MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to think that they are in two camps...the Eric camp and the others....I fully expect them to ask the question if they think Quinton did this with someone else can they still find him guilty.

I hope they ask that question!

On another note, last night I started "choking" on my own saliva while taking a drink of water. Ya know how you do when you swallow "wrong?" I was gasping for air, and since I was in the middle of watching this trial and was alone in my home, I said, "Quinton" and "Eric" out loud while I was trying to regain my breath. My "Quinton" sounded nothing like "Eric." Now, my tongue was not swollen, but just sharing my experience with trying to spit out words with no air going into my trachea!

One thing i am confused about. When case went to jury,judge excused alternates and said they were free. Don't they usually keep alternates until after verdict? What if a juror gets sick or has family emergency? Mistrial?

I agree that has happened in other trials. The guy convicted in Christina Morris case being one I followed the trial. I guess they would have to start all over in this one. Mistrial

[video=twitter;919743824859140096]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/919743824859140096[/video]

Ok folks. Keep it here. We'll be back first thing in the morning. Jury begins deliberating at 9am #JessicaChambers @LocalMemphis

[video=twitter;919744126085713920]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/919744126085713920[/video]

Tune into @CW30Memphis News @ 9pm & @LocalMemphis @ 10pm #JessicaChambers

I’m not arkansasmimi, but I too had to look twice as the post she quoted didn’t seem to work. It ended up at the bottom of her post, which you quoted. I believe she was objecting to this:

“@XXXX No verdict tonight, I hope the jurors weigh heavily in how many nights of sleep her parents have lost. #JessicaChambers #JusticeForJessica”.

Not wishing to speak for her, but I believe she’s saying she believes the jury should consider the evidence presented, versus the parents’ sleepless nights, although she empathizes. Just my interpretation.

Thank you and yes exactly what I meant.

i have to think that they are in two camps...the Eric camp and the others....I fully expect them to ask the question if they think Quinton did this with someone else can they still find him guilty.

I agree.
If they have questions, I am curious how this particular Judge will handle. He has been very informal and ran a very smooth trial. Here are the Jury Instructions if someone missed, And he explains not to be based on sympathy and so forth. [video=youtube;3-EjjvIu3CQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-EjjvIu3CQ[/video]

I agree that has happened in other trials. The guy convicted in Christina Morris case being one I followed the trial. I guess they would have to start all over in this one. Mistrial

i wondered too but apparently once deliberation starts they cannot put a new juror in...I always thought they could but would have to start over. Lets hope they all stay healthy....one already not feeling well but honestly I would not either after a week like this. Grueling.

I agree.
If they have questions, I am curious how this particular Judge will handle. He has been very informal and ran a very smooth trial. Here are the Jury Instructions if someone missed, And he explains not to be based on sympathy and so forth. [video=youtube;3-EjjvIu3CQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-EjjvIu3CQ[/video]

Arkansas...I listened carefully to the instructions and did not hear the judge say anything to the effect that they need to find that he acted alone etc. so assume they can find him guilty even by being an accomplice? I am pretty sure if we are this divided in this chat room as are other chat rooms then same is going on in there...but I think it could be pretty easy to get a guilty if all agree there were two people there and he was one of them. Did you hear anything to give them some direction there.

I hope they ask that question!

On another note, last night I started "choking" on my own saliva while taking a drink of water. Ya know how you do when you swallow "wrong?" I was gasping for air, and since I was in the middle of watching this trial and was alone in my home, I said, "Quinton" and "Eric" out loud while I was trying to regain my breath. My "Quinton" sounded nothing like "Eric." Now, my tongue was not swollen, but just sharing my experience with trying to spit out words with no air going into my trachea!
You need to take a break TTF! This is way too much obsessing :)

I think there will be a hung jury. I think Jessica said "Eric." I think QT was absolutely positively there for the commission of this crime. I'm just not convinced there wasn't also someone else there (Eric), or that the jury has received permission to convict QT of this crime even if "Eric" was also there. (I didn't hear closing arguments or jury instructions).

I think that anyone that questions that Q is gullty has never seen or experienced the evolving tragedy of a severe burn. It keeps evolving. It doesn't end. And then, you die.

I still don't like that they waited a year to apprehend Quinton who was Top Contact in her last days (100+ calls, 500+ texts).

Cell data was available back then as well. They could have constructed then, what they constructed now. There is nothing new now that was not available in 2014.

They could have prevented Taiwanese girl from being murdered.

I still say it is not right that they waited a year to apprehend Quinton who was Top Contact in her last days (100+ calls, 500+ texts).

Cell data was available back then as well. They could have constructed then, what they constructed now.
They could have prevented Taiwanese girl from being murdered.

I don't think they could have, though. They said the location data (which was the clincher in this case) took my longer to get from the phone companies than did just the call/text logs.

I don't think they could have, though. They said the location data (which was the clincher in this case) took my longer to get from the phone companies than did just the call/text logs.

Is there a reference to this?
It would not be difficult to subpoena the tower operator and Telco to get that along with call details. It is not as if they need to create/assemble additional data. Telco has these logged as it occurs. You don't need a year.

Arkansas...I listened carefully to the instructions and did not hear the judge say anything to the effect that they need to find that he acted alone etc. so assume they can find him guilty even by being an accomplice? I am pretty sure if we are this divided in this chat room as are other chat rooms then same is going on in there...but I think it could be pretty easy to get a guilty if all agree there were two people there and he was one of them. Did you hear anything to give them some direction there.

My understanding after listening multiple times. They have to agree that QT killed her while in the commission of 3rd degree arson. So the State of MS had to prove that QT committed the arson that caused the injuries that JC died from. Nothing about being an accomplice at all. I personally do not think they proved QT responsible for the 3rd degree arson *beyond a reasonable doubt*. That what I was getting at about the crime scene.

Is there a reference to this?
It would not be difficult to subpoena the tower operator and Telco to get that along with call details. It is not as if they need to create/assemble additional data. Telco has these logged as it occurs. You don't need a year.

Do you mean do I have a link? No. Paul Rowlette (Do I have that name correct?) said the reason it took so long for them to question QT a third time (I think it as the third time) was because the location data took a long time for them to get for various reasons. It was in his testimony. I'm not going to go find a link to that because I'm going to bed :).

My understanding after listening multiple times. They have to agree that QT killed her while in the commission of 3rd degree arson. So the State of MS had to prove that QT committed the arson that caused the injuries that JC died from. Nothing about being an accomplice at all. I personally do not think they proved QT responsible for the 3rd degree arson. That what I was getting at about the crime scene.

yep I can see your point....so he has to be the one that actually set her on fire....boy if they have some on jury that think
Eric did that but maybe Quinton did something to her prior to that ...well could be tough one.

Do you mean do I have a link? No. Paul Rowlette (Do I have that name correct?) said the reason it took so long for them to question QT a third time (I think it as the third time) was because the location data took a long time for them to get for various reasons. It was in his testimony. I'm not going to go find a link to that because I'm going to bed :).

Thanks! I feel asleep during his testimony and it was not available on youtube. I will try to find it and watch again.
Regardless, I am in IT field. I do not believe that location data (which is logged as it occurs) would take long time to obtain. Just a printout from the Telco.
They should have zeroed in on him as Top Contact and obtained these earlier.

Originally Posted by TTF14 View Post
I think there will be a hung jury. I think Jessica said "Eric." I think QT was absolutely positively there for the commission of this crime. I'm just not convinced there wasn't also someone else there (Eric), or that the jury has received permission to convict QT of this crime even if "Eric" was also there. (I didn't hear closing arguments or jury instructions).

I think that anyone that questions that Q is gullty has never seen or experienced the evolving tragedy of a severe burn. It keeps evolving. It doesn't end. And then, you die.
RBBM, but that is not what the jury is tasked with. They are tasked with did the State prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant QT committed 3rd degree arson, which lead to the death of JC. The States own witnesses stated that JC spoke to them Are we to completely throw out their sworn testimony and statements? It would take more mouth efforts to say Jessica than it would to say Eric. That can be said with out even moving the mouth or tongue. Whereas Jessica would. JMHO

What is the theory on how she was set on fire? I am assuming she was incapacitated in the car (deep burns in seated position). Then lit up (without being aware of). Why was she incapacitated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288