Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. I am so sick today that I just woke up. I was hoping to read that she'd been found safe. I am now at least 28 pages behind, and not sure I can get through it all.
I pray there is some tiny shred of hope left that she is still alive, but from my introductory look this morning I'm guessing there's not. How very very sad.
Hugs to all of you who have banded together around the story of this little angel. I'm sorry we are all having 'that feeling' that comes when our light of hope is extinguished.
If anyone feels like giving a Cliffs Notes version of what happened overnight, I'd appreciate it.

I keep reading comments about dressers? I keep going back to try to find information on these dressers, to no avail? Can anyone explain where the dressers come in? TIA

One of the charges against EK (mom's bf) is possession of two stolen dressers, which it alleges were stolen between 11pm and early hours of the morning just prior to Mariah being reported missing.

[h=1]Warrant: Mother's boyfriend 'secretly disposed' of Mariah Woods' body
[/h]JACKSONVILLE, NC
Teams on Saturday expanded the search for a missing Onslow County girl to neighboring Pender County half a day after authorities arrested a man in connection to her disappearance.
The arrest warrant issued for Kimrey said he obstructed justice by "removing Mariah Woods' body from the scene of her death and did conceal Mariah Woods' death and body, knowing that Mariah Woods died from unnatural causes. The defendant acted with deceit and intent to fraud.
http://www.wral.com/warrant-mother-...to+neighboring+Pender+County+(20171202113521)

Again, I'm coming in late and don't know anything about the dressers. Would someone please explain?

I have never heard of ANYONE breaking into a home and stealing 1 dresser let alone 2. For drugs or anything. Seems so random. So odd.....jmo

It sounds crazy but it happens. My father was taken advantage of by a meth addled girlfriend. She loaded up some of his furniture...including dressers and family photos and sold it at a flea market for drug money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearing this news is beyond heartbreaking. No matter how many cases you follow it never gets easier. With that being said, I want thank all the people who provide services or who provide any sort of help. Prayers going up for Mariah and to her loved ones. My heart aches especially for her brothers. [emoji174]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have never heard of ANYONE breaking into a home and stealing 1 dresser let alone 2. For drugs or anything. Seems so random. So odd.....jmo

I think it's possible more was stolen, but they just don't know that yet. Maybe smaller things, but the dressers were more obvious. It's also possible the intent was not to take the dressers, but maybe they were sitting right there, like in a garage or something, so he decided to take them, "too." I think burglary and selling stolen items to make money for drugs was probably a very regular thing for this man. And I doubt he was the only one in the household to know about it.

All just my opinion.

One of my professors in law school always used to tell us to remember that there are three sides of every custody battle: Parent A's, Parent B's, and the truth, which is usually somewhere in the middle. I think the bio dad may have exaggerated some of his claims for the benefit of the television cameras, but I don't doubt that he was sincerely upset and did try to see his kids.

Bio Dad's remarks seem to be accurate at this point

One of my professors in law school always used to tell us to remember that there are three sides of every custody battle: Parent A's, Parent B's, and the truth, which is usually somewhere in the middle. I think the bio dad may have exaggerated some of his claims for the benefit of the television cameras, but I don't doubt that he was sincerely upset and did try to see his kids.

Maybe bio dad did exaggerate, maybe he didn't. I have a member of my own family that wasn't mother of the year, and pulled every dirty deed in the book to keep the father from seeing his kids.

I think it's possible more was stolen, but they just don't know that yet. Maybe smaller things, but the dressers were more obvious. It's also possible the intent was not to take the dressers, but maybe they were sitting right there, like in a garage or something, so he decided to take them, "too." I think burglary and selling stolen items to make money for drugs was probably a very regular thing for this man. And I doubt he was the only one in the household to know about it.

All just my opinion.

This makes sense. I am picturing a burglar in my house at night, emptying my dressers and hauling them down some stairs. LOL.

Maybe he’s trying for an insanity plea. Because committing b&e for 2 dressers valued at $40 doesn’t make sense to most people. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In looking back at Mariah's pictures, I noticed she is NOT smiling in any of them. She has a similar look as little Aaliyah did, just not as severe.

Mariah may have been dressed as a princess, but look at her face. To me, it tells another story.

Unfortunately this is the ending the majority of us knew from day one would be the outcome to this case. People don't walk into a trailer home and take a child without a back story to it. Thinking of Lisa Irwin and Haleigh Cummings.

I'm reminded of Bella Cannella as far as being in a dangerous household::

"A monthlong narcotics investigation resulted in the arrest Wednesday of Isabella Grogan-Cannella's mother, stepfather and grandmother on felony drug charges. Police say Tania Grogan, 29, and Ralph Folster III, 28, were dealing methamphetamine and heroin in Bullhead City, and that Grogan supplied methamphetamine to a family friend charged in her daughter's death."

And Zahra Baker and the evil step-mother...

Trying to catch up and piece together information from the local news stations and from a FB Find Mariah page. The dresser thing is not surprising to me for some reason. There was a forensic medium or something talking about seeing her bound with her feet behind her head in the back of a dresser. For the life of me I cannot find where it was, but I didn’t recall it being on a “hoodoo” site. Considering the low cost of the dressers, I would expect them to be rather small and more than likely of MDF type material which would quickly swell and disintegrate in water. Near the area where she was are quite a few deep bodies of water including the New River and it’s tributaries, the Intracoastal Waterway, and at least two rock quarries, one of which is known to be a dumping by ground for anything and everything. It would have been extremely difficult to get to the landfill as they are locked after hours and on holidays. I read last night on that a friend of the family was pleading for anyone’s with knowledge of storage containers near a body of water to come forward. I don’t know why, but felt it was significant information especially considering the information released overnight and this morning. Just trying to provide some local insight...

Heartbroken reading the news. I hope they find this poor baby soon.

What I do not understand is that right now as of 12:03 pm, Mariah's Amber Alert is still active?

Is it usual in cases where the victim is presumed to be deceased to keep the amber alert active even when some one has been charged with some sort of involvement in their death?

I keep reading comments about dressers? I keep going back to try to find information on these dressers, to no avail? Can anyone explain where the dressers come in? TIA
The arrest warrants for Kimrey, known to be Mariah’s mother’s boyfriend, show that he is accused of stealing two dressers from a home on High Hill Road around the time of Mariah’s disappearance, between 11 p.m. Sunday and 3 a.m. Monday. The warrant states that he obstructed justice by “removing Mariah Woods body from the scene of her death and did conceal Mariah Woods death and body, knowing that Mariah Woods died from unnatural causes.* http://myfox8.com/2017/12/02/newly...formation-into-case-of-missing-mariah-woods/

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I had a feeling about that. He was the last one to have direct interaction with Little Mariah.
That 'country bumpkin cop' doing the press conferences not so dumb. Haha. It works to their advantage when people,especially the perp thinks they are though.
It's all starting to make sense now.
Why Mom seemed to be like Susan Smith,maybe?and why it's been so hard to read her.
Why they said family members where cooperating,and why they want to get Mariah back to 'her'.
Well played Law Enforcement. Well played.
I hope the whole truth comes out now, and they find little Mariah.
God Bless all LE Who have worked hard, dug through tons of nasty rotting garbage, waded in alligator infested swamp, stayed up night,and day, and played dumb for the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa