Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has PoitryinMotion been here lately? I was just reminded of her in Mariah's case; also wondering if the store recently mentioned is Costco, or another one:

From Mariah's thread:

(
Press conference ending. No other pressers planned for today. Will let us know about volunteer searches.

I would love to volunteer. I’m about 2.5 hours away. I hope she’s been found, but if not I’ll be able to go and help starting Sunday (have to bring my hubby to the airport tomorrow mid day). All next week I can as well- I just moved and I’m really not doing anything at the moment with the holidays I won’t start working again until after the new year. Just seems silly to sit home and read about this when I could help a few days. Though they have a lot of volunteers it seems like....

I’m rambling. If anyone is going and wants to meet up please pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Sherin's case, there was a passionate poster/member, PoitryinMotion, who went out and searched herself...she was DARN CLOSE, actually looked in some nearby culverts like the one Sherin was found in, and bless her heart went and looked in trash cans/dumpsters behind Walmart because I mentioned I had a possible Walmart vibe, that maybe the dad stopped at the store for clean up supplies (turns out there was a Costco receipt, not sure if related, but now there is news of him possibly disposing of something behind a store.)
)

Munchausen by proxy ? I was accused of that by my son to CPS when he was trying to take his son back .... in his twisted brain he thought he could outsmart not only his mental health counselors and probation officer, but CPS, our local law enforcement and even Animal Control ( we have a farm and at that time a dog kennel as well )
It quickly became clear to them that HE was the abuser , for which I have always been grateful.
Breaks my heart that CPS in this case failed so miserably. Justice will be served, we all need to pray for that.

Dont think so....she didnt appear to WANT the attention of Sherin going to get any treatment as she waited before getting her medical attention on many occasions and sometimes never got the treatment at ALL from what the records show. This was just an evil woman with anger issues.

How this poor little girl was placed with these damaged goods is a crying shame.

MAria Guerrero (reporter from NBC 5) has been responding to questions about Sini being pregnant for over a week. She always says that it is just a rumor.

Well what else can she say? She cant ask Sini to pee on a stick :nono:

In the thread about missing Mariah Woods there was just a fantastic post about the psychology of domestic violence by poster "moonlessnight"

I want to snip some parts out and post the relevant sections here. Obviously the post refers to a male perpetrator and in this case I think we might be looking at a female perpetrator, but it's wonderful insight into the mindset behind domestic violence.

It's a myth that DV comes from uncontrolled anger. It's power and control. So someone who wants power and control over others would very much enjoy abusing those smaller and weaker. Even to the point of no return (death or mortal wound). And the power it gives him over the mother of those children would be enjoyable also. [snipped some words specific to the Mariah thread] It's very calculated and controlled. A man like this has no emotional capacity or understanding, and no conscience/empathy/remorse. It's a chess game and people's lives are of no consequence compared to his need for power. Whether it's a domestic abuser or serial killer, it's a spectrum of the same dynamics. In these people, violence is not related to out of control anger. It's a way to gain power. The anger is a show - theatrics. They enjoy it but anger is not the root.

What I'm thinking from this is that IF Sini is the type of person being described here that abuse toward Sherin would be calculated and not simply out of anger. And it might also have a component of punishing WM if he was the one who really pushed for that adoption, and that might come with "you're the one who's really to blame for this", which I think is a common thread in emotional abuse/domestic violence and eventually the victim can come to absolutely believe they are to blame.

I don't know how far off the mark I am, I know I could be 100% wrong about this, I just think it's important to have this context for understanding why a lot of abusers abuse, because this apparent ongoing violence against Sherin (if those broken bones are from abuse) might not be from lashing out and an inability to control temper, it might be a power situation like the description from Moonlessnight.

IMO:

Sherin did not have "Brittle bone" disease, Her evil "mother" did not have any syndrome related to wanting attention for Sherin being injured, Sherin did not have any sort of "Growth" disease or "eating disorder."

Sherin was adopted by someone who abused her from the day she entered her home while her "father" stood by and did not keep her safe. She was abused so badly she died.

The bone breaking was not an accident and there is no other explanation as to WHY she was in the hospital except what the facts show: she was ABUSED.

Well what else can she say? She cant ask Sini to pee on a stick :nono:

Just meant that the general public there in Dallas is also suspecting, and that there is no official word on it.
And I am laughing, because I could totally see intrepid reporter MG rushing in with a stick. "Sini, are you pregnant? Sini, can you give us a urine sample? Sini, how about an ultrasound?"

In the thread about missing Mariah Woods there was just a fantastic post about the psychology of domestic violence by poster "moonlessnight"

I want to snip some parts out and post the relevant sections here. Obviously the post refers to a male perpetrator and in this case I think we might be looking at a female perpetrator, but it's wonderful insight into the mindset behind domestic violence.

What I'm thinking from this is that IF Sini is the type of person being described here that abuse toward Sherin would be calculated and not simply out of anger. And it might also have a component of punishing WM if he was the one who really pushed for that adoption, and that might come with "you're the one who's really to blame for this", which I think is a common thread in emotional abuse/domestic violence and eventually the victim can come to absolutely believe they are to blame.

I don't know how far off the mark I am, I know I could be 100% wrong about this, I just think it's important to have this context for understanding why a lot of abusers abuse, because this apparent ongoing violence against Sherin (if those broken bones are from abuse) might not be from lashing out and an inability to control temper, it might be a power situation like the description from Moonlessnight.

I think that what that person was explaining was a great post but it was from the side of a missing girl who's mother's BOYFRIEND, who is NOT the childs father and very well perhaps, saw her in the way- is who theyre referencing hurt her...VS a couple who put in paperwork, paid money, took many steps to bring an abandoned child from another country and abused her until she died and I dont think it was the same reasoning as the boyfriend had for Mariah, IF IT shows up thats what happened with her. jmo

Just meant that the general public there in Dallas is also suspecting, and that there is no official word on it.
And I am laughing, because I could totally see intrepid reporter MG rushing in with a stick. "Sini, are you pregnant? Sini, can you give us a urine sample? Sini, how about an ultrasound?"

Dude.. I LOVE her questioning. Chasing her to the closing garage??
"SINI??? WHAT HAPPENED TO SHERIN?" "SINI WHY DID YOU LEAVE SHERIN ALONE AND GO OUT TO EAT?"

I live for her questions.

IMO:

Sherin did not have "Brittle bone" disease, Her evil "mother" did not have any syndrome related to wanting attention for Sherin being injured, Sherin did not have any sort of "Growth" disease or "eating disorder."

Sherin was adopted by someone who abused her from the day she entered her home while her "father" stood by and did not keep her safe. She was abused so badly she died.

The bone breaking was not an accident and there is no other explanation as to WHY she was in the hospital except what the facts show: she was ABUSED.

I would add that they de-humanized Sherin, based on the comments from the hearing yesterday. The questions that were asked (and 5th pleaded to) paint a picture of a child who they wanted to get rid of from very quickly after she arrived. viewed her as "damaged goods." Did anyone hear the questions about them having a baby shower to go to on Saturday, and commenting that the baby shower would be a "starting over." It was in Maria's livestream from yesterday. I'll try to find it....
Okay, in Maria Guerrero's video, at the "41 min. left mark" is the bit I am talking about.
DA asked, "Did you say you had a baby shower to attend on Saturday the 7th?"
DA asked, "Did you say that the baby shower was a 'new beginning?'"
DA asked, "Did you ever express that Sherin was damaged goods because of her special needs?"
DA asked, "Did you feel Sherin was a challenge?"
https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/videos/1062232650586185/

Dude.. I LOVE her questioning. Chasing her to the closing garage??
"SINI??? WHAT HAPPENED TO SHERIN?" "SINI WHY DID YOU LEAVE SHERIN ALONE AND GO OUT TO EAT?"

I live for her questions.

Me, too. She has really shown her reporter chops on this case. And she was already a great reporter. I am grateful for her coverage of this case, every day.

I think that what that person was explaining was a great post but it was from the side of a missing girl who's mother's BOYFRIEND, who is NOT the childs father and very well perhaps, saw her in the way- is who theyre referencing hurt her...VS a couple who put in paperwork, paid money, took many steps to bring an abandoned child from another country and abused her until she died and I dont think it was the same reasoning as the boyfriend had for Mariah, IF IT shows up thats what happened with her. jmo

I think that while the author wrote that with regard to Mariah's case and the potential of a boyfriend in a home with children who are not his own that the important thing is the psychology of an abuser who abuses to achieve power and control over someone. There are plenty of married abusers who abuse their wives and their own biological children. There are plenty of cases of children adopted and then abused in the home.

The author was taking the psychology and applying it to Mariah's case. I had a lightbulb moment while reading it and could see that it could apply in so many cases, and possibly this one, too.

If the long-term apparent abuse was careful and calculated, then the death might have been, too. It might not have been lashing out, it might have been designed this time to have this result.

I just think it's food for thought to see if it might apply here, and I think it might be helpful in other cases to see if it applies in those.

I was rolling my eyes about the pregnancy thing. I have had a body shape for years where people have said "ohh when's the baby due"...so I put it down to that.

Now I see the relevance. Yes, if true, that could certainly be relevant in the outcome and the timing.

This is an ugly statement, I apologize.
Sini's nursing license is still active with no complaints! As a retired nurse, I want her license REVOKED permanently!
I wonder how long that will take.
https://www.bon.texas.gov/forms/rninq.asp

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This may be answered already, but iirc in Texas you cannot have a felony and be licensed. She was let go from her position I believe the second she was charged, so she isn't currently working, and would likely find it very difficult to get a job, as most criminal record checks also check for things that are pending.

I think when someone looked up her license before that it expired sometime in 2018, so I don't imagine she will be available to renew it. Also, I know in some states you have to have so many hours and other requirements to stay current without needing to go through a re-certification process. I am sure you know more about that than I would given you are a retired nurse.

I am not sure if a state jail felony is the same type of felony that would have her unable to work as a licensed nurse or not though? Would love it if someone who understands these different Texas law terms, would jump in and explain if her charge as is, is enough to have her licensed permanently revoked, or if it would only end with a suspension or reprimand of some sort.

I suppose the fact that we haven't seen or heard of her having any issues filed against her license that it is encouraging in that at least to our knowledge, she didn't hurt any other children.

JMO

Maybe rambling
Maybe not
So speculating that she may be pregnant again , after struggling to have bio daughter #1 , maybe that sped up the process to be rid of precious little Sherin
And I realize the injuries started many months ago , but maybe the possibility of another bio child was a factor

So I'm thinking those big wooden spoon/fork things from the kitchen were taken to see if they could have caused any of Sherin's injuries.

Nice summary in dallasnews.com article Sherin Mathews' doctor warned CPS months before death that 3-year-old had been abused

The video on the page has glimpses of the testimony and while SM is led out past WM after the session, WM tries to share an awkward smile !!

With all this information about the abuse Sherin was subjected to why on earth isn't Sini charged with, at the very least, the very same charges as the father? Why in heck does the court system appear to always go light when a woman is concerned. I have the opinion that it was Sini who injured Sherin and the husband did not have the gonads to take up for her.

This may be answered already, but iirc in Texas you cannot have a felony and be licensed. She was let go from her position I believe the second she was charged, so she isn't currently working, and would likely find it very difficult to get a job, as most criminal record checks also check for things that are pending.

I think when someone looked up her license before that it expired sometime in 2018, so I don't imagine she will be available to renew it. Also, I know in some states you have to have so many hours and other requirements to stay current without needing to go through a re-certification process. I am sure you know more about that than I would given you are a retired nurse.

I am not sure if a state jail felony is the same type of felony that would have her unable to work as a licensed nurse or not though? Would love it if someone who understands these different Texas law terms, would jump in and explain if her charge as is, is enough to have her licensed permanently revoked, or if it would only end with a suspension or reprimand of some sort.

I suppose the fact that we haven't seen or heard of her having any issues filed against her license that it is encouraging in that at least to our knowledge, she didn't hurt any other children.

JMO

I personally think that there should be a required registry for child abusers just like the sex offender register. I have a zero tolerance level for child abuse and death cases. I think the murder of a child should result in a mandatory death sentence. If I sound pissed off, it's because I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752