GUILTY OH - Melinda Pleskovic, 49, murdered in her Strongsville home, 23 Oct 2017

Could literally be one of the dumbest criminals on the planet.

Yes...in a vehicle parked at his own father's home in Strongsville.
Now I need to check some distances and the timeline again.

About a 15 minute drive between his dad's house and the Pleskovic's. <modsnip> I'm very curious to know who was home during the day, what time she left school and what the time of her death was.

WKYC reported they found no convictions for Jeff, Jr in Cleveland or Cuyahoga County. But juvenile "crimes" (at least in my state) are civil, not criminal, and sealed.
http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/cuya...ing-strongsvilles-melinda-pleskovic/488081730

Jeff Jr. graduated high school in 2015. So in 2013, he was either a sophomore or junior. So even if there was further action taken in the shooting, it possibly stayed in juvenile court because of his age or in deference to his father. It's also possible that there was no proof of who fired the shot or it was treated as an accident.

http://m.cleveland19.com/19actionne...ull=true&contentguid=0HLzuNPH&pn=&ps=#display

I haven't read that the gun has been recovered, carpeverum. I've just read the knife was.

I haven't read that the gun has been recovered, carpeverum. I've just read the knife was.

It's in the Cleveland19 article above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKYC reported they found no convictions for Jeff, Jr in Cleveland or Cuyahoga County. But juvenile "crimes" (at least in my state) are civil, not criminal, and sealed.
http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/cuya...ing-strongsvilles-melinda-pleskovic/488081730

Jeff Jr. graduated high school in 2015. So in 2013, he was either a sophomore or junior. So even if there was further action taken in the shooting, it possibly stayed in juvenile court because of his age or in deference to his father. It's also possible that there was no proof of who fired the shot or it was treated as an accident.

http://m.cleveland19.com/19actionne...ull=true&contentguid=0HLzuNPH&pn=&ps=#display

I'm not sure that JS did graduate high school if this statement is accurate:

"The Strongsville Schools confirmed Scullin was a student who withdrew from the district in August of 2016. Court records in Cuyahoga County do not indicate a criminal record for Scullin."

http://fox8.com/2017/11/01/suspect-in-murder-of-strongsville-teacher-was-pallbearer-at-victims-funeral-days-before-arrest/

I have no idea if he began school later than the average age, was held back a grade or two, or what the circumstances might have been if he in fact 'withdrew' from school in 8/16.

From that same link

"There is an interesting history between Scullin and his father.

A police report from 2013 shows a 911 call where Scullin's father suffered a gunshot wound to the head. Scullin, Jr. is quoted in the incident report, saying he did not know how the injury occurred."

WTF?

SABBM

Indeed ....

Good find !

Sounds like this perp was a 'bad seed'.
Wonder what else will come to light ?
And I hope they (the jury ) doesn't become influenced by the argument that JS had a "difficult childhood" defense !
So what ? Many people did. And they haven't killed anyone. JS was an adult and most likely planned this for some time. Imo.

About a 15 minute drive between his dad's house and the Pleskovic's. <modsnip> I'm very curious to know who was home during the day, what time she left school and what the time of her death was.

RSBM

<modsnip>

Also -- from previous posts -- I wonder if initially Melinda tried to help him ?
Sounds like their home was welcoming to him in the past. Smdh.

My .02 is that the motive was that MP had 'had it' with him --- or she discovered something heinous and he found it out.

I'm not sure that JS did graduate high school if this statement is accurate:

"The Strongsville Schools confirmed Scullin was a student who withdrew from the district in August of 2016. Court records in Cuyahoga County do not indicate a criminal record for Scullin."

http://fox8.com/2017/11/01/suspect-in-murder-of-strongsville-teacher-was-pallbearer-at-victims-funeral-days-before-arrest/

I have no idea if he began school later than the average age, was held back a grade or two, or what the circumstances might have been if he in fact 'withdrew' from school in 8/16.
Interesting. I'm sure the school district is correct.

WKYC reported he graduated in 2015 in the article above. And in one about JS being a pallbearer, they interviewed classmates. In that article the former classmate said JS graduated the year after he did. Maybe that's their source. If the other kid had graduated, he may not have known whether Jeff actualy did, just that he was in the class below him.
http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/cuya...ernoon-on-melinda-pleskovics-murder/487594829

It's possible JS participated in graduation ceremonies in 2015 but did not graduate. In the local high schools, students who are a couple of credits short can walk with their class at graduation. They must then fulfill the credits to officially graduate and receive a diploma. Usually it's done over the summer. I'm sure it isn't open-ended. The date of August 2016 for JS withdrawing makes me think this is what happened and he didn't complete the missing credits.

Has anyone read any details of the wedding? Wondering how elaborate it was going to be and whether that was the source of increased tensions in the household?

RSBM

"Lured" to her death ?

Also -- from previous posts -- I wonder if initially Melinda tried to help him ?

My .02 is that the motive was that MP had 'had it' with him --- or she discovered something heinous and he found it out.

If he was planning this for months I don't think it would've mattered if she'd had it with him or not. Remember she was stabbed in the back, not like they were facing each other, arguing. Unless he already had the gun handy, I don't think this was a moment of rage. I want to know who owns the gun.

RSBM

"Lured" to her death ?

Could have something to do with why the Internet Crimes Against Children team was thanked by the police chief during his press conference when they announced JS had been arrested??

Could have something to do with why the Internet Crimes Against Children team was thanked by the police chief during his press conference when they announced JS had been arrested??

I posted upthread what the ICAC is involved in.

Anyone else trying to figure out if the 18 yr old son saw or heard anything? Hard to imagine he didn't walk down to the kitchen the entire time the rest were gone (?)

Anyone else trying to figure out if the 18 yr old son saw or heard anything? Hard to imagine he didn't walk down to the kitchen the entire time the rest were gone (?)

RSBM

Agreed.

Just thought of this: maybe JS was hoping that the 18 year old would try to 'help' Melinda (clean her face/arms with a towel, or a kitchen sponge, etc.).. not understanding she was dead ?
And in doing so, contaminate the crime scene ?

Was Kyle capable of doing these actions ?
There are different levels of Downs, from what I've read. and some adults or older teens are able to do small tasks

That the one year old was there as well boggles the mind.
Did her mom leave her there, and if so-- she saw Melinda alive sometime that day ?

I have a hinky feeling towards all of the adults --maybe unfounded.

But if Melinda was tricked into coming home and was murdered --at what time did Kyle arrive home (assuming he was at school) ; and what time was the baby dropped off ?
:moo:

Thanks, I'll look for it.

As for Kyle, it's gut-wrenching to think of what he might have possibly witnessed. At Melinda's wake, he tried to wake her up by shaking her arm. &#128148;&#128546;

As for Kyle, it's gut-wrenching to think of what he might have possibly witnessed. At Melinda's wake, he tried to wake her up by shaking her arm. &#62612;&#63010;

Oh my gosh I had not read that. How very sad.

I did read he was non verbal.

I found a registry for Bed Bath & Beyond...only 18 items on it.....(regarding the wedding)

As for Kyle, it's gut-wrenching to think of what he might have possibly witnessed. At Melinda's wake, he tried to wake her up by shaking her arm. &#62612;&#63010;

Yes, according to a woman on SM who says she was at the funeral. She said Kyle thought she was asleep. I don't think it's verified anywhere in MSM, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back