was, how long it took, where it was located, and what happened before and after the appointment? If it was in the morning, then perhaps it is totally insignificant whether or not DN was present?
Just random thoughts..

IMO KN is fearful of DN. Even though he is currently in jail, she fears he could get out at some point & that is what is causing her statements to be contradictory. She knows if she says anything to implicate DN, he would come after her IF he ever gets the chance. I have seen what DV does to a woman firsthand...one part love/loyalty, the other part is pure fear. Perhaps she is doing interviews to get news to him that she has not said anything to implicate him in Abby & Libby’s murders? Is that possible? I could be completely off, but again IMO

I had similar thoughts about her interview, and have wondered if her responses to LE were the same as her answers to the reporter. She may be being unclear/vague in her responses because she doesn't want to be guilty of obstructing justice if he's found guilty, or be a target for revenge if he isn't. With the answers she gave, neither side could definitively say that she was helping the other. The impression I got of her 2 seemingly conflicting statements were that she never would have thought he was capable of this in the past, but now she's really not sure if she thinks he is or not. In my tangled mind, that means she does think he's capable of it, but doesn't know if he did it or not. MOO

ETA: Since he apparently didn't have a license, she may not want to say he had access to her car for fear of getting in trouble for allowing him to have access to it. Guilty or not (of murder), his life seems to be a real mess! Also MOO

I'm sorry I don't know how to
copy and paste I may need to update and don't post very much here but I saw this from Minazoe and couldn't agree more:
"shouldn't be long now.

I think he is the logical suspect, but also the logistical suspect. All of the profiles work, all the estimates of proximity and motive...and now the likely murder weapon.

Hatchet Man.
Dan the Hatchet Man.

works for me."

����

I had similar thoughts about her interview, and have wondered if her responses to LE were the same as her answers to the reporter. She may be being unclear/vague in her responses because she doesn't want to be guilty of obstructing justice if he's found guilty, or be a target for revenge if he isn't. With the answers she gave, neither side could definitively say that she was helping the other. The impression I got of her 2 seemingly conflicting statements were that she never would have thought he was capable of this in the past, but now she's really not sure if she thinks he is or not. In my tangled mind, that means she does think he's capable of it, but doesn't know if he did it or not. MOO

ETA: Since he apparently didn't have a license, she may not want to say he had access to her car for fear of getting in trouble for allowing him to have access to it. Guilty or not (of murder), his life seems to be a real mess! Also MOO

Completely agree with everything you said. I think you nailed it, fear of being charged with obstruction of justice & giving him access to the car, absolutely agree!
IMO

When she says he didn't have 'access' to her car,that day, I wonder what that means?

He didn't have her keys? He didn't have her permission? Her car wasn't at home? She was using it all day herself?

I wish she had been more specific. If she can say for certain that she was driving her kids around all day in that car, and was nowhere near Delphi, it would be believable that he didn't have access.

But if she thinks that he didn't have keys or permission or gas money, then it is not such a solid denial, imo.

BBM:
She needed it for her appointment so she dropped him off at the cemetery then he hitchhiked back later?:dunno:

I think she conflicted and doesn't know which truth to tell. She's afraid of him but talks about him, she filed for divorce and stayed with him, she can't decide.
Which is ok because I can't either.

JMO

bbm

^^ This, yes IMO!! If you could promise her that he would never come out of the prison again ...
Though I think there still is some love for him to be recognized when she always is naming him "Daniel".

I think Im starting to see what has been bothering me about the interview.

Contradictions. Even though they are subtle they are there.

Like this part where she says.

"When asked if she thought her husband was connected to the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German, she said she couldn't say for sure one way or the other.

“Honestly I do not want to say that I can see him doing it or not,” said Katelyn."

So she says she really does not want to speculate about him on this. But then what about this statement.....

"“Even everything that I have been through with Daniel…I did not think he was somebody that I thought could do something of this magnitude,” said Katelyn."

Thats an outright comment that she does not think he was the guy. That is a direct contradiction. She really does want to say he is not the guy.

And look what happens when two words are pulled from that last part.

"I did not think he was somebody that (delete<<I thought>>) could do something of this magnitude,” said Katelyn.""

Hmmmmmmm.

And I feel this statement was a flat out lie. I cant picture him using those words. Maybe other choice words but not these.

"He said, 'No that is disgusting,'” said Katelyn."

I really think she had a motive to downplay his possible involvement at this point. I hope LE checks every fact she talked about.

I couldn't agree more!

That day would be more memorable than most. If I post something distraught on Facebook, I remember exactly what it was about, even when it pops up on my time line 5 years later. She would remember what's happening that day.

And a hat like what?? We have discussed head covering for much more time than anyone should admit. So there is no "hat" that should be ruling him out, to her. Many of us thought it is a baseball hat under a hoodie pulled up. And she said he wears baseball caps......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Completely agree with everything you said. I think you nailed it, fear of being charged with obstruction of justice & giving him access to the car, absolutely agree!
IMO

It sounds to me like he didn't have access to her car on the 13th, but perhaps he had access to a car.

It sounds to me like he didn't have access to her car on the 13th, but perhaps he had access to a car.

He also didn&#8217;t have access to her car on the 14th. He relied on her to drive him to his check-in. No reason to think it was any different the day before. I&#8217;d be surprised if anyone willingly turned their car over to him.

Thinking outside the box...I would be interested in knowing if anyone close to TW in Colorado was aware if TW had any knowledge of the Delphi murders. A thought came into my head for awhile now...WHAT IF TW heard his killer speak or if he saw a news story/photo/sketch/voice recording about Abby and Libby's murders and made the connection? IF it was DN and he was made, he would think he "had no choice but to kill him."
...Or sadly, and more likely...either of the crimes could have been the result of pathological blind rage over something/nothing real or imagined.

That day would be more memorable than most. If I post something distraught on Facebook, I remember exactly what it was about, even when it pops up on my time line 5 years later. She would remember what's happening that day.

And a hat like what?? We have discussed head covering for much more time than anyone should admit. So there is no "hat" that should be ruling him out, to her. Many of us thought it is a baseball hat under a hoodie pulled up. And she said he wears baseball caps......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, the hat comment seemed rather reaching.. afterall.. look at the hat he is known to be wearing, while driving her vehicle without a license. How is this hat so notably different from the hat in the BG shot?:

attachment.php

pic from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4929272/Man-arrested-week-connected-double-murder.html

Attachments

• red car.jpg
    red car.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 461
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics