Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a parent, wouldn't you have the right, regardless of the state son/daughter might be?

I do not think they would stop a loved one from viewing. The Tim Bosma case, the wife was given a little box with her husband's remains.

Catching up, I don't know if anyone has answered you, I believe this was probably recorded on Sunday because it seems to be before today's court appearance.

ETA It was recorded Sunday because they made reference to Monday, rather than saying today.

Thank you. Shameful that she didn't pull the interview after LE's request IMO.

Thanks. I'm not familiar with that case. I have to presume that the examination was done by the child's personal physician who made the report to CPS. If the children were already removed by CPS because of abuse they would have sent the child to the doctor to be examined for evidence of abuse. CPS wouldn't have returned the child to the mom if their own physician said "Hey, these kids have healed broken bones, bruises and little Mariah is being sexually abuse."

In many of these cases the children were examined but injuries were explained away. Subsequently the injuries leading to death would be worse but not revealed until death. This has happened many times.

Thank you. I saw the twitter. That is some pretty outrageous stuff. One of mom's bro's killed the kid? Whoa! That's a pretty strong accusation to make. It was also said that the grandfather cried and said "they'll never find her." I wonder if he was saying that due to information he received from his co-worker or if he meant it in a more general sense, speaking out of fear that she'll never be found.

No. It appears that mom and new man are blaming one of the her little boys. Ridiculous.

I would think if LE told the bio dad the information that Kristy and boyfriend were blaming brother - then Kristy would of been arrested by now just like Earl because it would mean Kristy told LE she knew Mariah was dead and helped cover it up. This whole thing just doesn't make sense to me - why would LE be giving any family member inside information like that about an investigation?

LE didn't tell him. Grandpa did. KH's dad did.

This is the first time I listen to NG and this interview is totally crazy. I'm still surprise there are not more people charge with at least obstruction.

Oh there's plenty of time. As we have see in these cases it almost always takes time. They don't even have the autopsy back yet. Patience.

So the boys are in CPS custody (as I posted yesterday,) and not in the custody of the grandmother.

When kids are in state care they are often placed in the home of a relative but remian technically in state custody.

It appears they are indeed in state care and dad is trying to get custody. Like before. (They likely remained wards of the state while they temporarily lived with dad). When I say dad is asking for custody, I mean asking that the kids stay with him.

Ok NG is now saying "it is fact..." "we have learned..." when what they're talking about is hearsay three people removed. Everything they're saying is coming from a friend of AW who works for KW's father, who says KW's father told him that KW said...

I mean I get that people want news, but this is a stretch.

Yeah, she's pretty hyperbolic. "BREAKING NEWS!" She's a lot of drama.
But, it's not court. It's an interview with a distraught dad and step mom. The rules of evidence don't apply. And they continue to sound very credible to me.

I know everyone here loves AW but I cannot believe he would go on Nancy Grace and announce publicly what false information he thinks KW and EK are telling LE. If LE wanted everyone to know what KW and EK were saying, they would announce it themselves. Floating the theory that a child (his own child!) was involved is so beyond irresponsible I don't know what would prompt someone to do it.

I only listened to the NG interview once, but it was the fiancee who said KW and EK are blaming the son. Why on earth would you say that to the press? How does that help anyone except keeping your own name in the news?
They probably shouldn't be talking to anyone right now except through a spokesperson. I imagine they are devastated, angry and in shock. They are probably living through a blurry nightmare so I'm gonna give them a pass on whatever they say and take it with a grain of salt until we hear from LE.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The whole thing just stinks, the rumors, family talking to media, making financial profit of the loss of a child, people coming out of the woodwork with he said she said - makes me so dang angry - we see it time and time again but sure doesn't make it any easier to witness.

I know everyone here loves AW but I cannot believe he would go on Nancy Grace and announce publicly what false information he thinks KW and EK are telling LE. If LE wanted everyone to know what KW and EK were saying, they would announce it themselves. Floating the theory that a child (his own child!) was involved is so beyond irresponsible I don't know what would prompt someone to do it.

I only listened to the NG interview once, but it was the fiancee who said KW and EK are blaming the son. Why on earth would you say that to the press? How does that help anyone except keeping your own name in the news?

I'll give him a pass on that for now. It doesn't sound as though LE have put a support officer with AW and his fiancee, and if they don't have anyone to really talk this over with, talking with NG might feel like a chance to talk to someone about what they're hearing. NG is totally not the right person, but AW is the bio father and ought to have someone guiding him, so I don't entirely blame him for making a bad decision. I also don't know if LE told him (as he claims) to quit talking to the media before or after the NG show was recorded.

I sort of would have thought that LE would have contacted NG and asked her for the tape and told her not to release it for legal reasons, but I guess they haven't done that...or LE haven't been communicating with AW enough to know he did do the 2nd interview with NG.

Also, if it's true that AW and his fiancee have been struggling for months trying to get someone to listen to them regarding the living conditions and alleged abuse in the home that the children were in (with KH/EK), then they might just feel that "thank God, now someone is willing to listen!" and so they take advantage of that. They don't have the legal expertise to know of the potential consequences of putting this stuff out in public, that's why they should have someone to support and advise them.

I just feel so sorry for Mariah's brothers (as well as poor Mariah). If they were in that home and whatever happened was loud enough to wake them, and all they could do was lay there and hope to God no one realised they were awake and came and gave them some of what they could hear Mariah getting, and laying there with their hands over their ears ...did they have to listen to their baby sister die? It's too much! Those poor kids :-(

"eah, she's pretty hyperbolic. "BREAKING NEWS!" She's a lot of drama.
But, it's not court. It's an interview with a distraught dad and step mom. The rules of evidence don't apply. And they continue to sound very credible to me."

me too, stunning bombshells!

Didn't AW say he was listening in on a conversation between the worker and KW's dad? If so, the dad would be reporting what he was told by KW directly. AW & HC (fiancee) said they told LE about the Maple Hill reference earlier (from the conversation they overheard). Still looking for a local to confirm this is the same area she was found, but that would definitely tie the two together. I don't doubt LE had a lot of leads to sift through, just thinking this may have been one of them. MOO
On Google Maps you can find Maple Hill in Pender County. It isn't far from where Mariah was found.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...5750f931665dd6!8m2!3d34.6612779!4d-77.6963647

They probably shouldn't be talking to anyone right now except through a spokesperson. I imagine they are devastated, angry and in shock. They are probably living through a blurry nightmare so I'm gonna give them a pass on whatever they say and take it with a grain of salt until we hear from LE.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IMO AW is showing plenty of restraint at this point. He can have all the passes he wants from me.

I hope he IS scared...As scared as little Mariah and those 2 boys probably were of him!

I don't think he looked scared. I think he looked indifferent. I wanted to jump through my computer and punch him.
Hence the heavy presence of LE officers keeping eagle eyes. in the courtroom. Watching closely for anyone that wants swift justice.

I'm not sure I'm buying the "accident" but why hasn't LE charged anyone with Mariah's murder? They found her body under water and believe EK put her there so why not charge. I believe there must be some question of what happened in that home on early Monday morning. JMO

It has literally been only days. Murder investigations take time. Tons of work. We ALL know that following these cases.

I thought (based on the part of the NG interview I heard) that the bio father's girlfriend sounded sincere and like she had a brain....

It has literally been only days. Murder investigations take time. Tons of work. We ALL know that following these cases.
Well according to ur reply apparently not ALL of us do

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

No KH is Kristy Hunter.
And this is why I don't understand why some are referring to her by her maiden name. It gets confusing. It seems her legal name is Kristy Woods and MSM refers to her as such. I wish we'd just stick to KW, then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you. Shameful that she didn't pull the interview after LE's request IMO.
I agree, in the interests of justice which must always take priority. The only saving 'grace' is that it's still no clearer who did what.

I can also see why she wouldn't want to sit on it after getting the information that no one else has got - revenue. Would she have paid AW anything?

The whole thing just stinks, the rumors, family talking to media, making financial profit of the loss of a child, people coming out of the woodwork with he said she said - makes me so dang angry - we see it time and time again but sure doesn't make it any easier to witness.

Do you know for sure he is being paid for the interview? I don't think that's been verified. Though I'd have to say if my child was murdered and I had no means to bury my child, I might very well use any power available to me to make sure I could.

And this is why I don't understand why some are referring to her by her maiden name. It gets confusing. It seems her legal name is Kristy Woods and MSM refers to her as such. I wish we'd just stick to KW, then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I've seen her referred to in newspapers as Hunter, that's why I use it. Do you know for fact that she goes by the name of Woods?

Who is profitting off the loss of this child? This doesn't seem like a family with means. Grandma has asked for gas, food and clothes. That's not "profit". That's necessity. And if they are asking for funds for a funeral that's not "profit" either.

Do you know for sure he is being paid for the interview? I don't think that's been verified. Though I'd have to say if my child was murdered and I had no means to bury my child, I might very well use any power available to me to make sure I could.

I wasn't singling the bio dad out - just in general what goes on in cases of murdered children. I am sure he wasn't paid for interivew. I was referring to all the gomefund pages already set up with regard to profit and to be clear I am not saying bio dad is responsible for setting all those up.

Who is profitting off the loss of this child? This doesn't seem like a family with means. Grandma has asked for gas, food and clothes. That's not "profit". That's necessity. And if they are asking for funds for a funeral that's not "profit" either.

Ugh I should just delete my post lol. I was referring to all the gomefund pages, shirts being made etc - wasn't singling any family members out - just the behavior that happens in general when a child is murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine