GUILTY WA - Dayvid Pakko, 6, autistic, Lynnwood, 17 Oct 2017 *Arrest*

Yep. It doesn't add up. The time frame of BF leaving, getting back, and what time Dayvid was reported missing. It took 30 seconds to drown him, according to autistic 19 year old's confession. I'm not a forensics expert, but I think it takes longer than that to drown someone.
My GOD. This just does not make sense.

It also said that the drowning, according to questioning of AH, didn't take place for about 40 minutes after the boyfriend left. Run a bathtub, convince (by force?) a 6-year old into the tub face down, hold for 30 seconds and then wait for 5 or 6 minutes (time would be hard to estimate I think).

Then place the child's body into a cardboard box and heft it out of the apartment and to the location of the dumpster. And then it said the boyfriend was back by around 3pm.

So that's not a huge window of opportunity.

Did any neighbors see anyone with a large cardboard box that appeared to be heavy?

While I am not suggesting AH is innocent (or guilty), I also think they need to take great care in asking questions of him and in their interpretation of his responses.

The few words in that article are not enough imo and could easily be elicited by someone giving answers that appear to be desired by the officers.

For instance, they've apparently tried to show he knows the consequences of holding someone under water. Then the police side is missing and only the answer "Kill him"....but what was the exact question that led to that response? Because that answer could be elicited by saying something to the effect of, "So you held the child under water, knowing full well that would lead to his death. Why would you do that? What was your intention?" Answer must be "to kill him", because that's the logical answer to the question, not necessarily that that was in his mind at the time or that that is what happened.

A judge ordered him held in lieu of $1 million bail for investigation of first-degree murder-domestic violence. He has not been charged.

“admitted … to filling a bathtub with water with the intention of drowning and killing” the child. The suspect wrapped Dayvid’s body in a blanket, put it in a box and threw it in the dumpster, yards from the boy’s front door, according to the document.

Detectives said they began focusing on the suspect when it was noticed that he walked away from the police activity around the dumpster after Dayvid’s body was found by a searcher.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...stions-police-account-of-lynnwood-boys-death/

My friend has a son who is in his early 20's with Asperger's. He's all about "what will the effect of my actions be".

For example, he started a fire in the garage. When asked why he said he wanted to see what would happen. He would say very inappropriate things at school to Teachers and when asked why he said he wanted to see how they would respond. His whole life has been like that.

I get that feel here a bit. I'm going to put this kid in the tub and see what happens.

Sigh....

Alyssa Bustamonte ho killed the little Olten girl said she did it because she waned to know what it felt like to kill someone.
I think whats going on here is more than Aspergers.

One of my closest friends is on the spectrum (high functioning). When my twin grandsons were born and their mom was disengaged, my friend stepped in as their "manny" and never once did we fear homicidal intent. My friend in fact is loving, caring, completely dependable. Autism has nothing to do with homicidal intent.

I totally agree!

Yep. It doesn't add up. The time frame of BF leaving, getting back, and what time Dayvid was reported missing. It took 30 seconds to drown him, according to autistic 19 year old's confession. I'm not a forensics expert, but I think it takes longer than that to drown someone.
My GOD. This just does not make sense.
Correction it took several minutes to drown him. Still it doesn't add up.

I am concerned whether they arrested the person who actually killed Dayvid. Of course there was a confession, but considering that he is quite young and also autistic, I am worried that they may have coerced him into admitting to something he didn't do. The mom's boyfriend's story is interesting. If it is true, why would he leave for more than a few minutes? The little guy is supposed to be sick and you're leaving him with a 19 year old relative that he doesn't know very well? That doesn't sit right with me.

Correction it took several minutes to drown him. Still it doesn't add up.

The police report is a little confusing to be fair. They say that he held him underwater for 30 seconds but left him in the tub for up to 6 minutes. Though I would suspect that 30 seconds is long enough to kill a small child. I do not know for sure.

The police report is a little confusing to be fair. They say that he held him underwater for 30 seconds but left him in the tub for up to 6 minutes. Though I would suspect that 30 seconds is long enough to kill a small child. I do not know for sure.

When I first read 30 seconds, I felt it has to be wrong. Think he could hold his breath for say 10 seconds at least and only 20 seconds to go unconscious. I don’t think that is accurate. It takes at least 3-4 minutes to choke someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probable Cause Doc:

https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/henckel-pc_redacted-003.pdf

On Monday, Dayvid was left in the care of his mother's boyfriend and his 19-year-old uncle.

In probable cause documents, Snohomish County sheriff's detectives say that when the boyfriend left to run errands about 2 p.m., the uncle developed a plan to kill Dayvid.

During questioning, the detectives said, the uncle admitted to police that he filled a bathtub and held Dayvid under the water. When Dayvid began to struggle and move around, the 19-year-old uncle told detectives he placed his knees on Dayvid's calves, documents reveal.

According to the documents, when asked what happened when someone drowns, the suspect told authorities, "Lungs fill with water" and "they die."

Authorities asked the uncle if he succeeded, to which he replied, "Yeah," according to documents.

The detectives said he gave no motive as to why he committed the murder.
Documents say the mother's boyfriend returned home about 3 p.m. Monday. Dayvid was gone and the uncle said he had taken a nap. The men searched inside and outside of the apartment for about 45 minutes before calling the police.
http://q13fox.com/2017/10/18/new-do...horrendous-murder-of-6-year-old-lynnwood-boy/

I continue to struggle with the evidence pointing to AH knowing he had done something wrong. AH seems to understand the consequence of what he did (lungs fill with water and they die). He restrained Dayvid when he began to struggle, indicating to me (IMO) that he did not want to release Dayvid who clearly wanted to be released. And he also covered up his act after by putting Dayvid into a cardboard box and putting the box into the apartment dumpster. When he saw LE focusing on the dumpster he moved away.

The danger I see here is making the public fear that someone labeled as autistic is a danger to children. AH's father is saying AH has no understanding of what he did. The evidence says differently. Should I be afraid? I don't know.

ETA: Apologies, I posted before reading all of the probable cause document. I'm doing that now and have more questions about the circumstances. I note that Dayvid was found without his pajama bottoms. This concerns me.

Going for an insanity defense. He can be educated to become competent. I do it. It’s possible. Pig. Rot. Maggot.

What do you mean you do it? Do what exactly?

One of my closest friends is on the spectrum (high functioning). When my twin grandsons were born and their mom was disengaged, my friend stepped in as their "manny" and never once did we fear homicidal intent. My friend in fact is loving, caring, completely dependable. Autism has nothing to do with homicidal intent.

I agree that Autism has nothing to do with homicidal intent. I was not suggesting that at all. In fact, I am well acquainted with several people on the spectrum.

What I was trying to say is that a 6 year old autistic child, home sick, was left with a person he had only met that week, who may not have had the best skills to deal with the situation at hand.

MOO

So there's an hour or less for all of this to happen? Without the boyfriend knowing or seeing anything? What a sweet boy. He didn't deserve any of this. Why??

According to FB this monster looks to have his own child mentality. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw that, too. It made me think the guy is not in touch with reality.

When I looked at his FB, and saw picture after picture of anime/pokemon/digiman etc, I thought the teen was likely to have Aspergers himself. So sad to have it confirmed and hear about the confession.

I do hope there is video of the confession and it was not coerced because he might be very easy to lead and be highly suggestible.

AH's FB seems to be gone now. But I looked at it very thoroughly when I first saw him named because I was so curious WHY it happened.

Almost every single picture, he posted since 2011, was of a fantasy type animated show. A lot of anime, and highly stylized creatures/dragons etc. His early years he liked Sonic HedgeHog and Pokemon and Digimon etc. And then years of Star Wars. And he loved the Beatles. but the past few years have been creatures/monsters/anime paintings/drawings.

And he was in his high school marching band but I am not sure what he played. But I think he was high functioning to be able to be in the marching band and be organized and effective and capable and reliable. And he did go to college for awhile.

So I think he has strong mental capabilities. But he seemed very focused on fantasy worlds and very into video games. He played Halo and a lot of other games but I should have taken a screen shot to be able to remember them all. He was in a lot of online video game forums for various games.

I get that AH's Dad doesn't want to believe his son could do this. And that perhaps he was questioned "wrong"....but give me a break...it seems pretty obvious he did it if he was able to tell police where the body was and whatnot.

It seems that someone thought him capable enough to baby sit, just moo!

Aspies function very well they like CERTAIN
AH's FB seems to be gone now. But I looked at it very thoroughly when I first saw him named because I was so curious WHY it happened.

Almost every single picture, he posted since 2011, was of a fantasy type animated show. A lot of anime, and highly stylized creatures/dragons etc. His early years he liked Sonic HedgeHog and Pokemon and Digimon etc. And then years of Star Wars. And he loved the Beatles. but the past few years have been creatures/monsters/anime paintings/drawings.

And he was in his high school marching band but I am not sure what he played. But I think he was high functioning to be able to be in the marching band and be organized and effective and capable and reliable. And he did go to college for awhile.

So I think he has strong mental capabilities. But he seemed very focused on fantasy worlds and very into video games. He played Halo and a lot of other games but I should have taken a screen shot to be able to remember them all. He was in a lot of online video game forums for various games.

Aspies are socially awkward ppl. Quiet withdrawn but they do gave melt downs like temper tantrums... I cant see this!

PPL with Aspergers get married have families of their own.... there is really no reason not to let him watch the young boy.
they are smart loving pple just socially withdrawn.... Many live at home all their lives groups of
friends that like the same things....
Something more seems to be going on here either he did not do this (someone else did)
Or there is some other problem this guy has.

JMO

Apparently, Joe, Mom's boyfriend ---he thought AH was capable enough to babysit. But did he really know him well enough to make that assessment?

What do you mean you do it? Do what exactly?

I work in a mental health prison. I teach competency restoration for trial. That is what I meant by I do it. Many autistic spectrum and ID individuals reach competency.

An insanity defense would be the legal term for knowing right from wrong at the time of the crime. An individual needs to be competent to go forward with that defense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back