FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
WFLA News Channel 8

Published on Oct 25, 2017 Sister of Seminole Heights murder victim speaks about keeping her sibling’s memory alive
[video=youtube;Jj6rRJTQnsE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj6rRJTQnsE[/video]

I have idenified a named possible suspect in thise 3 murders.
Today I have notified Tampa Police department.

This possible suspect has a long criminal record.
This possible suspect has a personal connection to murder victim Monica Hoffa.

He is:

A white male
Current Age: 29
Height: 6′ 1″
Weight: 180 lb

And he live 2 miles S/W of where Monica Hoffa's body was found.

Is there any known description, hight/weight/race, of the Tampa serial killer?

Actually in my notes I believe I had the time of death for all 3 of the victims believed to be around 9:00 p.m. .. No time to post the info with sources now but will try later tonight.
Victims:
Benjamin Edward Mitchell, 22yo [1] [5]
Monica Caridad Hoffa, 32yo [1] [2]
Anthony Taino Naiboa, 20yo, autistic [1] [7]

Timeline:
Sun 08 Oct 2017 - HART bus route changes went into effect [15]
Mon 09 Oct 2017 approx. 21:00 - Benjamin Mitchell killed. [7]
Weds 11 Oct 2017 approx. 21:00 - Monica Hoffa believed to have been killed based on witness memory of gunshots. [7]
Fri 13 Oct 2017 - Monica Hoffa found. [4]
Thurs 19 Oct 2017 approx. 20:00 - Anthony Naiboa killed. [6]
Fri 20 Oct 2017 approx. 00:30 - Police entered at least one area home "looking for a body," [6]
Fri 20 Oct 2017 approx. 11:00 - Press Conference by Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan [7] [16]
Mon 23 Oct 2017 approx. 19:00 - Community Meeting [17]

Other details relevant to current discussions:

Hoffa's body was found on the 1000 block of E. New Orleans Avenue — about six blocks west of the Ellicott Street bus stop on the No. 9 line [6]

Police declined to say whether there is any connection between the type of weapon or ammunition used in the killings. [6]

Joy Dupree lives around the corner from two of the shootings. She could hear the shots. Three the first time, she said, and one gunshot Thursday night. [8]

Sources:
[1] Source1
[2] Source2
[4] Source4
[5] Source5
[6] Source6
[7] Source7
[8] Source8
[15] Source15
[16] Source16
[17] Source17

I have a named possible suspect in thise 3 murders.
Today I have notified Tampa Police department.

This possible suspect has a long criminal record.
This possible suspect has a personal connection to Monica Hoffa.

He is:

A white male
Current Age: 29
Height: 6′ 1″
Weight: 180 lb

And he live 2 miles S/W of where Monica Hoffa's body was found.

Is there any known description, hight/weight/race, of the Tampa serial killer?

Not exactly.

IF the person in the released video is the perp though (which may or may not be the case), physically the guy you described might match up.

My personal estimate of the person in the video is a man of indeterminate age and race, 6'0 to 6'4", 160-180lbs.

The person in the video is pretty thin, I would think if they were 6'1" that 180 would be a little heavy, but not out of the question.

Also several on here think the person in the video is black, but I don't see anything to suggest race one way or another.

Also I live in Tampa. The area is definitely a rough area although up and coming due to the proximity to downtown. I was in that area earlier this month and saw a man holding a gun in his pocket while walking around the street. 6 pm at night , still light out. It’s also been extremely hot out even at night until yesterday.

No, I think one victim was shot once and the other victim three times ? No idea if Monica was from that neighb. I did notice that the homeowner who heard the 5 gunshots did not mention hearing any screams, so it seems like Monica was taken completely by surprise. the original report said that she had extensive chest damage, so she wasn't shot from behind, I guess.

"Extensive chest damage", close range shooting? This is the thing that I wondered about--did he walk up to them or hide in the bushes and shot them at close range or did he shoot them from across the road or further.

Also I live in Tampa. The area is definitely a rough area although up and coming due to the proximity to downtown. I was in that area earlier this month and saw a man holding a gun in his pocket while walking around the street. 6 pm at night , still light out. It’s also been extremely hot out even at night until yesterday.

So there would be no reason to be bundled up like the person in the video on the night of Oct. 9? What was the weather like that night?

I just had another thought. Could one of the killings be a targetted killing and then the others were done to throw the police off?

So there would be no reason to be bundled up like the person in the video on the night of Oct. 9? What was the weather like that night?

Nope. Weather underground shows it was 91 and low of 80 October 9. It would have been muggy and hot 85-87 ish at that hour.

This is what I'm thinking. I'm really leaning towards 18-22 year old male that still lives at home that always has wanted to kill and finally did it. I think they are close to his home and it has nothing to do with bus routes. It's completely random just whomever is around. Maybe he thought about raping Monica so he took her off, but then chickened out and just shot her.

I do find the comment about the stepbrothers oddly specific.

I live about 45 minutes from here and last night was the first night I could imagine anyone wearing a jacket, even at night. It's been hot.

Is it a female wearing a hijab and a fitted long jacket?

It is possible. And this person has been described as a possible witness to Benjamin Mitchell's murder. If she/he hasn't come forward it's likely because she/he is very frightened. jmo

I have seen people wearing hoodies, knit hats, long pants, and heavy winter clothes in the middle of summer in Tampa.
I don't know how they can stand it with the high humidity. Possibly addicts that have low body fat, poor circulation? Anyone else like to speculate how one could wear that much clothes when it's hot and humid?

I have seen people wearing hoodies, knit hats, long pants, and heavy winter clothes in the middle of summer in Tampa.
I don't know how they can stand it with the high humidity. Possibly addicts that have low body fat, poor circulation? Anyone else like to speculate how one could wear that much clothes when it's hot and humid?

If it’s a hijab then she would wear it despite the weather. It looks like a men’s middle eastern outfit as well- due to the length of the jacket. It doesn’t look like a typical jacket for a guy- they usually wear something shorter. Or if long it would be oversized with the droopy pants. I don’t see that here

This is what I'm thinking. I'm really leaning towards 18-22 year old male that still lives at home that always has wanted to kill and finally did it. I think they are close to his home and it has nothing to do with bus routes. It's completely random just whomever is around. Maybe he thought about raping Monica so he took her off, but then chickened out and just shot her.

I do find the comment about the stepbrothers oddly specific.

Or random, off the top of his head. I got the impression it came out of frustration with the case.

I just had another thought. Could one of the killings be a targetted killing and then the others were done to throw the police off?

I believe that is possible, it is actually my theory, and I informed police about that when I sent them tip yesterday on a specific suspect who have connection to murder victim Monica, whom I believe was the real target and that the other
two victims, one shot before Monica and one shot after Monica, were killed to throw the police off.

I believe that is possible, it is actually my theory, and I informed police about that when I sent them tip yesterday on a specific suspect who have connection to murder victim Monica, whom I believe was the real target and that the other
two victims, one shot before Monica and one shot after Monica, were killed to throw the police off.

Cannot find a link, but last night briefly caught Nancy Grace on tv saying that she thought perp was likely male and white. Thought about your previous post stated something similar and hoped you would come back with a teensy bit more info.
imo, speculation.

Eta Wondering if " witness " seen on cctv is all covered up on a hot night to hide tattoos?

First post here, hello all. Thought I'd add my 2 cents in. Could possibly have had or has scoliosis. I've had it for years, and the "corrective" surgery makes me walk in a similar fashion. Wild idea, but who knows?
Hmmm, something to think about.

:welcome6: to Websleuths, Roadieb!! We're glad you're here!!

:happydance::happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members