Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the evidence sent to Quantico was recovered after Earl's arrest, am I getting my time line wrong?

The evidence was recovered before Earl’s arrest.

JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County — The FBI is currently "testing items of interest" in Quantico related to the case of missing 3-year-old Mariah Woods.
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office and FBI held their third joint press conference on Thursday to discuss their investigation into Mariah's disappearance.

An FBI official said that during their investigation, they discovered "items of interest" and utilized the help of the Marine Corps to transport those items to Quantico for priority testing.

Sheriff Hans Miller that that additional resources have been brought in as their search for Mariah continues to its fourth day.

http://wlos.com/news/local/items-of-interest-from-mariah-woods-case-being-tested-at-fbi-quantico

Ya know, little kids are amazingly resiliant. The youngest one won't remember much of anything, he's too young. The older one may carry some memories but there is enough time for him to have much better memories. Provided the state provides them with the mental health services they will need those boys are going to be just fine.
I don't know about that. I remember every single detail about the last day I briefly saw my best friend before she died when I was only 3 1/2. I could tell you exactly what she was wearing and what we were feeling and saying, and it hurts my heart even now to picture those two little girls reaching out for each other and crying while our mothers kept us apart. And just that experience alone, knowing she was sick, and then knowing she had "gone to heaven" before the promised return visit "tomorrow" made me a sometimes morbid child. That was 40 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The evidence was recovered before Earl’s arrest.

JACKSONVILLE, Onslow County — The FBI is currently "testing items of interest" in Quantico related to the case of missing 3-year-old Mariah Woods.
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office and FBI held their third joint press conference on Thursday to discuss their investigation into Mariah's disappearance.

An FBI official said that during their investigation, they discovered "items of interest" and utilized the help of the Marine Corps to transport those items to Quantico for priority testing.

Sheriff Hans Miller that that additional resources have been brought in as their search for Mariah continues to its fourth day.

http://wlos.com/news/local/items-of-interest-from-mariah-woods-case-being-tested-at-fbi-quantico

Thank you.

I agree with what some have said about the SA, there is no way it was the only time. Getting caught usually implies comfort.

Theory...EK and KH went 'out of town'. Did this happen often?
Is it possible MW was with them? The boys left home alone or with Granny next door?
There was drug use which means drug purchases.
Drugs cost money, I'm not aware of anyone in the home working.
Is it possible poor little MW was being traded? Transported in and out of a hotel in a suitcase?
I don't find that far fetched given the sickening circumstances of the situation.
I have been poor in my life, but rather than ask someone to borrow a suitcase, I would use a trash bag or a box for clothing to go on a trip. Unless of course I didn't want my appearance to seem out of the ordinary to whomever might be looking at me or judging me.

Another theory....is it possible MW was being used as a drug mule? Anything that she may have been forced to ingest could have leaked and caused the sweet baby to die.

It's sickening that either of those theories is a viable possibility.
Something that strikes me as both odd and conflicting.
I've read somewhere that EK and KH arrived home at midnight, I've watched videos somewhere in which KH states she saw MW at 11 and EK saw her at 12. One of the stories in not accurate.

Another thing is depending on what direction they drove home from their 'out of town' trip, they very well could have placed sweet MW in the creek along the route back to the trailer where 3 innocent sweet children lived in a nightmare.

Regarding AW...someone in that town give dad a darn good paying job with benefits and train him if he doesn't have the skills. Attorneys in the area, someone take dad's case as pro bono. Non profits and religious entities, don't some of you guys have excellent day care services and counseling that could be rendered at a reduced rate or no charge just to make a difference in your community? And wth America, we have built Habitat for Humanity homes for people less afflicted by poverty, can we not get something together for this family?! I get so upset with people saying things like 'I wish I could help' and non profits and others will travel around the world to make a difference but have a challenge doing the same good work in their own back yard. I know that isn't everyone, it's just frustrating. The people who can make the most difference in the lives of those boys live in the community and I hope like heck that an outreach is already being made to lift this family up and give them the necessary tools, education, finances and whatever kind of support is necessary including legal.
Amen to that !

Not wanting to start a debate, but IMO, there doesn't have to be "rampant abuse" in the household for the boys to be traumatized. We don't know the extent of the abuse, but it really doesn't matter because what we DO know is horrific enough. I find it incredibly sad that even the tribute video that showed Mariah playing and being a toddler also showed her brothers with black eyes. I don't know where the best place is for these boys, hopefully somewhere safe and loving where they will get the help needed. But I don't think any abused child should ever have to settle for being "fine", I'd rather they "thrive."

That's why I said if they are provided with the mental health services they need they will be fine and IF the abuse was that severe. I'm not convinced there was rampant abuse in the household as some here have speculated.

Also, the problem with many children in foster care is that they lack a stable, loving home while undergoing proper mental health evaluation and treatment. You can't expect a foster child to thrive and work through any mental issues when they lack a stable, loving home with people they know and trust. Based on the information currently available I think for those boys to have the best chance they need to be with their father while undergoing whatever treatment is necessary.

I stand by my original comment though, provided they get the support they need they'll be fine.

Though I do appreciate that kids are resilient and I also appreciate your otimism Danthrplgst, I hope you are right. However when I was 18 and my brother was 10 we lost our father to cancer 3 weeks after diagnosis. Neither of us will ever be the same. FWIW we both named our sons after him.

Sorry, my reply to post didn’t work. Was in response to Vmmking and Danthrplgst.

I don't know about that. I remember every single detail about the last day I briefly saw my best friend before she died when I was only 3 1/2. I could tell you exactly what she was wearing and what we were feeling and saying, and it hurts my heart even now to picture those two little girls reaching out for each other and crying while our mothers kept us apart. And just that experience alone, knowing she was sick, and then knowing she had "gone to heaven" before the promised return visit "tomorrow" made me a sometimes morbid child. That was 40 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.

That's interesting you can remember something so vividly at 3.5 years old. It's generally accepted that memories from that age are unretrievable by the time a person reaches puberty. In fact, we lose about 60% of our early childhood memories by the age of 9yo.

That's interesting you can remember something so vividly at 3.5 years old. It's generally accepted that memories from that age are unretrievable by the time a person reaches puberty. In fact, we lose about 60% of our early childhood memories by the age of 9yo.

Interesting. I have several very vivid memories from early childhood, starting at 18 months.

Not wanting to start a debate, but IMO, there doesn't have to be "rampant abuse" in the household for the boys to be traumatized. We don't know the extent of the abuse, but it really doesn't matter because what we DO know is horrific enough. I find it incredibly sad that even the tribute video that showed Mariah playing and being a toddler also showed her brothers with black eyes. I don't know where the best place is for these boys, hopefully somewhere safe and loving where they will get the help needed. But I don't think any abused child should ever have to settle for being "fine", I'd rather they "thrive."

I haven't seen the video in question but do we know for sure the were black eyes from abuse and not something else? Seems a little odd they would video tape the children with evidence of abuse. If that tape were to fall into the wrong hands it would be very damaging.

I know it's remarkable. I would believe they were manufactured memories, except that my mother never spoke of that day again. A few years ago I sat down and told her what I remembered and she was floored. But it also explained so much.

Can I ask where you are getting this information, you say,In fact, we lose about 60% of our early childhood memories by the age of 9yo.... This is not fact at all. I would really like to know where this comes from.

I couldn't understand a word that guy was saying!
And when KW yells at that other little girl...what was her (KW) issue?!
I just got a weird vibe from the video :/

It's the yell of someone who is desperately trying to control a situation and make sure it "plays well" for the audience. Like a director who is yelling at actors. Except this director is woefully inept, and the actors have no idea what their lines or cues are.
It's the yell of someone who is behaving immaturely and expecting everyone else to bow to her will.
"Stop it!" instead of "Hang on sweetie, let Mariah do it by herself, and you can help in a little bit." or, just get out of the way and let the kids experiment instead of trying to control everything! Ugh.

With respect, I believe it depends on the specific memories. Traumatic events are not so easily erased.

Though I do appreciate that kids are resilient and I also appreciate your otimism Danthrplgst, I hope you are right. However when I was 18 and my brother was 10 we lost our father to cancer 3 weeks after diagnosis. Neither of us will ever be the same. FWIW we both named our sons after him.

Sorry, my reply to post didn’t work. Was in response to Vmmking and Danthrplgst.

I understand. I lost one of my brothers (I'm one of 6 boys) to a drunk driver when I was only 8yo and lost my father the following year just after I turned 9yo. It's interesting to me that so many people can recall events from so early in their lives ( a person just mentioned recalling memories from 18months old) and I barely remember either of those events. I certainly remember the emotions, esp when my brother died but most of the events associated with either death are very hazy in my memory.

The video tape was meant to be about Mariah and showed other children as well. No, we do not know if the black eyes were from abuse. No more than we know that their small statures were from malnourishment and neglect. All speculation. Sadly, it doesn't appear anyone close to the children would have thought anything about black eyes, or bruises, or withdrawing, or anything relating to abuse because they were all so immune to it. MOO

I haven't seen the video in question but do we know for sure the were black eyes from abuse and not something else? Seems a little odd they would video tape the children with evidence of abuse. If that tape were to fall into the wrong hands it would be very damaging.

I thought the evidence sent to Quantico was recovered after Earl's arrest, am I getting my time line wrong?

No, the evidence was sent before he was arrested. The evidence from the recovery site was sent after he was arrested, but the evidence from the home and van was sent much earlier than that,

No way KW did not know what was going on.

JMO
I totally agree with you. I lived in mobile home for many years and I never knock anyone who does because at the time it served a very important purpose as our first "house". But one thing for sure about them is if she was living in the same mobile home as he was then she knew. There is very limited space and the walls are typically very thin especially in the older models. The heck with tornadoes, even normal Thunder storms had us worried the walls were going to cave in.

The bottom line is she knew whatever he was doing if she was in that same mobile home with him.

She might not have qualified if she just turned 3. I believe there is a cut off. Here in NJ, in my town they have free preschool and they have to turn 3 before 10/1 to be able to start preschool. Same for kindergarten (5). Not sure how it works in N.C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are federal programs available for children with physical and mental special needs. IF Mariah had an IEP for her physical and/or developmental needs, she would have been eligible, through her public school, for physical therapy and/or special education services. Those services would have been provided in her home, unless the school district was large enough or had enough need for a special needs preschool.

There was a video on KW's facebook, before it was closed, of KW working with Mariah on her reading. The caption said they were reading for Mariah's teacher, and Kristy was practicing the things the teacher wanted them to do. I wish we could have access to that video, knowing what we know now. It was from this spring/beg. of summer, I think. At the time, I was watching it to learn more about Mariah's legs, and I was noticing that Mariah seemed uncoordinated in her arms and head movements, too. Otherwise she seemed like a typical toddler, and was not interested in her mom running the show. She had her own ideas about what to do. I liked seeing that spirit at the time, and was concerned with how disconnected KW seemed from Mariah. still crossing my fingers someone saved that video....

According to Wiki it is an area of NC:

The Piedmont-Triad (or simply the Triad) is a north-central region of the U.S. state of North Carolina that consists of the area within and surrounding the three major cities of Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point. This close group or "triad" of cities lies in the Piedmont geographical region of the United States and forms the basis of the Greensboro-Winston-Salem-High Point CSA. The area of the triad is approximately 5,954 square miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans