Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
These photos show a very healthy environment for the family.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/22/00/458703E300000578-5004737-image-a-19_1508627567880.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/22/00/458703B600000578-5004737-image-a-20_1508627572707.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/18/16/4574FECE00000578-4991180-image-a-23_1508338814424.jpg

I don't see any reason for the children to be transferred to the USA when there is such a beautiful, book full, calm loving home in Canada. In Canada, the family has health care regardless of employment, including psychiatric care. In the USA "other health professionals" is an optional plan - meaning not always available - but it is guaranteed in Canada. The entire family needs support and access to health professionals immediately and very likely for a long time to come - especially their children.

Even though she has fond memories or her York home, Boyle has fond memories of his childhood home. They probably should have discussed this before having two countries between them plus children in a third or fourth country [Pakistan, Afghanistan, USA, Canada].

An email correspondence from Boyle said that he believed Coleman would enjoy speaking on memories of home.

So he suggested to her to speak of her childhood memories to the media, and she did.

This is just odd. He treats her like a child. jmo

Maybe she is ok with that.

For me, it is odd to hear someone speak of their childhood after having just spent 5 years in captivity with a terrorist group.

Of course these are lovely memories but, ehem, not really what people want to hear right now? If she's not ready to speak about her time in Afghanistan she should just say so. Just moo.

Glad to see though that her mom has visited her. That must have been wonderful for both of them.

Here’s what three attorneys said to CNN about the rights of citizens and noncitizens at the border last February when the travel ban was announced. I assume most of this applies, travel ban or not. If JB had anything to hide, he wouldn’t want to come across the border.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/us/border-legal-rights-faq-trnd/index.html[/video]

And here is more regarding detention reasons, one of which would be terrorist activity.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclop...ion-customs-hold-noncitizen-without-bond.html

Wow! The border takes away any privacy. Scary!

From the Daily Mail link:

The head of the CIA, Mike Pompeo, expressed the belief among government officials in both the US and Canada that the family was not freed in a daring raid in Afghanistan, but that the release was coordinated and staged in Pakistan.

Hence the continual use of the word "alleged" in all references to their captivity and escape.

Sheesh. What the heck was the entire "thing" about? I just don't trust this guy. And, I'm not sure I trust his wife, even though others are thinking he controls her. JMO. I truly hope that I am wrong.

Thank You. You expressed it better than I.

He would have raised some interested by the Cdn gov't when he married into the al Qaeda linked Khadr family back in 2009 (whose family members have been on the US's terror list because of their involvement in the 9/11 bombings, or detained in Guantanamo or resisting extradition to the US)
IF the Cdn gov't looked him during the time of his marriage to Zaynab they found no suspicious activity. She on the other hand was under investigation by the RCMP for terror-related offenses but never charged before she moved to Turkey in 2012

.https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/01/31/omar-khadrs-sister-zaynab-detained-in-turkey.html
BBM

If the Canadian govt found any suspicious activity by JB, they kept mum about it. I think (guessing) that it has to rise to a certain level before anything can be done.

This article dated 8/28/17 gives the latest on Zanayb when her brother Omar applied to have contact with her. She has moved on from Turkey.

The sister was last in the news in 2016 when she was briefly imprisoned in Turkey. According to Omar’s affidavit, the detention was over an expired visa. He says she then moved with her current husband to Malaysia, gave birth in Egypt and now lives in Sudan, a country ruled by a hard-line Islmist government. She is planning to visit Canada in the near future, he said.

BBM

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...once-defended-911-attacks-comes-to-fore-again

Hence the continual use of the word "alleged" in all references to their captivity and escape.

Sheesh. What the heck was the entire "thing" about? I just don't trust this guy. And, I'm not sure I trust his wife, even though others are thinking he controls her. JMO. I truly hope that I am wrong.

Going along with your quote, also from the Daily Mail link...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ple-freed-Pakistan-pictured-playing-home.html

Washington suspects Pakistan of collusion with the Haqqani group, a hardline Taliban faction that targets the US-backed government in Kabul and is thought to have held the hostages.
Pakistani officials secured the family's release last week, just ahead of a key visit next week by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson during which he is expected to pressure Islamabad.
Some US and Canadian officials have cast doubt on whether the family was rescued, hinting in North American media that the recovery was more of a 'negotiated handover.'
BBM

<modsnip>

So he suggested to her to speak of her childhood memories to the media, and she did.

This is just odd. He treats her like a child. jmo

Maybe she is ok with that.

For me, it is odd to hear someone speak of their childhood after having just spent 5 years in captivity with a terrorist group.

Of course these are lovely memories but, ehem, not really what people want to hear right now? If she's not ready to speak about her time in Afghanistan she should just say so. Just moo.

Glad to see though that her mom has visited her. That must have been wonderful for both of them.

It's absurd that he is chasing the media with photos of his hospitalized wife, and she weighs in to state that she feels pressured by the media to speak.

Can someone please explain to her that it is her husband who is making a fuss for the media, and the media that is stunned with his rantings.

What sort of lovely memories are afforded a couple who trekked to ISIS territory for kicks while pregnant and who then chose to raise a family with that ISIS faction?

Going along with your quote, also from the Daily Mail link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ple-freed-Pakistan-pictured-playing-home.html

Washington suspects Pakistan of collusion with the Haqqani group, a hardline Taliban faction that targets the US-backed government in Kabul and is thought to have held the hostages.

Pakistani officials secured the family's release last week, just ahead of a key visit next week by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson during which he is expected to pressure Islamabad.

Some US and Canadian officials have cast doubt on whether the family was rescued, hinting in North American media that the recovery was more of a 'negotiated handover.'
<modsnip>

Was it an expulsion, or a rescue.
The USA portrayed it as a rescue, while at the same time stating that this was controlled transfer.

"Former hostage Joshua Boyle says he and his wife decided to have children in captivity because they always planned to have a big family and decided, “Hey, let’s make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family.”

I find it very interesting that Boyle was so sure they'd be going home.

Something is not right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried for 2 years to conceive my 3rd child, our first boy.
My dream family consisted of Mom, Dad, happy and healthy children.
Comfortable, not wealthy but not overly struggling.
A yard to play in, resources to learn from, healthy food to eat.
A roof over our head... whether it was 500 square feet or 3,500 sqaure feet didn't matter.

The CIRCUMSTANCES played a large part in my "dream family."
Did all the dreams end up playing out as planned? Of course not.
However, I am confident I didn't ever intentionally put my children in harms way.

Maybe they (the couple) wanted her to stay pregnant as much as possible in the hopes she wouldn't be raped??

Grasping at straws to make sense of the decision to have children in captivity.

jmopinion, speculation, guesswork

Since we know that she had already given birth once... I can't imagine this being HER motive. I would guess she already had maternal instincts. HE doesn't appear to show much care for her at all so I can't see it being his motive either.

I would gladly be raped rather than bring more babies into captivity.

Their youngest baby... she's so tiny. "Around 6 months old." I hope somebody knows when she was actually born. I cannot imagine raising a baby in that circumstance. I hope that all 3 kids are hospitalized with her soon.

I had to try for 2 years for my 3rd child. I was so worried things would not be perfect for him. If I KNEW my baby would be being raised in a cell? There is simply no way I'd ever want that to occur and I would do whatever I could to prevent it from occurring.

My parents would have been in Canada before my own plane touched down.
Disliking son in law aside, there is nothing that would have kept them from coming.
I hope they are waiting in order to bring them to the U.S.... but I'm not sure how they are resisting the urge to rush to their daughter and grandkids.

Also I was a bit peeved at my husband today.
He's looking way better after reading this thread. :gaah:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/22/00/458703E300000578-5004737-image-a-19_1508627567880.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/22/00/458703B600000578-5004737-image-a-20_1508627572707.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/18/16/4574FECE00000578-4991180-image-a-23_1508338814424.jpg

I don't see any reason for the children to be transferred to the USA when there is such a beautiful, book full, calm loving home in Canada. In Canada, the family has health care regardless of employment, including psychiatric care. In the USA "other health professionals" is an optional plan - meaning not always available - but it is guaranteed in Canada. The entire family needs support and access to health professionals immediately and very likely for a long time to come - especially their children.

Even though she has fond memories or her York home, Boyle has fond memories of his childhood home. They probably should have discussed this before having two countries between them plus children in a third or fourth country [Pakistan, Afghanistan, USA, Canada].

I’ve already assured you the family would have more than sufficient care in PA. I’ve provided you the links.

You think they have a safe loving home with a man who is quite possibly an extremist???? A man who took his pregnant wife on probably the most unsafe trip known to man?

I do wonder if his parent's home is just another prison for her? More comfortable but still a prison.

I think so too. I think he deliberately sought out this group of extremists, believing that they would welcome him with open arms and make him a leader.

I think 1 of two things happened ~

He sought the extremists out and was shocked to learn that his only value to them was that of a hostage.

or

The hostage situation was always his intent and a pregnant C was the sacrificial lamb.

This guy had nothing to offer except for perhaps his wife.

The only thing that is obvious to me is that he lacks any sort of protective instinct for his wife and children. If C was raped. Why share that with the media? It's not his story to tell! I suspect if she was raped and if it's not part of his storyline it's because he feels disrespected as her husband. But his outrage has nothing to do with her and everything to do with him.

And don't even get me started on expanding the family...

I&#8217;ve already assured you the family would have more than sufficient care in PA. I&#8217;ve provided you the links.

You think they have a safe loving home with a man who is quite possibly an extremist???? A man who took his pregnant wife on probably the most unsafe trip known to man?

Thank you. It is from those links that I learned that other health professional care is not covered by medicaid, which I assume includes psychiatric care. They have a safe loving home with his parents, just like they would probably have with her parents.

Why are we assuming that Caitlin was completely incapable of making decisions at the time she flew to Russia?

He talks such gobbly-gook and leaves people more puzzled than before....which is his habit. He likes to do that, imo.

Man from the West? From where? How did he get involved with the kidnappers?

JB has discussions with him and it sounds like he enjoyed his company, though the man hurt his children and wife? Sounds like JB admires this Man from the West who leaves to find a better, truer group, but his wife is unable to forgive (which can be construed as a bit of a putdown of his wife if forgiveness is expected in whatever faith they now hold).

The way he describes this person and scenario leaves you wondering what the heck he's talking about.

If JB intends to write a book, I suggest he hone his storytelling techniques.

Jmopinion at the moment.

I

Bizarre. Almost like he's talking in some scrambled code. But to who? Since I assume that he's being watched - talking to the media may be the only way he can communicate. With who? I have no idea... kidnappers, ex-wife...

Going along with your quote, also from the Daily Mail link...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ple-freed-Pakistan-pictured-playing-home.html

BBM

<modsnip>

Was it an expulsion, or a rescue.
The USA portrayed it as a rescue, while at the same time stating that this was controlled transfer.

To add the the above posts. back on page 13 I posted about this statement that Josh made during an interview he said that the captors told him that the family was going to be released that day. This was before the rescue by Pakistan officials

So now I am confused, was it a rescue or was it a negotiated pre arranged release between Pakistan the the captors?

Here is the artifice

.http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/freed-hostage-joshua-boyle-afghanistan-interview-1.4357341. OCTOBER 16 and 17, 2017

Boyle described in the interview how last Wednesday, guards came for them and bundled the family into a car &#8212; parents in the trunk with their infant daughter, separated by a partition from their two boys, ages two and four respectively.

Boyle was given the news that they were going to be freed almost five years to the day of their capture. But as they approached a checkpoint in Pakistan, guards asked to open the trunk and the captors' car sped away with several vehicles in pursuit. A gun battle followed.

<respectfully snipped for focus>

My parents would have been in Canada before my own plane touched down.
Disliking son in law aside, there is nothing that would have kept them from coming.
I hope they are waiting in order to bring them to the U.S.... but I'm not sure how they are resisting the urge to rush to their daughter and grandkids.

I believe her Mom has been to see her, as reported upthread yesterday? I suspect she may not want to see her Dad, since he has spoken out so forcefully against her husband. Or JB has made it clear he&#8217;s not welcome. Or they&#8217;ve decided to tread lightly. Or all of the above.
JMO

Although Canadians, including the RCMP, are portrayed as buffoons in Canadian comedy,that is comedy, not reality. Canada has a sophisticated terrorist oversight system similar to any other first world country, such as Britain, with the significant different being that Canada has a small population for it's land size - making it easier to hide.

Boyle must have sympathized with Islam extremists to marry Omar Khadr's sister. Omar recently made a request that he be allowed to meet with his sister without supervision. I'd have to double check to be sure, but I believe that request was denied because she has extremist views. I suspect that Boyle was attracted to her because of her extremist views, and that he still holds those beliefs.

I strongly suspect that he believed he could join extremists and be the big shot, the leader, the man with authority, on what it is to be Islam. We don't know anything about how he and his wife lived during the last five years. What we know is that he complained that the religious variant of Islam of the first group he encountered [kidnappers] was not in agreement with Boyle's beliefs. We've heard that in two ways. First, he claims there was a Westerner who joined them - not a kidnap victim - who then went on to tell ISIS that rape and murder were practiced by Islam extremists ... apparently Boyle didn't know this. Second, one of his first media rantings was about the group's practices versus Islam, that they claimed to be Muslim, but their behaviors were out of step with his truer [because of his relationship to Khadr's sister?] Muslim beliefs.

Did his relationship with his first wife keep him alive all these years? Was there some extremist view that Omar Khadr is a man to be respected, and a man married to his sister should also be respected?

Did his kidnappers ply him by hurting his children? There's something there too, as he has reference that one of the children is very traumatized. What happened?

Was Boyle speaking to the media because he is too paranoid to speak to health care workers, yet at the same time he needs to talk about his experience in order to function?

BBM
He was denied Unsupervised visits with her but he can use internet freely.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3746895/...-conditions-visits-with-controversial-sister/ Sept 15, 2017
Omar Khadr visits with sister remain restricted, but can use internet freely

Former Guantanamo Bay detainee Omar Khadr has been denied unsupervised visits with his controversial older sister who has expressed support for al-Qaida.
She is reportedly planning a trip to Canada, and the rules of Khadr’s bail allow him to meet with her but only in the presence of his bail supervisor or one of his lawyers.

Omar Khadr wasn't the only Khadr son to be held by the US at Guantanamo. Statements at the end of the article are from Zaynab and her mother.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/we-are-an-al-qaeda-family-khadr-son-1.472778 March 2004

'We are an al-Qaeda family': Khadr son

A Canadian who was released from Guantanamo Bay in October says he lied about his family's ties with al-Qaeda and that he was trained to become a suicide bomber.

In a documentary aired Wednesday on CBC's The National, Abdurahman Khadr said his father was old friends with al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and that his brothers attended terrorist training camps.

To add the the above posts. back on page 13 I posted about this statement that Josh made during an interview he said that the captors told him that the family was going to be released that day. This was before the rescue by Pakistan officials

So now I am confused, was it a rescue or was it a negotiated pre arranged release between Pakistan the the captors?

Here is the artifice

.http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/freed-hostage-joshua-boyle-afghanistan-interview-1.4357341. OCTOBER 16 and 17, 2017

Boyle described in the interview how last Wednesday, guards came for them and bundled the family into a car — parents in the trunk with their infant daughter, separated by a partition from their two boys, ages two and four respectively.

Boyle was given the news that they were going to be freed almost five years to the day of their capture. But as they approached a checkpoint in Pakistan, guards asked to open the trunk and the captors' car sped away with several vehicles in pursuit. A gun battle followed.
I keep wondering if this is a case of Red Chief?

(The Ransom of Red Chief by O Henry)

MOO

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I believe her Mom has been to see her, as reported upthread yesterday? I suspect she may not want to see her Dad, since he has spoken out so forcefully against her husband. Or JB has made it clear he’s not welcome. Or they’ve decided to tread lightly. Or all of the above.
JMO

I wonder if perhaps he's not ready to see her? A parent will always love his/her child i.e fight for her release. But a parent will not always like what his/her child has done. Idk. It's strange but I suspect that her father was clued into a few things by U.S. intelligence over the years....

I also wonder if C can only handle perhaps her mother's love/touch at this point. I'm sure the situation is completely overwhelming. C's parents aren't just dealing with the physical and emotional needs of their daughter. But the needs of 3 young children as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member