Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I wish we could have taken the time to present a solid case and reason to have her looked at prior to it be submitted by someone else. Just a friendly reminder to newer websluetgs members...please do not submit other people’s potential matches. There are many reasons if a case is presented in the correct way LE might look into it further. Even if something is off, it is worth taking the time to present valid reasons to look at the case. We could have had a compelling case, even with height being off. She was not listed as ruled out, so it was worth presenting. Anyway...Her family is out there. I hope we find them soon.

I don't really know how it works, but is it possible to submit again? I mean Motorunner either submitted Pamela to Miami Co or BG to the Norfolk Police. Is it possible to go the other way around and present a better case?

I just wonder how the reply says she was *exactly* 5 feet tall when she went missing. The last time i got properly measured for height was like 8th grade lol

I don't really know how it works, but is it possible to submit again? I mean Motorunner either submitted Pamela to Miami Co or BG to the Norfolk Police. Is it possible to go the other way around and present a better case?

I just wonder how the reply says she was *exactly* 5 feet tall when she went missing. The last time i got properly measured for height was like 8th grade lol

I agree, surely submitting again wouldn't hurt. I submitted to the Norfolk L.E, so submitting Pamela to Miami co. after getting all the info needed might be a good idea. Perhaps maybe her driver's licence? or maybe it was just something her family was very aware of and made jokes about "oh she's only 5', we know because we make fun of her for being so short!" something like that.

I’m thinking out loud here about BG’s braided hair, the buckskin jacket and blue jeans clothing that she wore.

Now could it be possible that BG was into the mountain culture?

One thought that comes to my mind is that BG was from the hills or mountains where perhaps she made and sold mountain arts, crafts, and jewelry.

Or perhaps she liked traveling to areas that had mountain arts, crafts, and jewelry.

The second thought that comes to my mind is that perhaps BG lived on grid or off grid at a remote location somewhere in the hills or mountains.

Now if BG was into off grid living in the hills or mountains, off grid living could involve using old time farming practices and tools.

Take into consideration the soot that was found on BG’s clothing.

The soot on BG’s clothing could be from using wood burning stoves for cooking, heating, or working in a barn or shed with special tools.

Off grid living also means getting food from the land you’re living on by growing your own food, hunting, and trapping.

Now also take into consideration the scars that were on BG’s body.

The scars from BG’s body could be injuries from using traps while trapping wildlife.

So if BG was into off grid living, that could explain the soot on her clothing and the scars on her body. And it would also explain why BG was in good physical shape.

Any thoughts about this?

I don't think it likely that she was a mountain girl. I mean you give some examples that could be plausible but the isotopes don't agree with your assessment. I think the North Texas/South Oklahoma clue is the best we have to go off of. Neither of those locations are mountainous. I could see farm/ranch/rodeo work. The soot makes me think she was a) hitchhiking or b) on a motorcycle or maybe both.

Has anyone ever compared her to Cynthia Kinney from Oklahoma? She was allegedly kidnapped by a religious cult in 76. Was allegedly spotted in Kansas in subsequent years. Height is off but on the one picture I can see of Kinney something about her looks like BG (to me at least).

I have always thought that she was a very striking young lady, your pic is amazing and brings her to life. I cannot believe no one knows her. I subscribe to Cayleigh Elise she has a great youtube channel I would love to see her do a program on BG.

I know Wendy Susan Byron has been talked about before but she isn't on the current rule out list. One thing I would find to be a huge coincidence is that her husband (who was suspected in her disappearance) gave a story that she had left California t change identities to go to no other state but OHIO! What if he was telling the truth. I really think they look a lot alike. Same height, timeline fits...

I know Wendy Susan Byron has been talked about before but she isn't on the current rule out list. One thing I would find to be a huge coincidence is that her husband (who was suspected in her disappearance) gave a story that she had left California t change identities to go to no other state but OHIO! What if he was telling the truth. I really think they look a lot alike. Same height, timeline fits...

If he was telling the truth then he would have claimed his wife's body. I wish there was more info, or more photos. Judging by the one available photo of her, I personally think it's very unlikely that she is BG.

What if she was from Mexico possibly not legally in the U.S.? What kind of missing persons data do they keep? The pollen tests also mentioned it was consistent with northern Mexico. This is just amazing nearly every missing person in the data bases have been ruled out including some Canadians also.

If he was telling the truth then he would have claimed his wife's body.
I disagree with you.

To do so, needed :
- knowledge that the body has been found and unidentified
- where
- how to claim the body.

In 2017, such info are easily available on fingertips, thanks to Internet, computers, smartphones...

But in 1981, such kind of info was not that easily available.
Phone calls were quite expensive, most info were spread through the radio, newspapers and TV news. If you were lucky, you could send a telex. That's it.
Interstate UID's info were hard to find, unless you worked for the medias. And even if you worked for the medias, no guarantee you could find such info.

If we were talking about a case nowadays, I would had agreed with you.
But the historical context makes me think that we must be cautious about assuming as if we had all the technological means to browse we have nowadays.

Same for thinking "the family didn't report the MP because they didn't care" : in those days, reporting a missing love one to the police and being taken seriously was far from being a given. And juvenile MP's files went destroyed when they become adult.
We have to be careful about the date and the context in those days. Otherwise, we easily make wrong assumptions.

A link about her case, please ? I'm too lazy to dig up right now

A link about her case, please ? I'm too lazy to dig up right now
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/877dfca.html
[h=1]877DFCA - Wendy Susan Byron[/h]
WByron.jpg

Name: Wendy Susan Byron
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: August 26, 1978
Location Last Seen: Glendora, Los Angeles County, California
[h=2]Physical Description[/h] Date of Birth: May 7, 1954
Race: White
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 140-150 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green

I disagree with you.

We have to be careful about the date and the context in those days. Otherwise, we easily make wrong assumptions.

Yeah, you're right, thank you! When I read WSB's Charley Project page I had a feeling that LE suspects she was killed by her husband not long after she went missing. I assume they had enough evidence to dig up their old home's backyard in 2013. That is why I thought that he wasn't telling the truth. But of course we never know. Someone could put together the matching information and submit WSB.

Yeah, you're right, thank you! When I read WSB's Charley Project page I had a feeling that LE suspects she was killed by her husband not long after she went missing. I assume they had enough evidence to dig up their old home's backyard in 2013. That is why I thought that he wasn't telling the truth.

Again, I disagree.

LE's prime suspects are family and last seen persons. Going back to the backyard doesn't mean they have evidence against him, but they have probable cause.

And in case of MPs, LE are way too keen on hanging at suspecting family, ignoring leads towards more viable suspects.
We had a case, however much more recent, Nadine Chabert's http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nce-Nadine-Chabert-34-Fos-sur-Mer-10-Jun-2003

Not only evidence against husband was only based at inconsistencies, but also, material evidence against him were materially impossible. ex LE suspecting husband to hide dead body in car while at funeral : not only the time on road reenacted by LE was impossible (LE reenacted a 30mn time with traffic jam, while actual time is 45mn without traffic), but also, it was impossible to leave a dead body for 2 hours (funeral duration) in the trunk under 35ºC without smelling foul odor. No funeral guest noticed any foul odor from the trunk that day.
Husband was acquitted on appeal because of such sloppy evidence by LE with tunnel vision.

Or Suzie Viguier's case, same issue, same end outcome.

So, either WSB's husband is truly guilty, or LE work in tunnel vision mindset.

Based on the info we have, I can't exclude husband being the perfect suspect without any solid evidence against him.

Again, I disagree.

LE's prime suspects are family and last seen persons. Going back to the backyard doesn't mean they have evidence against him, but they have probable cause.

And in case of MPs, LE are way too keen on hanging at suspecting family, ignoring leads towards more viable suspects.
We had a case, however much more recent, Nadine Chabert's http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nce-Nadine-Chabert-34-Fos-sur-Mer-10-Jun-2003

Not only evidence against husband was only based at inconsistencies, but also, material evidence against him were materially impossible. ex LE suspecting husband to hide dead body in car while at funeral : not only the time on road reenacted by LE was impossible (LE reenacted a 30mn time with traffic jam, while actual time is 45mn without traffic), but also, it was impossible to leave a dead body for 2 hours (funeral duration) in the trunk under 35ºC without smelling foul odor. No funeral guest noticed any foul odor from the trunk that day.
Husband was acquitted on appeal because of such sloppy evidence by LE with tunnel vision.

Or Suzie Viguier's case, same issue, same end outcome.

So, either WSB's husband is truly guilty, or LE work in tunnel vision mindset.

Based on the info we have, I can't exclude husband being the perfect suspect without any solid evidence against him.

I know that the prime suspect is always family or the last person to see MP alive. Of course LE could be wrong. It was just my opinion. I don't think this leads us anywhere near fiding out whether Wendy is BG or not. We should leave it to the DNA comparison. But I don't know how to properly submit a MP so I'll leave it to the more experienced.

I understand it was your opinion.

However, it can help finding if WSB can be a potential match or not.
Because if material evidence are so weak it questions LE's suspicions, match is much more likely.

OTOH, if LE's suspicions are based on strong material evidence, a match is unlikely.

It can rule her out before DNA comparison, but it won't rule her in.

My idea is that before submitting this potential match, let review what kind of evidence LE has against husband.
If evidence against LE is weak, it'll be easier to convince LE to run a DNA analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member