Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arrest warrant for Kimrey indicates that he is accused of stealing two dressers from a home on High Hill Road around that time frame of Mariah's disappearance, between 11 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday.

This is so bizarre.

Are these two crimes directly related or an additional crime he committed before/after disposing of the body?

Theories?

I'm wondering if he perhaps stole those, put Mariah in it, then phoned a friend with some story of "Can I store these 2 dressers I got off Craigslist as a gift for kids/girlfriend in your garage/barn/shed/storage unit? Makes sense for LE to be asking for anyone with contact of the family during that time to come forward.

But why the need for 2? I can let my mind go to the horrid place of a "need" for two but it would be easier to just need one, kwim?

Obviously the dressers themselves were more important than items contained inside them. If you are going to break into a house, wouldn't there be something smaller and lighter of more value to steal?

Perhaps a crime in an attempt to create an alibi gor that timeframe? "I couldn't have disposed of her body, I was robbing a home during those hours". Absolutely ridiculous way to get an alibi, but I suppose I've heard even less intelligent things before.

Maybe the two things are unrelated and he needed money quick and so stole that? Would be really gutsy (or dumb) to commit an additional crime when you are disposing/transporting a dead body or just have disposed/transported.

Or perhaps the timeline is very wrong and she was dead long before 11pm Sunday evening.

Ideas or theories anyone? I feel like I've got nothing. I'm stumped by these 2 dressers

I'm thinking fire. Two dressers to keep it burning. Horrible to write.

This is so bizarre.
Are these two crimes directly related or an additional crime he committed before/after disposing of the body?

Theories? I'm wondering if he perhaps stole those, put Mariah in it, then phoned a friend with some story of "Can I store these 2 dressers I got off Craigslist as a gift for kids/girlfriend in your garage/barn/shed/storage unit?

But why the need for 2?

Obviously the dressers themselves were more important than items contained inside them. If you are going to break into a house, wouldn't there be something smaller and lighter of more value to steal?

Perhaps a crime in an attempt to create an alibi gor that timeframe? "I couldn't have disposed of her body, I was robbing a home during those hours". Absolutely ridiculous way to get an alibi, but I suppose I've heard even less intelligent things before. Theories anyone?

Maybe the two things are unrelated and he needed money quick and so stole that? Would be really gutsy (or dumb) to commit an additional crime when you are disposing/transporting a dead body

Or perhaps the timeline is very wrong and she was dead before 11pm Sunday evening.

Ideas or theories anyone? I feel like I've got nothing. I'm stumped by these 2 dressers

I think he stole the dressers because he was 'jonesing'. Seriously, if I had just murdered a child and 'the reality' of what I had done was starting to creep in, I'd want some escape too!
(Though I would only be having a glass or two of white wine ;) )

Attachments

• 46C41CFD00000578-5130105-Woods_live_in_boyfriend_Earl_Kimrey_left_with_Woods_was_the_last-a-5_15.jpg
    46C41CFD00000578-5130105-Woods_live_in_boyfriend_Earl_Kimrey_left_with_Woods_was_the_last-a-5_15.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 151
All speculation here, but I believe it's entirely possible Mariahs death was accidental & Kinsey panicked.

Maybe Mariah woke up as he was leaving the family residence & he took her with him. He may have assumed she'd fall back to sleep in the vehicle. He could have driven around for a while, then once she was asleep he goes & commits break in @ High Hill residence..

One of the dressers could've fallen on the baby? Maybe she had woken up while he was inside & got out of the vehicle, or even climbed into the back & Kimrey when loaded the dresser it crushed her...

All horrible scenarios, but worth noting that tragic accidents do happen.

MOO

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

In cases like this, dead child and missing, how often it is an accident covered up vs outright violence? I'm sure it happens, but it seems all these cases (that I've seen) end in murder, not accident. Especially when there is a history of drugs and violence.

Sadly that was my first thought as well. But seems that would be much easier to locate than some of the other possibilities. I don't know, this is just sad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

She moved in with him around the beginning of August 2015

I would never say it is a blessing that a baby has been killed. I will say that it is a blessing that the two year torment of living with such a monster is now over. God be with the brothers. I hope they get quickly to their father's arms and into therapy.

Here is what gets me-- a story that has been repeated too many times: mom- looking for a boyfriend: doesn't care if he is a druggie or a criminal, or a domestic abuser- she "loves him'- brings him into
her home and exposes her young child to him with the unfortunate and sometimes inevitable result. This situation makes me so so sad for this poor innocent child whose mother should have protected her.
And she didn't even "need" a boyfriend. She was married to the father of her 3 children.

I would never say it is a blessing that a baby has been killed. I will say that it is a blessing that the two year torment of living with such a monster is now over. God be with the brothers. I hope they get quickly to their father's arms and into therapy.

3 years, 1extra year of what she most likely went through is a lot :( She turned 3 in November :(

I'm afraid Mariah is in the dresser(s).[emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

(Remember when there was a child found in the couch? The officers even sat on that couch while they interviewed the parents who deceased her/him, iirc! I am sorry I can not recall the child's name and cas details...I hate that!)

I am very local. Does anybody know where I can find out if they need / when they will need more volunteers to search? I can bring my horse for mounted search if helpful. Thanks.

I know this is really hard, but if you killed a 3 year old, your girlfriend's daughter, where would you hide the body? We have to get into the mind of the perp...

The possibilities are endless, really.

Eta: just seeing this, "dressers"?

It's hard to get into the mind of someone like that, but from what I know from reading a little and from some logical inferences (and most of this subject is about making logical inferences, it's just hard for 'normal' people to get into the logic of such a mind)

So, I would say the important thing here is to differentiate between someone who cares and someone who doesn't care (about the victim). So we're not looking for a careful burial, we're looking for a literal disposal/dump site. That doesn't mean landfill per se, just that it's like dumping old rubbish that you don't care for.

I would think that if EK is the murderer and EK is the dumper, that EK is thinking of no one but EK. If I was EK I think I'd want some physical distance between me and the body dump site, which is one reason why I am struggling with the logic of that creek on Hwy 17, it feels too close, the roads don't feel right in that I can't see good places to pull over on the north bound side.

But I can't see any good dump sites on the north side, I can't feel myself (in EK's shoes) wanting to go north, I feel myself drawn to the south on Hwy 17 (I don't even feel that I want to use a highway, but he might if he's familiar with it and it's going to lead him somewhere that he has in mind).

I didn't see it on the map but I keep seeing Snead's Ferry come up, and it seems like EK is from there, or lived there for a while a few years ago? So right now I want to look at that area and see some of his old haunts, where he used to drive around there that might stick in his mind as a place to hide something you don't want anyone to find.

But..LE are looking in certain places, and they've taken items to Quantico for fast-track forensics. They could have found something on his boots or the vehicle tires or pedals that suggest somewhere he's been recently, and if that is someplace wet and muddy, swamp-like, then that might give a better clue for LE. Of course they aren't going to reveal any of this to us.

And I'm really glad on so many levels that the FBI is involved in this for the forensics, for assistance with questioning people and their expertise in knowing how to read little details in these things.

The dressers thing is weird! I'm not 100% sure what the word describes in the US...can anyone translate this into British English? I'm thinking of a wardrobe, or the type of tallboy that has drawers in the base and a wardrobe in the upper section?

If I'm someone with no caring feelings about this child whatsoever, I might place the body in a bag and want to see it sink out of my sight, so a swampy area makes some sense, and I think I feel satisfaction in watching that package sink out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind, no one's ever going to find it there! But I don't think want to take too much effort, other than in protecting myself, and to be honest if I can make one trip and do two things...pick up some beer or drugs on the way back from the dumping, well I think that sounds really handy. I might well want to get high on drink or drugs after this job. But I am also a bit concerned about loose ends...I have to deal with anyone who's aware of what has happened, I have to make sure they don't talk, and this is going to be more of a concern to me than taking a lot of care in the dump, what really concerns me is looking after me.

Waking up to this horrible news and still catching up on the thread. Probably already noted, but IMO, there are too many things floating around questioning the timeline. Suspicious activity could go back to Thanksgiving day when EK was with baby mama at his family's and KH's 2 sons, but Mariah and KH are questionable. JMO

Thank goodness LE has gotten to this point in less than a week. My heart goes out to the investigators who sorted through thousands of pounds of trash, and those who have been working tirelessly on the ground.

My theory yesterday holds up today for the most part: cadaver dogs hit on the vehicle and items were also found in the house that link Kimrey to her disappearance.

Interesting he’s not charged with murder if any sort. I suppose because they haven’t found her body.

What COULD happen: if this stretches out too long, he could be offered a plea deal for lesser charges if he leads them to the body.

I’m surprised there are no drug charges. There has to be paraphernalia at the very least in that home.

Now the question: was Mariah killed overnight Sunday into Monday (woman saw someone carrying something out of the home at 3 or 4am) or was she killed during the weekend outing we’ve been hearing about?

Do some drugs give you super powers? I move furniture all the time. He is my size. How would one do that alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he stole the dressers because he was 'jonesing'. Seriously, if I had just murdered a child and 'the reality' of what I had done was starting to creep in, I'd want some escape too!
(Though I would only be having a glass or two of white wine ;) )

But why dressers of all things to steal in a house? Even if it was stolen from the abandoned house that was searched, I can't imagine the dressers, if left behind by previous owners, were of great condition or much value. Plus then he needs to actually sell them. Between 11pm and 6am. What drug dealer accepts dressers as payment? He would need to sell pronto.

“Kimrey is also accused of breaking into a High Hill Road home late Nov. 26 into the early hours of Nov. 27, the day Mariah Woods was pronounced missing, according to warrants.

Kimrey is accused of breaking into a home in the 700 block of High Hill Road between 11 p.m. and 3:30 a.m., and stealing two dressers valued at $40, according to warrants.

The residence in which Kimrey is accused of entering sits near the intersection of Dawson Cabin Road and High Hill Road, less than a 1,000 feet from the 2405 Dawson Cabin Road dwelling in which Kimrey resided along Mariah Woods, her mother and two brothers.”

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...rants-provide-details-in-toddler-death-arrest

This is soo weird...talk about trying to keep a low profile (not)...

Good point, but I’m thinking the dressers were found in his possession, hence, the Possession of Stolen Property charge?

It's hard to get into the mind of someone like that, but from what I know from reading a little and from some logical inferences (and most of this subject is about making logical inferences, it's just hard for 'normal' people to get into the logic of such a mind)

So, I would say the important thing here is to differentiate between someone who cares and someone who doesn't care (about the victim). So we're not looking for a careful burial, we're looking for a literal disposal/dump site. That doesn't mean landfill per se, just that it's like dumping old rubbish that you don't care for.

I would think that if EK is the murderer and EK is the dumper, that EK is thinking of no one but EK. If I was EK I think I'd want some physical distance between me and the body dump site, which is one reason why I am struggling with the logic of that creek on Hwy 17, it feels too close, the roads don't feel right in that I can't see good places to pull over on the north bound side.

But I can't see any good dump sites on the north side, I can't feel myself (in EK's shoes) wanting to go north, I feel myself drawn to the south on Hwy 17 (I don't even feel that I want to use a highway, but he might if he's familiar with it and it's going to lead him somewhere that he has in mind).

I didn't see it on the map but I keep seeing Snead's Ferry come up, and it seems like EK is from there, or lived there for a while a few years ago? So right now I want to look at that area and see some of his old haunts, where he used to drive around there that might stick in his mind as a place to hide something you don't want anyone to find.

But..LE are looking in certain places, and they've taken items to Quantico for fast-track forensics. They could have found something on his boots or the vehicle tires or pedals that suggest somewhere he's been recently, and if that is someplace wet and muddy, swamp-like, then that might give a better clue for LE. Of course they aren't going to reveal any of this to us.

And I'm really glad on so many levels that the FBI is involved in this for the forensics, for assistance with questioning people and their expertise in knowing how to read little details in these things.

The dressers thing is weird! I'm not 100% sure what the word describes in the US...can anyone translate this into British English? I'm thinking of a wardrobe, or the type of tallboy that has drawers in the base and a wardrobe in the upper section?

If I'm someone with no caring feelings about this child whatsoever, I might place the body in a bag and want to see it sink out of my sight, so a swampy area makes some sense, and I think I feel satisfaction in watching that package sink out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind, no one's ever going to find it there! But I don't think want to take too much effort, other than in protecting myself, and to be honest if I can make one trip and do two things...pick up some beer or drugs on the way back from the dumping, well I think that sounds really handy. I might well want to get high on drink or drugs after this job. But I am also a bit concerned about loose ends...I have to deal with anyone who's aware of what has happened, I have to make sure they don't talk, and this is going to be more of a concern to me than taking a lot of care in the dump, what really concerns me is looking after me.

Still reading your post...but something triggered a thought....dresser...landfill...s srapyard...junkyard...)

What's deepest body of water nearby? Would a dresser float without weights? Maybe likely....so maybe weighed the dressers (2?) down...why 2? this dresser thing is so weird...

Sadly we see this over and over women go from one abusive relationship to another and the children pay the price. The mother is the only one in this situation who doesn't seem to have a criminal record, yet she continued to surround herself with men that do. I don't know what the answer is but the cycle needs to stop.

If the mother had nothing to do with what happened to Mariah, I pray she gets the help she needs and be there for her boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa