Identified! Canada - Salmon Arm, BC, Remains found on rural property, Oct 2017 - Traci Genereaux

Merely in speculation, the current suspect is old enough to have been around for these highway of tears cases:

2002, prince George, Nicole Hoar
2005, Prince Rupert, Tamara Chipman
2006, prince George, Ailah Saric Auger
2011, hogsback lake, Madison Scott

May totally not be related but worth keeping an eye on as we learn more about the suspect's background.

One of the articles above mentioned that he would work in northern BC for periods of time. I'm hoping that we hear more about exactly where he would go to work, and when he would be in the north.

https://www.kelownacapnews.com/news/sagmoen-appears-in-court-today/
attachment.php

Curtis Wayne Sagmoen is currently in custody and charged with the following: disguising face with the intent to commit offence, intentionally discharging a firearm while reckless, uttering threats, careless use or storage of a firearm, possessing a weapon for dangerous purpose and possession of controlled substance. He scheduled to appear in court today.

Oct. 26, 2017
Human remains were found on the property over the weekend; however Moskaluk wouldn’t identify the remains or confirm if they belonged to one or more persons. Court records have been sealed for this property search. Watch for more on this story as it unfolds.

Attachments

• 9106710_web1_copy_171022-SAA-CURTISSAGMOEN.jpg
    9106710_web1_copy_171022-SAA-CURTISSAGMOEN.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 194
Merely in speculation, the current suspect is old enough to have been around for these highway of tears cases:

2002, prince George, Nicole Hoar
2005, Prince Rupert, Tamara Chipman
2006, prince George, Ailah Saric Auger
2011, hogsback lake, Madison Scott

May totally not be related but worth keeping an eye on as we learn more about the suspect's background.

Completely an opinion, but I think the 2011 Highway of Tears disappearance is a remote possibility as having been committed by this suspect. I'm going to mention that this victim was not aboriginal.The Highway of Tears murderer does not specifically target aboriginal women and the conversation should stop implying that this is exclusively an aboriginal tragedy.

I see this one as more likely a possible victim because of the timeline of assaults four years ago in Maple Ridge, and the murders today. Also, Madison was at a party at the lake where a stranger could have easily blended into the large group. I'm curious about what happened four years ago that caused the suspect to lose his property.

Traci Genereaux, 18, was last seen in Vernon on May 29, and legal documents indicate Curtis Wayne Sagmoen was also in Vernon that same day. Last week, the Sagmoen family farm near Salmon Arm became the site of a massive RCMP investigation after detectives made the grim discovery of human remains on the property. Sagmoen faces no charges in relation to the remains. He was arrested last week, though, after a sex worker said she was allegedly threatened Aug. 28 with a shotgun near the farm at 2290 Salmon River Road, near Silver Creek.

Genereaux lived in Vernon, about 40 km away.

Court records show Sagmoen was stopped by police in Vernon on May 29, the day Genereaux disappeared, and charged with some vehicle infractions, including problems with his headlights and tail lights.

The court records do not say what type of vehicle Sagmoen was driving. Postmedia could not find any vehicle ownership documents for Sagmoen.

Traci’s friend Robert Zimmerman said he saw the teenager talking to the driver of a white service van in an alley near the old bottle depot on May 29, and then get into the vehicle. It was a white panel van with a company logo on the back, but he could not remember the name.

Zimmerman did not recognize the driver and made a report to police.

http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/fathers-fears-deepen-over-missing-okanagan-teen

Traci Genereaux, 18, was last seen in Vernon on May 29, and legal documents indicate Curtis Wayne Sagmoen was also in Vernon that same day. Last week, the Sagmoen family farm near Salmon Arm became the site of a massive RCMP investigation after detectives made the grim discovery of human remains on the property. Sagmoen faces no charges in relation to the remains. He was arrested last week, though, after a sex worker said she was allegedly threatened Aug. 28 with a shotgun near the farm at 2290 Salmon River Road, near Silver Creek.

Genereaux lived in Vernon, about 40 km away.

Court records show Sagmoen was stopped by police in Vernon on May 29, the day Genereaux disappeared, and charged with some vehicle infractions, including problems with his headlights and tail lights.

The court records do not say what type of vehicle Sagmoen was driving. Postmedia could not find any vehicle ownership documents for Sagmoen.

Traci’s friend Robert Zimmerman said he saw the teenager talking to the driver of a white service van in an alley near the old bottle depot on May 29, and then get into the vehicle. It was a white panel van with a company logo on the back, but he could not remember the name.

Zimmerman did not recognize the driver and made a report to police.

http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/fathers-fears-deepen-over-missing-okanagan-teen

Mother is asked for a DNA sample: http://infotel.ca/newsitem/mother-of-missing-vernon-teen-asked-to-provide-dna-sample/it47279

Laurie Nixon, mother of 18-year-old Traci Genereaux, says she gave DNA on Friday, Oct. 27. Genereaux went missing at the end of May.

Nixon says police didn’t give her any other information about her daughter’s case; they simply asked her to supply the blood sample.

When asked to comment on the request for DNA and if it is related to the recent discovery of human remains in the North Okanagan, RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Dan Moskaluk would not say much.

More at link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Police have collected DNA from the family of one of several young women who have recently vanished from B.C.'s Okanagan region, not far from where a large-scale investigation into human remains at a rural farm continues. ....

On Friday – five months after she was last heard from – police collected a DNA sample from Ms. Genereaux's mother, Laurie Nixon, telling her it is standard procedure to have it on file for missing-person cases, Ms. Nixon told The Globe and Mail....

Deanna Wertz's sister, Alanna, said she raised the issue of DNA with investigators. "They've told me they have Deanna's DNA to cross check with and if they needed more to test from then they would ask us when that time comes," she wrote in a message to The Globe, adding that the family has received no updates.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ne...36775910/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

I hate to say this, but was she in prostitution? Is that why the friend just let her get in the van?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The area around Vernon (and the larger city of Kelowna) has been getting really rough over the last few years. Many people moved to Alberta during the Oil Boom and when it went bust went back to the area. Unfortunately, there's not enough jobs in the area, so you have a combo of people who either have money or used to have it and subscribe to 'work hard, play hard'. And people who want nice weather like Vancouver but can't afford it are moving to the Okanagan.

Between 5 and 7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 30, RCMP officers from Surrey were going door-to-door in the 10th Street SW area of Salmon Arm, canvassing residents about whether they remember anything of note regarding Sunday, Sept. 3 on the Labour Day weekend. Residents were shown photos of Bell to see if anyone remembered seeing her.

http://www.saobserver.net/news/police-canvass-area-regarding-missing-woman/

My heart is heavy...my thoughts are with Traci's family and friends...very sorry for your loss

:rose: RIP Traci :rose:

:justice: for Traci & those that love her.

...SO am I understanding correctly, Traci was on foot when she was picked up off the street???

IF, this is the way it went down it is ultra alarming :moo: :cow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back