Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that just occurred to me with your comment is the timing of when LE announced it was a homicide. They didn't say anything until Saturday, after Earl was arrested. That was nearly a full 6 days AFTER Mariah went missing. If there was any evidence in the home of a murder it would have been found on Monday morning after KW called LE to report the "abduction." Surely LE would have dusted the crap out of the trailer and examined the room Mariah was supposedly taken from. I don't think the trailer had anything to do with LE declaring the death a homicide. Since the declaration wasn't made until after Earl's arrest I would speculate that Earl cracked under questioning and told the true story of what happened to Mariah. That's why I also think Earl isn't going to be charged with her death, if he killed her he would have admitted it during questioning when it was learned her death was a homicide and that confession would have been enough to charge him.

The case was classified as a homicide not only after Earl was arrested but also after evidence was sent to Quantico, and after the sheriff had a long conversation with a family member. Perhaps some evidence was returned and somebody talked. JMO

I agree and at the risk of ratting myself out, there was only one little girl shown in EK's extended family's FB photos (and it wasn't Mariah).

I don't think it is the same place. That could be a very common garden edging for that area.

Maybe, but I sure hope not. She’s likely ruined most if not all of their holidays. I hope the authorities will Keep her from doing anymore damage to those boys.

Ya know, little kids are amazingly resiliant. The youngest one won't remember much of anything, he's too young. The older one may carry some memories but there is enough time for him to have much better memories. Provided the state provides them with the mental health services they will need those boys are going to be just fine.

I’ve deleted my petition post, I didn’t know my apologies to members and Websleuths Moderators.

No apology necessary for me. So many are passionate about this case and are only offering to share what they find. I figured I would save you and the mods the grief.

But thank you. Happy the numbers have doubled in a few days. People are irate over this case and they want to be heard.

BBM

Mine might be unpopular too, however, based on what has come out, as of now, I tend to agree with you. No judgement on Dad, at all, but I don't feel that I would be capable of addressing the needs, and helping them move forward, myself. I'd likely need some sort of therapy myself, alone, then combined with my kids, in some type of family therapy, with the goal of reunification. This is not something that most parents will have the tools to be able go it alone. Also, with the area being rural, there may not be a lot of tools available to them (there are few options in my county). I'd want all the help I could get.

Oh I have judgements about the dad. But they're not necessarily relating to his handling of these events.

You may be right.
Something that comes to mind is how all along, LE called this a ‘focused’ incident when reporters asked if the community should be concerned for the safety of other children in the area.

The case was classified as a homicide not only after Earl was arrested but also after evidence was sent to Quantico, and after the sheriff had a long conversation with a family member. Perhaps some evidence was returned and somebody talked. JMO

Revisiting the floor plan question for the single wide mobile home.
This one is a 3-bed, Master on one end, other 2 beds on the opposite end. https://mobilehomeliving.org/wp-content/uploads/single-wide-floor-plan-bedroom-on-end-930x197.gif

This one is a 2 bed, and has the Master/bathroom/bedroom configuration a poster was talking about. https://mobilehomeliving.org/wp-content/uploads/Sunwood-skyline-homes-floor-plan.jpg

I think after looking at some of the floorplans then studying the pictures of the trailer (jdnews had a good series of shots from different angles) you can figure out a good guesstimate of the layout. The smaller windows will most likely be bathrooms or possibly over kitchen sink- front door most likely opens into living room- back door should be off a hallway, probably by bathroom, etc. Each end of the trailer is usually a bedroom except when it's a living room or kitchen-the entrance doors wouldn't seem to allow for that in this case. imho the window with the damaged shade was likely Mariah's with the boys sharing a bedroom at the very end of that hall (the window with blanket over it in pics). Kitchen window is right off front porch looking towards shed, back door opened into hallway by master bedroom- possible laundry/bath by that door.

OK. This is a lot and it may not be as linear as I would like, but I absolutely believe that EK was directly responsible for the child's death. I do not think it was intentional. I do not think it was during the commission of a SA. I do think the mother knew about it almost immediately. I do think she, at the very least, sanctioned the cover up if not participated directly in it. I do not think she ever thought her child was missing. I believe the sheriff acted using his own best judgment when issuing an amber alert. (No, not every missing child case qualifies as one as much as it hurts our hearts.). But based on the fact that she had trouble walking, they could reasonably assume she didn't wander off. I think the CARD team from the FBI was called in almost immediately. They make their resources available at request and in situations where the local PD doesn't have much experience with missing children, they defer to CARDs expertise. I think that very VERY quickly the FBI realized what this was. I know that the law *knew* it was a recovery case sometime around the 28th/29th. (I remember this very well because I had a whole host of information that I wish I didn't know plopped in my lap the night of my niece's birthday. The fact that the child was deceased was part of that info.). I think that the FBI had forensic evidence from the very beginning of their investigation. I think that's why we started seeing the language change in the interviews with the sheriff. I think they allowed the amber alert/ abduction story to play out so they could get info from the mother and EK. They have them go on television to make pleas for multiple reasons. Her interview was quite telling. (I'm talking about language and body language- and not the absence of tears.).

Well, my battery is about dead again. 😂. I will quote this post when I finish up. (My closing statements will be a wrap up analysis and predictions about what will come out at trial.)

Something that just occurred to me with your comment is the timing of when LE announced it was a homicide. They didn't say anything until Saturday, after Earl was arrested. That was nearly a full 6 days AFTER Mariah went missing. If there was any evidence in the home of a murder it would have been found on Monday morning after KW called LE to report the "abduction." Surely LE would have dusted the crap out of the trailer and examined the room Mariah was supposedly taken from. I don't think the trailer had anything to do with LE declaring the death a homicide. Since the declaration wasn't made until after Earl's arrest I would speculate that Earl cracked under questioning and told the true story of what happened to Mariah. That's why I also think Earl isn't going to be charged with her death, if he killed her he would have admitted it during questioning when it was learned her death was a homicide and that confession would have been enough to charge him.

I think the other possibility is that they got test results from whatever evidence was flown to quantico.

Here is the video all by itself. The most telling part for me was at the end,when KW tells Mariah to take her foot off the gas, tells her again, then swats Mariah's foot off the gas and says, "Hey, woman!" To her 3 year old daughter..... May be a cultural thing, but it still seems rather off. http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/...953388744/640x360_MP4_4335062551953388744.mp4

I couldn't understand a word that guy was saying!
And when KW yells at that other little girl...what was her (KW) issue?!
I just got a weird vibe from the video :/

Curious as to what you think the COD will be if only EK was responsible. What about the timing? Thinking of the son being hit in the face the same day and having a hard time reconciling that wouldn't have occurred at the same time Mariah was killed.

OK. This is a lot and it may not be as linear as I would like, but I absolutely believe that EK was directly responsible for the child's death. I do not think it was intentional. I do not think it was during the commission of a SA. I do think the mother knew about it almost immediately. I do think she, at the very least, sanctioned the cover up if not participated directly in it. I do not think she ever thought her child was missing. I believe the sheriff acted using his own best judgment when issuing an amber alert. (No, not every missing child case qualifies as one as much as it hurts our hearts.). But based on the fact that she had trouble walking, they could reasonably assume she didn't wander off. I think the CARD team from the FBI was called in almost immediately. They make their resources available at request and in situations where the local PD doesn't have much experience with missing children, they defer to CARDs expertise. I think that very VERY quickly the FBI realized what this was. I know that the law *knew* it was a recovery case sometime around the 28th/29th. (I remember this very well because I had a whole host of information that I wish I didn't know plopped in my lap the night of my niece's birthday. The fact that the child was deceased was part of that info.). I think that the FBI had forensic evidence from the very beginning of their investigation. I think that's why we started seeing the language change in the interviews with the sheriff. I think they allowed the amber alert/ abduction story to play out so they could get info from the mother and EK. They have them go on television to make pleas for multiple reasons. Her interview was quite telling. (I'm talking about language and body language- and not the absence of tears.).

Well, my battery is about dead again. . I will quote this post when I finish up. (My closing statements will be a wrap up analysis and predictions about what will come out at trial.)

Well, my battery is about dead again. . I will quote this post when I finish up. (My closing statements will be a wrap up analysis and predictions about what will come out at trial.)

I am pretty sure that everyone thought that from the beginning and even without having any inside info dumped in their laps. No one could say it in the beginning, though, because of TOS and the mother and the boyfriend were still considered victims. He, until he was arrested and she, until the CPS forms were published.

Does it normally take this long for an arrest? Missing for at least ten days. Arrest, and acknowledgement the girl is deceased six days ago. Body found five days ago. Sexual abuse revealed two days ago. Body positively identified one day ago.

I know many are hoping for more charges against the boyfriend and any charges against the mother, but to me, it doesn't seem like it's going to come to pass. I've read the hopeful statements that the investigators are merely biding their time to collect everything they can. But if the mother was complicit in the death, would they truly allow her to be free in society? Something doesn't feel right.

BBM

I feel that also. If the child had clear trauma on her body when she was found, I feel at least one murder charge would have already been filed. The fact that none have been forthcoming and the wording of the charges that have been filed, leads me to believe that investigators do not have enough evidence to file murder charges. The charges filed i.e. moving a body from the place of death, obstruction ect, all seem to say that neither EK or KW directly killed Mariah, but rather the child died of "unnatural" causes which could be anything from intentional harm to accidental fall to the child getting hold of the adults drug stash. I tend to rule out intentional harm at this time simply because no murder charge has been filed.

The charges filed seem more like the child died of an accident (fall, overdose ect) and the adults panicked and hid the body either knowing they would do jail time for having drugs around children or from thinking that KW would for sure lose custody of the boys.

This length of time elapsing from finding the child to autopsy to other charges being filed makes it look like they are waiting for a tox screen to come back.

The thought has crossed my mind that little Mariah could have been ran over as she was getting out of the car that night when they returned home. Especially if the driver was under the influence and has a hot temper and was angered by some argument occurring on the way home. I base this on the interest they had in the SUV.

But I have been known to be wrong.

BBM

I feel that also. If the child had clear trauma on her body when she was found, I feel at least one murder charge would have already been filed. The fact that none have been forthcoming and the wording of the charges that have been filed, leads me to believe that investigators do not have enough evidence to file murder charges. The charges filed i.e. moving a body from the place of death, obstruction ect, all seem to say that neither EK or KW directly killed Mariah, but rather the child died of "unnatural" causes which could be anything from intentional harm to accidental fall to the child getting hold of the adults drug stash. I tend to rule out intentional harm at this time simply because no murder charge has been filed.

The charges filed seem more like the child died of an accident (fall, overdose ect) and the adults panicked and hid the body either knowing they would do jail time for having drugs around children or from thinking that KW would for sure lose custody of the boys.

This length of time elapsing from finding the child to autopsy to other charges being filed makes it look like they are waiting for a tox screen to come back.

The thought has crossed my mind that little Mariah could have been ran over as she was getting out of the car that night when they returned home. Especially if the driver was under the influence and has a hot temper and was angered by some argument occurring on the way home. I base this on the interest they had in the SUV.

But I have been known to be wrong.
SUV? Was there a second car?

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Those little boys will NEVER be alright. The formative years are from birth to 3. I believe the youngest is 5, he will most likely have a harder time than the older one. They are resilient in some things, but not to the torture they've gon3e through. That's the reason why there's more children in that age bracket in foster homes and teenagers than younger ones, they are VERY difficult to handle and because of that they are more susceptible to further abuse in foster homes.

That's why I said if they are provided with the mental health services they need they will be fine and IF the abuse was that severe. I'm not convinced there was rampant abuse in the household as some here have speculated.

Also, the problem with many children in foster care is that they lack a stable, loving home while undergoing proper mental health evaluation and treatment. You can't expect a foster child to thrive and work through any mental issues when they lack a stable, loving home with people they know and trust. Based on the information currently available I think for those boys to have the best chance they need to be with their father while undergoing whatever treatment is necessary.

I stand by my original comment though, provided they get the support they need they'll be fine.

I think the other possibility is that they got test results from whatever evidence was flown to quantico.

I thought the evidence sent to Quantico was recovered after Earl's arrest, am I getting my time line wrong?

She would have qualified for a head start program (federal govnt funded preschool program) but I doubt the mom would put her in a program with the sexual abuse going on. JMO

She might not have qualified if she just turned 3. I believe there is a cut off. Here in NJ, in my town they have free preschool and they have to turn 3 before 10/1 to be able to start preschool. Same for kindergarten (5). Not sure how it works in N.C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member