MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #14 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does that work? He goes to prison and 16 years later he gets to apply for release? They can deny him until he hits 35 years?
I guess I don't know how how that all goes...

It’s pretty standard for there to be chances for parole but it all depends on what the judge ruled. His guidelines are prepared by MDOC and this is a good result. It would generate appeals if the judge deviated upward from the plea.

That’s all I’ve got at the moment. I loved the jogger’s statement. Empowering and sends a clear message to Floyd that he carries no power over her going forward. He can sit in his cell and think about that for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s pretty standard for there to be chances for parole but it all depends on what the judge ruled. His guidelines are prepared by MDOC and this is a good result. It would generate appeals if the judge deviated upward from the plea.

That’s all I’ve got at the moment. I loved the jogger’s statement. Empowering and sends a clear message to Floyd that he carries no power over her going forward. He can sit in his cell and think about that for a while.

I agree. The joggers statement was so powerful. She was a victim of a terrorizing crime however she’s moving forward not as a victim but a strong empowered woman. I cannot begin to understand how she must have felt sitting in the court with him. This person has courage and may she share her story to guide others to stand up and speak . A remarkable woman.
#finddani

Hopefully this is the first of several steps that will end up putting him away for life!

So how does that work? He goes to prison and 16 years later he gets to apply for release? They can deny him until he hits 35 years?
I guess I don't know how how that all goes...

From what I understand, and this is according to a personal experience with someone I know that has a nonviolent felony with prison time....the 16 years is the minimum to be served and when he can be eligible for parole. He can be released if it’s granted. If parole is not granted, he would stay in prison and serve the maximum of 35.

Good behavior is an option again for prisoners. From what I’ve been told, prisoners will have their sentences looked at and re-evaluated based on good behavior. I can’t find a good article on it, but it was a reform approved earlier this year. Prior to, prisoners could not get early release for good behavior.

https://articles.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/03/gov_rick_snyder_signs_criminal.amp

It took the victim who was attacked by Floyd Galloway months before she could leave the house on her own.

But even with the fear of the attack she endured Sept. 4, 2016, in Livonia's Hines Park, she was able to complete the half-marathon she had trained for a month later.

"Because of that attack, I have become even stronger," she said in court Friday morning. "You don't deserve to be on the same Earth as me and my family."

more at the link

http://www.hometownlife.com/story/n...eaks-galloway-sentencing-stislicki/928170001/

[video=youtube;0CXYyd91JEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CXYyd91JEI[/video]

Haven't watched yet, but I think Lady Justice got the video of the entire thing:

[video=youtube;d0yXnExsYec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0yXnExsYec[/video]

"We know things. Danielle had spoken to me about you, and the police know that as well." ~ Ann Stislicki in video from the link above.

This makes me re-think things. If Danielle was picking up vibes, or something else that made her tell her mom 'things about Floyd', I highly doubt she would have willingly given him a ride.
This makes me think worse things than I though before.
I love the hashtag I saw on FDS page: #It'sOurTurn or something similar.
I pray the Stislicki family doesn't have to wait much longer.

It took the victim who was attacked by Floyd Galloway months before she could leave the house on her own.

But even with the fear of the attack she endured Sept. 4, 2016, in Livonia's Hines Park, she was able to complete the half-marathon she had trained for a month later.

"Because of that attack, I have become even stronger," she said in court Friday morning. "You don't deserve to be on the same Earth as me and my family."

more at the link

http://www.hometownlife.com/story/n...eaks-galloway-sentencing-stislicki/928170001/

BBM
I agree with the quote. Personally, I hope he dies is prison. Maybe he'll tick off the wrong person one day.

He needs to say what he did with Danielle! Why plead guilty to one serious crime and not another?

Most likely he fears a heavier sentence (I’m pulling for life). I’d much prefer he tell the family where Danielle is and spend the rest of his life in prison, far away from everyone and everything he once knew and loved. Just spend his days (what would hopefully feel like an eternity) watching the world and the life he once knew pass right on by.

Most likely he fears a heavier sentence (I’m pulling for life). I’d much prefer he tell the family where Danielle is and spend the rest of his life in prison, far away from everyone and everything he once knew and loved. Just spend his days (what would hopefully feel like an eternity) watching the world and the life he once knew pass right on by.

Yes. Couldn't have said it better myself. Stay strong.

He has 42 days to appeal his plea?

Often a plea agreement contains a clause whereby the defendent gives up certain rights to appeal. We would have to see FG's agreement to know if he did in this case, but it sounds as if yes, he has 42 days to file an appeal of his conviction or of the sentence the judge handed him today.

Even if he appeals, however, he is leaving the Wayne County Jail and going to prison.

He will head to Jackson very shortly, probably tonight, to the processing center there. He will stay there for orientation, and physical/various evaluations and then be placed in a Michigan prison, likely at Level 4 security, for at least a year. In Level 4, prisoners spend 22-23 hours a day in their cells. He may be able to apply for a job, since he already has his high school diploma. Most of the jobs I have heard of pay $7 a month to their prisoner/commissary/trust fund accounts. I was glad to hear that he will be required to pay some fees and restitutions, though he will be allowed to keep the $7 he earns per month at a menial job and anything else up to $50 a month before he is required to pay his fines from his prisoner account.

Sorry if my sarcasm is audible.

I saw on the court website it said his financial assessment fees were $1634. Not sure if there is more to that.

On November 21st, when FRGjr admitted his crimes against the Hines Park Jogger as part of the plea agreement, Judge Slavens asked him, "Do you understand you are giving up your right to appeal any rulings, ...with the Court Of Appeals?

FRGjr responded,"Yes."

Judge Slavens continued telling FRGjr that any Appeal would be by Leave of the Court of Appeals, there is no automatic right to appeal. Instead it would be up to the Court of Appeals whether they would hear your case or not. Do you understand that, Sir?

FRGjr responded,"Yes."

So, if FRGjr goes forward on appeal, he would file Application for Leave to Appeal within 42 days. And The Court of Appeals may decline to hear the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member