Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you, Anna? Why was your car parked backwards into a newly built subdivision parking area where new residents probably wouldn't notice it?

Recently in Maryland, a young woman named Laura Wallen was murdered by her boyfriend. Prior to finding Laura's body, they located her car parked in a housing development (not her own) near the school she taught in. Her car was backed into a space so that the rear of the car faced the end of the lot and wasn't visible to the rest of the parking lot and her boyfriend had removed the front license plate and discarded it so that the cars' identity wouldn't be immediately evident. Couldn't help but think of Anna when I read about Laura (who has a thread here on websleuths).

Recently in Maryland, a young woman named Laura Wallen was murdered by her boyfriend. Prior to finding Laura's body, they located her car parked in a housing development (not her own) near the school she taught in. Her car was backed into a space so that the rear of the car faced the end of the lot and wasn't visible to the rest of the parking lot and her boyfriend had removed the front license plate and discarded it so that the cars' identity wouldn't be immediately evident. Couldn't help but think of Anna when I read about Laura (who has a thread here on websleuths).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Wallen-31-Olney-3-September-2017-*Arrest*-1

My gut feeling based on a lifetime of working on and observing cases like this is that if the car was "dumped" as close as it was due to time constraints or lack of expertise in concealing a crime, the same would be true for a body. I'm thinking of nearby and missed or in an area not searched, or the dumpster theory. The "only" problem I have with the dumpster theory is the possibility of the body being accidentally found by someone dumping their trash either visually or by smell, and the resulting forensic evidence pointing in a particular direction.

To go off of Trackergd's post above, I have a theory involving the condo and multiple weeks of garbage being taken out. Sadly.

I’ve felt from the start of this that the body was nearby to her home or condo. I have nothing to base this on but a nagging hunch/feeling.

<modsnip>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gut feeling based on a lifetime of working on and observing cases like this is that if the car was "dumped" as close as it was due to time constraints or lack of expertise in concealing a crime, the same would be true for a body. I'm thinking of nearby and missed or in an area not searched, or the dumpster theory. The "only" problem I have with the dumpster theory is the possibility of the body being accidentally found by someone dumping their trash either visually or by smell, and the resulting forensic evidence pointing in a particular direction.
To go off of Trackergd's post above, I have a theory involving the condo and multiple weeks of garbage being taken out. Sadly.
I&#8217;ve felt from the start of this that the body was nearby to her home or condo. I have nothing to base this on but a nagging hunch/feeling.

<modsnip>
Did anyone (LE, reporters, SAR/search teams) quiz all of the neighbors in the nearby condos to see if the garbage was particularly smelly during the timeframe she became missing? As has been shown via google maps, there are 3 parking sections from which one could easily access the condo, which means other people's garbage areas may have received drops as well.

What a frustrating case from our perspective. We have a lack of investigative information which limits our ability to discern what may have transpired. Often the real clues in a missing person case come from the person who last face to face with them. While some here and others outside our group feel they have this nailed down (an it's possible they are correct), we do have the random abductor factor to consider. Anything from covering up a crime by eliminating the witnesses to much darker motives. I am hoping colder temperatures and the resulting lack of foilage to block views helps to resolve the case. While I am aware areas have been searched, however even with professional searchers at best this is only about 80% effective. Last year we had a lady in Tyler state park, if I remember correctly, where the park had been searched by rangers, searchers and dogs with no success. A later search located her in the middle of an un-mowed field within the park. I hope there is a resolve in the near future where Anna is found alive elsewhere or the guilty party is brought to justice.

Well hunting seasons are coming up. Many bodies are often discovered by hunters. Hopefully between that and the loss of foliage. Also have a nagging feeling she's close by. Dreamt of Yellow Springs Rd one night, (east of 113) my father pointing to the ground in a secluded field with small trees (He is passed) Really shook me. Hopefully just overactive imagination and I am wrong and she's still alive. It's true you really can't rule anything out...not yet.

This is my first time posting, but I have been following this story from the beginning. This case is so frustrating, and my heart absolutely breaks for her family. I am confused as to why everything seems to be so hush-hush. Perhaps they want to prevent rumors, but it also adds a level of suspicion.

This is my first time posting, but I have been following this story from the beginning. This case is so frustrating, and my heart absolutely breaks for her family. I am confused as to why everything seems to be so hush-hush. Perhaps they want to prevent rumors, but it also adds a level of suspicion.
Welcome to WebSleuths!!!

This case is frustrating for many reasons. LE is not saying anything for months. There is a group that allegedly has a lot of information but isn't sharing. There are no groups out searching. That particular group threw a fit when WS members here (myself included) started posting about places to look for her and even had a local member (certified Search and Rescue, and former LE) go out and take a look at some of those locations.

Pennsylvania State Police almost always insists that nobody search while at the same time Pennsylvania State Police are prepared to sit on a case for years and even decades without doing much of anything hoping someone will stumble upon a victim. They always says they wouldn't want searchers to possibly contaminate evidence but they don't call off hunting in the area or shut down walking or hiking trails yet those very same hunters, walkers, or hikers that stumble upon someone could contaminate evidence as well. It is total nonsense when coming from Pennsylvania State Police. There is another active case here on WS out of Fayette County, PA where the locals told Pennsylvania State Police where they could stick their admonishment and volunteer fire companies from the area along with hundreds of volunteers searched anyway. I say, Good For Them!

So in this case it is very likely that we have Pennsylvania State Police running the Cops 101 playbook. No doubt having someone under some sort of surveillance hoping beyond all hope that the person will return to where Pennsylvania State Police need to look. If that person never goes back then nothing will ever come of this case until someone accidentally stumbles upon the right location. And if that hasn't happened by now then it isn't going to happen. That would require the person responsible to have some kind of a conscience and I don't see that being possible.

It is coming up on 6 months since Anna was reported missing and it is over 6 months since she likely disappeared. Perhaps Pennsylvania State Police will have something useful to say when the day arrives, but I doubt it.

Welcome to WebSleuths!!!

This case is frustrating for many reasons. LE is not saying anything for months. There is a group that allegedly has a lot of information but isn't sharing. There are no groups out searching. That particular group threw a fit when WS members here (myself included) started posting about places to look for her and even had a local member (certified Search and Rescue, and former LE) go out and take a look at some of those locations.

Pennsylvania State Police almost always insists that nobody search while at the same time Pennsylvania State Police are prepared to sit on a case for years and even decades without doing much of anything hoping someone will stumble upon a victim. They always says they wouldn't want searchers to possibly contaminate evidence but they don't call off hunting in the area or shut down walking or hiking trails yet those very same hunters, walkers, or hikers that stumble upon someone could contaminate evidence as well. It is total nonsense when coming from Pennsylvania State Police. There is another active case here on WS out of Fayette County, PA where the locals told Pennsylvania State Police where they could stick their admonishment and volunteer fire companies from the area along with hundreds of volunteers searched anyway. I say, Good For Them!

So in this case it is very likely that we have Pennsylvania State Police running the Cops 101 playbook. No doubt having someone under some sort of surveillance hoping beyond all hope that the person will return to where Pennsylvania State Police need to look. If that person never goes back then nothing will ever come of this case until someone accidentally stumbles upon the right location. And if that hasn't happened by now then it isn't going to happen. That would require the person responsible to have some kind of a conscience and I don't see that being possible.

It is coming up on 6 months since Anna was reported missing and it is over 6 months since she likely disappeared. Perhaps Pennsylvania State Police will have something useful to say when the day arrives, but I doubt it.

I will say I've been running into unbelievable amounts of patrol cars on the way home after my evening shift. 3 within a five minute timespan one night. I work within a couple of miles of the area Anna was last seen.

I know I&#8217;ve brought this question up before, but I haven&#8217;t found an answer yet, maybe I missed it? I don&#8217;t know why my mind keeps circling back to the trip to Poland and if there were two plane tickets for Anna and her son, and if they were ever canceled. When was the trip supposed to be? It was at least within a week or two of when she spoke with family over there, right? So there had to have been plane tickets... no one in their right mind would wait until the last minute to purchase two plane tickets, especially to fly out of the country, with a 3 year old. I could be totally off base here, and maybe it&#8217;s a lot more common to buy plane tickets last minute, usually a lot more expensive though.

So... I&#8217;m not sure why I&#8217;m hyper focused on this. I just really want to know if there were, in fact, tickets, and if those tickets were ever canceled. If they were canceled, how? Via phone? Website? Email? What dafe were they canceled? If it&#8217;s after the last time anyone outside of the home spoke/saw Anna... shouldn&#8217;t &#8220;we&#8221; be able to find the IP address, phone record, email history etc etc of said cancellation?

Thinking of Anna, and her little boy who must sorely miss her. :(

Welcome to WebSleuths!!!

What annoys me about the 101 playbook is the attitude that anyone outside of law enforcement is an untrained "armchair detective" and as such, not capable of performing an in-depth evaluation of the known facts. While I greatly respect most of the departments, officers and detectives in this state (some are friends including a family member), it should be remembered that they do not sit at the right hand of <insert deity of choice> and their evidence is not sacrosanct. Many a case has been solved by private citizens with the drive and long term commitment to see the case to the end, even when the facts and evidence has been withheld (the Jacob Wetterling case for example). To exclude those who wish to search, including those trained that that skill set but allow a hunter to discover remains by accident and contaminate the scene is somewhat of a skewed procedure.

<modsnip>

From what I can see in some of the links, only one SAR team has been involved. They are not the only SAR team in the regional area. Historically they have not been known as a predominantly SAR dog team, more of a ground search team. Other teams are more ground scent and air scent dog teams. Why this one team has been involved to the exclusion of others has me curious. One of the down sides to SAR teams here in PA is that they are independent organizations unlike fire companies, and most of them provide their own liability insurance. If anyone here knows of the rather wild politics in fire companies, multiply that by a factor of four with regards to SAR teams. In some cases they end up being fiefdoms.

This case "behaves" like none other I have seen over the years. Even the Holly Grim case (also under PSP jurisdiction) did not exclude other searchers nor limit search areas other than private property, and the property owners for the most part were very cooperative, including a junkyard owner who would have had the highest liability profile for injuries.

So who is hiding what here? I wonder if anyone has been smart enough to photograph all the searchers and volunteers since historically and statistically one of them is likely the actor or an associate.

<modsnip>

From what I can see in some of the links, only one SAR team has been involved. They are not the only SAR team in the regional area. Historically they have not been known as a predominantly SAR dog team, more of a ground search team. Other teams are more ground scent and air scent dog teams. Why this one team has been involved to the exclusion of others has me curious. One of the down sides to SAR teams here in PA is that they are independent organizations unlike fire companies, and most of them provide their own liability insurance. If anyone here knows of the rather wild politics in fire companies, multiply that by a factor of four with regards to SAR teams. In some cases they end up being fiefdoms.

This case "behaves" like none other I have seen over the years. Even the Holly Grim case (also under PSP jurisdiction) did not exclude other searchers nor limit search areas other than private property, and the property owners for the most part were very cooperative, including a junkyard owner who would have had the highest liability profile for injuries.

So who is hiding what here? I wonder if anyone has been smart enough to photograph all the searchers and volunteers since historically and statistically one of them is likely the actor or an associate.

To clarify, you think the PSP behavior is odd or are you referring to an “other”?

Also, in your experience, is the person who inserts him or herself historically doing so in a large way or a small way? Or is too changeable to be a factor?

<modsnip>

There are so many interested factors to this case. I find the monitirization of it remarkable and telling. Tracker, you are so spot on!

Please leave the Facebook drama on Facebook.

The topic of this thread is Anna's disappearance, not Facebook opinions.

:tyou:

To clarify, you think the PSP behavior is odd or are you referring to an &#8220;other&#8221;?

Also, in your experience, is the person who inserts him or herself historically doing so in a large way or a small way? Or is too changeable to be a factor?

I do find some of the PSP behavior to be odd. I find "other" behavior to be odd. Why is only one team involved?

Actor or associate activity is too changeable to be predictable.

I do find some of the PSP behavior to be odd. I find "other" behavior to be odd. Why is only one team involved?

Actor or associate activity is too changeable to be predictable.

I have theories based on having met some of the players, but I don’t want to violate any WS rules. I will simply say that there is something I find more than odd about this whole thing. I can’t put together how or if it is all related, but there is definitely a “clog in the drain”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member