Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be hundreds of flowers [emoji259] at her gravesite!

Even if they die .... should be replaced each time, for one year.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There should be hundreds of flowers [emoji259] at her gravesite!

Even if they die .... should be replaced each time, for one year.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For three years, every year her beautiful little spirit graced this earth [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For three years, every year her beautiful little spirit graced this earth [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dianaelaine and Reba:
What a beautiful thoughts.

BBM

BBM

That phrase, ”she grew cold and stiff” haunts me. I know several have associated it with rigor mortis which can begin within 2 hours of death but that hasn’t clicked with me. Tonight as I was trying to unwind it hit me. Posturing.

The
Posturing can occur minutes to hours before death. There are 3 main types.
attachment.php

Decorticate can occur with hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) from choking but it is uncommon. However is is not uncommon to have vomiting from the traumatic brain injury that causes posturing that results in severe aspiration (inhaling the vomit)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abnormal_posturing

I go back to my theory just after last weeks custody hearing that Sherin suffered a severe brain injury probably with a skull fracture as early as Wednesday evening. She stayed home from pre-school on Thursday that we know for sure and was vomiting. As her brain continued to swell she became sicker, until passing away sometime the evening or night before they reported her missing. After Sherin’s prior fractures had been identified they just could not risk getting her medical care. So they waited thinking perhaps she would get better and no one would ever know. WM speaks of her breathing slowing. And I believe that was possibly Cheyne-Stokes breathing that often comes just before death. I am more convinced than ever that Sherin’s cause of death was a head injury. JMHO

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyne–Stokes_respiration
Thus the shaking I mentioned up thread I’ve thought sure had happened.

Thus the shaking I mentioned up thread I’ve thought sure had happened.

I will bet your are right about that. if the autopsy showed she got a fatal brain, skull, or neck injury, that was probably the cause. She was so tiny, how could they be so rough with her? I think Sini was doing that often and this time went too far. Maybe that's how both shoulders got broken, too -- slamming her against the wall once to start shaking her. Egads, I have to stop visualizing what they could have done to her. It's getting to me.

IMO, I think that Sini has held WM totally responsible for bringing Sherin into their lives. He brought "damaged goods" into their family and she has punished him ever since. He, the total submissive side of the marital union, has been made to feel totally responsible for all the problems he has caused for bringing Sherin into the household. He has to pay for what he had done. Sini is the dominate, controlling person in this relationship and has dictated what WM had to do to correct the situation. He followed her instructions and did as told.

She needs to spend the rest of her life behind bars. JMO

That's what I see now, too, about their relationship. I hope he is realizing what a dope he's been being with her. And I hope he is starting to see her in a true light and not deceiving himself anymore that they had a good marriage. Her not looking at him in the court room shows her cruelty. I just hope WM's lawyer convinces WM that he needs to save himself which means telling the whole real truth about Sini.

Woops, I meant 10/15 or 10/16. 90 days for toxicology would be mid January I guess.

BBM, I'm not sure who else was involved in the choosing of Sherin's headstone etc., and sometimes if you have never had to deal with a death the funeral home will help you and advise on what would be appropriate to make a choice that is acceptable. Is it a fact that no one else was involved with it all apart from WM? Any other family members?
My guess is that WM's is going to try and pass Sherin's death off as being accidental and that he didn't call 911 because he panicked. And from what we know now about the CPS involvement, the W's were notified about suspected child abuse because of the fractures that were noted on Sherin's x-rays by the pediatrician. And it has already been stated by WM's attorney he was a good father. Should be an interesting Trial to say the least.

Thank you for pointing that out. I am certain that funeral homes have lists of suggestions for what to put on headstones, and this one sounds like a fairly typical one for a child. Where I live it has become a usual thing to have a video of pictures of the person playing on a loop during visitation, along with music the family selects. I'm sure that they have available a number of canned options available for families that don't have all the personal network and resources available to completely handle all aspects (although some may prefer less help).

Yes--the headstone is ironic. Still, the child deserves a decent memorial. We know that she was loved somewhere, if not in that house.

That's what I see now, too, about their relationship. I hope he is realizing what a dope he's been being with her. And I hope he is starting to see her in a true light and not deceiving himself anymore that they had a good marriage. Her not looking at him in the court room shows her cruelty. I just hope WM's lawyer convinces WM that he needs to save himself which means telling the whole real truth about Sini.

I don't know. Don't totally see how he could be completely submissive and also override her on adoption, if she was always opposed.

Still puzzling them out.

I don't know. Don't totally see how he could be completely submissive and also override her on adoption, if she was always opposed.

Still puzzling them out.
I
I totally agree with that. If whatever she said went and she didn't want Sherin, I can't see how she would have allowed it.

Thank you for pointing that out. I am certain that funeral homes have lists of suggestions for what to put on headstones, and this one sounds like a fairly typical one for a child. Where I live it has become a usual thing to have a video of pictures of the person playing on a loop during visitation, along with music the family selects. I'm sure that they have available a number of canned options available for families that don't have all the personal network and resources available to completely handle all aspects (although some may prefer less help).

Yes--the headstone is ironic. Still, the child deserves a decent memorial. We know that she was loved somewhere, if not in that house.

In my experience the funeral home people were wonderful and caring and came to our home to discuss what we would prefer to do at the funeral.
They made lots of great suggestions re music, eulogy information, flowers, cremation or burial and ongoingly were of great support. And i think when a child dies unexpectedly it is even more tragic, so all the help given is very appreciated by the family.
I think Sherin was loved by other people outside of her home too. She went to church & day care or some type of school situation where she would of had little friends too. And all her other family members on both sides of the Mathews families. All IMO.

Still puzzling them out.

I think it is difficult to determine the dynamic between SM & WM unless you lived in that household. Most people put on a good face outwardly in public, but privately can be a very different story. In most relationships it is a bit of a power play as to who is the more dominant figure and who is the more submissive between couples, IMO.

After thinking a little bit more on what could possibly cause a TBI (traumatic brain injury) to Sherin and also cause the bilateral fractures in her arms, I remembered how she was only 22lbs, about the size of a 1 year old.

This lead me to think that she may have been shaken, very violently at least during the time her arms were broken.
[FONT=&quot]Symptoms of shaken baby syndrome may include:[/FONT]
  • difficulty staying awake
  • body tremors
  • trouble breathing
  • poor eating
  • vomiting
  • discolored skin
  • seizures
  • coma
  • paralysis

Shaken baby syndrome is very dangerous and often fatal.

Shaking a baby or young child can cause their brain to repeatedly hit the inside of the skull. This impact can trigger bruising in the brain, bleeding in the brain, and brain swelling. Other injuries may include broken bones as well as damage to the baby’s eyes, spine, and neck.
Shaken baby syndrome is more common in children under age 2, but it can affect children up to age 5.

https://www.healthline.com/health/shaken-baby-syndrome

Just trying to figure out how Sherin may have sustained her known injuries.

JMO

ETA I am thinking of a brain injury as possible cause of death based on the way she went rigid and the post GrouchyMom made earlier explaining how a brain injury could have caused the symptoms that WM described.

OT—

For those of you who haven't seen it there is a fun thread that asks how you came up with your screen name. Some of our regulars here have participated and I love the stories posted. (Yes I did explain grochyom) For those of you who haven’t please do. I would love to know more about the wonderful posters on this Thead that I have come to respect and appreciative so much. It is something to do as our informtion seems to be in a lull.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?326153-What-is-the-story-behind-your-WS-name

I think it is difficult to determine the dynamic between SM & WM unless you lived in that household. Most people put on a good face outwardly in public, but privately can be a very different story. In most relationships it is a bit of a power play as to who is the more dominant figure and who is the more submissive between couples, IMO.

It would be interesting if someday their bio daughter wrote a book on what she witnessed in that home regarding her little sister. I have a feeling this is why WM and WM were so desperate to keep custody of her -- because she is the one witness to it all. Maybe that's why the courts now won't allow them access to her. No telling what they might do to silence her.

It would be interesting if someday their bio daughter wrote a book on what she witnessed in that home regarding her little sister. I have a feeling this is why WM and WM were so desperate to keep custody of her -- because she is the one witness to it all. Maybe that's why the courts now won't allow them access to her. No telling what they might do to silence her.

Isn't she just a little older than Sherin? I am not sure that she would have too many memories of that time, except the one of being taken away from her parents.

Isn't she just a little older than Sherin? I am not sure that she would have too many memories of that time, except the one of being taken away from her parents.

I am surprised at the memory capabilities children have. Although some do block it out. Example: My internationally adopted daughter wasn't even 2 when adopted yet she has vivid memories at the age of 6 of names, songs and bad things at the orphanage, my domestically adopted daughter was adopted at the age of 12 and cannot remember the things that were horrible. I think I am most astounded at my younger daughter having memories since she was so young.

I am surprised at the memory capabilities children have. Although some do block it out. Example: My internationally adopted daughter wasn't even 2 when adopted yet she has vivid memories at the age of 6 of names, songs and bad things at the orphanage, my domestically adopted daughter was adopted at the age of 12 and cannot remember the things that were horrible. I think I am most astounded at my younger daughter having memories since she was so young.

It may be her own memories, or it may be “secrets” the other child told her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member