Special Counsel Issues 1st Indictments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. This tread is full of stuff that has nothing to do with indictments. "Trump tweets". I guess you just have to put up with it & savor the few posts that are relevant.

Nice try but considering Trump has frequently tweeted about this issue, then his tweets ARE relevant :)

We know from the indictment he was emailing top campaign folks all the way up until August 2016. So he was involved at in emailing folks and having those folks respond to him for at least 6 months.

Nothing wrong with emailing. It's what he was emailing & the response of those he emailed.

Nothing wrong with emailing. It's what he was emailing & the response of those he emailed.

Exactly. And that's why he lied, why he was caught, why he pleaded guilty, and why he helped trap the other two (or more) players.

Since the Papadopoulos indictment has been portrayed as the big news story. can anyone show me where there is any evidence a crime was committed other than him lying yo the FBI.

Since the Papadopoulos indictment has been portrayed as the big news story. can anyone show me where there is any evidence a crime was committed other than him lying yo the FBI.

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking (I welcome any clarification, btw), but I’ll try my hand at an answer.

If ya head back to the front pages of this thread (or close to there, anyway), you’ll find the news links, indictments, links to documents, publicly available testimony, court pleas, etc.

It’s clear that the investigation is ongoing and the story is still developing. So, no, a trial in a court of law has not been decided upon nor set. Therefore, no jury has determined a verdict of guilty or not-guilty.

Hope that helps

[emoji202]MOO

The charge of obstruction of justice was dropped for his plea deal. Lying to the FBI is a real crime, a felony, punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment. Mueller is probably not disclosing entire case for strategic reasons, but we can guess that Papadopoulos was lying about and covering up a more serious crime.

No, she hasn't, and it is disheartening when folks deliberately take this discussion off topic.

I agree. This topic is not about Trump. You could just as easily comment on why the Podestas have not been issued indictments, if you want to stretch the topic.

It seems like this is just an underhanded topic to continue Politivent. The forum owner made such a wise decision to put a stop to that nightmare.

No one is forcing anyone to participate in this thread. If the indictments are so frightening to some perhaps they should not participate in our respectful discussion. Meanwhile the New York Tmes has breaking news on another aide under investigation, Carter Page.

The charge of obstruction of justice was dropped for his plea deal. Lying to the FBI is a real crime, a felony, punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment. Mueller is probably not disclosing entire case for strategic reasons, but we can guess that Papadopoulos was lying about and covering up a more serious crime.

You may guess right and you may guess wrong. I think its best to stick with what is known.

I agree. This topic is not about Trump. You could just as easily comment on why the Podestas have not been issued indictments, if you want to stretch the topic.

It seems like this is just an underhanded topic to continue Politivent. The forum owner made such a wise decision to put a stop to that nightmare.

This is the biggest story of the year.

It is the beginning of a huge part of our nation's history.

This is a crime story - it has nothing to do with politics.

Its about people breaking our nation's laws, getting caught, squirming and the nation will watch as they pay what they need to -- for breaking the laws of our nation.

Nothing to do with politics imo

Were a crime forum ............................

This is the biggest story of the year.

It is the beginning of a huge part of our nation's history.

This is a crime story - it has nothing to do with politics.

Its about people breaking our nation's laws, getting caught, squirming and the nation will watch as they pay what they need to -- for breaking the laws of our nation.

Nothing to do with politics imo

Were a crime forum ............................
Nothing to do with politics, everything to do with treason.

Rachel Maddow made the point that Manafort and Gates not actually charged with tax evasion. I'm guessing (again) that those charges will come in next indictment,

Miss Sally Yates behind closed doors this week!! Rachel

Also from Rachel a huge money launderer from (Ike) the 90's , who was in the infamous Trump Tower meeting also behind closed doors

There was another big hitter (female) but cant remember her name chatting away this week behind closed doors!

Carter outright told officials in campaign what he was doing with Russians

My Rachel!!

Regarding the charges against Papadopoulos, this article may help.

context snipped;

Papadopoulos made several material false statements and omissions. He described his relationship with the professor as inconsequential, and he misrepresented the timing of conversations about “dirt” on Hillary Clinton, claiming that he had those conversations with the professor before joining the Trump campaign. He also minimized the importance of those meetings and the professor’s relationship to the Russian government. He failed to mention his meetings with the MFA Connection altogether, despite being asked if he had met any Russian nationals or “anyone with a Russian accent.” He also falsely claimed that he met the female Russian national before joining the campaign and said that he had no relationship with her outside of a few brief emails.
https://lawfareblog.com/summary-papadopoulos-pleads-guilty-making-false-statements-fbi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie