Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a good link for the presser?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Link for the presser please"...............or I don't believe it.

I just don't understand the whole dresser thing. Maybe we'll learn more about it in the presser. It just seems like such a bizarre charge in light of everything else that has occurred.

I'm just not getting it. :gaah:

Maybe Mariah had already been stashed in the dresser in the abandoned house, and he was going to hide her somewhere "better" before they reported the "abduction". :(

But why dressers of all things to steal in a house? Even if it was stolen from the abandoned house that was searched, I can't imagine the dressers, if left behind by previous owners, were of great condition or much value. Plus then he needs to actually sell them. Between 11pm and 6am. What drug dealer accepts dressers as payment? He would need to sell pronto.

I highly doubt he had anything to do with that attorney repping him and so far as I am aware a defense attny can't stop a prosecutor from filing charges. They can certainly object to charges but that doesn't mean anything.

I would really like to know how he got the high powered attorney in the 1st place.

Maybe Mariah had already been stashed in the dresser in the abandoned house, and he was going to hide her somewhere "better" before they reported the "abduction". :(
I feel sick.

Mariah, precious girl, where are you?
Praying for all those searching. They have the hardest job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

I would really like to know how he got the high powered attorney in the 1st place.
Notieriety. This case has already gotten a great deal of press this week so maybe he's trying to get some of that press for himself. JMO

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Defense attorneys can be appointed by the state. I am not admitted to practice in NC, but in my states, you volunteer with the state to be appointed pro bono counsel as volunteer work. When the need arises, and it seems to fit with your skills, you are appointed as counsel. Defense lawyers consider it their duty to defend their appointed client just like they would any other client. A great deal of defense work involves protecting the rights we all have from state overreach. If we didn't defend the worst amongst us, our rights would mean little for the rest of us. Just IMO.

I don't believe any sort of accident occurred. IMO we'll see a history of child abuse in that house. Until then I'm glad the b/f was arrested - at least now the surviving children will be safe from harm.

[video=youtube;7smKw57HBO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7smKw57HBO4[/video]

So sad.

And I don't know if I can think of anyone less worthy of a free defense than this .

Yea, that Constitution is a real pain in the bubkiss. Prosecutors should be allowed to present whatever case they want in 5 min, find him guilty 5 min after that and hang him from a tree 5 min later. Man, I really hate that pesky Constitution, gets in the way of "justice."

I do think it's possible, but still believe Mariah was gone long before he stole the dressers. It's so hard for me to wrap my brain around how someone could spend 2 years in the life of a 3 yr. old little girl and throw her away like a piece of garbage or worse yet, attempt to erase her existence all together. For now, I'd prefer to hope that he placed her one of the drawers as a makeshift coffin and buried her before lighting fire to the rest of the dressers to burn any clothing, evidence, etc. I know it's a long shot, but so unfathomable to me how anyway could do this after being a fixture in her little life.

So nobody else thinks the dressers could have been used for a bonfire somewhere? Wonder if there is a burn out anywhere near that mobile home?

Maybe the attorney was next on the court’s list for those who do pro bono work.

Wally Paramore isn’t exactly “high profile”. He has been a divorce attorney, real estate attorney and general practice attorney. I know this personally as he handled my divorce. He’s among a group of now criminal attorneys on rotation for pro bono cases and just happened to get both the Laurean case and this one. You’re talking about a small, rural town where residents go outside of the area when possible to secure attorneys.

Also a note on the charges. The press release stated that the DA was working with LE and additional charges could be filed. Once you have your suspect in custody, you want to make sure you do everything right and make sure all of your evidence is admissible. This happens ALL THE TIME where prosecutors start with one charge and add additional charges as they learn more and are sure their evidence stands up and they think a charge can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. These charges aren't based on gut instinct, they're based on what the prosecutor thinks will win in court and secure a conviction. I have faith they'll add charges as they finalize enough evidence to make their case.

As to the particular charges in the warrant, the hypothetical situation that popped into my mind was if they found evidence of decomposition or something that told them Mariah was deceased on EK's clothes or in his possession. They may have evidence that he moved a dead body. The prosecutors felt that alone was enough for the charges currently made, but they need more to prove who/how/when to determine beyond a reasonable doubt that EK did it, and not someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong