Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Carl, sure it might be offtopic but I was just replying to the photo of the woman you posted. I don't think she's WCJD but she looks close to the JD i linked to. Missing at the same time, similar nose, similar teeth. You even made a reconstruction for her. What do you think?

That's a very interesting theory. So maybe this woman raised the baby or possibly sold the baby. In this case they would likely not put her in school for the fear of being found out (hence why no one recognizes her).
The only problem I see would be they should have found a match with DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She may have even enrolled her in school. Suzanne Sevekis Comes to mind. She was very intelligent and even got a scholarship while she was being raised by her long time kidnapper. Franklin D Floyd. she did die in 1990 by a hit and run. She was just identified in the past 2 or 3 years. Here is a little information from that case. http://www.mattbirkbeck.com/a-beautiful-child.html

Pem definitely does look like WCJD in that one image.

But the big thing that throws me off is that to me, naming Rockport/Port Aransas as your hometown seems pretty specific. I feel like a runaway from out of state would just name a big city, like Houston or San Antonio or Dallas. I feel like to name Rockport or Port Aransas you'd have to at least been through there.

I do feel like WCJD was a Texas girl, or had at least been in Texas for awhile before her murder. I just feel like at the time she went missing, no one cared (like family). Young teens often run away from home and sometimes their parents never report them missing. Maybe her parents were young.. divorced.. drugs..abusive. Maybe she was in the foster care system. Maybe her parents died when she was a teen. Unfortunately there are a million scenarios. It is a shame that such a young girl was not reported missing and no one seems to be looking for her. I also find it very strange that such a young girl was hitching around the state alone.. must have been scary. I almost think she must have been around the area, no reports that she had a suitcase, extra clothes, backpack.. nothing but the cloths on her back. Because of this.. I think she had been staying near by. Plus high healed sandals aren’t exactly hitchhiking shoes.

She could have copied someone on the Rockport/ Port Aranas.
Maybe while making small talk with someone giving her a ride, they mentioned they were from Rockport/ Port Aranas
If she was trying to conceal her identity it makes sense that she would try and hide where she was really from.

I do feel like WCJD was a Texas girl, or had at least been in Texas for awhile before her murder. I just feel like at the time she went missing, no one cared (like family). Young teens often run away from home and sometimes their parents never report them missing. Maybe her parents were young.. divorced.. drugs..abusive. Maybe she was in the foster care system. Maybe her parents died when she was a teen. Unfortunately there are a million scenarios. It is a shame that such a young girl was not reported missing and no one seems to be looking for her. I also find it very strange that such a young girl was hitching around the state alone.. must have been scary. I almost think she must have been around the area, no reports that she had a suitcase, extra clothes, backpack.. nothing but the cloths on her back. Because of this.. I think she had been staying near by. Plus high healed sandals aren’t exactly hitchhiking shoes.

No, high heels are definitely not ideal for hitchhiking, but my friend did that one time when we were in HS. She got all gussied up to hitchhike two hours away to surprise her new bf. She wasn't thinking past impressing him and looking good when she set out on the road.

I've always thought the totality of her circumstances pointing to a very poorly thought out adventure: The inappropriate shoes, the lack of so much as a backpack of other supplies, and the lack of knowledge as to visitation procedures at the prison, etc. It also makes me think she hadn't traveled particularly far, but if that were the case, I can't see why someone in the general area wouldn't have recognized her.

I've always thought the totality of her circumstances pointing to a very poorly thought out adventure: The inappropriate shoes, the lack of so much as a backpack of other supplies, and the lack of knowledge as to visitation procedures at the prison, etc. It also makes me think she hadn't traveled particularly far, but if that were the case, I can't see why someone in the general area wouldn't have recognized her.

We have no clue what her shoes looked like except they were platform sandles which many of us wore. She many have gotten locked out of her house dressed like that and had no choice.

True. Maybe she wasn’t planning on hitchhiking and was riding with someone to the prison, got into an argument and they kicked her out of the car.

We have no clue what her shoes looked like except they were platform sandles which many of us wore. She many have gotten locked out of her house dressed like that and had no choice.

I agree. It might have been a situation where she had the clothes on her back. But, I do wonder if she was more local to the area having so few items. Was she robbed of possessions on the road? Had taken a bus as far as her money would go? Is it possible she ran away and was headed near the prison to find a family member? A father who lost track or her or didn’t know she was born?

True. Maybe she wasn’t planning on hitchhiking and was riding with someone to the prison, got into an argument and they kicked her out of the car.

Great thought! I thought of that as well. Maybe friends who were acquaintances? Maybe that’s where they were headed so she was trying to reunite with them?

I agree. It might have been a situation where she had the clothes on her back. But, I do wonder if she was more local to the area having so few items. Was she robbed of possessions on the road? Had taken a bus as far as her money would go? Is it possible she ran away and was headed near the prison to find a family member? A father who lost track or her or didn’t know she was born?

Replied on my tablet, went to edit, it deleted

Good thought, look at Grateful Dead Fan/ Jason. He had a backpack that someone took off with. Was probably going home when he died. She could have lost her bag/ pocket book

What if she was going or coming from a concert but got left behind?

Exactly my thoughts, her kicked out of a car.

That would be soooo weird to me. What friend kicks a friend out of a car, somewhere in the middle of who knows where???

That would be soooo weird to me. What friend kicks a friend out of a car, somewhere in the middle of who knows where???

The Simpsons:

Grampa: If I hadn't taken that stupid tonic 38 years ago, you'd have never been born and I'd have been happy. You were an accident!
Homer: [gasps, stops the car] Get out.
Grampa: I'm sorry I said that.
Homer: Out.
Grampa: I'm going to get out of the car, and I hope you'll find it in your heart not to drive away... [Homer drives off] Well, I'll be all right as long as I can remember my army training. [later that night, he still stands there] Dang.

The Simpsons:

Grampa: If I hadn't taken that stupid tonic 38 years ago, you'd have never been born and I'd have been happy. You were an accident!
Homer: [gasps, stops the car] Get out.
Grampa: I'm sorry I said that.
Homer: Out.
Grampa: I'm going to get out of the car, and I hope you'll find it in your heart not to drive away... [Homer drives off] Well, I'll be all right as long as I can remember my army training. [later that night, he still stands there] Dang.

I keep thinking she's "Kathy" in the hotel and the brother and sister said she had very little clothes...maybe she asked people..?the couple, people at the hotel, for a ride and nobody was headed in that direction. Maybe she thought if she went into truckstop and asked loudly for directions, that someone would say I'm going that way and will take you. But instead someone heard and followed, knowing she was alone.

Where she was found, a few miles north of Huntsville, Texas on IH-45, Probably doesn't say much. She was just dumped off the highway. No one bothered to hide her body, the driver was just in the rush to get rid of her and dumped her like trash.

https://www.google.se/maps/@30.7679...4!1s1oioI2gEMYy4yI8tRxDVQQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Hitchin’ Post truck stop on the map, probaby where she hitched a ride from the trucker that killed her. On the same map I can see there is a greyhoud bus stop, is it possible she came with the grayhound? or is there any track or sightsing of the girl before she came to Huntsville?

https://www.google.se/maps/place/Hi...b3016635ce40c8!8m2!3d30.7388849!4d-95.5906677

Ellis prison unit on map, north of Huntsville

https://www.google.se/maps/place/TD...5bc3aba9fa1dec!8m2!3d30.8850267!4d-95.4554411

Rockport/Aranas pass, Texas where the girl stated she came from, well if she was heading to that prison it makes sense she came from the south. Doesnt look like the girl had been on the road for long, perhaps she was even from Texas? I know she's not been on yearbooks but there must be some connection to Rockport, otherwise why would she mention it and not say Houston? maybe she was staying with realtives she didnt like or on a youth center?

https://www.google.se/maps/place/Ro...ea20360a83961c!8m2!3d28.0205733!4d-97.0544341

I always thought that the guy who let her out at Gulf Oil was someone she was hitchhiking with. As to why she got out of the car where she did, she might have just known that the prison was "in Huntsville" and since it's not a big town, just decided to get out at the first exit, thinking it couldn't be that long of a walk. At the Gulf Oil, she might have just been told the distance kind of generally, then she walked five miles, got lost (since Hitchin' Post isn't the right way from Gulf Oil), then found out at Hitchin' Post she still had 15 miles to go and decided to try for another ride.

I don’t think she ever left the truck stop alive. I think she got into a truck there, was killed and dumped. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member