GUILTY OH - Melinda Pleskovic, 49, murdered in her Strongsville home, 23 Oct 2017

I agree that it is implied the bat was placed in the track like you said. However, I am reluctant to believe a hollow piece of plastic would act as a stick would to prevent the door from being opened. Perhaps I am wrong. I don't suppose you have a wiffle ball bat lying around and could try it in your door? I just imagine someone who really wanted to get in would be able to surpass that obstacle.

I don't think we are allowed to sleuth the husband (yet), but my hinky meter is setting off blaring alarms with him!!

My hubby (construction guy) said that a wiffle ball bat placed in the tract of a sliding glass door would prevent the door from opening provided that the bat’s plastic was intact. I have personally seen both plastic tubes & broom stick handles placed in the tracts of sliding glass doors as a “lock” of sorts.

(He also said that it is possible to pull the operating panel out on a sliding glass door; depending on the manufacturer & installation).

In the 911 call, the husband simply does not sound interested in saving Melinda whatsoever. Just a plain "No" when the dispatcher asks he perform CPR. Very strange and unusual, IMO.

Yes, it was very bizarre. He wasn't crying or really even upset. More angry (if that is even to be believed), but definitely not sad or distraught his wife has been brutally murdered.

On another note, why would a random killer stab someone if he had a gun?

I found it odd Melinda's obituary asks for monetary donations to be made at a local bank. I'm sure being a teacher provides her with life insurance (which can be used for funeral expenses). Maybe for the son's upcoming care? But you'd think they would have planned for that (esp with husband working in the financial field).

AFAIK the family is still without a home and 2 of their vehicles were taken too. Also not sure if there could be a hold on the insurance pay out depending on the circumstances of her murder and the beneficiary.

AFAIK the family is still without a home and 2 of their vehicles were taken too. Also not sure if there could be a hold on the insurance pay out depending on the circumstances of her murder and the beneficiary.

Duh. That's obvious. Didn't even think about that!!!!!! I need more coffee.

Did they have an alarm?

I believe he referenced a camera being messed with, but I don't recall reading about an alarm. You'd think if there was so much going on at their house, they could install something.

100% seems they did not protect themselves or their property well at all considering all these nefarious lurkers.

A "wiffle ball bat security system" on their sliding door doesn't exactly scream out to me as people who are genuinely fearing for their lives.

100% seems they did not protect themselves or their property well at all considering all these nefarious lurkers.

A "wiffle ball bat security system" on their sliding door doesn't exactly scream out to me as people who are genuinely fearing for their lives.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Duh. That's obvious. Didn't even think about that!!!!!! I need more coffee.

Trying to convey a thought while staying within TOS feels like trying to find my way through a maze.

My hubby (construction guy) said that a wiffle ball bat placed in the tract of a sliding glass door would prevent the door from opening provided that the bat’s plastic was intact. I have personally seen both plastic tubes & broom stick handles placed in the tracts of sliding glass doors as a “lock” of sorts.

(He also said that it is possible to pull the operating panel out on a sliding glass door; depending on the manufacturer & installation).

Thank you and construction guy! I guess some protection would be provided ( and I am willing to accept that)...but it just seems like a lame attempt of security when they were supposedly having all these problems...something about it is just dumbfounding to me.

Thank you and construction guy! I guess some protection would be provided ( and I am willing to accept that)...but it just seems like a lame attempt of security when they were supposedly having all these problems...something about it is just dumbfounding to me.

Totally agree

When I had a sliding glass door like that I used a piece of wood cut to fit exactly in the channel so the door couldn't be opened. Kind of like the bar here:
412bTXXaoGL_500_416_65.jpg

I think with enough force the plastic bat would bend or fold up and not actually secure the door in place. It wouldn't be enough for me to feel safe.

https://cdn.dynamixse.com/ackermansecuritycom/legacy-images/412bTXXaoGL_500_416_65.jpg

Interesting there is no reward for the capture of her killer. Strongsville is an upper-middle class suburb and I am sure her students' parents as well as other people in the region would be happy to add to the fund. They must have someone in mind.

When I had a sliding glass door like that I used a piece of wood cut to fit exactly in the channel so the door couldn't be opened. Kind of like the bar here:
412bTXXaoGL_500_416_65.jpg

I think with enough force the plastic bat would bend or fold up and not actually secure the door in place. It wouldn't be enough for me to feel safe.

https://cdn.dynamixse.com/ackermansecuritycom/legacy-images/412bTXXaoGL_500_416_65.jpg

I think many would actually be surprised how much force it would actually take to collapse even a wiffle ball bat that was placed in that manner. With that said, it would not be my first choice. But I'm not sure there was anyone that even did break in in this murder. So I think it may be a moot point anyways . Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what kind of wedding was supposed to take place today?

Was it fancy?

Expensive?

Lot's of guests?

Being that it was the week of the wedding final bills would be due to location/caterer etc/band/florist/church/ etc.

Total speculation I ask this, but was the family able to meet the obligations of those expensive?

I get kind of a Sievers vibe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree, I'd be shocked if this turns out to be anything other than a domestic homicide situation moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I get what everyone is saying about the husband’s 911 call, I can also see it another way. This is not necessarily my opinion, but an alternate possibility I think is only fair to consider...

His 911 call could also be interpreted as sounding hysterical and irrational and preoccupied rather than deliberately setting up an alibi and probable cause. The harassment they had experienced was real, based on previous 911 calls. I can see the husband feeling angry at himself for not doing enough to protect his family. Maybe his wife had begged him to install more security. Imagine his feelings of guilt if that’s the case!

He can tell that his wife is dead and there’s nothing he can do. He knows his SIL already called 911, so he calls on an irrational impulse to lash out in anger at LE so he can deflect his overwhelming feelings of guilt onto someone else and make it bearable. I know someone who can’t handle emergencies, would blame themselves and would probably sound like that on a 911 call. I honestly hope that’s all it is, rather than a deliberate diversion tactic. I guess we’ll know soon enough.

As an Ohio teacher with many years of service it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted all of her pension instead of half if divorced.

Gun and knife could be two people...maybe teens out for a spree. Or what I really think happened and sticking my hands under my butt.

Very sketchy. The husband doesn't sound upset that his wife is dead, he actually sounds very calm, almost cold. The only emotion he displays is anger at the local PD for not finding the person who had been harassing them. Your wife is dying on the floor in your home and your only emotion is anger at police?

Just as info, the area where they live is NOT a high crime area. Not even close. It's very safe.

I've thought the same thing. And then, just as quickly, I think that no one knows how they'll respond in situations like this. Some people "close up", and act in a way that might be seen by others as cold or calm. It's a defense mechanism.

I've thought the same thing. And then, just as quickly, I think that no one knows how they'll respond in situations like this. Some people "close up", and act in a way that might be seen by others as cold or calm. It's a defense mechanism.

That’s so true. I usually handle routine emergencies very calmly and fall apart later, so I might seem very unemotional and “just the facts” on a 911 call. But I’ve never faced finding my husband murdered, so I can’t say that I’d follow that pattern. Later I’d probably wonder how everyone on WS is analyzing my call! :D We’ve been wrong and we’ve been right, so we won’t know until there’s an arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back