FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody recognizes this guy, especially if he lives in the neighborhood or nearby.
Somebody recognizes the longish jacket (which is kind of unusual for a young guy these days), the pants the way he's dressed, how he walks, slender and tallish, hint of his profile....but nobody's talking.

Or maybe they are and LE s not saying.

Is there a reward for info? I can't remember. Maybe somebody is waiting for a reward to be announced.
http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...ate-killings-in-seminole-heights/67-484796193

A reward is already being offered - $25,000.

Anyone with information on the crimes is asked to call the police. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and Crime Stoppers are also offering an $25,000 reward for tipsters at 1(800)873-8477.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...ate-killings-in-seminole-heights/67-484796193

A reward is already being offered - $25,000.

Reward has gone up to $35,000.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...elease-additional-video-from-recent-homicides
Dugan said his detectives are reviewing hours and hours of video. He hopes someone will step forward with information that will help them solve this investigation.

"The bottom line is that this person may be completely innocent, but we want to talk to you,” Dugan said.

Dugan also announced the reward is now at least $35,000 for information that leads to the arrest of the Seminole Heights Killer. If any residents or businesses have surveillance video that might assist detectives, they are asked to call Tampa Police at 813-231-6130.
rbbm.

I'm shocked that the video Chief Dugan is showing is literally labelled at the top something like Suspect_PhoneFlip_Running while he's telling everybody in the room that the person on video is just a person of interest right now and nothing else.

It's quite something to hear him reiterate in the video here : http://cbs12.com/news/local/tampa-police-release-new-video-in-search-for-possible-serial-killer over and over again that the guy isn't a suspect yet while the video they actually made is labelling him as such.

Is it a subtle message to him or something that they know almost certainly that he's the killer and that they're coming for him? Of course his behaviour is suspicious and he probably was the one to pull the trigger, I just found the blatant contradiction so interesting.

I'm surprised nobody here has commented on it unless I'm being naive and it's not a big deal

Somebody recognizes this guy, especially if he lives in the neighborhood or nearby.
Somebody recognizes the longish jacket (which is kind of unusual for a young guy these days), the pants the way he's dressed, how he walks, slender and tallish, hint of his profile....but nobody's talking.

Or maybe they are and LE s not saying.

Is there a reward for info? I can't remember. Maybe somebody is waiting for a reward to be announced.

Actually the long or tunic length jacket or hoodie is a current popular trend for young men in the hiphop or skater type fashion looks....https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/long-length-hoodies.html

The running videos are really revealing. I also 100% agree with track running. Measured strides, good speed and technique. Reminds me of runners in the final stretch of the 400/800m. Hopefully LE have picked up on that and will check local teams records to try and find possible matches. However, I imagine there are many, tall, slim, athletic, long-limbed runners.

As for the phone - I don't think the flip is useful at all. To me it looks like the POI is doing this:

[video]https://youtu.be/eT7PmvIH8os[/video]

I just recorded this video. I'm also a young male, and I have a habit of doing this a lot with my phone. I also have a couple of friends off the top of my head who do the same. To me this is too broad a habit to be able to narrow it down much. But hey, never say never - we can hope.

Interesting point and great visual!! Thanks for this. Was hard for me to imagine since I’d probably ending dropping my phone while attempting

Do you think this young man is taking that long trench coat thing literally and imagining himself an assassin? Did you see the one coat at your link? "Assassin's Creed"? OMG.

That comes from the highly popular video game so I wouldn't necessarily make a direct connection. However, it might help to generalize an age range from that type of trendy attire.

That comes from the highly popular video game so I wouldn't necessarily make a direct connection. However, it might help to generalize an age range from that type of trendy attire.

Exactly what I mean, some kid who played violent video games all day

Interesting point and great visual!! Thanks for this. Was hard for me to imagine since I’d probably ending dropping my phone while attempting
No worries, glad it helped. I tried to describe this action before as "using a phone as a fidget spinner", but it's hard to describe!

I'm shocked that the video Chief Dugan is showing is literally labelled at the top something like Suspect_PhoneFlip_Running while he's telling everybody in the room that the person on video is just a person of interest right now and nothing else.

It's quite something to hear him reiterate in the video here : http://cbs12.com/news/local/tampa-police-release-new-video-in-search-for-possible-serial-killer over and over again that the guy isn't a suspect yet while the video they actually made is labelling him as such.

Is it a subtle message to him or something that they know almost certainly that he's the killer and that they're coming for him? Of course his behaviour is suspicious and he probably was the one to pull the trigger, I just found the blatant contradiction so interesting.

I'm surprised nobody here has commented on it unless I'm being naive and it's not a big deal
I noticed that, too.
Upper left of screen:
suspectwalking_phoneflip_running
http://cbs12.com/news/local/tampa-police-release-new-video-in-search-for-possible-serial-killer

This is 23 minutes long but interesting. Looks to me the left foot turns inward on the video walker/runner.
[video=youtube;PZBiv0uSXVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZBiv0uSXVg[/video]

Hmmmm....read the entire thread so far:

I'm thinking possibly a light weight "boxer"....he's all garbed up like he's out doing some of his stamina training, he's got the "pecs" and the walk.

You know how phones have night vision/pics and video you can shoot at night? They pick up the IR illuminators from security cameras. Is he using that to avoid looking into a security camera? He'd be able to catch the "illumination" on his phone screen.
Most home security systems have a limited "sharp" image after 15'.

sh.jpg

The video shows a time stamp and a location which means this guy spent at least 6 minutes at the bus stop before running back. If they weren't at the stop, they'd have made it at least 2 more blocks before the shooting.

This person couldn't have been running from the shooting because they'd have either been there or been past it needing to take a different route.

Attachments

• sh.jpg
    sh.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 264
attachment.php

The video shows a time stamp and a location which means this guy spent at least 6 minutes at the bus stop before running back. If they weren't at the stop, they'd have made it at least 2 more blocks before the shooting.

This person couldn't have been running from the shooting because they'd have either been there or been past it needing to take a different route.

Do we have an exact time within that 6-minute span that the shooting actually took place though? (Or in other words, do we know for sure that the shooting happened at 8:55 rather than 8:59?)

Because if it could potentially have been later in the period between time stamps, I feel like if I was going to shoot someone at a bus stop I'd definitely consider taking a loop around the block beforehand to see if there were people about and/or assess alternative escape paths.

Even more so if I knew what the bus schedule was and was confident the guy would still be there when I came back around.

Do we have an exact time within that 6-minute span that the shooting actually took place though? (Or in other words, do we know for sure that the shooting happened at 8:55 rather than 8:59?)

Because if it could potentially have been later in the period between time stamps, I feel like if I was going to shoot someone at a bus stop I'd definitely consider taking a loop around the block beforehand to see if there were people about and/or assess alternative escape paths.

Even more so if I knew what the bus schedule was and was confident the guy would still be there when I came back around.

sh.jpg

I updated my image--it was meant to read 8 minutes between camera appearances.

Assuming the camera clock was accurate, he ran back down the street and by that camera at about 9:01 making the shooting likely between 8:59 and 9:00.
He had at least 5 minutes to walk past and back by the bus stop or to hide nearby it. In that time he could have walked 3/4 blocks and been back in time to shoot and then start running.

attachment.php

I updated my image--it was meant to read 8 minutes between camera appearances.

Assuming the camera clock was accurate, he ran back down the street and by that camera at about 9:01 making the shooting likely between 8:59 and 9:00.
He had at least 5 minutes to walk past and back by the bus stop or to hide nearby it. In that time he could have walked 3/4 blocks and been back in time to shoot and then start running.

Oh god, sorry I can't read haha I totally misunderstood your original post.

I thought you were saying he couldn't be the shooter based on the time stamps, I realize now you're saying he couldn'd be a witness.

I'm not going to go 100% on that notion, but yeah I agree with you it makes it overwhelmingly unlikely.

That's a great call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member