Matt Lauer fired by NBC, accused of "inappropriate sexual behavior"

Ann Curry Is 'Still Processing' Matt Lauer Firing News: 'We Need to Make Our Workplaces Safe'

http://people.com/tv/ann-curry-is-s...ing-news-we-need-to-make-our-workplaces-safe/

I have such a soft spot for Ann Curry. She graduated from our local high school, went to U of Oregon, and started her career at a local TV station. She later returned to speak at a high school graduation I attended. She’s the real deal.

I was so sad when she left “Today” and I’d love to know how much Lauer had to do with her losing the cohost position. She said maybe she’d talk about it someday in this very personal 2015 interview.

http://portlandinterviewmagazine.com/interviews/media/ann-curry-journalist/

Ann Curry was great, what a shaft. That is actually when I knew morning TV was screwed.

I agree and nothing about that seemed right from a viewer perspective.

I always liked her reporting and I always thought she did fine. Something was very odd about the way she was let go. I took it as Matt didnt want her there and the higher ups just did whatever Matt wanted.

I have never liked Matt's arrogant style of reporting and have never understood why some liked him.

I have such a soft spot for Ann Curry. She graduated from our local high school, went to U of Oregon, and started her career at a local TV station. She later returned to speak at a high school graduation I attended. She’s the real deal.

I was so sad when she left “Today” and I’d love to know how much Lauer had to do with her losing the cohost position. She said maybe she’d talk about it someday in this very personal 2015 interview.

I don't watch the Today Show, but I remember feeling so sad for her, too. I hope she does give an interview now.

I agree and nothing about that seemed right from a viewer perspective.

I always liked her reporting and I always thought she did fine. Something was very odd about the way she was let go. I took it as Matt didnt want her there and the higher ups just did whatever Matt wanted.

I have never liked Matt's arrogant style of reporting and have never understood why some liked him.

Same here. Matt always seemed arrogant to me as well.

jmopinion

She should get his spot.

I saw it coming. I watch the show every morning and recently just had a feeling that he'd be one of the next. Ironically, the feeling came as the team was discussing the other recent allegations against public figures. I wonder if it was Natalie Morales that came forward.

Apparently this happened while he was covering the Rio's Olympics.... This particular complaint!

I never watch the Today Show, but I always thought he seemed like a stand-up, “good” man. That was back when he was with Katie Couric years ago. I guess I was young and naive then. It’s astonishing the amount of people in this profession being accused right now. And a bit disheartening, too.

Back in those days he also had a full head of hair and ladies from my job thought he was just "dreamy." Not so much now as a baldy..

In the wake of all of these allegations against men, I am wondering if we'll see some against women (as in, "she told me if I didn't ________, she wouldn't promote my career/book/film, etc.). Or maybe not? Maybe there are not any women with powerful enough positions that it would happen. I'm just surprised that no one has popped up yet with an accusation.

I can only think of one time where a woman was sued for Sexual Harassment and paid out to make it go away. Anna Nicole Smith.

What is PageSix? is it a reputable source?
Interesting article. I did not know about his marriage being the way described.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt...lly-assaulted-female-staffer-during-olympics/
His wife, Annette, famously filed for divorce in 2006, accusing him of “cruel and inhumane” behavior, but withdrew the filing a month later after they reached a private agreement.
They ostensibly live separate lives — she lives full time in the Hamptons with their children, while Matt resides in the city during the week.

Page Six is the gossip gospel for New Yorkers..... I'd say pretty credible.

I saw it as the Rio's games..... but until someone gives a definite, who knows which is true or not or maybe it happened in both places with the same person.. How awful for the victim... glad she came forward if it is a she!

No, all major outlets are reporting it as occurring at the Sochi Olympics in 2014, but this correction from NYP's Page Six:

Sources initially told The Post that Lauer had been accused of sexual assault during the Sochi Olympics, but later said it was inappropriate sexual behavior.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt...47.753598706.1511963620-1565715129.1511724799

This happened in my workplace this week. The owner still doesn't believe the woman but I put up quite a stink. He was let go for financial reasons.

This happened to me back in 1993. I went to HR and made a complaint and nothing came of it. A couple of months later when I least expected since the prior week I had a perform review and a nice chunk of change raise, I got fired for a small infraction. An infraction that was committed by nearly everyone in my dept. on a regular basis.

I saw a couple of attorney's and they didn't want to go after the company I worked for, way too big a company known worldwide.... It would have been a major lawsuit and big scandal for their pristine reputation.... In my heart I did the right thing because who knows if this happened with the same person to someone else after I was gone... At least there was a record of it.

I just saw him on TV about a week ago (maybe less) on the Today show...his beard, or facial hair, or whatever it is called was so strange looking....like a hairy ring around his whole mouth. I looked at him and wondered if he were going through some type of crisis, or had gone off the deep end.

A friend and I were discussing this this morning. We woman need to define the parameters. What exactly will constitute sexual misconduct going forward?

We women have had to be adaptive in the past. Men were allowed this misconduct and we woman just had to accept it because we had no recourse.

To me there are different degrees of sexual misconduct. Rape is obvious. Passing by a man who reaches out and gropes you is obvious.

But now we have the dating/mating game in the workplace that is in question. How does a guy who is interested in a gal let her know of his feelings without her feeling uncomfortable and unsafe?

There is a lot of work to do here, a lot of defining that has to be worked out. IMO

He needs to keep his hands off of her and he doesn't need to speak to her with a constant sexual overtone. That's the difference between being attracted to someone and sexually assaulting or sexually harassing someone.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/matt-lauer-accused-sexual-harassment-multiple-women-1202625959/

"His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up. This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him, according to two women who were sexually harassed by Lauer."

Seems like he's been at this for a while. Good riddance. Any man in any job would be fired immediately for such outrageously inappropriate behavior.

Ana Navarro
@ananavarro

Matt Lauer lost his job.
Charlie Rose lost his job.
Mark Halperin lost his job.
Glenn Thrush lost his job.
Billy Bush lost his job.
Harvey Weinstein lost his job.
Kevin Spacey lost his job.
But in politics...
Conyers still in Congress.
Moore still running.
Trump still President.

---
Just what is out there in the press... From a republican outspoken woman. Kinda makes me wonder, too... Hope congress makes some headway on this issue, too...

Don't forget Al Franken. There's even photographic evidence for him, (and the POTUS admitted it on a hot mic, before he became POTUS, yet it made no never mind.)

A friend and I were discussing this this morning. We woman need to define the parameters. What exactly will constitute sexual misconduct going forward?

We women have had to be adaptive in the past. Men were allowed this misconduct and we woman just had to accept it because we had no recourse.

To me there are different degrees of sexual misconduct. Rape is obvious. Passing by a man who reaches out and gropes you is obvious.

But now we have the dating/mating game in the workplace that is in question. How does a guy who is interested in a gal let her know of his feelings without her feeling uncomfortable and unsafe?

There is a lot of work to do here, a lot of defining that has to be worked out. IMO

^^ RBBM

For starters, he doesn't get her in any room alone, let alone in his office and quickly drop his pants exposing his genitalia!!

It's probably not sexy to send her a little sex toy with a note describing how he plans on using it on her.

This crap ^^ sounds like Matt's playbook is straight out of a bad soft *advertiser censored* film.

Men know this is unacceptable and more, but have gotten away with this type of behavior for decades.

I truly believe this is finally going to end most of it. So happy about that

IF my darling David Muir is ever accused or found guilty of acts like this, I am throwing out my tv after hurling a skillet at the screen.

I had to look him up - not having cable tv, I am out of touch with today's media figures.

It is appalling to me to read comments from women defending him on various sites. Did people really think he would flirt and bring his sex toys on the air? SMH

He was so professional was the common theme in comments. Whatever, because no one knows what happened behind closed doors and he is spineless for creating this fear in the woman he victimized.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back