Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the live feeds...what are we watching? I see a tall leggy blonde with tight jeans and most of the fellows looking at her!

Sorry but that's what I'm watching and seeing.

This is a replay of the last live feed that started after press conference.

Seems like a lot more cars have pulled up at the scene.

Blabbering? Man. This is a tough room. I see nothing but professionalism from this man. I understood every single thing he said. He gives more patient explanations than most, understanding that the public has a lot of questions. E calmly explains hat he can't compromise the investigation.

This man seems to know what he's doing. I don't get the criticism.

Yup. They know what they're doing.
The sheriff may know what he's doing but his demeanor while he's READING his prepared statement says otherwise. Maybe while gaining his vast experience and training he should have included public speaking.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Have we seen them bring anything up resembling 'evidence' at all on this news feed? I haven't been actively watching since I am also taking care of my 4 year old right now.

I believe some of you may be watching the replay.

This is the link for the current live feed...

http://www.wral.com/news/video/17152445/

If the feed you are watching does not have a red box under it that says LIVE then you are watching the incorrect feed.

Have we seen them bring anything up resembling 'evidence' at all on this news feed? I haven't been actively watching since I am also taking care of my 4 year old right now.

I had to step away for a bit, but i haven't seen them bring anything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that yellow truck raising up big lights to shine down the hill? It seems like if their plan was to widen the search they would not be setting up like this for the night....I'm new here, btw.

whats the bridge all about then.....she's not there....but what is? i don't know, if they know its a body they are looking for its hardly fair on the public to send them out to search

Maybe by the time of the search, if they have found something, they would call it off.

But it kind of looks like that might have been a false alarm? No more live feed that I can find.

He mispronounced Mariah's name at the last two press conferences. Yesterday laughed at a reporter's question saying he "doesn't know where her parents are." Today he calls a press conference and then chastises the reporters he invited to the press conference for doing their jobs and asking questions. Contrast this with the FBI agents who politely declined to give more information than they wanted to give out. It's a two way street for LE and most understand this. You want the media attention when you want it, but chastising reporters for asking questions during a Q and A period is unprofessional.

So he mispronounced her name and corrected himself twice and that's a problem? He knows who she is better than all of us. And he feels the weight of her disappearance more profoundly and personally than any of us ever could. This is his county, his citizen and his investigation.

And I didn't hear him laugh. I watched that video and specifically looked for some rude, dismissive or unprofessional utterance when people described that. But I didn't find anything like that. It was a very slight, subtle chuckle which appeared to be a mannerism of his in reaction to an uncomfortable question he didn't want to answer. Or as if to say, "Of course you are all going to hone in on the parents and want that info but you know we aren't going to give you much."

As to "chastising" the media, man. Have we become that soft as a nation? He wasn't condescending and he didn't tell them they were being jerks. He politely and patiently explained that he couldn't give out too much info otherwise he would compromise the investigation.

Maybe some prefer a curt "no comment" (although when that's all we get there's a lot of howling on here in these cases about what a waste the presser was), but he has a concerned public he's trying to address. I thought it was wise and good PR to actually explain why certain info couldn't be given out and asking that everyone respect the reason for that.

I have nothing but mad respect for these people doing one of the most intense and horrible jobs on earth. Every single case people bash LE for something but this seems like a very thorough and well run, cooperative and collaborative investigation.

IMO it's easy to be an armchair quarterback.

Not that I've seen. I have been watching on and off and they only seem to be bringing down tanks, water bottles, a knife at one point (for cutting brush I assume). No evidence bags back up at least from the vantage point of the camera. For all we know there could be an evidence tent down below.

Everytime someone walks closer to the camera I get nervous they're going to shut down the streaming.

Is that yellow truck raising up big lights to shine down the hill? It seems like if their plan was to widen the search they would not be setting up like this for the night....I'm new here, btw.

Really good point. And by the way, WELCOME!!!!!

:fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:

During the Susan Smith investigation, I remember some (not saying here) thought the local sheriff was a little too laid back, too "Sheriff of Mayberry" and was in over his head. As it turned out, the sheriff saw through her, was patient and methodical and got the confession. I hope the sheriff in this case is as successful in bringing closure and justice. All MOO.

Major thoroughfare for the city. Really only four major roads: US 17, US 24, Lejeune Blvd and Gum Branch Road.

My dog keeps running into my office thinking there's traffic outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa