FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T, article re: mass/school shooters (yes, I know this situation in Tampa is not a cool shooting, etc.----my point is experts seem to agree in various articles that there are are warning signs that usually precede such violent behavior....so, if so, who has he told/what warning signs were there, if any?)

The Warning Signs of a Mass Shooting
Though profiles are not predictors, these experts say there are warning signs.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/12/the-warning-signs-of-a-mass-shooting/433527/

There are warning signs with any and every type of violent behavior, although sometimes those signs occur very quickly.

From The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker:

We all can imagine every human feeling and that ability makes us experts at predicting what others will do. Evolution gave us introspection so we could model other human beings, and therefore, predict human behavior. We still have stone-age minds; we are still competitive, territorial, and violent like our ancestors. It is recognizing the sameness in us that allows us to accurately predict violent behavior.

It's really about recognizing the play from a few lines of dialogue. It's about trusting that the behavior of a character will be consistent with his perception of a situation. Human action cannot land without impulse, and impulse cannot land without that which triggers it. Each step is preceded by the step before it.

We must ask ourselves if the actor will perceive violence as moving him toward a desired outcome or away from it. The conscious or unconscious decision to use violence usually boils down to how a person perceives four simple issues: justification, alternatives, consequences, and ability (JACA).

Justification - Do they feel justified in using violence? Have they shifted from "what you've done angers me" to "what you've done is wrong"? Do they feel they've been intentionally provoked?

Alternatives - Do they see other alternatives to reach the desired outcome? A person who sees no other alternative will fight even when violence isn't justified, even when consequences are perceived as unfavorable, and even when the ability to prevail is low.

Consequences - How does the person view the consequences associated with using violence? Consequences may seem intolerable for those whose identity and self-image would be too damaged if they used violence, but context can change that (like the normally passive person who becomes violent in a crowd or mob.) Violence can be made tolerable by the support and encouragement of others. If consequences are perceived as favorable, as with the assassin who seeks attention, violence is likely.

Ability - Do they believe they can successfully deliver the blows or bullets or bomb? Those who possess weapons, or other advantages, perceive a high ability to use violence.

A few signs that someone may be predetermined for violent behavior: criminality in childhood, a victim of neglect and/or abuse, they exhibit signs of recklessness and bravado, and they lack an aversion to situations that shock most others (for example, a person who witnesses a hostile argument and remains calm while everyone else is shaken up). Like a surgeon who loses his aversion to blood and gore, violent offenders lose their aversion to hostility.

1. Always listen to your intuition. It always has your best interests at heart.

2. Pay attention to the use of dark humor. It's commonly used to voice true concerns without the risk of looking silly or showing overt fear. (Example: A plant worker was heard telling his coworkers, "that's probably just Westbecher coming back to finish us off," in response to a sound they heard coming from outside. Unfortunately, the man was right and the disgruntled employee walked in shooting just minutes later.) The statement can often sound outlandish, but the point is that the idea entered into your conscious mind for a reason. Why?

3. The messengers of intuition (from the least urgent to the most urgent):

nagging feelings
persistent thoughts
humor
wonder
anxiety
curiosity
hunches
gut feelings
doubt
hesitation
suspicion
apprehension
fear

I just thought I'd share a bit of the book with you guys. I order everyone to read it. It's the most important and insightful book I've ever read.

The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
(PS. You can download it for free with Kindle Unlimited).

There are warning signs with any and every type of violent behavior, although sometimes those signs occur very quickly.

From The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker:

We all can imagine every human feeling and that ability makes us experts at predicting what others will do. Evolution gave us introspection so we could model other human beings, and therefore, predict human behavior. We still have stone-age minds; we are still competitive, territorial, and violent like our ancestors. It is recognizing the sameness in us that allows us to accurately predict violent behavior.

It's really about recognizing the play from a few lines of dialogue. It's about trusting that the behavior of a character will be consistent with his perception of a situation. Human action cannot land without impulse, and impulse cannot land without that which triggers it. Each step is preceded by the step before it.

We must ask ourselves if the actor will perceive violence as moving him toward a desired outcome or away from it. The conscious or unconscious decision to use violence usually boils down to how a person perceives four simple issues: justification, alternatives, consequences, and ability (JACA).

Justification - Do they feel justified in using violence? Have they shifted from "what you've done angers me" to "what you've done is wrong"? Do they feel they've been intentionally provoked?

Alternatives - Do they see other alternatives to reach the desired outcome? A person who sees no other alternative will fight even when violence isn't justified, even when consequences are perceived as unfavorable, and even when the ability to prevail is low.

Consequences - How does the person view the consequences associated with using violence? Consequences may seem intolerable for those whose identity and self-image would be too damaged if they used violence, but context can change that (like the normally passive person who becomes violent in a crowd or mob.) Violence can be made tolerable by the support and encouragement of others. If consequences are perceived as favorable, as with the assassin who seeks attention, violence is likely.

Ability - Do they believe they can successfully deliver the blows or bullets or bomb? Those who possess weapons, or other advantages, perceive a high ability to use violence.

A few signs that someone may be predetermined for violent behavior: criminality in childhood, a victim of neglect and/or abuse, they exhibit signs of recklessness and bravado, and they lack an aversion to situations that shock most others (for example, a person who witnesses a hostile argument and remains calm while everyone else is shaken up). Like a surgeon who loses his aversion to blood and gore, violent offenders lose their aversion to hostility.

1. Always listen to your intuition. It always has your best interests at heart.

2. Pay attention to the use of dark humor. It's commonly used to voice true concerns without the risk of looking silly or showing overt fear. (Example: A plant worker was heard telling his coworkers, "that's probably just Westbecher coming back to finish us off," in response to a sound they heard coming from outside. Unfortunately, the man was right and the disgruntled employee walked in shooting just minutes later.) The statement can often sound outlandish, but the point is that the idea entered into your conscious mind for a reason. Why?

3. The messengers of intuition (from the least urgent to the most urgent):

nagging feelings
persistent thoughts
humor
wonder
anxiety
curiosity
hunches
gut feelings
doubt
hesitation
suspicion
apprehension
fear

I just thought I'd share a bit of the book with you guys. I order everyone to read it. It's the most important and insightful book I've ever read.

The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
(PS. You can download it for free with Kindle Unlimited).

Rbbm.
Thinking about off the cuff comments and this one comes to mind.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-3-murders-tampa-police-say-are-linked?page=2
Chief Dugan said. "I hear serial killer I think of Ted Bundy. But here’s the problem… It may not be a white person, it may not be a male it could be a black person, maybe a female. How do we know there’s not two stepbrothers living in a house and they’re doing it together. So let's not let labels and stereotypes box our vision in and we miss whats right in front of us.

:rose:
http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2017/11/25/_4th_seminole_height.html
attachment.php

4th Seminole Heights murder victim to be laid to rest today

Donald Felton, 60, was a church volunteer who helped serve needy families in the Bay area.

Funeral services will be held Saturday at 2 p.m. at Allen Temple.

Felton was killed on Nov. 14 as he was walking to volunteer at a food bank on Nebraska Avenue. Police said the suspect came up behind Felton and shot him.

Officers responded to the area within minutes and closed down the streets in the area, but were unable to find the gunman.

The suspect was captured on surveillance video moments before Felton was killed. Police said it appears to be the same person seen in surveillance video taken on Oct. 9, minutes before the killer struck for the first time.

Investigators said this is the most definitive evidence yet that at least two of the killings were committed by the same person.

Attachments

• 1511620998158.jpg
    1511620998158.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 286
:silly: I love dumb crook stories! Thank you!

'If they were smart they wouldn't be crooks.'
Thank you, Bootsctr

O/T
2 Injured in Possible Road Rage Shooting on Florida Turnpike
NBCMaimi
10 mins

Suspects in a gray Toyota Camry

Bizarre Armed Robbery Report in Allapattah

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 3.57.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 3.45.45 PM.png

You see a perp crouches and jumps over fences to get away, in this report. Maybe he has a device that is lit up in his back pocket like the SH killer's?

Thank you, dotr.
:rose:

Would the shooter be described as decidedly right-handed?
http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/seminole-heights/funeral-to-take-place-for-fourth-seminole-heights-victim/494560658

'Superman of service': Funeral held for fourth Seminole Heights victim
5:35 PM. EST November 25, 2017
As Felton's casket was being taken away, his mother and twin brother were clearly distraught.
Felton's older sister Linda Cunningham warned the people of Tampa to take precautions, because the killer could be anywhere.

“Be prepared. Two weeks ago, I stopped walking because I walked by myself and I thought about the serial killer, but now, look what happened to my brother,” says Cunningham. “I know he will be caught. Either man is going to catch him or God is going to take care of him.”

She also spoke on the hurt his killer has caused her family, and told him to turn himself in.

In a time of darkness, the community of Seminole Heights has banded together.
Many like Dorothy Ellison, say they needed to get closure and say their final goodbyes.

“I still can't believe it but I saw him. So, I know it was him laying there,” says Ellison
[video=youtube;McL88HkJ844]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McL88HkJ844[/video]

It seems possible he has a lot of hair wrapped tight pushed kind of to the back of his head, as his head covering creases seem full of something and consistent, and the space around his neckline seems devoid of hair. Maybe a wig, a hat or real hair that would make him look very different without his hood and jacket?

It could be a bandanna or scarf-like thing tied at the back of his head. Whatever, it does seem to distort his head shape. Happenstance or purposeful disguise?

Dear Ms. Hicks-Kelly,
Thank you for sharing this photo of your brother, Ronald Felton. May you and your family have peace and comfort in knowing how much good people everywhere are praying that the killer is caught soon and how incensed and aghast they are at the actions of this vicious killer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Felton 1511620998158.jpg
    Felton 1511620998158.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 275
http://sptimes.com/news/publicsafet...family-friends-mourn-seminole-heights/2345111

How unreal it was that a good guy like that could just be gone — like that — gunned down by a killer in Seminole Heights.
Who knew, maybe they would be next.
"Ronnie never worried about anything. He was always saying, 'God watches out for us,' " said Julia E. Jackson, 55, Felton's friend for 30 years. "Then this happens. An evilness, that's what it was. With no warning
."

Felton was born in New York and grew up in West Tampa, one of James Felton's 21 children. "That's those we know about," said his oldest sister, Tina Felton, 65. "Daddy was a rolling stone."

Tina looked after Felton and his identical twin brother, Reggie. "Lord, those two were a mess from the time they were 2," she said. "I remember snatching them from a strip club where they were dancing. They weren't even old enough to drink. 'The Twin Towers of Power,' they called themselves. I said, 'Put on your pants, boys, we're going home. And read this here Bible 'til I get sick of looking at you.' "
On the morning his twin got shot, Reggie Felton said he felt a twinge. He was sure something was wrong. But when he heard his brother was dead, he couldn't accept it. That meant half of him was gone, too.

"We were the same person," Reggie Felton said. "I'm going to miss his loud laugh … well, I'm going to miss everything."

Reggie's wife, Gloria, said no one understands why Ronnie was shot, especially when he was just turning his life around. "I just hope they find that killer," she said. "It's so awful that he's still out there somewhere."

It could be a bandanna or scarf-like thing tied at the back of his head. Whatever, it does seem to distort his head shape. Happenstance or purposeful disguise?

Purposeful. Seems comfortable running with it. Hood doesn't fall off, as he runs, scans across a lawn, swings one arm and seems to be holding something against his body with the other. Maybe kept the gun in a jacket pocket?

Thank you for sharing this , dotr.

"Ronnie never worried about anything. He was always saying, 'God watches out for us,' " said Julia E. Jackson, 55, Felton's friend for 30 years. "Then this happens. An evilness, that's what it was. With no warning."

An evilness drawn out in the open by Mr. Fenton's courage to be out there, it seems.

[video=youtube;eH50zRqHjnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH50zRqHjnQ[/video]

The length of the jacket that the suspect is wearing in the first video is unusual. I have been trying to find jackets like it, and the closest I have found so far, is the North Face Resolve Rain Jacket. The North Face Jacket is too short, but otherwise, it looks pretty similar. Here is a video to a review of the jacket: [video=youtube;tH_-1EhHD0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH_-1EhHD0o[/video]

Attachments

• North Face Resolve Jacket.JPG
    North Face Resolve Jacket.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics