Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a question for everyone-

What would this case look like if SP's phone hadn't been left behind?

Would it have made national news?

Would she have shown up or been dropped off 22 days later?

I keep getting this message when I click on the link:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.websleuths.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

You can remove the "s" from "https". Like this: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13756889

This website uses a self-signed security certificate and it expired in 2016. Nothing to be alarmed about.

He could have rounded off to 100.. Since he said she lost 15% of her body weight, and 100 down to 87 is 13%, maybe she told him after the fact that her weight had been more like 102.

Interestingly, she was really underweight even at 100. If you look at height and weight charts, 114 would have been "low" for a 5'4" female. It would have been low for someone who is 4'10".
I think it depends entirely on the person's bone structure & genetic makeup. I'm 4'10" & have weighed between 116 & 85 lbs over the past few years. At 116 I was on the plump side of "healthy", at 85 I was a bit frail. Right now I hover around 90 and look/feel proportionally appropriate.

I don't know what her weight was in most of the pictures I've seen, but she apears to be small-boned and not unhealthy. That said, 87# for her would definitely be of concern.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I had to think about this for a moment. I haven't seen anything indicating that KP tried to call his wife when he could not find her. This is puzzling to me. Instead, he used an App to locate her phone, located her phone, took photos of it before picking it up, then called 911. All puzzling. Can't really figure this out.

So, if he could not locate her, he should have tried calling her immediately. If she had not left the phone behind but took it with her instead, I don't believe we would have ever known about this case at all. He would have called her, she probably would have answered and told him that she had left him and the kids and he would have dealt with it in another totally different way. IMO

I had to think about this for a moment. I haven't seen anything indicating that KP tried to call his wife when he could not find her. This is puzzling to me. Instead, he used an App to locate her phone, located her phone, took photos of it before picking it up, then called 911. All puzzling. Can't really figure this out.

So, if he could not locate her, he should have tried calling her immediately. If she had not left the phone behind but too it with her instead, I don't believe we would have ever known about this case at all. He would have called her, she probably would have answered and told him that she had left him and the kids and he would have dealt with it in another totally different way. IMO
Yep.
Call a few ER's...
Drive her jogging route. See if she fell.
MOO

If this was only about a partial wrapped present at their home, it would be different than the phone at the intersection. Going off the 911 call versus how LE has described the scene, KP probably would have said he found her hair ripped off by the present and that she was grabbed while wrapping. With the hair being ripped out claims by KP, I think that would have got a lot of media attention too.

I did. And thought the exact same thing. Everything I've learned about trauma is that you can't help but remember. Sometimes you remember worse than actually happened but you can't help but remember. That's the cruelty of PTSD. It retraumatizes the victim over and over and over.
Unfortunately, you can lose your memory of traumatic events. I have no memory of one, but witnesses and le/hospital photos after the event. It was ten years ago and I have no recollection of a few minutes. Never have. But I don't think it works the way Sherri seems to be experiencing it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My husband has severe combat PTSD from Desert Storm. I WISH he would/could forget his traumatic experiences.
Living with him, I have unfortunately learned quite a bit about memories.
I agree with what most of you are saying here. PTSD doesn't block out memories. No, it hangs right onto them and assaults their holder sometimes with the slightest of triggers.
A smell, a sound, taste of a food, even just random words.
I find it difficult to believe that she can't remember anything. Of course, all people are different, so I can't call her an out and out liar.
It's just one of the parts of this whole production that makes me doubt that she is being truthful, for whatever reason.
My doctor says that you can not remember traumatic events because your brain is trying to protect you. That's how it was explained to me since I have no memory of something that happened to me. It happens. But I don't think Sherri is in this category.

I wonder if people with PTSD like to talk about what caused their trauma? Or do they tend to avoid talking about it?

If pushed to talk about the trauma would they leave things out or say they don't remember details in order to shorten the conversation?
I think it depends on the person, and where they are in the process of healing.

I thought his entire statement was strange and incredibly hyperbolic. KP seems to have a flair for the dramatics.

The statement is a lie. Totally.

Thanks for the empathy, y'all, but I'm fine and have received nothing but support (including here on WS, in the Bill Cosby thread ages ago) when I finally began talking about what happened.

My (ex) fiance's response was so devastating because he asked me the same question I had tormented myself with, which was, basically, why I had put myself in such a vulnerable position? To hear it from someone else was to have my own self-blame reaffirmed, no matter what his intent.

(Very briefly, the cop had intervened to prevent someone close to me from harming himself, then offered to help me understand why that person was so desperate, and to suggest ways I could help. I was 17. When he told me he could only do that on his own time, and invited me to his house so we could talk, I trusted him and went, and was raped).

I was mistakenly sure I was to blame for what he did, and I had done absolutely nothing to invite, encourage, or to earn in any way whatsoever his violence against me.

My point in speculating about SP being reluctant to tell what happened because of how the community already feels about her is that if she knew who or why she was targeted , and had done something that triggered that kind of (unforgivable) incredible rage & violence in someone, I don't know how in the world she wouldn't blame herself and be unwilling to make her self-blame (and reasons for it) known.

It's reprehensible that anyone would blame anyone for being victimized. Your posts make me think. You were an innocent kid. It's ridiculous to blame you.

If SP was doing something she doesn't want anyone to know about that resulted in the attack, IMO, she's not at fault either. The only people responsible for crimes are the criminals. Period.

[bbm]

I missed this detail. What blog?

Stephanopoulos asked Bosenko about a widely circulated online post on a now-defunct website called “Skinheadz.com that allegedly was signed by a “Sherri Graeff” – Papini’s maiden name.
In the post, the writer said that while growing up in Shasta Lake, she got into two fights with Latinos who targeted her because “she was drug-free, white and proud of my blood and heritage.”Though the website since has been shut down, it’s still available through an online site that archives old web pages.
“We are familiar with that posting,” Bosenko told Stephanopoulos. “That is about 13 years old, and our investigators are looking into that as well.”
The author wrote in the post that in one fight, she slammed a woman’s head onto bleachers and was “pounding her face.”

“It took three full-sized men to pull me off of her,” the post reads. “I broke her nose and split her eyebrow.”
In another confrontation, the author said, she was jumped by a group of Latinos. During the fight, the author wrote, someone broke her leg with a board.
“Being white is more than just being aware of my skin, but of standing behind Skinheads – who are always around, in spirit, as well – and having pride for my country,” the post concludes. “Being white is my family, my roots, my way of life. It’s always there. There’s no denying it. It’s nobility. It’s strength. It will be there to lift me up when I really need my pride, when I need to ‘keep walking.’ ”
https://sacbee.relaymedia.com/amp/n...eferral&utm_campaign=amp&utm_source=www.sacbe ne.com-RelayMediaAMP

I have a question.

Let’s say SP returns but doesn’t say anything to LE. Zip, nadda , nothing.

She can’t be charged with anything because she didn’t alleged anything, correct?

People are allowed to disappear if they want. I mean it’s not against the law.

But this became so much bigger than a runaway wife..media, searches etc.

So instead this morphed into Gone, Girl 2...maybe not by design but by desperation .

Anyway.. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She could not be charged for disappearing. You're right. If anyone makes a false statement to police, that would be criminal.

So, if he could not locate her, he should have tried calling her immediately. If she had not left the phone behind but took it with her instead, I don't believe we would have ever known about this case at all. He would have called her, she probably would have answered and told him that she had left him and the kids and he would have dealt with it in another totally different way. IMO

Here's the thing: We have a statement from a reporter that he said he did indeed text and call SP prior to using findmyiphone.

Now he didnt say that in the 911 call and it was cut from the interview. But if he didn't do those things yet told a reporter he did, that's easy to determine and would be a pretty big lie. I think LE would have a problem with such a crucial lie.

That makes me think he really did call and text her first.

Have LE confirmed that there was indeed SP's hair ripped out and found on the headphones/phone or is this statement only come from what Keith said? I just wonder if he embellished the details in order to bring more urgency to them looking for her.

I don't think it would have changed anything. The presence or absence of a phone doesn't change the narrative of a young wife and mother going missing with her car still in the driveway and her kids at daycare. It would still make the news, and she would still come back when she came back (though she might say they took her phone and destroyed it).

The statement is a lie. Totally.

It's reprehensible that anyone would blame anyone for being victimized. Your posts make me think. You were an innocent kid. It's ridiculous to blame you.

If SP was doing something she doesn't want anyone to know about that resulted in the attack, IMO, she's not at fault either. The only people responsible for crimes are the criminals. Period.

Stephanopoulos asked Bosenko about a widely circulated online post on a now-defunct website called “Skinheadz.com that allegedly was signed by a “Sherri Graeff” – Papini’s maiden name.
In the post, the writer said that while growing up in Shasta Lake, she got into two fights with Latinos who targeted her because “she was drug-free, white and proud of my blood and heritage.”Though the website since has been shut down, it’s still available through an online site that archives old web pages.
“We are familiar with that posting,” Bosenko told Stephanopoulos. “That is about 13 years old, and our investigators are looking into that as well.”
The author wrote in the post that in one fight, she slammed a woman’s head onto bleachers and was “pounding her face.”

“It took three full-sized men to pull me off of her,” the post reads. “I broke her nose and split her eyebrow.”
In another confrontation, the author said, she was jumped by a group of Latinos. During the fight, the author wrote, someone broke her leg with a board.
“Being white is more than just being aware of my skin, but of standing behind Skinheads – who are always around, in spirit, as well – and having pride for my country,” the post concludes. “Being white is my family, my roots, my way of life. It’s always there. There’s no denying it. It’s nobility. It’s strength. It will be there to lift me up when I really need my pride, when I need to ‘keep walking.’ ”
https://sacbee.relaymedia.com/amp/n...eferral&utm_campaign=amp&utm_source=www.sacbe ne.com-RelayMediaAMP

Sure do agree that the "only people responsible for crimes are those who commit them, period," and that this applies to SP as well, if the speculation is correct is that something she didn't want folks to know about triggered what happened to her.

That's why it's possible for me to believe she might well have done/been doing something she didn't want folks to know about AND that she was victimized & traumatized AND that she isn't telling LE everything she knows AND that given the attack might well have been purely personal, she might feel justified in not saying more to LE (no one else is in danger if so, etc.)

Sure do agree that the "only people responsible for crimes are those who commit them, period," and that this applies to SP as well, if the speculation is correct is that something she didn't want folks to know about triggered what happened to her.

That's why it's possible for me to believe she might well have done/been doing something she didn't want folks to know about AND that she was victimized & traumatized AND that she isn't telling LE everything she knows AND that given the attack might well have been purely personal, she might feel justified in not saying more to LE (no one else is in danger if so, etc.)

Well, if she has intentionally withheld information, or changed the facts to avoid embarrassment, then she's guilty of obstructing an investigation. And she would have for a year tied up investigators needlessly - investigators who could have been working on real missing persons cases. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars that have been spent by LE and taxpayers and private donations online.

I don't understand KP bypassing LE and going with CG to put up money for the safe return of SP. Why did he think she was still alive by the time the CG person came around? LE was not happy with KP. I don't think they are happy with SP. I understand a person would need funds to search for a missing loved one as they are not able to work during that time, but they played on people's sympathy that SP was missing and endangered to collect funds and that is not right if SP was doing something that she didn't want folks to know about even if it went awry. That would put a different spin on the entire scenario. The money would need to be returned and the public would be owed an apology.

Well, if she has intentionally withheld information, or changed the facts to avoid embarrassment, then she's guilty of obstructing an investigation. And she would have for a year tied up investigators needlessly - investigators who could have been working on real missing persons cases. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars that have been spent by LE and taxpayers and private donations online.

Yes! This ^^^ :bow:

I don't understand KP bypassing LE and going with CG to put up money for the safe return of SP. Why did he think she was still alive by the time the CG person came around? LE was not happy with KP. I don't think they are happy with SP. I understand a person would need funds to search for a missing loved one as they are not able to work during that time, but they played on people's sympathy that SP was missing and endangered to collect funds and that is not right if SP was doing something that she didn't want folks to know about even if it went awry. That would put a different spin on the entire scenario. The money would need to be returned and the public would be owed an apology.

People wont believe their loved one is dead until there's no hope left. That doesn't happen in two weeks.

I would do anything to get my spouse back or child or any loved one.

She was released after he listed the reward. Immediately after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase