MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, they understand at this point if they don't agree they need to write that on a note. They could have done that an hour ago though if that's the case.

Judge is giving another instruction

All 12 in order to find not guilty or guilty

Then, he spelled out if they all cannot agree NG or G, send the court a note in writing

I am sure we will be back where Judge explains "notify me in writing but not on a verdict form"

I saw nothing wrong with that instruction

He brought them back out again, after he sent them back a few ago. After he just told them the same thing. Unsure if they sent another question as to why but this is not normal.

I'm thinking the judge is back in his chambers hitting his head against the wall, and taking sips from a flask.

I'm glad the Judge brought them back in to explain that if they all 12 cannot agree on NG or G and are deadlocked,

they should write him a note saying so.

I'm hoping they remain Deadlocked now

@local24tish 2m
This whole thing is tainted now. IF they reach a verdict, it'll end up being thrown out. Jurors been called by name. It's screwed up now. Period. @LocalMemphis #JessicaChambers

Cathy is talking about the Jury names. She said that Hung Juries never are polled. But the verdict said NG. That is why they polled.

He brought them back out again, after he sent them back a few ago. After he just told them the same thing. Unsure if they sent another question as to why but this is not normal.

no, it was different

Was it 3 or 5 voting Not Guilty?

I saw the tweet stating 5, but some members heard differently

Sitting here trying to come up with one single silver lining in this mess. Tellis got to hear NG. Then oops we made a boo boo

@local24tish 2m
This whole thing is tainted now. IF they reach a verdict, it'll end up being thrown out. Jurors been called by name. It's screwed up now. Period. @LocalMemphis #JessicaChambers

regarding this....a not guilty verdict would not be thrown out ,would it ?

@local24tish 2m

That's a very unprofessional reporter. Her timeline is a mess

[video=twitter;920016710324891649]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/920016710324891649[/video]

Prediction, judge will call back jury one more time to reissue the same instruction again.

Cathy is talking about the Jury names. She said that Hung Juries never are polled. But the verdict said NG. That is why they polled.

I wonder if there's even a law on the books about this sort of thing. Seems to me like it should be an automatic mistrial, but does this even happen very often, or at all??

I don't see how the judge can accept any verdict at this point. What a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd