IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am as anxious as everyone else for this crime to be solved. However, I would like to also see that, if it is DN, that investigators have everything they need to tie him to this and perhaps other crimes. DNA, phone records, witnesses, travel, video recordings and marks left by weapons all should be looked at, and that takes time. Could he be tied to other murders? Is the hatchet in his car being compared to fatal injuries? Bullets? Other people in other states? Only LE knows. I would hope they are methodically investigating ever aspect of DN to insure that the truth is found. He isn't going anywhere!!! They have the luxury of time to tie things up. They aren't required to tell us what they're doing, only to do it right! Like they said, " We only get one shot at this". I hope it's a good one! MOO

I am as anxious as everyone else for this crime to be solved. However, I would like to also see that, if it is DN, that investigators have everything they need to tie him to this and perhaps other crimes. DNA, phone records, witnesses, travel, video recordings and marks left by weapons all should be looked at, and that takes time. Could he be tied to other murders? Is the hatchet in his car being compared to fatal injuries? Bullets? Other people in other states? Only LE knows. I would hope they are methodically investigating ever aspect of DN to insure that the truth is found. He isn't going anywhere!!! They have the luxury of time to tie things up. They aren't required to tell us what they're doing, only to do it right! Like they said, " We only get one shot at this". I hope it's a good one! MOO

MOO, but I think we are waiting on DNA. Everything else is circumstantial and can be waved off and disputed by a defense team's "expert witnesses" Also, I think there is coordination between the Colorado DA and the Indiana DA. It would be interesting to know if there was DNA found on or near TW and whether that matched up with crime scene DNA from Delphi. I do believe the two states are co-ordinting charges. I don't believe they are waiting to link DN to cold cases. LE has said as soon as they have their suspect they will let everyone know. They want the public to know BG is off the streets as soon as they can get it done. There is no place in our country or anywhere else that is "safe", while we shouldn't be paranoid to the extent we don't live life, we also shouldn't adopt a pollyanna "it can't happen here" attitude, the people of Delphi thought their little community was safe too, or Libby and Abby wouldn't have been on that bridge in February.

SS my comment was directed at people who spend so much time trying to fit the pegs into holes, thus my comment "people all over the internet".

There is danger everywhere at all times. Look at the Las Vegas shootings.

Having LE say yes this is the man doesn't mean there isn't another to take his place.

I take walks and keep my eyes open and my ears on alert. Isn't that about the best any of us can do? Be on the defensive. That's what Libby was doing when she took the video.
Yes I know. However I was referring specifically to people like Rottmom around Delphi who live in fear till there is an arrest. A specific murderer or rapist on the loose in your own area is much more disconcerting than a general threat. I have lived in an area like that where a whole country community lived in fear of a rapist breaking into homes , threatening homeowners with their own shotguns, then raping both men and women. Till he was caught everybody, even grown men were scared out of their wits. That's why Delphiniums need answers.

Yes I know. However I was referring specifically to people like Rottmom around Delphi who live in fear till there is an arrest. A specific murderer or rapist on the loose in your own area is much more disconcerting than a general threat. I have lived in an area like that where a whole country community lived in fear of a rapist breaking into homes , threatening homeowners with their own shotguns, then raping both men and women. Till he was caught everybody, even grown men were scared out of their wits. That's why Delphiniums need answers.

MOO, but I think whomever murdered Abby and Libby is long gone from Delphi. Delphi is no more dangerous now than it was on Feb12th.

MOO, but I think whomever murdered Abby and Libby is long gone from Delphi. Delphi is no more dangerous now than it was on Feb12th.
But we don't know that.That's why updates from LE would be greatly appreciated.Just a feeling of security knowing they're still hot on it.There is a paranoia of sorts because of lack of information.Look how much thing's have gotten crossed.At one point it was being reported that his weight and height had changed and we never did see a correction made except for the FBI site which did change it back to the original description.They have never definitively said if it was opportunity or planned.Just read between the line sort of stuff.They wouldn't say it's not safe because there is a killer on the loose but don't let our daughters go out in pairs,go in groups.Our citizens are smart enough to draw their own conclusions but please everyone,don't draw any conclusions.Please we want witnesses to come forward but we won't have our artists draw the perp to witness description.The list goes on.Like I said before,I haven't let my kids walk to and from the bus stop since Feb. Until they say they have someone locked up,be it DN or whoever,I'll continue to go heeled.

As much as I want to see this case solved, I'm glad they aren't rushing into actions. If they have the right person, I'd hope they would make sure they had a solid case; if they don't have the right person, I'd hate to see someone being charged/convicted because evidence could be made to fit his circumstances. MOO

But we don't know that.That's why updates from LE would be greatly appreciated.Just a feeling of security knowing they're still hot on it.There is a paranoia of sorts because of lack of information.Look how much thing's have gotten crossed.At one point it was being reported that his weight and height had changed and we never did see a correction made except for the FBI site which did change it back to the original description.They have never definitively said if it was opportunity or planned.Just read between the line sort of stuff.They wouldn't say it's not safe because there is a killer on the loose but don't let our daughters go out in pairs,go in groups.Our citizens are smart enough to draw their own conclusions but please everyone,don't draw any conclusions.Please we want witnesses to come forward but we won't have our artists draw the perp to witness description.The list goes on.Like I said before,I haven't let my kids walk to and from the bus stop since Feb. Until they say they have someone locked up,be it DN or whoever,I'll continue to go heeled.

That's why I said it's MOO, you're right we don't know where BG is. I do not believe he's still in Delphi, the whole town is looking for him. It would be safer for him to be in jail than to still be in Delphi. I guess, I don't need LE to come out and say anything in order to feel like they are still working the case. I'm sure they are and they want BG caught as much as we do. MOO, but loose lips sink ships, we have a picture, a sketch and his voice. That is plenty for someone who knows him to recognize him and turn him in, and if they are unwilling to, then more press conferences aren't going to convince them. MOO, but LE is under no obligation to tell us anything until they are good and ready. MOO also, but even putting BG to death via the death penalty won't bring justice for Abby and Libby that is out of our hands. What is needed is to keep society safe from him, and assuming that he's still in Delphi unnecessarily gives people outside the state of Indiana a false sense of security. MOO of course.

That's why I said it's MOO, you're right we don't know where BG is. I do not believe he's still in Delphi, the whole town is looking for him. It would be safer for him to be in jail than to still be in Delphi. I guess, I don't need LE to come out and say anything in order to feel like they are still working the case. I'm sure they are and they want BG caught as much as we do. MOO, but loose lips sink ships, we have a picture, a sketch and his voice. That is plenty for someone who knows him to recognize him and turn him in, and if they are unwilling to, then more press conferences aren't going to convince them. MOO, but LE is under no obligation to tell us anything until they are good and ready. MOO also, but even putting BG to death via the death penalty won't bring justice for Abby and Libby that is out of our hands. What is needed is to keep society safe from him, and assuming that he's still in Delphi unnecessarily gives people outside the state of Indiana a false sense of security. MOO of course.
Don't take my reply to your post as hostile,it wasn't meant that way.Just a feeling of frustration from the local area is all that was meant.

SS my comment was directed at people who spend so much time trying to fit the pegs into holes, thus my comment "people all over the internet".

There is danger everywhere at all times. Look at the Las Vegas shootings.

Having LE say yes this is the man doesn't mean there isn't another to take his place.

I take walks and keep my eyes open and my ears on alert. Isn't that about the best any of us can do? Be on the defensive. That's what Libby was doing when she took the video.

I agree.

I believe IMHO DN is BG and LE is in due diligence mode and lining up their case so it's airtight.

However if DN is not BG I would hate for him to be arrested for this horrific crime and maybe give a false sense of security to locals. I truly feel for the family and friends of Abigail and Liberty, and everyone close by to Delphi. Stay strong, truth and time walk hand in hand (MOO) and justice is coming. Wait for it. Liberty gave us the "key" on her phone, we just have to wait until the "lock" is fully identified. Don't lose HOPE my amazing WS family.

Hugs.

I agree.

I believe IMHO DN is BG and LE is in due diligence mode and lining up their case so it's airtight.

However if DN is not BG I would hate for him to be arrested for this horrific crime and maybe give a false sense of security to locals. I truly feel for the family and friends of Abigail and Liberty, and everyone close by to Delphi. Stay strong, truth and time walk hand in hand (MOO) and justice is coming. Wait for it. Liberty gave us the "key" on her phone, we just have to wait until the "lock" is fully identified. Don't lose HOPE my amazing WS family.

Hugs.

I don't have much to add but I really love this post and the calming influence behind it so thank you I completely relate to everybody who feels impatient and honestly I think it's because we're all desperate that what Libby did wasn't in vain. The thought of her being so brave and filming the man, who was to later kill her and it not paying off in a conviction, that could end up saving the lives of people just like her and Abby is abhorrent and sickening. But all we can do is be patient.

MOO

They have said they have enough evidence to convict if they find the person. That they just need to find the person.
So I believe they will find and convict the killer - and it will be the right person.

A false sense of security lead to two deaths. Even if the killer is caught, you still have to be cautious. You never know what can happen or when.

I have been following the Jessica chambers trial (now on Verdict Watch) and seeing how they have tied together intelligence from various sources (texts, phone calls, cell tower pings, surveillance video from local businesses, etc) is fascinating and leaves me encouraged that LE will prosecute THIS case intelligent-ly too. Thanks, CoreyRocks, for your positive & reassuring words as well.

“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-de...ave-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

An older quote, but it does make me wonder how much DNA they have and how hard it must be to single out the right suspect's from any contamination.

Anyway, feeling a bit calmer tonight. I know the mantra is today is the day. The investigators have so much work to do, and I am thankful for them.

Still no arrest??? Anything new with DN? Been away for awhile--busy with late tax extensions. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam