Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't anticipate any further stories from WM. Not unless he and his team decide to testify against Sini (creating reasonable doubt should he be charged with causing Sherin's death--as opposed to not preventing it).

I am guessing a lot will depend on what the charges are at the end of the day and what decisions are made with regard to charging them together or individually.

He is already on record admitting to sufficient acts to send him away for life--and it is pretty hard to see how anything he can say now can change that reality for him. End of the day he was there (not only the day of Sherin's death but all the days leading up to it) and has admitted to acts of commission and omission. Thus far his attorney has been adamant with regard to both parties claiming spousal privilege in order to avoid testimony against each other (recall that on day one it was WM's attorney who interrupted to prevent Sini from answering a question by pointing out that she had spousal privilege--and the prosecution was busy looking it up in the law book, until she rendered the point moot by pleading the fifth in answer to the question).

My legal knowledge comes mostly from watching Law & Order. Does anyone know how the decision to try the parties together or separately might come about? Seems as if the state makes a decision to try the parties together, but then one or the other party can move to have the cases severed? Anyone?

Well, first Sini has to be charged with something more than child endangerment.

I'm pretty sure the "spousal privilege" does not apply when the crime involves a minor child.

Sini is going to plead the 5th all the way, I would guess.

I'm pretty sure the "spousal privilege" does not apply when the crime involves a minor child.

She doesn't have to say anything right? The prosecution just has to prove their case against her.

BBM

BBM

That phrase, ”she grew cold and stiff” haunts me. I know several have associated it with rigor mortis which can begin within 2 hours of death but that hasn’t clicked with me. Tonight as I was trying to unwind it hit me. Posturing.

The
Posturing can occur minutes to hours before death. There are 3 main types.
attachment.php

Decorticate can occur with hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) from choking but it is uncommon. However is is not uncommon to have vomiting from the traumatic brain injury that causes posturing that results in severe aspiration (inhaling the vomit)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abnormal_posturing

I go back to my theory just after last weeks custody hearing that Sherin suffered a severe brain injury probably with a skull fracture as early as Wednesday evening. She stayed home from pre-school on Thursday that we know for sure and was vomiting. As her brain continued to swell she became sicker, until passing away sometime the evening or night before they reported her missing. After Sherin’s prior fractures had been identified they just could not risk getting her medical care. So they waited thinking perhaps she would get better and no one would ever know. WM speaks of her breathing slowing. And I believe that was possibly Cheyne-Stokes breathing that often comes just before death. I am more convinced than ever that Sherin’s cause of death was a head injury. JMHO

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyne–Stokes_respiration

Thank you for this information. It puts into clarity why WM said he "assisted" Sherin with her milk. His statement provided an excuse for a possible skull/neck injury found during an autopsy. Add that excuse to the bogus statement Sini made regarding the brittle bones and the LEO's statement about WM almost quoting from statute/code and it's pretty clear what direction they were trying to go with their 'story'.

I think, it's been 47 days since she was found.

Natalie whatshername from some news station, WF... something something, said it could take up to 90 days for tox reports. I'm hoping it's nearer 50 than 90.

It was about 2 weeks later, though, that they actually had the body, right? So I guess we have to count from when they were done with the autopsy. 11/15 or 11/16?

Only if they will talk. If they are pleading the 5th odds are they aren't talking to cops.

I'm hoping that WM decides to REALLY come clean and tell the truth about Sini's involvement. If she is the real killer and abuser, I'd rather see him get a deal with a shorter sentence in trade for her getting life in prison.

It was about 2 weeks later, though, that they actually had the body, right? So I guess we have to count from when they were done with the autopsy. 11/15 or 11/16?

The Medical Examiner released her body on Oct. 29th so the autopsy was completed by then, and samples sent out for toxicology probably a couple of days earlier.

I'm hoping that WM decides to REALLY come clean and tell the truth about Sini's involvement. If she is the real killer and abuser, I'd rather see him get a deal with a shorter sentence in trade for her getting life in prison.

Sounds fair to me.

She doesn't have to say anything right? The prosecution just has to prove their case against her.

Yes exactly. So far her only charge is child neglect for leaving Sherin home alone for 90 minutes because that is provable with evidence from wherever it is they went to eat according to LE.

BBM, Yes i think she will do what her attorney instructs her to do.

If the report comes back with the detail I am speculating, it may be that they don't release it until after the holidays....?

She will have a very tough life in prison. Baby abusers/killers are not well received.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

BBM, Yes i think she will do what her attorney instructs her to do.

I know that you are so right in this but I must say that whenever an attorney advises a client to plead the fifth that is a last resort due to the fact that the attorney has no alternative to protect their client; in other words they are at a loss as to how in hell they can defend their client. JMO

What is God thinking when children land in hideous circumstances? He's weeping. (If one can apply some sort of equivalence between God and the human condition.) Weeping that those whom he loved enough to create in His image and likeness, giving them free will, have used that free will for destruction.

Amen!

IMO, I think that Sini has held WM totally responsible for bringing Sherin into their lives. He brought "damaged goods" into their family and she has punished him ever since. He, the total submissive side of the marital union, has been made to feel totally responsible for all the problems he has caused for bringing Sherin into the household. He has to pay for what he had done. Sini is the dominate, controlling person in this relationship and has dictated what WM had to do to correct the situation. He followed her instructions and did as told.

She needs to spend the rest of her life behind bars. JMO

The only reason for either of them to say anything would be if they have information that nobody else has that would clear them of whatever they are charged with.

And unless one of them can testify that they were taken out of that house by aliens during that time frame, or is willing to say that the other one did it, I cannot imagine that either one will say anything.

I suppose one other possibility would be if one might decide to plead guilty.

the site of sherin’s grave is released.
Her headstone reads "moment in our arms, lifetime in our hearts." hmmm!

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/coll...-in-our-arms-lifetime-in-our-hearts/498122397

the headstone also reads "moment in our arms, lifetime in our hearts." a source close to the family says those words were chosen by wesley, sherin mathews' adoptive father.
wtf !!!

the family tells wfaa they are now comfortable sharing that her headstone is located in the southwest portion of the cemetery at the turrentine-jackson-morrow funeral home. The family is very aware that many people wanted to pay their respects and asks that if people wish to come by the site to do it respectfully.
several weeks back a private ceremony was held for sherin mathews. There were about 30 to 40 people there and it was led by the elders of the church. The soil around the headstone is still fresh and that headstone reads her full name "sherin susan mathews."

Not surprising that they didn't choose a headstone with a photo on it.....

The "Moment in our arms, lifetime in our hearts" quote seems......like it was chosen simply because it sounded good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23