Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's right. I'd forgotten that. I am hopeful that LE has run down that path of possible neighbor taking her, and eliminated it fully. thanks for the reminder. Is it possible to do a search for RSO's in a specific geographic area?

It is in my part of Ohio. Don't know about Texas.

I think they've reported that they went around to all the neighbors who had security cameras and requested to see the videos - don't have the link for that, though. If you do a google trot down the street using streetview, some of the cameras are visible at the doors and entryways. From what I've read, seems all the neighbors were supportive and accommodating (though I'm not sure they'd necessarily report on one who wasn't). It'd be my guess that they already checked on the 27 SOs in the area (which is actually a low ratio per square mile compared to other parts of Texas). But I don't know for certain; JMO.

The detail that struck me was checking the freezer. Unless it was open and available (like in an open garage?) and LE thought she might have crawled in. But that wasn't my first thought.

This is moo. I think he said the story bc he knew child endangerment wouldn't get him much prison time. Also he wanted to ensure the mother wouldn't be in trouble so the older bio child could be with her. I think this was the fastest story he could come up with.
But child endangerment can carry up to 20 years, I thought.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

One additional point that troubles me is that I believe mom is a nurse. If something were to have happened to the little girl accidentally - she aspirated on milk, she was shaken - I think dad would have woken mom up to help. So I think this was intentional like suffocation or mom was present and knew about it. Very sad, either way.

I'm not sure about dumping or burial. It's been hot several days these past few weeks. 96 last Monday. If he dumped her body, the smell would have drifted for miles. Richardson does trash pickup twice a week too if anyone is interested.

There are, however, several new builder communities with construction dumpsters within 15 minutes or so. I don't think many construction crews would even be bothered by the smell.

Hi! Just registered to respond. I grew up in the neighborhood so I can answer questions about the area.

To the person who suggested E. Mockingbird - there is a HUGE police substation there. I can't imagine he'd want to pass that.

I feel like she got dumped in a body of water. Both white rock and lake Ray have large groups of indians/southeast Asians there on the weekends from local churches having celebrations and cookouts. I'm a long distance runner so I'm at both lakes several times a week. White rock is really shallow from almost every point accessible on the lake, with only one spot really deep enough to drive over and dump a body. That is a well traveled road though.

Lake ray has several points that can be driven to with easy and deep spots to quickly dispose of a body. I live currently in Lakewood heights, but my dad and office are in Richardson. At that time of night, the lights are so well timed, I can easily get 15 miles from my dad's house and back in an hour.

I don't think the perp traveled on a major highway. Too many cops looking for drunks. If he went west, you'd be traveling over heavily populated and more traveled areas.

I also think if he traveled west, we'd have photos from the DART rail he'd have to pass.

I also work for a large technology company that rhymes with Lamsung. It's very close by and we employee tons of people. I'm surprised there aren't dozens of camera feeds from houses.

Also, standard floor plan for that type of house has the parents house on the side with backyard and kids rooms facing the front of the house.

Fantastic first post, and welcome to the muddled huddle!

I'd completely forgotten about that police substation on E Mockingbird--good point. (Agree with your comparison of the lakes, too.)

Bless your heart!! Thank you on behalf of the universe for taking the time and heart to do this....this makes me want to cry. I can feel the collective love and teamwork here...

Bless you, PoirotryinMotion.

(It's really great to have you here in this thread!)

Thanks, Margarita. <3 I'm afraid I've become a bit obsessed with finding this little tot. :eek:

All this discussion about rehoming little Sherin. If they were rehoming her, why report her missing? Just tell everyone, she is living with an Aunt or friend for awhile. I don't believe she was rehomed. JMO

Same here.

Lol. No I get what you are saying. Although, I'm not sure.

He must have picked up quite a pace for one of the neighbours to say he was "whizzing" by. Although, I don't think we know exactly where that neighbour is located and in what direction.

Is the likelihood that he went through to Centennial? But that still doesn't answer where he went from there.

So many unanswered questions and I'm so tired I hope I make sense.

I believe that many surveillance videos consist of a string of still photos (or something like that), so that what is viewed is sort of like a stop-action, speeded up version of life? So, in viewing the video, anything with motion might appear to be blurred, and "whizzing," lacking in detail.

I do think that the most helpful info from surveillance video will be the direction of travel of the SUV, rather than any details about occupants. If Sherin were in the vehicle--even in the best of circumstances, meaning alive--I doubt that she would be visible in the darkness to a security camera. But knowing the direction travelled would reveal clues as to where the next search should be. Even a second adult would very likely be difficult to discern.

One additional point that troubles me is that I believe mom is a nurse. If something were to have happened to the little girl accidentally - she aspirated on milk, she was shaken - I think dad would have woken mom up to help. So I think this was intentional like suffocation or mom was present and knew about it. Very sad, either way.

I'm not sure about dumping or burial. It's been hot several days these past few weeks. 96 last Monday. If he dumped her body, the smell would have drifted for miles. Richardson does trash pickup twice a week too if anyone is interested.

There are, however, several new builder communities with construction dumpsters within 15 minutes or so. I don't think many construction crews would even be bothered by the smell.

THANK YOU for that info on trash pickup. Twice a week?

I think that is what he did to dispose of this sweet baby. I think he drove to a dumpster that was remote or hidden somewhat---maybe a construction dumpster.

The thing about constructions dumpsters though, lots of people pick through them to look for wood or useable materials. It might be a risky place to hide something.

AnaPisces said:
“I think at this point until we know more information, they’re kind of having an idea where this child is,” said Schulte.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/16/missing-girl-case/

I think this is what I've been trying to express...my hope that since they removed the Amber Alert, and don't appear to be in any particular hurry to form search parties or distribute flyers, and alert the public to 'finding' her...that LE may have a good inkling where she might be, and is quietly working on that.

And that angle, if it's what I think it is, is what gives me that 45% hope that she is (maybe) alive. (Keeping my thoughts on that angle private for now, per TOS).

Does anyone know how long the Mathews have lived in the U.S.? I can't remember it being mentioned. TIA

IMO, I think the story about WM leaving Sherin outside as punishment may not have been so far fetched in WM's mind if that is what is acceptable in his native culture. I believe someone mentioned in Thread #1 that it was. Do I believe that's what he did? Not in the least. But the story may have made sense to him.

Last thing, I read this article about missing children in Kerala. It's pretty stunning.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newi...missing-in-kerala-in-last-30-days-1644688.amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THANK YOU for that info on trash pickup. Twice a week?

I think that is what he did to dispose of this sweet baby. I think he drove to a dumpster that was remote or hidden somewhat---maybe a construction dumpster.

The thing about constructions dumpsters though, lots of people pick through them to look for wood or useable materials. It might be a risky place to hide something.

I think we need to be open to the possibility that everything in this case was not carefully planned. Even though the hours from 3 to 8 seem like a long time, it's not really very long to accomplish the best of all possible plans and cover-ups. Maybe Plan A was putting her out in the alley in the hope of coyotes (sorry folks, I keep clinging to that tidbit--only way I can figure to incorporate that tree, and I think it shows up in Dad's story because SOMETHING happened there), while he anxiously worked out Plan B (and maybe did some clean-up inside to destroy any evidence--sheets with vomit on them, blood evidence, whatever). MAYBE he did some google searches (hoping that he did--they would show up on the device) for likely dump sites, or maybe he just waited out an hour and when no coyotes appeared he hastily grabbed up the baby and whatever else he needed (blanket? weights? duffle bag?) and ran.

While I believe that the physical details (milk, tree) derive some some actual event (and needed to be covered in case they revealed something), I am not totally trusting of the timeline Dad provided. As in, the 15 minute timeframe in which he claims Sherin was unattended outside, seems self-serving, limiting her time out of supervision. Also the 3 AM to 8AM gap, while long, might have actually been much longer, collapsed in order to appear more of a "normal" response to a missing child.

I think this is what I've been trying to express...my hope that since they removed the Amber Alert, and don't appear to be in any particular hurry to form search parties or distribute flyers, and alert the public to 'finding' her...that LE may have a good inkling where she might be, and is quietly working on that.

And that angle, if it's what I think it is, is what gives me that 45% hope that she is (maybe) alive. (Keeping my thoughts on that angle private for now, per TOS).

I don't know that I'm sure what that angle you're thinking of is but I hope more than anything you are right.

Yes, sometimes it may look like LE are "dropping the ball", but most of the time there are bigger things than we could ever imagine being worked behind closed doors with these cases.

Thanks for the warm welcome &#128512;

I just can’t understand why Dad was so forthcoming with SO much information & incriminating information at that. In my opinion It wasnt to help LE as best as he possibly could in the hope of them finding Sherin as if this was the case he would have looked himself,frantically for the 5 hours he was doing laundry (which Mum apparently slept through)
To me,it just looks like he’s so obviously putting ALL blame on himself & NOTHING at all on Mum by saying she was asleep through the whole ordeal? (Which could of course be the case but I’m doubtful) Why wouldn’t he have woken Mum if knew his child was missing?
What’s also troubling is the dogs found no trace of Sherins scent! Babies don’t just vanish into thin air & even if you was to take dads story as the truth (the coyotes snatching her) there would still be a scent trace?? (& probably a trace of blood/hair I would have thought?)
This case reminds me of the baby Elaina Steinfurth case. I’m hoping Sherin hasn’t suffered the same fate as poor baby elaina did &#128546;
(All my opinion)

Quite a few of us believe his admittedly self-incriminating statement is because there is likely evidence which necessitates him having been forced to admitting to some things. We don't know for sure what those exact circumstances are. There's also a few of us who think that in order to be believable and perhaps in the vein of spontaneous utterances/feeling guilty, he admitted to part of what he did but is unable to admit to the whole of it, because the whole of it is simply too awful to admit to.

Thanks for the warm welcome &#128512;

I just can’t understand why Dad was so forthcoming with SO much information & incriminating information at that. In my opinion It wasnt to help LE as best as he possibly could in the hope of them finding Sherin as if this was the case he would have looked himself,frantically for the 5 hours he was doing laundry (which Mum apparently slept through)
To me,it just looks like he’s so obviously putting ALL blame on himself & NOTHING at all on Mum by saying she was asleep through the whole ordeal? (Which could of course be the case but I’m doubtful) Why wouldn’t he have woken Mum if knew his child was missing?
What’s also troubling is the dogs found no trace of Sherins scent! Babies don’t just vanish into thin air & even if you was to take dads story as the truth (the coyotes snatching her) there would still be a scent trace?? (& probably a trace of blood/hair I would have thought?)
This case reminds me of the baby Elaina Steinfurth case. I’m hoping Sherin hasn’t suffered the same fate as poor baby elaina did &#128546;
(All my opinion)

I mean,the only similarities at this stage between Sherin & Elainas cases are the lack of scent. Which,in Elainas case was because the poor baby’s body never left the residence,which does make me wonder if it is the same in this case! I wondering anyone knows if a in-depth search of the residence is followed through imminently or if warrenta have to be granted ect?
Although,having said that,if Mum/Dad have hidden poor Sherin at/in/around the property that wouldnt explain the misplaced hours.
Unless of course, something sinister happened closer to the 8am 911 call then the original 3am (or earlier) time that was origainally thought. Could they have been giving Sherin her morning bottle/milk which was refused by Sherin and the rest I don’t want to imagine,then hid her tiny body on the property,called 991 & thought of his far fetched,ridiculous cover story in a quick panic before LE arrived? (Still dads attempt to take any focus off Mum and all blame on himself in my opionion) That could possibly explain the lack of scent picked up by dogs & possibly why Sherin was dressed in normal clothing/flipflops (or half dressed as some report state she was wearing pj T-shirt) If they was early risers it wouldn’t be too strange to be getting dressed at around 7am(or if had plans for the day?) I know my toddlers just love to wake me up at 5:30/6am on a weekend.
Just some possibilities - all my opinion

But there was a cursory search of the home/property the morning of, then a thorough/detailed search a day or two later (with a warrant) where several bags of items were removed from the home.
Also, do we know for sure what scent (dead or alive) (sorry to be blunt) that dogs did or did not pick up? I remember hearing the scent didn't go beyond the home, but I don't remember LE saying whether it was the scent of alive or not alive.

Many MSM articles have cited the "Emmanuel Bible Chapel" in Irving, TX as the being the Mathews' church, however I can't find a church with that name in Irving? Does anyone know if it goes by a different name? I was going to Google Earth from their home to their church. TIA

Many MSM articles have cited the "Emmanuel Bible Chapel" in Irving, TX as the being the Mathews' church, however I can't find a church with that name in Irving? Does anyone know if it goes by a different name? I was going to Google Earth from their home to their church. TIA

In my opinion it is likely a 'home church' that doesn't have an official church building but meets at one or more church members' homes in Irving, having larger, "Inc." headquarters elsewhere in TX (with slight variation in name). But...can't say much more as my previous post concerning this was removed. I think the church they attend, though mentioned in media, is off-limits in the thread for now, in hopes of keeping away from "religious" discussion and all the tangled mess that might entail.

(ETA: they may even rent out/meet at a school or some other weekend-available facility which doesn't carry the church name with its address)

We have been unable to find a church by that exact name. It's possible that the media got it slightly wrong, but there is just no way of knowing what the actual name is. In any case, we were warned by a mod at some point about not sleuthing the church when we were discussing it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member