Found Deceased TX - Carey Parker, 23, Quinlan, 17 Mar 1991 *found in 2021*

Podcast #2 is now up...

http://ketr.org/post/buried-episode-02-nineteen-years-and-counting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I listened to it on my way home....and Im going to listen to it again later tonight. So much information!
To say I am flabbergasted would be an understatement. Im also boiling mad!!! I am fuming that the "detective" and "sheriff" were demanding you (the sister) undergo forensic hypnosis!!! Holy cow!
I am a dylsexia therapist. I work with kids with dyslexia, which is ( in simple terms) a brain disorder...so I study brain science for a living. You were so right in turning down that demand.....the brain, hypnotic suggestions and fake memory is nothing to be toyed with. First of all, I tend to doubt the proficiency and expertise of anyone in a small, rural sheriff's office at anything such as that. And to basically, with the blessing of the sheriff, hold that as a demand before they would proceed with their "job" is the most outrageous, disgusting thing I've ever heard of!!! No wonder this law enforcement agency can't find their *** with two hands and a map!!!
Bless your hearts for all youve had to endure! No family should have to go through this!
I'm sure I'll be back later with other comments after I listen to it again. Im having to slowly process that this is real life....and not some well planned crime novel....its all so unbelievable, yet perfectly expected from being a resident of this county, at the same time.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Praying for her family! Hopefully the truth will be revealed in the near future. It is way past time for Carey to receive justice!

So, the big question in my mind is this (and don't feel you have to answer it here if it will be addressed in the podcast because the last thing I want to do is ruin an episode when FINALLY someone is listening to your story and helping out ) But it concerns the actions and intent of the constable, CS, and the apparent fact that he didn't file a formal report...or did he?
1. What do you think his intent was...was he protecting your family from elements that may be embedded in local law enforcement by doing an investigation on his own?Kind of under the table?
2. Did he just 'act' concerned as a friend of the family and never really intend on doing anything about it?No follow ups with anyone...no apparent action taken?
3. Did he, perhaps much like you did, file an initial report with HCSO and they conveniently lost it like they lost your DNA samples? Is this why they could be so desperate to keep this case quiet until it goes away?
I ask this because to me, its where the shady actions start. I didn't know the man personally(Constable CS) but, much like the sheriff RM, its all in who you talk to as to what you hear of their character.
Im interested in the family's take on him. I know you can never truly look into someone's soul and see their intent, but his actions (or inactions) could be a clue.
Id be interested to hear your thoughts if possible.

So, the big question in my mind is this (and don't feel you have to answer it here if it will be addressed in the podcast because the last thing I want to do is ruin an episode when FINALLY someone is listening to your story and helping out ) But it concerns the actions and intent of the constable, CS, and the apparent fact that he didn't file a formal report...or did he?
1. What do you think his intent was...was he protecting your family from elements that may be embedded in local law enforcement by doing an investigation on his own?Kind of under the table?
2. Did he just 'act' concerned as a friend of the family and never really intend on doing anything about it?No follow ups with anyone...no apparent action taken?
3. Did he, perhaps much like you did, file an initial report with HCSO and they conveniently lost it like they lost your DNA samples? Is this why they could be so desperate to keep this case quiet until it goes away?
I ask this because to me, its where the shady actions start. I didn't know the man personally(Constable CS) but, much like the sheriff RM, its all in who you talk to as to what you hear of their character.
Im interested in the family's take on him. I know you can never truly look into someone's soul and see their intent, but his actions (or inactions) could be a clue.
Id be interested to hear your thoughts if possible.

The answer to your questions will be addressed in a future episode for which I will be better prepared to answer, but I will say you are spot on in one of your analysis of what transpired. Please feel free to readdress it when it has been exposed in the next or future podcast. I am not certain which one it will come out in as I don't get to hear them until everyone else gets it. We have been very pleased with George Hale's thorough fact checking and delivery of these podcasts.

The answer to your questions will be addressed in a future episode for which I will be better prepared to answer, but I will say you are spot on in one of your analysis of what transpired. Please feel free to readdress it when it has been exposed in the next or future podcast. I am not certain which one it will come out in as I don't get to hear them until everyone else gets it. We have been very pleased with George Hale's thorough fact checking and delivery of these podcasts.

I think he is doing a great job in getting her story out there and explaining it in detail so everyone can understand! Im so happy her story is getting this much needed publicity!
I will be anxiously awaiting the next episodes and am sharing the podcast with a lot of groups that are also finding some similarities in what your family has been through with HCSO and what some other families have experienced with them.
I really hope this leads to some answers for you all!!!
Carey Mae Parker needs to be found!!!

I think he is doing a great job in getting her story out there and explaining it in detail so everyone can understand! Im so happy her story is getting this much needed publicity!
I will be anxiously awaiting the next episodes and am sharing the podcast with a lot of groups that are also finding some similarities in what your family has been through with HCSO and what some other families have experienced with them.
I really hope this leads to some answers for you all!!!
Carey Mae Parker needs to be found!!!

I can't thank you enough for sharing these podcasts. Someone suggested I share them with the Attorney General. I contacted the Attorney General several years ago to help me in my sister's case. They replied back that they had to be invited by HCSO to investigate HCSO. I was pretty dumbfounded at the response. Makes one seriously wonder who is watching whom with those who have all the power. Nobody has watched HCSO ever in my lifetime.

I can't thank you enough for sharing these podcasts. Someone suggested I share them with the Attorney General. I contacted the Attorney General several years ago to help me in my sister's case. They replied back that they had to be invited by HCSO to investigate HCSO. I was pretty dumbfounded at the response. Makes one seriously wonder who is watching whom with those who have all the power. Nobody has watched HCSO ever in my lifetime.

Im sorry its taken this long and so much effort on your part to be met with only pushback. I was listening to another podcast, about the Jacob Wetterling case I believe, and they were talking about municipalities under the control of a sheriff. When you have a police chief, he works at the pleasure of a mayor or city council. But who is a sheriff really accountable to except voters every four years? He basically can do what he wants with no accountability until election time rolls around and then we all know how uninformed, easily swayed and forgetful the voting public can be!! I feel this is part of the problem with HC. That, and the connections in the shady government that most people think of some lazy, small town court system but I think the corruption runs deep.
And who has ever heard of a agency responsible for investigating corruption in itself? That's the most absurd thing ever!!!! I really dont know how you've remained as calm and collected as you have- going through all of this paired with the frustration of not having people know your story. You must have the patience of Job and the strength of Samson! Bless you all!

Episode 3...

http://ketr.org/post/buried-episode-03-drama

With the recent filming of "Disappeared" from the ID channel of the Michael Chambers case, and the proverbial "swallowing of that pill" by HCSO allowing that to happen (perhaps because that publicity was too high profile to refuse), has there been any thought to requesting they also look into Carey's case? Just a thought since they are in the area filming.

With the recent filming of "Disappeared" from the ID channel of the Michael Chambers case, and the proverbial "swallowing of that pill" by HCSO allowing that to happen (perhaps because that publicity was too high profile to refuse), has there been any thought to requesting they also look into Carey's case? Just a thought since they are in the area filming.

Great idea! Even just someone slipping a note to one of the producers.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Great idea! Even just someone slipping a note to one of the producers.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
I admit seeing more exposure left me with very intense emotions from sadness. Not that I don't want Mr. Chambers found, but because society places more importance on one person more than another. I have begged for years from different media sources and have not even gotten as much as a reply. Friends have also written to various media, and TV programs as well and never received an answer either. It looks like Disappeared came out and filmed last month. I guess all the publicity the Chambers family were given connections because I did see a thank you to someone for their resource in one of the posts. I tried to contact Disappeared yesterday, but there was no messenger. I ended up leaving a post and no answer.

I admit seeing more exposure left me with very intense emotions from sadness. Not that I don't want Mr. Chambers found, but because society places more importance on one person more than another. I have begged for years from different media sources and have not even gotten as much as a reply. Friends have also written to various media, and TV programs as well and never received an answer either. It looks like Disappeared came out and filmed last month. I guess all the publicity the Chambers family were given connections because I did see a thank you to someone for their resource in one of the posts. I tried to contact Disappeared yesterday, but there was no messenger. I ended up leaving a post and no answer.

I agree....missing persons cases are so unfair and its the luck of the draw sometimes on who the media takes interest in and I think precious tips are missed because lack of exposure. I will see if I can dig around and find a connection to contact. It never hurts to try. I would very much like to see them both found.

Just baffled about the lack of initiative and effort made in this case by people who should have been there for you and with you, fighting for justice! What a horrible ordeal this case is. I'm so very sorry for you, Patricia and other family members, that you have to endure this, on top of missing your sister and mother.

Misfiled case of Carey Mae Parker remains under investigation 27 years later
29472697_10204459394241065_1529703300264361984_n_9b3666bd4fa5132f67ee2c81de51850a.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.png

In March 1991, 23-year-old Carey Mae Parker was living with her friends in Quinlan, Texas. She had three children – Mandee, Brandy, and Brian – who were all under the age of six. According to Carey Mae’s sister Patricia Gager, Carey Mae would see her children as much as she could. Two lived with their grandfather, and one lived with her biological father because Carey Mae wanted them to have a more stable life than she could give them at the time.

As a single mother, Carey Mae was working at an air-conditioning company in Terrell, Texas, about 20 minutes away from Quinlan.

Patricia told Dateline that on March 17, 1991, her sister went to their father Howard Parker’s house to pick up laundry and a paycheck. Carey Mae’s son Brian’s birthday was only a few days away, and Patricia said she was planning a birthday party for him.
But on the day of the party, Carey Mae didn’t show up.

Read more: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/col...-remains-under-investigation-27-years-n861781

[h=1]Family desperate for answers in missing persons case that was not properly investigated for nearly 20 years[/h]
29497381_10204459394561073_442039855170453504_n_1_fb843c52c4416e66acae429f36bbbe3b.nbcnews-ux-1024-900-1-696x776.png

Sgt. Jeff Haines, lead detective on Carey Mae’s case for the Hunt County Sheriff’s Department, told Dateline that to maintain the integrity of the case, he can’t confirm many of the details. He said that already, “information has gotten out that wasn’t supposed to get out,” but would not elaborate further on the record.

Sgt. Haines told Dateline that there was no record of the constable reporting Carey Mae’s case. He added that the case has been difficult to work since the investigation began nearly 20 years after Carey Mae went missing.

“It’s been really hard since there was no physical crime scene to begin with,” Sgt. Haines said.

A March 2018 statement from the Hunt County Sheriff’s Department echoed that frustration. “This has been a very challenging case since we didn’t actually have a location to begin our search for Carey Mae Parker,” the statement said.

“The investigation has thus far led investigators to track down family members and former associates of Ms. Parker’s across north Texas and even into Oklahoma which has resulted in no solid information on her possible whereabouts.”
Winston Dennis, a retired police officer in Stratford, Texas has been looking at Carey Mae’s case in his free time since December of 2017.
“It’s an almost 30-year-old case. A lot of people from that time have died,” he told Dateline, adding that Carey Mae’s car, a Buick Skylark, has also been missing since 1991.
“I spent 20 years as a cop, I have never heard anything like this case,” Dennis told Dateline.
https://www.41nbc.com/2018/03/31/fa...ot-properly-investigated-for-nearly-20-years/

cache.php
cache.php

cache.php

Their father called in to his friend, a constable for Hunt County, to report her missing, but a missing persons report was never filed.

A few months later, after not hearing anything back from detectives, Patricia filed a new missing persons report in Terrell, Texas.
But Terrell Police Captain AD Sampson told Dateline that while the department received a call from Patricia, she didn't actually file a missing persons report.

And between raising children, working full time and attending college, Patricia said the whereabouts of her missing sister slipped her mind until 2010, at which time she contacted the department to check in on the case.
When she called she discovered the case was taken down as a 'welfare check' rather than a 'missing persons report.'
Patricia then checked with the Hunt County officials about the report her dad filed, and realized that was never officially entered, and that there was no official missing persons report for her sister who hadn't been seen for 19 years.

'I freaked out and called Brandy,' Patricia said, referring to Carey Mae's middle child.

'She called Hunt County and filed one over the phone.'

Brandy said she didn't feel like police were taking her seriously when she filed the police report because the subject had already been gone for nearly two decades.

'They seemed to be put out by the idea that someone expected them to look for a woman who had been missing for 19 years at that time,' Brandy told the outlet.
'I had to do the right thing for my mom.'

I wonder what did Carey and her father Howard have a good relationship?

I wonder what did Carey and her father Howard have a good relationship?

There seems to be a bit confusion in different media with names. From what I understood Howard is father of baby with Carey Mae. Carey Mae father is called Leonard.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back