Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are doing a 5 pm newscast, so probably cut the live feed for that. They did the same for the press conference.

Me too. Wonder what happened. The reporter looked like he was getting ready to talk.

He did a short segment on their local news...nothing new that I heard. He mentioned the lights (just like we did).

Side note...thought I had a dizzy spell sitting at work, turns out there was a 5.1 earthquake just reported in NYC (live in Jersey, still work in Staten Island).

I'm looking at google maps trying to see where the creek goes on the west side of 17. it seems to disappear. Does anyone know the flow of the creek?

OMG. that was my worst nightmare when I lived in NY. too much concrete to withstand a big one.
Side note...thought I had a dizzy spell sitting at work, turns out there was a 5.1 earthquake just reported in NYC (live in Jersey, still work in Staten Island).

Let's see what tomorrow brings. SMH. It's always, "the sooner, the better" with cases like this, and it's becoming later in this search for this child. If she was indeed kidnapped, she may well never by found. We can all just hope she is with loving people who desperately wanted a pretty little girl.

And as someone else said, please keep in mind that he (and many others) probably have had little to no sleep since Monday morning.

They all have my support and respect.

You just gave me a memory. When my sister in law was missing and presumed dead along with a bunch of others in a fire, all of us at the family assistance center stood up and gave the mayor a standing ovation at one point after one of her many daily updates. She grimly smiled, raised her hand as if to speak and rushed from the room, overcome.

She and LE and the fire department had been intensely criticized for their handling of the tragedy. But we who were waiting for notification knew they worked round the clock, knew the scene of the tragedy intimately, were giving us constant updates and constant warm support, spending time talking to everyone individually, holding our hands, praying with us, hugging us, making sure we had food or phones, handling our issues about names (some victims were trans for example) and publicity, etc., and doing it all on ZERO sleep. For days.

No one knows the hell they endure.

Right I'm going to have to call it a day.... I will pop back in the morning to see if there is any news.

I hope they find her overnight .. however I'm really doubting they'll find her alive now, bless her.

Night night everyone xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yikes - stay safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! EQ's are not prevalent in NYC, are they? :thinking:

Where is my "force feeder" -- Gardener? Where are you?! She always pre-digests the feed and I get it later!

Live feed is raw. Reporters will usually not edit their behavior when the camera is constantly on. It's become so common that extraneous activity is usually overlooked.

Blabbering? Man. This is a tough room. I see nothing but professionalism from this man. I understood every single thing he said. He gives more patient explanations than most, understanding that the public has a lot of questions. E calmly explains hat he can't compromise the investigation.

This man seems to know what he's doing. I don't get the criticism.

Yup. They know what they're doing.

Thank you Gitana! I totally agree. The sheriff's job is not talking but (right now) finding a missing girl and catching a predator (if that's what happened to her). Talking to the media is really not the top priority. I don't understand the criticism either. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member