Senate Candidate Roy Moore accused of molesting 14yo girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are slowly climbing out from under the rocks. First Kellyanne Conway with her purposely muddled message. Now Sam Nunberg, former Trump campaign aide, is saying on MSNBC that Trump should encourage Alabama voters to vote for needed tax cuts and...Roy Moore

I watched it. It was heartbreaking.

This weekend I also watched the Elizabeth Smart story on A&E. Elizabeth Smart was 14 when a religious man wanted her to be his bride, too. How is anyone okay with this?

The Elizabeth Smart story, I meant to watch that too, and forgot, was different in that she was actually kidnapped and held against her will for years. In Moore's case, he's just actively trolling for under age females, publicly, and even though folks even said they found it weird, he is in a position of Power, so he gets a pass.

Power is why they are willing to pervert scripture, and look the other way, right now. Some of the same folks who claim to belong to the "moral majority".

It's just like Watergate. “I would walk over my grandmother if necessary to get Richard Nixon reelected as president. - Chuck Colson, Special Counsel to President Richard Nixon from 1969 to 1973

They don't care about HIS morals, as long as he says he'll vote for what THEY want.

Governor Kay Ivey says that she believes the women's claims against Roy, but she will still be casting her vote for him. Gross.

Gov. Kay Ivey to vote for Roy Moore in U.S. Senate race

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gov_kay_ivey_to_vote_for_roy_m.html

[FONT=&amp]Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey said today she plans to vote for Roy Moore in the Dec. 12 election for the U.S. Senate despite allegations of Moore's sexual encounters with teenage girls about 40 years ago, which Moore has adamantly denied.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Ivey, answering questions from reporters after the traditional Thanksgiving turkey pardon event at the governor's mansion, said protecting the Republican majority in the Senate was a major factor.[/FONT]

Because the GOP, y'all.

I am struggling with the idea that it is politics over people. Where is the moral fiber of these people? I think I have seen it all. A known pedophile seated in the senate all in the name of a supreme court nominee and tax cuts. Heaven help us.

Governor Kay Ivey says that she believes the women's claims against Roy, but she will still be casting her vote for him. Gross.

That's truly disturbing. I have voted since the day I was old enough to go to the polls. I have voted across party lines, and, have voted third party, and have written in candidates. This past election, was just the worst presidential election, I have ever seen, and hope never to see another like it, ever, again. I had folks in my family, and friends, who waffled from Kasich, to Trump, to Bernie, to Hillary, to Johnson, to Stein, to writing in their Dog's name, or even their own... But, seriously?! This is just beyond. Al Franken did enough for me to want him to be ousted, or at the very least censured (He should never run again, either.) Good grief.

The core Republican Party is going to have to pull together and pretty much say, Vote for the other guy. Something similar happened back in 1991, with Pres. George H., when David Duke, the grand poobaa of the kkk, ran for office. Pres. Bush's statement at the time, could have a couple words changed and be used for Moore:

The President said, "I have got to be careful, because I don't want to tell the voters of Louisiana how to cast their ballot."
Yet he said: "When someone has a long record, an ugly record of racism and of bigotry, that record simply cannot be erased by the glib rhetoric of a political campaign. So I believe David Duke is an insincere charlatan. I believe he's attempting to hoodwink the voters of Louisiana, I believe he should be rejected for what he is and what he stands for."

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/11/07/u...h-denounces-duke-as-racist-and-charlatan.html

Gov. Kay Ivey to vote for Roy Moore in U.S. Senate race

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gov_kay_ivey_to_vote_for_roy_m.html

Because the GOP, y'all.

There are plenty of *******s on both sides of the aisle, and plenty of people on both sides of the aisle willing to make excuses and look the other way if it serves their agenda. Doesn't matter if it's sex, money, or murder; immoral or illegal; left or right; R or D. And it's been that way forever.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There are plenty of *******s on both sides of the aisle, and plenty of people on both sides of the aisle willing to make excuses and look the other way if it serves their agenda. Doesn't matter if it's sex, money, or murder; immoral or illegal; left or right; R or D. And it's been that way forever.

Dang straight! Toss'em all out.

Next batch will be just as bad. People are people.

I am not so sure that this has to be the way it is. If power corrupts, let's do something so that there is little opportunity to be corrupted. Campaign finance. Ethics disclosures with independent oversight. Training with compliance officers who are in charge of leading investigations.

It is true that in politics it is about the art of bargaining. However, it is possible to do that without the kind of crap we are seeing in our elected officials.

I am not so sure that this has to be the way it is. If power corrupts, let's do something so that there is little opportunity to be corrupted. Campaign finance. Ethics disclosures with independent oversight. Training with compliance officers who are in charge of leading investigations.

It is true that in politics it is about the art of bargaining. However, it is possible to do that without the kind of crap we are seeing in our elected officials.

It shouldn't be too much to expect our elected representatives not to harass or grope young women. Or have sex at work. Or make sexist remarks to their colleagues. People are people but there are adults who respect boundaries and the law.

Next batch will be just as bad. People are people.

I agree, but, we can vote them out too. Don't let them sit in there, year after year, after year, until they become ancient dinosaurs, who have racked up millions off of our electing them, over, and over, and over, again.

This is very common in evangelical Christians. Men are encouraged to find 15-16 year old girls and “court” aka groom them as “helpmeets” and with the parents permission.

http://verifiedpolitics.com/woman-r...just-revealed-real-reason-behind-sex-scandal/

No, this may be common in one "sect" of the evangelical church. I've been to enough of them to know that it was not taught in any of them that I attended. Period. It's just like there is a "sect" or offshoot, to use another word for it, of the evangelical church, who are snake handlers. They keep, and handle, poisonous snakes, rattlers, usually, and worship with them draped about their necks and off their arms. Some will even drink poison. If they get bitten, or get sick, they feel their faith was not strong enough. No ambulance is called. They are taken home to live or die. Although, the churches I have attended would be considered evangelical, I have NEVER had this taught as doctrine, in any church that I have ever attended. However, the pastors, and church members, of this splinter, sect/offshoot, of the church, take these verses, from Acts 28:3-5 and Mark 16:18, and have misinterpreted them (to say it lightly and imo). My point being, just because some folks have bought into this home school, grooming, b.s., does not mean that it is being taught all throughout the churches, as doctrine.

Trump just basically endorsed the accused pedophile, Roy Moore, saying he had denied accusations. As for himself, Trump said, "Women are very special," and said he was happy "things were coming out." No word on why Moore's accusers or his own should be disbelieved. From Fox, MSNBC news reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288