Senate Candidate Roy Moore accused of molesting 14yo girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! The handmaids came out in support of 'the silence breakers' at the rally last evening.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/12/handmaids_protest_roy_moore_ou.html

What I am trying to understand is why most women who told their stories, and were more than past the age of consent, are now being described as "survivors of abuse". Thacker Deason, for instance, said she dated Moore several times and he was never sexually inappropriate. Some of the women were in their 20's. http://thehill.com/homenews/media/361163-moore-accuser-refuses-to-appear-on-hannity

You have mentioned here that some women were given alcohol, which is a possible misdemeanor for both servers and underage consumers, but unless the alcohol was forced, it would never rise to the level of "abuse" in a court of law.

Puzzling that an assistant DA, known by most in the area, would actually break the law by ordering alcohol for an underage (18) minor. I'd like to know if RM actually ordered the drinks for her, or shared his own drinks.

I don't care for Moore at all, I think he's a religious zealot, but I also think he's as entitled to be believed until proof is presented, as are the 2 women who are accusing him 40 years after the fact, and only one month before a major election. Beverly Young's step-son has come out and said he believes his step mother is being untruthful - add this to the fact that Allred refuses to hand over the year book for handwriting verification purposes and there is at least some room to reasonably question the veracity of her claims, IMO.

BYN step son: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/11...s-story-big-lie-dont-believe-word-says-563165

Gee, I don't know...how many of us (men or women) were signing yearbooks when we were in our 30's? How many of us have been banned from shopping malls, not because of reported creepy behavior, but because of witnessed creepy behavior? Anyone? Who here was trying to date underage girls while in your 30's? Raise your hand if you've brought a minor into your home, alone, and served them alcohol on a "date".

This isn't rocket science. He's been outed.

What I am trying to understand is why most women who told their stories, and were more than past the age of consent, are now being described as "survivors of abuse". Thacker Deason, for instance, said she dated Moore several times and he was never sexually inappropriate. Some of the women were in their 20's. http://thehill.com/homenews/media/361163-moore-accuser-refuses-to-appear-on-hannity
I am sorry I can't answer that question as I dont' know why the news media dis describing it that way.
I guess you would have to ask them.

You have mentioned here that some women were given alcohol, which is a possible misdemeanor for both servers and underage consumers, but unless the alcohol was forced, it would never rise to the level of "abuse" in a court of law.

The statute of limitations ran out long ago so there will never be any charges in the 'court of law'

Puzzling that an assistant DA, known by most in the area, would actually break the law by ordering alcohol for an underage (18) minor. I'd like to know if RM actually ordered the drinks for her, or shared his own drinks. Roy was and still is, the law in Gadsden.Who in their right mind would have questioned him? There may some links upthread from locals that you can catch up on regarding his behaviour of trolling for teenage girls at various locations. There was a pattern there.

I don't care for Moore at all, I think he's a religious zealot, but I also think he's as entitled to be believed until proof is presented, as are the 2 women who are accusing him 40 years after the fact, and only one month before a major election. Beverly Young's step-son has come out and said he believes his step mother is being untruthful - add this to the fact that Allred refuses to hand over the year book for handwriting verification purposes and there is at least some room to reasonably question the veracity of her claims, IMO.
Nobody ever asked until the Post came down to cover the primary between Moore and Strange and were in for a rude awakening of these unspoken truths. To the best of my knowledge Allred is willing to give up the yearbook to be inspected but not directly to the Moore campaign. I wouldn't either if I were her. Some have agreed to be deposed under oath as long as he does also. Your questions are legitimate and I answered honestly. I have to careful what I say as I may have to testify at a later date. I hope you understand that.

BYN step son: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/11...s-story-big-lie-dont-believe-word-says-563165
No comment on him.

I don't think I have this bolding/coloring thing conquered. Goodness!

Puzzling that an assistant DA, known by most in the area, would actually break the law by ordering alcohol for an underage (18) minor. I'd like to know if RM actually ordered the drinks for her, or shared his own drinks.

This isn't about women in their twenties. It is about girls under the age of consent and under the age to supply alcohol to.

Gee, I don't know...how many of us (men or women) were signing yearbooks when we were in our 30's? How many of us have been banned from shopping malls, not because of reported creepy behavior, but because of witnessed creepy behavior? Anyone? Who here was trying to date underage girls while in your 30's? Raise your hand if you've brought a minor into your home, alone, and served them alcohol on a "date".

This isn't rocket science. He's been outed.
Teachers sign yearbooks...coaches, janitors, etc. Moore had given talks at the high school, so he could have easily been asked to give his autograph.

As for the mall...this mall manager says he knew nothing about a Moore ban. Seems he'did know if the local deputy DA was banned, jmo. https://www.today.com/news/elementa...-special-note-yearbook-beloved-janitor-t26351

This isn't about women in their twenties. It is about girls under the age of consent and under the age to supply alcohol to.
One accuser was under the age of consent. The story is now "nine" accusers, which is why I am puzzled and asking for some sort of clarification from the verified member.

No comment on him.

I don't think I have this bolding/coloring thing conquered. Goodness!

The comment I referred to describing Deason as an abuse victim was in her attorney's email to Sean Hannity. Thank you for the thoughtful reply :)

From Time (http://time.com/5029172/roy-moore-accusers/):Earlier this month, the Washington Post reported that Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore initiated a sexual encounter with 14-year-old Leigh Corfman when he was a 32-year-old district attorney. The Post investigation also quoted three other accusers who said that Moore pursued relationships with them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18.

I believe the issue is the 14 year old, a pattern of behavior---skulking around the mall, calling school to talk--to the point of banning at the mall, and Moore's words that he never had contact with any of the girls. Certainly, anyone who choose to date Moore might be seen as non-victims. However, he was using his age and power to push himself on young girls and adolescent young women. He was pressuring at the very least in the examples of the girls at the mall.

Moore's own account of noticing his now wife when she was 15 at a dance concert and his description of her beauty is creepy in the same way.

From my perspective, any woman who did not want to do things with Moore and were coerced through pressure and/or alcohol are victims/survivors of his behavior. He was and is a powerful man in this area. Our VI says that there are others who are afraid. Our VI has had threats to safety. Roy Moore knows this and rather than calling off the bad actors, he is sparking actions as are people campaigning for him.

One woman came out and showed her card from him. She actually doesn't feel she was a victim at the time but states now that the pattern described and his refusal to admit to his behavior is the issue. I agree.

One accuser was under the age of consent. The story is now "nine" accusers, which is why I am puzzled and asking for some sort of clarification from the verified member.

Well dang vlpate! Do you think because I am an verified member that I know it all? I cannot speak for any of the other women. <mod snip>

MW, you are the "unseen woman" on the cover ....

There&#8217;s a powerful message behind the cropped elbow in the Time cover photo

Why the unseen woman means so much

As the #MeToo movement gained velocity, critics eagerly questioned why women subjected to sexual misconduct years or decades ago did not come forward immediately. The implication has been that they should not be believed, as if the merit of their allegations had an expiration date.

This skepticism is sexist in its refusal to trust women&#8217;s ability to account for their own lived experience. It&#8217;s also profoundly ignorant, as it fundamentally overlooks the overwhelming power dynamics that enable sexual harassment to proliferate by promoting and forgiving powerful men, regardless of their missteps&#8212;while punishing anyone who tries to challenge their eminence.

The obscured woman on Time&#8217;s cover can be seen as a response to those skeptics&#8212;the people who argue sexual harassment isn&#8217;t such a big deal, and those who tout the lie that women who suffer abuse silently are weak or can be dismissed.

https://qz.com/1148643/time-person-...ed-elbow-on-the-metoo-cover-has-deep-meaning/

I missed that Allred refuses to hand over the year book for handwriting verification, is there an article that discusses this, or is this just coming from the Moore camp?

MW, you are the "unseen woman" on the cover ....

There’s a powerful message behind the cropped elbow in the Time cover photo

https://qz.com/1148643/time-person-...ed-elbow-on-the-metoo-cover-has-deep-meaning/

From the link above..

This deserves repeating!!

The magazine’s statement is direct: First, shut the hell up. Second, realize that these women, all around you, are strong, brave, and deserving of every ounce of your honor and respect.

BBM

I missed that Allred refuses to hand over the year book for handwriting verification, is there an article that discusses this, or is this just coming from the Moore camp?

Phillip L. Jauregui, who represented Moore in cases involving the Ten Commandments monuments and same-sex marriage, spoke to reporters but declined to answer questions.

Jauregui also contended that Moore did not sign Nelson's high school yearbook -- a signature that Nelson and Allred used to bolster their claims. He added that the signature was inconsistent with Moore's handwriting, and that the postscript on the signature -- D.A. -- matched the initials of Moore's assistant at the time.

He called on Allred to release the yearbook so experts hired by Moore can analyze the handwriting.

"I got a question, Gloria Allred and Ms. Nelson: Do you still hold that everything written in that yearbook was written by Roy Moore or was it written by somebody else? That's not an allegation, that's a question," he said.

Allred later released a statement to CNN, saying they would agree to an examination of the yearbook by "an independent expert or experts" after a Senate committee agrees to conduct a hearing into the accusations about Moore.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/roy_moore_lawyer_to_speak_at_a.html

---
When Beverly Johnson's year book was published, Moore's lawyer, and Allred responded.

image.jpg

I notice no hands: no voice, no vote: a nod to Women's Suffrage?

Dressed in black vs white is also a multi powerful statement.

Even if more women cannot come forward because of their own reasons, this helps to have them move forward. Their feelings have been validated.

I hope more in the community will speak about his behavior as I bet almost everyone knew.

Growing up, we knew who the creepy men were and our parents warned us to stay away. Not why. Just that we should avoid anything to do with those people

Hi everyone! I appreciate all of your comments and support for us ladies who had interactions with Roy Moore. And I always appreciate Websleuths for being a victim friendly site. I told my truth and stand by my word. This isn't political for me, it is about calling a powerful person out who preyed on those of us who were teens at the time. #stillstanding

giphy.gif

Even if more women cannot come forward because of their own reasons, this helps to have them move forward. Their feelings have been validated.

I hope more in the community will speak about his behavior as I bet almost everyone knew.

Growing up, we knew who the creepy men were and our parents warned us to stay away. Not why. Just that we should avoid anything to do with those people

Bbm: it is interesting because I too knew to avoid certain men. Some were known to the community, others were not. The only guidance was "red alert" in social circles.

This is why someone like Moore was also able to persist because girls moved on, went to college, whatever. There was always a new class.

Aside from pursuing a 14 year old which is truly horrifying in this day and age, I think one of the most disturbing aspects is Moore attending of high school events, and the mall prowling as a much older man.

I kid you not! I've have barely been out of the house the past 3 weeks. Fake reporters have been knocking on my door leaving fake business cards, claiming they are with major news outlets but the card has no logo on it. It's been brutal.

Praying for your family, attorneys, the other women and you!! Your strength is amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck