Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comment from a Jacqueline Nolan

Yes that too!
CV was quicker to post about this POI, as I had to feed my dog! Lol

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

If the accused did have a mobile phone back then (and it's highly likely he'd have been an early adopter of the new technology given his profession and employer) - either work issued or private - it would be possible to examine records from that time to determine which cell towers he 'pinged' off and when. Possibly identify correlation between his location, locations girls went missing or were assaulted, discovery sites, as well as indicate other unusual travel routes at odd hours, interstate trips etc. I'm sure it would have been one of the first things both the police and Telstra checked. Huge potential evidentiary and alibi-busting value.

Bunnie,

Someone has posted this comment about a former taxi driver named Vernon. As a former employee for a taxi company are you able to ask former colleagues about this man?

I believe the police were on the right track with the taxi driver theory even more than they know. I believe the Claremont serial killer is a man named "Vernon" he drove taxi's around Perth throughout the 90's and well into the 2000s. His friends would know him as quiet man and heavy drinker, his girlfriend died under very suspicious and violent circumstances around 2005-6, no one was every charged. He is presently serving a min of 15yrs gaol after kicking his parents to death with his steel cap boots, in their home. It is rumoured, his father , a retired police officer had information about his sons involvement in the Claremont killings and wasn't going to stay quiet on the matter. I think he is an opportunist and a random killer, and those poor women just fitted his criteria at the time. I don't know that he was ever swabbed for DNA, he was always very good at flying under the radar.

http://www.thestarfish.com.au/the-claremont-killings-16-years-on/

Taxi driver Vernon Silich kicked his parents to death

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/tax...r/news-story/4d25ec95e2cda0c7b28732a7383ee309

http://www.smh.com.au/wa-news/jailt...-to-death-20110628-1goit.html?deviceType=text
Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

Yes that too!
CV was quicker to post about this POI, as I had to feed my dog! Lol

Janwa,

Thank you for letting us know. It was Janwa who first realized. Very interesting article about VS.

Janwa,

Thank you for letting us know. It was Janwa who first realized. Very interesting article about VS.

Ok then JanWA beat me too posting about VS!
Real life got in the way! (Hungry dog giving me sad doggy face!)
But hey, now I know at least 2 people read my posts! Woohoo!!!
[emoji253][emoji1317][emoji322][emoji322][emoji324][emoji324][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Ok then JanWA beat me too posting about VS!
Real life got in the way! (Hungry dog giving me sad doggy face!)
But hey, now I know at least 2 people read my posts! Woohoo!!!
[emoji253][emoji1317][emoji322][emoji322][emoji324][emoji324][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Spooks put me onto it. I've felt ill since I read it. As his mate says " A kick about fella"

Spooks put me onto it. I've felt ill since I read it. As his mate says " A kick about fella"

Gross!

I checked - this violent murderous taxi driver was discussed in WS CSK Thread #4. Apparently he was an ice addict too.

Just wondering if this incarcerated taxi driver VS has/had any connections to the accused BRE?

Just wondering if this incarcerated taxi driver VS has/had any connections to the accused BRE?

A possible accomplice with a taxi vehicle????

One thing I’ve always found very strange, the lack of sightings of SS, from the walk to the phone box and from that period up until she vanished. I used to go out a lot in Claremont, (albeit 10 years plus after this). Weekends, and Thursday nights were always busy in the streets at 2am with people walking home or stumbling around drunk. I used to live on Queenslea Drive, which at the top, facing onto St Highway in front of Christ Church Grammar School was the phone box I believe SS made the taxi call from. Walking that way at 2am and later in my experience, there were often people around that area walking further down the highway or just hanging around drunk. This also was Australia Day weekend! I thought this would be a very busy night. Was the area quieter in the 90s? It seems so strange to me that she could of potentially been bundled into a car or attacked in that area without someone seeing something. Even if she got in willingly to a car, surprised no one would be around to see this, or that the killer would be so brazen.

Did WAPOL keep or discard the DNA samples taken from taxi drivers???????

One thing I’ve always found very strange, the lack of sightings of SS, from the walk to the phone box and from that period up until she vanished. I used to go out a lot in Claremont, (albeit 10 years plus after this). Weekends, and Thursday nights were always busy in the streets at 2am with people walking home or stumbling around drunk. I used to live on Queenslea Drive, which at the top, facing onto St Highway in front of Christ Church Grammar School was the phone box I believe SS made the taxi call from. Walking that way at 2am and later in my experience, there were often people around that area walking further down the highway or just hanging around drunk. This also was Australia Day weekend! I thought this would be a very busy night. Was the area quieter in the 90s? It seems so strange to me that she could of potentially been bundled into a car or attacked in that area without someone seeing something. Even if she got in willingly to a car, surprised no one would be around to see this, or that the killer would be so brazen.

I went out lots in Claremont in 90's. I'm also surprised more people didn't see any of 3 victims abducted from Claremont.

Maybe WAPOL's excessive focus on the wrong POI led people to believe WAPOL had their man. Therefore any potential witnesses probably didn't phone in their concerns or observation!

Below are all the incidents where a taxi was mentioned….

1987 – Thu - 20 Aug - Sally Greenham - Aged 43 - 166cm (5’4”) Early AM after alighting a taxi in Adelaide Tce, Perth CBD. Had traveled from Geraldton (not in taxi). Near Fenians Pub - watoday

1994 – Oct – Unnamed – Aged 31 - At Princess Rd, woman leapt from speeding taxi after driver and another man crouched in back tried to abduct her. Broke ankle - mandm

1995 – Unnamed - Young woman got into a taxi in Claremont and the driver drove her to Claremont golf course where he forcibly stripped of her clothes, she escaped – sought help at nearby house. Websths

2001 – Thu - 15 Nov - Susan Christie – aged 42 - 163cm (5’3”) 10.30pm Last seen getting out of taxi at her home at Curry St, Jolimont. Had been to Wembley Hotel for wine purchase. watoday

These are only my thoughts and opinion.

A possible accomplice with a taxi vehicle????

Spooks , yes this attack too .
Quote:
"Princess Rd - October 31, 1994 (Monday) A 31-year-old woman got into a taxi near the club (Club Bayview). A man hiding in the back seat grabbed her, but she jumped from the car, breaking a leg. (1) A 31-year-old woman breaks her ankle when she leaps from a speeding taxi on Princess Rd, after the driver and another man try to attack her. (8) A 31-year-old hailed a taxi near the club (Club Bayview). (12) "

A collection from separate sources.

I went out lots in Claremont in 90's. I'm also surprised more people didn't see any of 3 victims abducted from Claremont.

Maybe WAPOL's excessive focus on the wrong POI led people to believe WAPOL had their man. Therefore any potential witnesses probably didn't phone in their concerns or observation!

Spooks,
I’m very curious to know if you think Claremont today is basically the same kind of town as in the 90s. I don’t mean just because of the effect of the CSK. I guess also I mean Perth as a whole. I only lived there between 2006-13 and was only 8 years old at the time of the crimes so I don’t remember the 90s well. I’m guessing Perth as a whole is a little less isolated now and like everywhere more globalised and more multicultural.

think they were kept on file for the case, i don't know if they entered on the database.

As for those trying to connect the parent killer taxi driver (impulse crime, anger explosion, heat of the moment) with CSK (orgsnised, planned, premeditated),personally i think you are trying to connect dots that are just not there.

During the 1980’s most hotels had a band on a Friday or Saturday night and a Sunday session. I can recall three night clubs within the southern suburbs…

1. Knight Club - alongside Kwinana Fwy Como (alongside Frenchy's restaurant - it was there for years)
2. Studio 7 - Epsom Ave/Hardy Rd, Belmont (it was called something 7)
3. Gosnells Hotel, Fremantle Rd (upstairs was a nightclub)

Popular Hotels near Huntingdale
Southern River Tavern and the Thornlie Hotel
Lynwood Hotel in Ferndale Cres
(Lakers Tavern Thornlie was built about 1992)

Hotels within the southern suburbs

Cannington Hotel and Waverley Hotel (Albany Hwy, Cannington)
Boomerang Hotel (now Bentley Hotel)
Kewdale Hotel, Kewdale Rd
Manning Hotel (Mt Henry Tavern)
South Perth’s Windsor Hotel
Forrestfield (two in Forrestfield)
Perth Airport

Victoria Park
(Albany Hwy and closer to Perth CBD). Popular venues were Irene’s Park Tavern and the Briar Patch. The rest were very quiet hotels: Broken Hill, Black Forest, Victoria Park & Balmoral.

Studio7 was an extremely popular place in its time. .. but i would hardly call it a nightclub. It was a male strip club and nearly every hens night in Perth found there way there at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304