TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: This is in reply to the question of how is this not terrorism.

As I understand it, it's all about motive.

A crazy like Adam Lanza shoots up a school, it's not terrorism because his intention was not to inspire fear of another attack.

Dylann Roof shooting up a black church in hopes of sparking a race war is terrorism.

This is overly simplistic but that's the gist.

They are often consumed by envy.

Murderous Envy
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/keeping-kids-safe/200905/murderous-envy

Envy is a common feeling. In most instances, it is a harmless matter of people wishing they had someone else's attributes or possessions. In some cases, however, envy can be a motivation for murder. Earlier this month, Stephen Morgan killed Johanna Justin-Jinich, a student at Wesleyan University. Beyond the murder of Johanna, with whom he had been obsessed for a long time, Morgan had written in his journal that he thought it was "okay" to "go on a killing spree at this school" (i.e., Wesleyan). Why did he want to kill people at Wesleyan? His journal gives us a clue. In an entry written approximately two hours before the murder, Morgan referred to all the smart and beautiful people at Wesleyan. This suggests that envy may have been a factor in his planned killing spree. If so, he would not have been the first school shooter to envy the people he wished to kill.

At Columbine High School, Dylan Klebold envied the social successes of the school's athletes. In his journal, he wrote, "I see jocks having fun, friends, women." In another entry he wrote, "I hated the happiness that they [jocks] have." In contrast, he wrote about himself as being so different from everyone else that he seemed to believe he was not truly human or capable of functioning like a human being.

At Virginia Tech, Seung Hui Cho criticized people as stuck-up hedonists. He stated, "Your Mercedes wasn't enough, you brats. Your golden necklaces weren't enough, you snobs." Despite this hostility, Cho wished he could join them: "Oh the happiness I could have had mingling among you hedonists, being counted as one of you." It seems that his antipathy toward them was driven by his inability to be included among them.

You are right on with that. I'm certain the coward in Las Vegas was the same. For all his money he really had nothing. Nothing but sociopathic tendencies.

This is a main-stream source quoting supposed authorities given a name, but consider it preliminary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/us/church-shooting-texas.html

Two law enforcement sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the continuing investigation, identified the gunman as Devin P. Kelley, 26.

Mr. Cuellar, who said he was briefed by law enforcement authorities, said the gunman came from Comal County, which is northeast of San Antonio.

I have been sitting here reading since the first post and I have sat here in stunned silence and tears.

I watched some of them speak and you can tell these are salt of the earth people... sometimes the best kind of people there are. They may not have a lot of money but in towns like this they are a very close knit community and most would give the shirt off their backs to help anyone in need. Usually their religious faith is very strong.

I believe the entire town will come together and grieve together as one family. In tiny towns like this most in the city/county know each other well or are kin in someway. Imo, even LE and the first responders will most likely be kin to the people who where murdered and injured today. That has to be traumatizing itself for them as well.:(

Just when I think my heart cant be more broken for my fellow citizens in our nation along comes another horrendous deed that breaks it even more. :( People in our country should feel and be safe in our churches where we come to worship. There have been several cases, one quite recently, where someone shot others while they were at church. Churches have become soft targets for those who have such violent rage in their hearts.:(

He wanted to kill everyone there including small children. Everyone there. WHY? In the end though I don't care what his motive might have been. There is no motive that will ever make sense. I do care that 27 good people are dead by his hands and many more clinging to life because of him. :mad:

He thought he could escape after doing this but thankfully he was stopped in his tracks for good.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families who have lost dear loved ones today and I pray the others who are injured will recover. God bless them and everyone in Texas.

JMO

Don't deer hunters wear orange so they don't shoot each other?

Yes. Or, some brightly-colored clothing.

I have many more words, but will only state that my thoughts and prayers are with those affected, and the community of Sutherland Springs.

Zipping my lip and sitting on my hands.

I personally don't think this is the shooter. This has become an internet hoax. This was after the Las Vegas shooting.

"Among the hoaxes was a series of posts identifying the gunman as comedian Sam Hyde. It’s become a disturbing routine for online trolls who have identified Hyde as a suspect in the 2015 San Bernardino shooting and again in a shooting at UCLA last year."

http://ktla.com/2017/10/02/beware-these-hoaxes-circulating-after-las-vegas-mass-shooting/

Wow. Ok. Got it.

I find it particularly disgusting to make light of such horror like this by making a joke. What kind of creeps do that?

I have been sitting here reading since the first post and I have sat here in stunned silence and tears.

I watched some of them speak and you can tell these are salt of the earth people... sometimes the best kind of people there are. They may not have a lot of money but in towns like this they are a very close knit community and most would give the shirt off their backs to help anyone in need. Usually their religious faith is very strong.

I believe the entire town will come together and grieve together as one family. In tiny towns like this most in the city/county know each other well or are kin in someway. Imo, even LE and the first responders will most likely be kin to the people who where murdered and injured today. That has to be traumatizing itself for them as well.:(

Just when I think my heart cant be more broken for my fellow citizens in our nation along comes another horrendous deed that breaks it even more. :( People in our country should feel and be safe in our churches were we come to worship. There have been several cases, one quite recently, where someone shot others while they were at church. Churches have become soft targets for those who have such violent rage in their hearts.:(

He wanted to kill everyone there including small children. Everyone there. WHY? In the end though I don't care what his motive might have been. There is no motive that will ever make sense. I do care that 27 good people are dead by his hands and many more clinging to life because of him. :mad:

He thought he could escape after doing this but thankfully he was stopped in his tracks for good.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families who have lost dear loved ones today and I pray the others who are injured will recover. God bless them and everyone in Texas.

JMO

I feel you Ocean. Particularly disturbing. Church or temple or synagogue whatever. I can remember when I started to realize that being in church might not be safe anymore.

You are right on with that. I'm certain the coward in Las Vegas was the same. For all his money he really had nothing. Nothing but sociopathic tendencies.

I would not be surprised if Stephen Paddock was consumed by envy. He sees people enjoying themselves at Route 91 Harvest Festival.

Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Seung-Hui Cho, Omar Mateen, Tsarnaev Brothers, Sayfulla Saipov, and 9/11 Terrorists are consumed by envy.

Plenty of non mass killers are consumed by envy like Jodi Arias, Betty Broderick, Lori Drew, Casey Anthony, Yoselyn Ortega, Vester Flanagan, Christy Sheats, Gertrude Baniszewski, and Theresa Knorr to name a few.

Fox News saying shooter white male in 20’s from outside San Antonio area. Had Assault rifle’s pictures on Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read it was someone with the initials DK
assault rifle on his Social Media page

Fox News saying shooter white male in 20’s from outside San Antonio area. Had Assault rifle’s pictures on Facebook page.

I wish they would just give descriptions and never names or photos. Small creep without a soul whose notoriety is just going to inspire the next small creep without a soul.

If you go to FB you can see SS of his FB page. He had a gun for his profile pic and it looks like he was an atheist.

There is a name of a local that is being repeated a lot on social media, but there are people who say they are family members and that it is not him. Apparently a local said the name on a news broadcast as who they believed it was and it spread, plus spreading through local rumors. But who knows if it's true or not, unless I hear it through solid media sources saying it's so (and not just quoting someone) or on a press conference it's just a rumor.

I was researching the local’s fb and it shows he was married on 11-05-2011. Coincidence?

UPDATE: @CBSNews reports that Devin Patrick Kelley, 26, is the suspect behind today's church shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member