Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and the murder investigation is ongoing. I don't see any family attorney volunteering to spend hours trying to fight the state on who has custody of two little boys who have suffered the emotional trauma of the loss of their little sister. It would be a losing battle, imo.

I keep seeing "murder" mentioned. Did I miss something? I thought there were no murder charges and no cause of death.

The scroll at the top of the page says: Mom's Boyfriend, Earl Kimrey, Aressted in Murder of Three Year Old Mariah Woods

I keep seeing "murder" mentioned. Did I miss something? I thought there were no murder charges and no cause of death.

The scroll at the top of the page says: Mom's Boyfriend, Earl Kimrey, Aressted in Murder of Three Year Old Mariah Woods
I haven't seen the word murder, but we can all have our opinions how a three year old's body ended up rotting in a creek. You don't think that there may have been a murder here? I have had a child die suddenly and unexplainably of natural causes, and I can tell you that I didn't toss her off a bridge. I called for help.

I didn't provide the heading at the top of the page.

The State of NC should have protected the kids before it came to this. This could have been prevented. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do we know that the State of NC failed in protecting Mariah? We don't even know if, at the time of her death, they were involved with the family in any way.

DCFS was also okay with the placement that resulted in Mariah's death.

A placement which was more than a year ago. Since then, what evidence did DCFS have that Mariah was in danger? I think it is a little unrealistic to assume DCFS has a crystal ball.

Do we know that the State of NC failed in protecting Mariah? We don't even know if, at the time of her death, they were involved with the family in any way.

They were involved re the claim that the ten year old was beaten with a belt.

They were involved re the claim that the ten year old was beaten with a belt.

That claim seems to have been made AFTER Mariah's death. According to the father, Mariah was returned to her mother 1.5 years ago. Was the State of NC DCFS involved at the time of Mariah's death?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• warrant2.jpg
    warrant2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 374
  • kimrey warrant.jpg
    kimrey warrant.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 371
That claim seems to have been made AFTER Mariah's death. According to the father, Mariah was returned to her mother 1.5 years ago. Was the State of NC DCFS involved at the time of Mariah's death?

No, that is why the bio father was given custody for a month after the boy was beaten with a belt.

No, that is why the bio father was given custody for a month after the boy was beaten with a belt.

He was given custody 1.5 years ago yet the child was returned to her mother. What evidence is there that DCFS was still involved with the children recently?

He was given custody 1.5 years ago yet the child was returned to her mother. What evidence is there that DCFS was still involved with the children recently?

Do you not think that they should have not been involved? Shouldn't they have been checking on them? One of them is now dead.

Do you not think that they should have not been involved? Shouldn't they have been checking on them? One of them is now dead.

Why would DCFS still be monitoring the children? Yes, one of them is now dead but do you really believe DCFS continues monitoring every case that has ever been reported?

I know that there are still some of you who can not imagine a mother being involved with harm being done to their children. I've followed this type of case for many, many years. I've just wanted to post a link to a case I'm following. This will show you exactly what some so called "mothers" are willing to do for .

http://www.wect.com/story/37016810/2-charged-with-creating-child-*advertiser censored*-of-toddler

I read this the other day and didn’t understand... was this her child? Who did she sell her/him too? I just can’t believe the world we live in. People out there struggling to have kids meanwhile like this have them with no problems. Even after they get there tubes tied and burned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read this the other day and didn’t understand... was this her child? Who did she sell her/him too? I just can’t believe the world we live in. People out there struggling to have kids meanwhile like this have them with no problems. Even after they get there tubes tied and burned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe Mariah was "sold" to anyone.

Just a few weeks prior to Mariah's death, EK busted the windows out of the van because he was out of cigarettes and was left without the keys. LE took the report. Would that not have alerted anyone to his "adult temper", that he was living in the home with the children and there might be reason to think it was not a safe environment? MOO

We spoke again with Alex Woods, the biological father of Mariah Woods. He told NewsChannel 12's Merrilee Moore he had been cleared by investigators as a suspect.

So let me get this straight. The biological father who has not seen his children in a year and a half because he works Friday nights and the mother would not allow his then new live in girlfriend to pick the children up, but never picked them up on Saturday, tells a media outlet that he has been cleared by investigators in (the death of Mariah, any prior abuse or neglect, sinking the titanic) by (law enforcement, social services or the good humor man) make it fact? So help me understand this because I may be a little senile and confused. If I tell a reporter that I climbed Mt Everest does that make it fact?

I am not trying to discredit the father or get him elected Pope. I am genuinely concerned with what we are accepting as “fact” or “proof”. When did we put down innocent until proven guilty and pick up pitchforks and torches based on our feelings about how we feel about somone or how they look or grieve. At this point in time the only allegations I have seen regarding sexual assault was the word of the father who had been absent for a year and a half. The only allegations of a belt incident were from the father. The only word of the mother blocking visitation is from the father. When did he who talks the most get elevated to being the truth teller? What standard are we using now, prepondence of evidence, probable cause, resonable doubt? We are better than this. We don’t dispense justice based on feelings and poorly informed opinions. This is a country where we are innocent until proven guilty

I saw something happen here the last 24 hours or so that shocked me. Someone asked a question and several people who live, work and play in my beautiful home state attempted to answer the question with the true and accurate knowledge they have from living here. Yes some posters were so convinced of what they either wanted to believe or thought without enough information, that they continued to challenge the information.

We who live here understand the unique traditions and information relative to our state just as I would expect posters from other states and countries to about theirs. I would never be so bold as to challenge someone else about their knowledge of their homes. Yet we are all here because we want justice for the beautiful child Mariah. I understand the rage one feels at the premature death of a child. We cant be so blinded by that rage that we lessen our standards for fact and proof.

We can not be so consumed by that rage that we take it out on those who disagree with us. If we work together instead of taking sides based on intuition or feelings we will accomplish far more. We can respectfully disagree and still work together to reach a common goal.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member